IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags donald trump , politics humor

View Poll Results: Where will Trump be on Jan. 20, 2021?
At Biden's inauguration, of course 4 3.70%
At Mar-A-Lago, of course 60 55.56%
Chained to the Resolute desk, of course 6 5.56%
Golfing at the Moscow Country Club 8 7.41%
Golfing with his BFF, Kim Jong Un 0 0%
In his Trump Tower penthouse, licking his wounds 10 9.26%
Camping out on the front steps of the Supreme Court building 0 0%
In the arms of Ivanka, crying into her soft, warm... shoulders 2 1.85%
In the Metropolitan Correctional Center, carving his name next to J. Epstein 2 1.85%
Who? 14 12.96%
On Planet X, where everyone's a winner! 2 1.85%
Voters: 108. You may not vote on this poll

Old 16th December 2020, 02:28 AM   #121
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Firestone View Post
Bad news for Trump.

The really rich people in Palm Beach don't want him as neighbor, and apparently they have the law on their side.
There come a time in everybody's life
When you just gotta just
Move on down the road
Stacyhs is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th December 2020, 02:36 AM   #122
Norman Alexander
Philosopher

Bad news for Trump.

The really rich people in Palm Beach don't want him as neighbor, and apparently they have the law on their side.
That property was built by Marjorie Post as her Florida retreat. She was actually a philanthropist of taste, expensive taste to be sure, but not garish. For example, her Hillwood home in Washington houses a world-class collection of Romanov Faberge items among other treasures. Marjorie would very likely have been horrified by what Trump has done with Mar a Largo. And she would be among the first to have him evicted at the earliest opportunity.
...our governments are just trying to protect us from terror. In the same way that someone banging a hornets’ nest with a stick is trying to protect us from hornets. Frankie Boyle, Guardian, July 2015
Norman Alexander is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th December 2020, 03:13 AM   #123
figarot
Muse

I think he will try and keep himself relevant and milk his fans for as much as he can, on whatever platform that will have him. He will have options, like signing up to a site like www.cameo.com where he will be paid to send congratulations or birthday greetings to his base but end up talking more about himself. I wonder how much he would charge for a message. Over $1,000 I reckon.
figarot is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th December 2020, 07:55 PM   #124
Solitaire
Neoclinus blanchardi

Nobody went with the option that he disappears mysteriously at the end of his
term. The media will speculate wildly about boys in Brazil that look at bit like
him. But three years later a maid cleaning the White House attic finds a bunch
of scraggly white fibers sticking out of a closed chest. She opens it up to find
Trump sleeping inside with the missing couch cushions, pillows, and bed sheets.
Old 16th December 2020, 07:59 PM   #125
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Solitaire View Post
Nobody went with the option that he disappears mysteriously at the end of his
term. The media will speculate wildly about boys in Brazil that look at bit like
him. But three years later a maid cleaning the White House attic finds a bunch
of scraggly white fibers sticking out of a closed chest. She opens it up to find
Trump sleeping inside with the missing couch cushions, pillows, and bed sheets.
If I could be promised a dentist scene with Trump....
Stacyhs is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th December 2020, 08:06 PM   #126
TragicMonkey
Poisoned Waffles

Xmas is coming. Perhaps in the night Trump will be visited by three ghosts, and they will lead him to visions of his past, present, and future, and then at the end he will have an enlightenment and transform into 1,000 individually-wrapped plain hamburgers. These will be devoured by a horde of passing ducks, and only the torn paper wrappers will show that here, once, there was a Trump.
Old 16th December 2020, 08:13 PM   #127
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by TragicMonkey View Post
Xmas is coming. Perhaps in the night Trump will be visited by three ghosts, and they will lead him to visions of his past, present, and future, and then at the end he will have an enlightenment and transform into 1,000 individually-wrapped plain hamburgers. These will be devoured by a horde of passing ducks, and only the torn paper wrappers will show that here, once, there was a Trump.
You have a very sick mind. I like it!
Old 16th December 2020, 08:19 PM   #128
Elvis666
Muse

Quoting my eight-year-old granddaughter at the end of a good story, "That was unexpected!"
Old 16th December 2020, 08:26 PM   #129
acbytesla
Penultimate Amazing

Bad news for Trump.

Quote:
Trump's Mar-a-Lago neighbors sent a letter to the town of Palm Beach and the Secret Service on Tuesday demanding that the town notify Trump he can't reside at Mar-a-Lago because he signed away that right in 1993, the Post reports. Telling Trump he can't use Mar-a-Lago as his residence now will "avoid an embarrassing situation" in which the former president is ordered to leave after he moves in, the letter said.

"There's absolutely no legal theory under which he can use that property as both a residence and a club," Glenn Zeitz, a nearby Palm Beach homeowner, told the Post. "Basically he's playing a dead hand." Along with the 1993 agreement, the Post reports, Trump deeded development rights to the nonprofit National Trust for Historic Preservation, pledging to "forever" give up his right to develop Mar-a-Lago or use it for "any purpose other than club use
https://news.yahoo.com/trumps-mar-la...k=tw&tsrc=twtr

Imagine getting evicted from two homes.
Old 16th December 2020, 08:30 PM   #130
Norman Alexander
Philosopher

I am intrigued by your views and wish to subscribe to your magazine.
...our governments are just trying to protect us from terror. In the same way that someone banging a hornets’ nest with a stick is trying to protect us from hornets. Frankie Boyle, Guardian, July 2015
Norman Alexander is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th December 2020, 08:47 PM   #131
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Norman Alexander View Post
I am intrigued by your views and wish to subscribe to your magazine.
Too much exposure leads to insanity. I suggest a measured approach.
Old 16th December 2020, 08:50 PM   #132
shemp
a flimsy character...perfidious and despised

Can we just leave out the wrappers? I'd prefer no evidence he ever existed. It was all just a bad dream.
shemp is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th January 2021, 03:57 PM   #133
The Atheist
The Grammar Tyrant

I know where he won't be: Scotland.
Old 5th January 2021, 04:00 PM   #134
Vixen
Penultimate Amazing

Trump will be somewhere he can't be extradited from: Morocco...? Mark my words. There will be a thread called 'Trump's Great Escape' after 21 Jan 2021.

vilken tröst, vad än som kommer på!
Vixen is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th January 2021, 04:31 PM   #135
TellyKNeasuss
Master Poster

I can't imagine Trump not doing something to try to divert the attention to himself and away from Biden. Therefore, I don't see him leaving DC and certainly not leaving the US. Host a "stop the steal" rally near the White House? Get himself on Fox News while trying to appear as if he is still the president? Hold his own "inauguration" at a prominent govt. building?

TellyKNeasuss is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th January 2021, 06:40 PM   #136
Trebuchet
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by The Atheist View Post
I know where he won't be: Scotland.
Air Force One (which is whatever plane the President is on) is approaching a Scottish airport, accompanied by half a dozen F-22's. Is the Scottish Air Force gonna shoot it down?
Old 6th January 2021, 03:45 AM   #137
zooterkin
Nitpicking dilettante
Administrator

Originally Posted by Trebuchet View Post
Air Force One (which is whatever plane the President is on) is approaching a Scottish airport, accompanied by half a dozen F-22's. Is the Scottish Air Force gonna shoot it down?
No, but they don't have to let him past Immigration.

(That would be the Royal Air Force, we haven't had devolution, yet. )
Join the JREF Folders ! Team 13232
Ezekiel 23:20
zooterkin is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th January 2021, 03:57 AM   #138
Darat
Lackey
Administrator

Do you mean before the “accidental” misfiring of the F-22 air to air missiles once Trump stops being Commander-in-Chief....
Old 6th January 2021, 04:00 AM   #139
Tero
Master Poster

Trump will be in bed at Mar a Lago with his beloved nuclear football.

Politics blog: https://esapolitics.blogspot.com/
Tero is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th January 2021, 04:29 AM   #140
timhau
NWO Litter Technician

Location: Looks like Finland. Smells like Finland. Quacks like Finland. Where the hell am I?
Originally Posted by zooterkin View Post
And while Trump is having a hissy fit at immigration, the plane that occasionally serves as Air Force One takes off for Andrews Air Force Base. I like it.
Old 6th January 2021, 05:05 AM   #141
Norman Alexander
Philosopher

Originally Posted by timhau View Post
And while Trump is having a hissy fit at immigration, the plane that occasionally serves as Air Force One takes off for Andrews Air Force Base. I like it.
If he is US President then he has the appropriate paperwork in order.

But if he is not president then he is simply John Q Doe, US citizen. It's highly unlikely that Donny will have completed the usual passenger paperwork, have his passport in order, and have complied with all UK (Scottish?) COVID prerequisites. Etc, etc. So he can be turned round at the airport and made to catch the next commercial flight back to where he came from...Washington. At his own expense.

On arrival back into the USA, Donny's passport and stuff will not be in order then either, having not acquired one on the flight. So while he rages about helplessly, he will face yet another barrage of immigration delays and questions there, and probably be required to catch the next commercial flight back to where he came from...Scotland. At his own expense.

Lather, rinse, repeat... Thus he can be kept ping-ponging across the Atlantic for days. Until he cries himself to sleep, or finally sorts his **** out.

That's my comedy-sketch idea anyway.
Old 6th January 2021, 07:12 AM   #142
TragicMonkey
Poisoned Waffles

If he is US President then he has the appropriate paperwork in order.

But if he is not president then he is simply John Q Doe, US citizen. It's highly unlikely that Donny will have completed the usual passenger paperwork, have his passport in order, and have complied with all UK (Scottish?) COVID prerequisites. Etc, etc. So he can be turned round at the airport and made to catch the next commercial flight back to where he came from...Washington. At his own expense.

On arrival back into the USA, Donny's passport and stuff will not be in order then either, having not acquired one on the flight. So while he rages about helplessly, he will face yet another barrage of immigration delays and questions there, and probably be required to catch the next commercial flight back to where he came from...Scotland. At his own expense.

Lather, rinse, repeat... Thus he can be kept ping-ponging across the Atlantic for days. Until he cries himself to sleep, or finally sorts his **** out.

That's my comedy-sketch idea anyway.
Ah, and what's that he'd be spending most of his time over in that situation? The ocean! The prophecy shall be fulfilled! Trump must go to the middle of the ocean, and become one with it, and it with him, and in glorious thalassaltude he will be rendered into chum and consumed by happy sharks and in time pooped out of the sharks and waft slowly downward into the depths of the abyss where his tranformed sharkpoop pieces will be consumed by gnawing nameless things at the bottom of the ocean. The circle completes, the square is closed, and balance returns to the cosmos. Sic semper sharkcrap bastardus est.
Old 6th January 2021, 08:34 AM   #143
MRC_Hans
Penultimate Amazing

I can't imagine AF1 will take off at all without having been given permission to land at the destination. No larger planes do that, nowadays.

Hans
Old 6th January 2021, 08:51 AM   #144
Segnosaur
Penultimate Amazing

Does Trump even know what those words mean?

Quote:
Will the plane be allowed to refuel between stops? If not, I'd be all for that plan.

I'm Mary Poppin's Y'all! - Yondu

We are Groot - Groot
Segnosaur is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th January 2021, 10:32 AM   #145
crackers
Muse

If Biden is smart, he’ll bar Trump from the Inauguration. If he doesn’t, he’ll have only himself to blame when he tries to give his Inauguration speech and Trump goes all Kanye West on him: “Imma let you speak in a minute, Joe...”
crackers is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th January 2021, 11:06 AM   #146
Trebuchet
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by zooterkin View Post

(That would be the Royal Air Force, we haven't had devolution, yet. )
That was a joke....

Can Boris override Sturgeon?
Old 6th January 2021, 12:35 PM   #147
zooterkin
Nitpicking dilettante
Administrator

That was a joke....

I know who my money'd be on.
Join the JREF Folders ! Team 13232
Ezekiel 23:20
zooterkin is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th January 2021, 12:47 PM   #148
TragicMonkey
Poisoned Waffles

And what is a sturgeon? A kind of fish! You see, it all leads to the ocean! It's fate!
Old 7th January 2021, 02:26 AM   #149
Elagabalus
Philosopher

I'm updating my prediction. Trump will stay til the 20th. They will have to taser him to get him out of there. Trump needs his followers to feel sorry for him so making a Yuge scene as he is torn away from the resolute desk is in the offing.
Elagabalus is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th January 2021, 10:18 AM   #150
Woolgatherer
Graduate Poster

Watching as the United States opens up to the world again.
Woolgatherer is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th January 2021, 10:48 AM   #151
timhau
NWO Litter Technician

Location: Looks like Finland. Smells like Finland. Quacks like Finland. Where the hell am I?
Watching sanity return to the White House, and not recognizing it.
Old 9th January 2021, 08:29 AM   #152
Solitaire
Neoclinus blanchardi

I finally decided to go with Mar-A-Lago.

He'll probably sing along with the song I Fought the Law by Sonny Curtis
in an attempt to cheer himself up because he really likes that song.
Old 18th January 2021, 05:43 AM   #153
SteveAitch
Scholar

Well, at least this member of the Trump 'family' has somewhere to go where he is wanted...
Old 18th January 2021, 06:37 AM   #154
Tero
Master Poster

Trump will be helicoptering in the morning, so he can have his "rally"/parade at the airport. So there will be press trying to get shots of him going to that helicopter. I can't imagine him being driven through DC.

Politics blog: https://esapolitics.blogspot.com/
Tero is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics