ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags !MOD BOX WARNING! , donald trump , Kim Jong-un , US-North Korea relations

Old 4th May 2019, 10:00 AM   #2241
Captain_Swoop
Penultimate Amazing

Trump Tweets

Anything in this very interesting world is possible, but I believe that Kim Jong Un fully realizes the great economic potential of North Korea, & will do nothing to interfere or end it. He also knows that I am with him & does not want to break his promise to me. Deal will happen!
Captain_Swoop is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th May 2019, 10:05 AM   #2242
Captain_Swoop
Penultimate Amazing

North Korea has tested several short-range missiles, according to reports from South Korea.

They were fired from the Hodo peninsula in the east of the country, said South Korea's Joint Chiefs of Staff.

If confirmed, it will be the first missile launch since Pyongyang tested an intercontinental ballistic missile in November 2017.

That was the first test since the Vietnam summit between the North Korean leader, Kim Jong-un, and US President Donald Trump, which ended without agreement.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-48158880
Captain_Swoop is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th May 2019, 10:18 AM   #2243
The Great Zaganza
Maledictorian

It might take a nuclear attack by NK to convince Trump supporters to abandon him.
Old 4th May 2019, 11:59 AM   #2244
Horatius
NWO Kitty Wrangler

I love the last line in MoJo's article about this:

Quote:
A Times analysis Saturday suggested two possible motivations for latest weapons test. First, Pyongyang might be pressuring Trump to ease sanctions on the rogue nation “by signaling that it could scuttle his biggest diplomatic achievement with the North.” More ominously, the paper noted, Kim might also be “deliberately provoking Mr. Trump into lashing out with fiery rhetoric so that the North could use that as an excuse to resume nuclear or long-range missiles.”

For now, Trump seems to be sticking with diplomacy. The president’s Saturday tweet, Ward wrote, is “about as good as we could expect at this point.”
Old 4th May 2019, 02:01 PM   #2245
Trebuchet
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by The Great Zaganza View Post
It might take a nuclear attack by NK to convince Trump supporters to abandon him.
No. They'd just blame Obama and Hillary.
Old 4th May 2019, 03:54 PM   #2246
Segnosaur
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by The Don View Post
I can't. I think it's more likely that they share hilarious stories of how they've pwned President Trump while they enjoy their ice cream and Netflix.
And to really rub it in they would each have 3 scoops of ice cream.

Sent from my LG-K121 using Tapatalk

I'm Mary Poppin's Y'all! - Yondu

We are Groot - Groot
Segnosaur is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th May 2019, 04:34 PM   #2247
Minoosh
Philosopher

I just unloaded about this in the Trump presidency thread. WTF. I mean, seriously. Ladies and gentlemen, our commander in chief.
Minoosh is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th May 2019, 04:35 PM   #2248
Minoosh
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Trebuchet View Post
No. They'd just blame Obama and Hillary.
Minoosh is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th May 2019, 10:11 PM   #2249
Lurch
Muse

Originally Posted by Minoosh View Post
I just unloaded about this in the Trump presidency thread. WTF. I mean, seriously. Ladies and gentlemen, our commander in chief.
I know what you mean, and feel your pain.

It's utterly astonishing to witness Trump happily handing over his lunch money to Kim. The younger man has the better of the 'leader' of the free world. Trump is dancing to Kim's tune. I'd be mighty pissed indeed if it were Trudeau debasing himself like this.

I just don't understand how a single so-called patriotic American can stand a millisecond of this willing humiliation. Under the fawning Tangerine Tart, whoring himself out to the country's not friends (if not enemies), the US is a laughingstock.

Add Putin to mix for a double dose.
Lurch is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th May 2019, 10:28 PM   #2250
The Great Zaganza
Maledictorian

my best explanation:
At their recent meeting, Putin handed KJU some of the Kompromat on Trump, and so it is ass-kissing time or dirty laundery airing time.
Why care about National Security when something far more important is at stake: Trump's popularity with his base.
Old 5th May 2019, 05:29 AM   #2251
Horatius
NWO Kitty Wrangler

Originally Posted by Lurch View Post
the US is a laughingstock.

They spent so long claiming that the US was a laughingstock under Obama, they've apparently lost the ability to see when they actually are a laughingstock.

Guys, never make the mistake of believing your own ********!

Oops, too late.
Old 8th May 2019, 10:30 AM   #2252
Toontown
Philosopher

Originally Posted by The Great Zaganza View Post
my best explanation:
At their recent meeting, Putin handed KJU some of the Kompromat on Trump, and so it is ass-kissing time or dirty laundery airing time.
Why care about National Security when something far more important is at stake: Trump's popularity with his base.
Nothing is at stake on that front.

The only remaining hope of Trump's base is that Trump will somehow redeem himself. They will give him every opportunity to do so. The alternative (admitting they made a horrible blunder and humbly returning to sanity) is unthinkable.
Old 8th May 2019, 11:56 AM   #2253
Lurch
Muse

Originally Posted by Toontown View Post
Nothing is at stake on that front.

The only remaining hope of Trump's base is that Trump will somehow redeem himself. They will give him every opportunity to do so. The alternative (admitting they made a horrible blunder and humbly returning to sanity) is unthinkable.
The same as saying that Trumpists are in until the bitter, bitter end. Some might require de-Trumpification, as the Germans were deemed to warrant de-Nazification after May '45.
Lurch is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th May 2019, 11:30 AM   #2254
Captain_Swoop
Penultimate Amazing

The US says it has seized a North Korean cargo ship, accusing it of violating international sanctions.

The justice department said the ship was used to transport coal, North Korea's largest export but subject to a UN export ban.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-48221507

I wonder what Trump will say about it.
Old 10th May 2019, 06:53 AM   #2255
Horatius
NWO Kitty Wrangler

Originally Posted by Captain_Swoop View Post
The US says it has seized a North Korean cargo ship, accusing it of violating international sanctions.

The justice department said the ship was used to transport coal, North Korea's largest export but subject to a UN export ban.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-48221507

I wonder what Trump will say about it.

"If they want coal, they should sail that ship right up to West Virginia, and we'll load them up will all the Clean Coal they can carry!"

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics