ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Old 12th May 2016, 03:46 AM   #1
Malbec
Muse

CERN -- Greatest of all FALSE FLAGS ?

https://youtu.be/VvyItRFzi-M

Quote:
No one has been able to stop or thoroughly examine CERN experiments as it is sanctioned by a mysterious assembly of international associations where the ultimate authority of the project has been so hidden through compartmentalization that you cannot find any one leader, CEO, or entity in charge. In fact, many scientists who are employed by CERN probably don’t know what it is . They are just conducting their limited scope of work, which could be legitimate, given to them by a supervisor that is also working within constraints and boundaries. Everything is on a need-to-know basis.
(Like S4 or Area 51 as it was )

In a process , known as diffusion of responsibility, no one is ultimately responsible. In CERN’s case this means that science can do whatever it wants–whether it is creating light-speed atomic collisions, capturing mysterious “particles” that can create supernovas or black holes, genetic modification of plants, animals and humans, or just the standard militaristic warlord banker’s favorite — building new bombs for both sides of the conflict. CERN gives scientists permission to have free reign to rip apart or explode anything they want just because they are trying to find the God particle.

The CERN scientific community makes the braggadocios statement that “Science can do what God does, or better!” With its community of 25,000 international scientists, scattered throughout the world, who are not responsible to any particular national law or regulation, diffusion of responsibility gives this group exclusionary power and immunity to decide which experiments are worthy of its endeavors, while protecting its scientists from any personal or group consequences.
Copy quote from Anonymous Patriots

Edited by jsfisher:  Quote added to clearly delineate copied material. Link to one source for it: http://themillenniumreport.com/2016/...am-in-history/

They had so far failed to produce anything of public consequence but now possibly can paint perfect circles in the sky , see video .
Incidentally NSA have publicly stated that matters like the Higgs Bosun are nonsense and that the detail data seems bogus .Not that it helps anything anytime .

Last edited by jsfisher; 12th May 2016 at 06:18 AM.
Malbec is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th May 2016, 03:54 AM   #2
Belz...
Fiend God

Originally Posted by Malbec View Post
No one has been able to stop or thoroughly examine CERN experiments
So go there yourself.

Quote:
as it is sanctioned by a mysterious assembly of international associations where the ultimate authority
Known as "scientists".

Quote:
In CERN’s case this means that science can do whatever it wants–whether it is creating light-speed atomic collisions, capturing mysterious “particles” that can create supernovas or black holes, genetic modification of plants, animals and humans, or just the standard militaristic warlord banker’s favorite — building new bombs for both sides of the conflict.
Making things up as you go isn't evidence of anything, Malbec.

Quote:
The CERN scientific community makes the braggadocios statement that “Science can do what God does, or better!”
So that's what bothere you.

Quote:
They had so far failed to produce anything of public consequence
Translation: you don't understand the purpose of CERN.

Quote:
Incidentally NSA have publicly stated that matters like the Higgs Bosun are nonsense and that the detail data seems bogus
To whom? You? You clearly haven't got the first clue about nuclear physics. Why should that mean anything?

Belz... is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th May 2016, 03:56 AM   #3
Malbec
Muse

First know about what you are referring to

Quote:
CERN is a Network Access Point for surveillance for the ECHELON spy system.

ECHELON is a surveillance program (signals intelligence / SIGINT collection and analysis network) operated on behalf of the five signatory nations to the UKUSA Security Agreement—Australia, Canada, New Zealand, the United Kingdom and the United States. The program was created in the late 1960s to monitor the military and diplomatic communications of the Soviet Union and its Eastern Bloc allies during the Cold War, and was formally established in 1971. By the end of the 20th century, the system referred to as “ECHELON” had allegedly evolved beyond its military and diplomatic origins, to also become “…a global system for the interception of private and commercial communications.”

Britain’s The Guardian newspaper summarized the capabilities of the ECHELON system as follows: “A global network of electronic spy stations that can eavesdrop on telephones, faxes and computers. It can even track bank accounts. This information is stored in ECHELON computers, which can keep millions of records on individuals. Officially, however, Echelon doesn’t exist.”

See more at http://themillenniumreport.com/2016/...am-in-history/

Edited by jsfisher:  Quote tags added, link to source added, and copied material trimmed for compliance with Rule 4 of the Membership Agreement.

Last edited by jsfisher; 12th May 2016 at 06:21 AM.
Malbec is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th May 2016, 03:59 AM   #4
Norman Alexander
Illuminator

Is this some sort of a celebration that Kent Hovind has been released from jail? Time to start up the really-out-there conspiracy theories?
...our governments are just trying to protect us from terror. In the same way that someone banging a hornets’ nest with a stick is trying to protect us from hornets. Frankie Boyle, Guardian, July 2015
Norman Alexander is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th May 2016, 04:00 AM   #5
Malbec
Muse

Originally Posted by Argumemnon View Post
So go there yourself.Known as "scientists".
Making things up as you go isn't evidence of anything, Malbec.
So that's what bothere you.
Translation: you don't understand the purpose of CERN.
To whom? You? You clearly haven't got the first clue about nuclear physics. Why should that mean anything?
Re-read and address your off beam comments to Patriots Anon . As clearly stated . Not me .
I am the Messenger -- yet again .
Old 12th May 2016, 04:00 AM   #6
fagin
Philosopher

Sounds like a list of plots for a series of rubbish Bond type movies.
Old 12th May 2016, 04:01 AM   #7
Malbec
Muse

Originally Posted by Norman Alexander View Post
Is this some sort of a celebration that Kent Hovind has been released from jail? Time to start up the really-out-there conspiracy theories?
You are generations adrift ..
Old 12th May 2016, 04:09 AM   #8
Border Reiver
Philosopher

Originally Posted by fagin View Post
I was thinking more of a less grounded Tom Clancy knock-off, maybe something like the old Mack Bolan or Phoenix Force books.
Old 12th May 2016, 04:12 AM   #9
abaddon
Penultimate Amazing

<snip>

In a process , known as diffusion of responsibility, no one is ultimately responsible. In CERN’s case this means that science can do whatever it wants–whether it is creating light-speed atomic collisions, capturing mysterious “particles” that can create supernovas or black holes, genetic modification of plants, animals and humans, or just the standard militaristic warlord banker’s favorite — building new bombs for both sides of the conflict. CERN gives scientists permission to have free reign to rip apart or explode anything they want just because they are trying to find the God particle.

<snip>
Utterly wrong. CERN is governed by the CERN council. Here is their website. Read it.

CERN does not have a CEO, it has a Director-General who performs that function among others. The current incumbent is Fabiola Gianotti who was appointed on Jan 1, 2016.

Given that you cannot even get basic public information, why should anyone waste time on the rest of your post?

...love and buttercakes...
abaddon is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th May 2016, 04:19 AM   #10
Norman Alexander
Illuminator

You are generations adrift ..
Not really. Hovind was sent to jail for 10 years for making up great steaming piles of **** and trying to convince others it was true. He was a poster-boy for the anti-government looney-tunes conspiracy theorists. And lo! Here you are doing the same thing!

Are you going to tell me when to laugh at this? Because I am already...
...our governments are just trying to protect us from terror. In the same way that someone banging a hornets’ nest with a stick is trying to protect us from hornets. Frankie Boyle, Guardian, July 2015
Norman Alexander is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th May 2016, 04:33 AM   #11
Jack by the hedge
Safely Ignored

Please can you indicate;
1) precisely what "a Network Access Point for surveillance" means
2) any evidence that you didn't just pull that assertion out of your backside
Jack by the hedge is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th May 2016, 04:43 AM   #12
Dr.Sid
Graduate Poster

Seek medical help. Also, stop reading conspiracy sites. Watch kitty videos instead.
Dr.Sid is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th May 2016, 04:47 AM   #13
Belz...
Fiend God

Evidence, please.

Belz... is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th May 2016, 04:48 AM   #14
Belz...
Fiend God

Re-read and address your off beam comments to Patriots Anon . As clearly stated . Not me .
I am the Messenger -- yet again .
You are presenting these arguments here as fact. It is your burden to support these claims. Otherwise they can be dismissed out of hand, which is exactly what I'm doing right now, pending you doing some work to support them.

Old 12th May 2016, 04:52 AM   #15
LSSBB
Devilish Dictionarian

Originally Posted by Jack by the hedge View Post
Please can you indicate;
1) precisely what "a Network Access Point for surveillance" means
2) any evidence that you didn't just pull that assertion out of your backside
I believe it's similar to a Jeffries Tube.
Old 12th May 2016, 04:54 AM   #16
NoahFence
Banned

NoahFence is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th May 2016, 04:55 AM   #17
fagin
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Border Reiver View Post
I was thinking more of a less grounded Tom Clancy knock-off, maybe something like the old Mack Bolan or Phoenix Force books.
I loved Mack Bolan books when I was about 10. (I seem to remember there were approx. a million of them in the library.)
Old 12th May 2016, 05:49 AM   #18
Jrrarglblarg

Thread title is liguistically and conceptually offensive and has been reported. I'm reporting this thread for misuse of the term False Flag. If we allow such abuse of language and concepts we might as well give up and become Facebook, or run for political office.

Who's flag is CERN flying, Malbec? What flag should they be flying, Malbec? Do you understand the nature of my complaint?
Jrrarglblarg is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th May 2016, 06:17 AM   #19
BStrong
Penultimate Amazing

ECHELON is a surveillance program (signals intelligence / SIGINT collection and analysis network) operated on behalf of the five signatory nations to the UKUSA Security Agreement—Australia, Canada, New Zealand, the United Kingdom and the United States. The program was created in the late 1960s to monitor the military and diplomatic communications of the Soviet Union and its Eastern Bloc allies during the Cold War, and was formally established in 1971. By the end of the 20th century, the system referred to as “ECHELON” had allegedly evolved beyond its military and diplomatic origins, to also become “…a global system for the interception of private and commercial communications.”

Britain’s The Guardian newspaper summarized the capabilities of the ECHELON system as follows: “A global network of electronic spy stations that can eavesdrop on telephones, faxes and computers. It can even track bank accounts. This information is stored in ECHELON computers, which can keep millions of records on individuals. Officially, however, Echelon doesn’t exist.”

Edited by jsfisher:  Moderated content redacted.

It's usually considered to be good form when you cut and paste an article from another source to link to the original material:

http://themillenniumreport.com/2016/...am-in-history/

Or are you the owner of/author of the material at Millenium Report?

"Dulce bellum inexpertīs." - Erasmus

Last edited by jsfisher; 12th May 2016 at 06:23 AM.
BStrong is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th May 2016, 06:51 AM   #20
DuvalHMFIC
Graduate Poster

I always enjoy the forum more when we have the nutters around.
Old 12th May 2016, 07:08 AM   #21
sackett
Philosopher

I just nutz about eye ess eff

Originally Posted by DuvalHMFIC View Post
You & me & a lot of others.

And that's why I oppose banning. Ever.

Not that I am criticizing the Mods, peas and butter be all over them, amen, selah.

What region of the earth is not filled with our calamities? -- Virgil
sackett is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th May 2016, 07:22 AM   #22
Malbec
Muse

Hands up anybody who has read the Millennium report -- which incidentally was not my direct information source, though it seems to amount to the same thing .
I also oppose banning-- except in extreme situations --- for I also love uninformed nutters , mostly like the people who have so far commented .
As you have previously seen , I thrive on ridicule and name calling so you are wasting your time posting in this vein -- unless you are trying to reassure others that you are still part of the snotty nosed , attempted smart arse crowd .
What most amazes me is your absurd anger -- as though your world view has been put out of joint .
None of you notice that the Topic title ends with a squiggle which most people treat as a , Question mark .
So grow up , and if you cannot or will not look at the matter sensibly , hop off elsewhere and get busy .
Old 12th May 2016, 07:23 AM   #23
Rincewind
Philosopher

Originally Posted by DuvalHMFIC View Post

I'm glad to see that things continued while my laptop was away for a harddiscectomy....
Rincewind is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th May 2016, 07:30 AM   #24
fagin
Philosopher

...I thrive on ridicule and name calling...
Everyone has their little kinks.
Old 12th May 2016, 07:33 AM   #25
Jrrarglblarg

Please address the conceptual failure implicit in your thread title. Content of your latest regurgitations can be analyzed in detail once we finish cleaning up the first mess.

False Flag is not a generic term for conspiracy or hoax. It is a specific technical term for a specific type of event. When Mormon settlers in Utah dressed as Indians to attack wagon trains and capture women and children, that was a false flag. When William Randolph Hearst blamed Spain for sinking the Maine, that was NOT a false flag.

Here's the wiki on false flag
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/False_flag

I suggest you read it and ask mods to fix your title.
Jrrarglblarg is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th May 2016, 07:38 AM   #26
AcesHigh
Critical Thinker

So, somehow, NSA has a saying on advanced physics matter, and challenge the validity of the Higgs Boson particle.

I wonder why they would even do that. Shouldn't they be covering the conspiracy?

Anyway, few times i read so much nonsense at the same time.

Btw, CERN can't accelerate particles to light speed. Nothing with mass can reach those speeds.
AcesHigh is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th May 2016, 07:43 AM   #27
Joey McGee
Banned

What else is a false flag?

The Humane Society?

Disney movies?

Ham sandwiches?
Joey McGee is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th May 2016, 07:53 AM   #28
abaddon
Penultimate Amazing

Hands up anybody who has read the Millennium report -- which incidentally was not my direct information source, though it seems to amount to the same thing .
I also oppose banning-- except in extreme situations --- for I also love uninformed nutters , mostly like the people who have so far commented .
As you have previously seen , I thrive on ridicule and name calling so you are wasting your time posting in this vein -- unless you are trying to reassure others that you are still part of the snotty nosed , attempted smart arse crowd .
What most amazes me is your absurd anger -- as though your world view has been put out of joint .
None of you notice that the Topic title ends with a squiggle which most people treat as a , Question mark .
So grow up , and if you cannot or will not look at the matter sensibly , hop off elsewhere and get busy .
I read it, couldn't stop laughing. It was a steady stream of paranoid delusional crackpottery fueled by outright lies.

It was so bad that it was unintentionally hilarious. You could almost feel the steady drizzle of spittle as the author foamed at the keyboard from thousands of miles away in some fundamentalist compound or possibly a padded cell.

Please tell me you don't believe any of that.

...love and buttercakes...
abaddon is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th May 2016, 07:55 AM   #29
Beerina
Sarcastic Conqueror of Notions

Where can I read about this official NSA statement that the Higgs Boson experiments are nonsense?

The government should nationalize it! Socialized, single-payer video game development and sales now! More, cheaper, better games, right? Right?
Beerina is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th May 2016, 07:58 AM   #30
AdamSK
Graduate Poster

There's nothing hidden about CERN's control and structure.

Quote:
The CERN council is the highest authority of the Organization and has responsibility for all-important decisions. It controls CERN’s activities in scientific, technical and administrative matters. It approves programmes of activity, adopts the budgets and reviews expenditure. The council is assisted by the Scientific Policy Committee and the Finance Committee. The Director-General, appointed by the council, manages the CERN laboratory. The Director-General is assisted by a directorate and runs the laboratory through a structure of departments.

CERN is run by 21 member states, each of which has two official delegates to the CERN council. One represents his or her government’s administration; the other represents national scientific interests. Each member state has a single vote and most decisions require a simple majority, although in practice the council aims for a consensus as close as possible to unanimity.

The Scientific Policy Committee evaluates the scientific merit of activities proposed by physicists and makes recommendations on CERN’s scientific programme. Its members are scientists elected by their colleagues on the committee and appointed by council on the basis of scientific eminence without reference to nationality. Some members are also elected from non-member states.

The Finance Committee is composed of representatives from national administrations and deals with all issues relating to financial contributions by the member states and to the Organization’s budget and expenditure.

Appointed by council, usually for five years, the Director-General manages CERN. A directorate assists the Director-General, who proposes its members to council. The Director-General reports directly to the council, and can also propose to council any adjustment deemed necessary to meet the evolving needs of the research programme.
The directorate and department heads are listed right on the website. Seems pretty accountable to me.

http://home.cern/about/structure-cern
AdamSK is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th May 2016, 08:00 AM   #31
Jrrarglblarg

Originally Posted by Beerina View Post
Where can I read about this official NSA statement that the Higgs Boson experiments are nonsense?
I believe these theories originate from our system's seventh planet.
Old 12th May 2016, 08:19 AM   #32
DuvalHMFIC
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by Joey McGee View Post
What else is a false flag?

The Humane Society?

Disney movies?

Ham sandwiches?
Close, it's actually bacon though:

http://www.scrumptiouschef.com/2016/...veybell-farms/
Old 12th May 2016, 08:20 AM   #33
Giordano
Penultimate Amazing

Certain posts, even OPs, are themselves false flags that are not really reflections of what the poster themselves believes true but are created for another purpose... Use caution and skepticism before over interpreting!
Giordano is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th May 2016, 08:21 AM   #34
fuelair
Suspended

Edited by jsfisher:  Quote added to clearly delineate copied material. Link to one source for it: http://themillenniumreport.com/2016/...am-in-history/

They had so far failed to produce anything of public consequence but now possibly can paint perfect circles in the sky , see video .
Incidentally NSA have publicly stated that matters like the Higgs Bosun are nonsense and that the detail data seems bogus .Not that it helps anything anytime .
With this **** I have no further interest in your posts of any kind. You do not exist for any purpose in my posting.
fuelair is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th May 2016, 08:27 AM   #35
sts60
Master Poster

The problem is that you started out with a title that doesn't even match the subject, and went downhill from there. You regurgitated someone else's claims, almost all of which were wrong - the ones that were coherent enough to be parsed, anyway - and provided no evidence for anything. You then admonished people to understand the subject, but neither you nor your source have any idea what you're talking about.

No one is angry with you. You're getting questioned, and you're being ridiculed, but that's it. Since you keep repeating other people's crackpot claims, but run away from defending them when challenged, and admit that you "thrive on ridicule", then why should anybody continue to try to educate you? Why should we not write you off as a troll?
sts60 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th May 2016, 08:34 AM   #36
jaydeehess
Penultimate Amazing

So not a dang thing in this article that can be substantiated at all. IOW its all made up bull hockey.

Quote:
They had so far failed to produce anything of public consequence
Perhaps you'd like to define "of public consequence" in relation to the purpose of CERN?

Quote:
but now possibly can paint perfect circles in the sky , see video .
Let's pretend I'd like some sort of info on what the H you are talking about before I view an undescribed video.

Quote:
Really, when, where, did the NSA state this? Why does the NSA not know how to spell "boson"?

Last edited by jaydeehess; 12th May 2016 at 08:37 AM.
jaydeehess is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th May 2016, 08:42 AM   #37
jaydeehess
Penultimate Amazing

http://home.cern/about
Quote:

This content is archived on the CERN Document Server

At CERN, the European Organization for Nuclear Research, physicists and engineers are probing the fundamental structure of the universe. They use the world's largest and most complex scientific instruments to study the basic constituents of matter – the fundamental particles. The particles are made to collide together at close to the speed of light. The process gives the physicists clues about how the particles interact, and provides insights into the fundamental laws of nature.

The instruments used at CERN are purpose-built particle accelerators and detectors. Accelerators boost beams of particles to high energies before the beams are made to collide with each other or with stationary targets. Detectors observe and record the results of these collisions.

Founded in 1954, the CERN laboratory sits astride the Franco-Swiss border near Geneva. It was one of Europe's first joint ventures and now has 21 member states.
You can find more information about how CERN is governed and organised here.

The structure of CERN
http://home.cern/about/structure-cern

Wow, including the copy and paste, that took all of 3 minutes.
jaydeehess is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th May 2016, 08:50 AM   #38
Trebuchet
Penultimate Amazing

CERN, IIRC, is where the WWW was created it. Perhaps the OP should stop using it.
Old 12th May 2016, 09:07 AM   #39
Captain_Swoop
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by fagin View Post
Sounds like someone played Deus-Ex
Captain_Swoop is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th May 2016, 09:10 AM   #40
NoahFence
Banned

YouTube Video This video is not hosted by the ISF. The ISF can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website.
I AGREE
NoahFence is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories