IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags Coronavirus , diseases

Old 6th January 2021, 11:08 AM   #961
MRC_Hans
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Bubba View Post
This wont be on 'the news'
Well, perhaps because it is nonsense? I live in Europe, and we have had various spells of lock-downs, whenever the virus started to spread. It is hard, it is unpleasant, and it is expensive, but it works. It saves lives.

Hans
Old 16th January 2021, 09:58 PM   #962
Bubba
Philosopher

they say dont say its a vaccine

They say it us a synthetic pathogen, not a vaccine according to the legal definition of the word vaccine.

https://www.brighteon.com/8e0a4594-f...1-f1e672c808e8
Bubba is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th January 2021, 10:25 PM   #963
Matthew Ellard
Illuminator

They say it us a synthetic pathogen, not a vaccine according to the legal definition of the word vaccine.

"The experimental mRNA COVID vaccines are not even vaccines, and legally cannot be called “vaccines,” because they are really medical devices."

You are hilarious Bubba. Tell us how an mRNA vaccine is actually a medical device and not a vaccine?

And please please please refuse to take any Covid19 vaccine. Human kind really doesn't need your genes in the future human gene pool.

Matthew Ellard is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th January 2021, 10:32 PM   #964
Resume
Troublesome Passenger

Let me see . . .

Should I get my medical information from an anonymous internet conspiracy consumer who is continually gulled, this time by a disgraced medical researcher?

No, I should not.
Resume is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th January 2021, 10:46 PM   #965
bruto
Penultimate Amazing

Bubba, you really should (I mean this really) note in such links that the page you link to is NSFW. I don't mind those F words on the page, but some do.

For those who don't want to bother opening a Bubba Link, I took one for the team. It is, of course ...well, let's just say a teeeeny weeeeny bit partisan. Note that the video linked includes as keywords:

"Covid Hoax, Sheep wear Masks, Coronavirusiscommoncold, Crimes against Humanity, Covid19is NWO," and other indications, some not printable in this family forum, which might be a clue that the information contained therein may be...let's just say arguable.

Other video links on the page include a direct line to Alex Jones.

If you want to get a little insight into the kinds of sources Bubba depends on, and maybe a little insight into that frame of mind, by all means go, but don't say I didn't warn you, and don't forget to wear mask, gloves, and muck-proof boots.

Quand il dit "cuic" le moineau croit tout dire. (When he's tweeted the sparrow thinks he's said it all. (Jules Renard)

Last edited by bruto; 16th January 2021 at 10:48 PM.
bruto is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th January 2021, 10:48 PM   #966
Resume
Troublesome Passenger

Originally Posted by bruto View Post
For those who don't want to bother opening a Bubba Link, I took one for the team. It is, of course ...well, let's just say a teeeeny weeeeny bit partisan. Note that the video linked includes as keywords:

"Covid Hoax, Sheep wear Masks, Coronavirusiscommoncold, Crimes against Humanity, Covid19is NWO," and other indications, some not printable in this family forum, which might be a clue that the information contained therein may be...let's just say arguable.

Other video links on the page include a direct line to Alex Jones.

If you want to get a little insight into the kinds of sources Bubba depends on, and maybe a little insight into that frame of mind, by all means go, but don't say I didn't warn you, and don't forget to wear mask, gloves, and muck-proof boots.
He is promoting mouth crud from Judy Mikovits of Plandemic infamy. Nothing further needs to be said.
Resume is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th January 2021, 11:26 PM   #967
Bubba
Philosopher

Its a synthetic pathogen, not a vaccine

55 People Died in US After Receiving COVID-19 Vaccines: Reporting System

https://www.theepochtimes.com/55-peo...g-2021-01-16-3
Bubba is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th January 2021, 11:29 PM   #968
Resume
Troublesome Passenger

CANE.
Old 16th January 2021, 11:55 PM   #969
Jim_MDP
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Resume View Post
CANE.
Sorry, you've used that a few times the past couple weeks and I'm sure I saw it "spelled out" a few months back but just can't parse it.
(We got an "I haz a dumb" emoticon around this joint? )

"Suggesting spurious explanations isn't relevant to my work." -- WTC Dust.
"Both cannot be simultaneously true, and so one may conclude neither is true, and if neither is true, then Apollo is fraudulent." -- Patrick1000.
Jim_MDP is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th January 2021, 11:58 PM   #970
Resume
Troublesome Passenger

Originally Posted by Jim_MDP View Post
Sorry, you've used that a few times the past couple weeks and I'm sure I saw it "spelled out" a few months back but just can't parse it.
(We got an "I haz a dumb" emoticon around this joint? )
Claims Are Not Evidence.

ETA: But even if we accept the bald claim from the comic book Epoch Times as fact, it is still 405,261 to 55. But we should never accept any claim from that rag as fact without removing it with forceps and putting it under the microscope first.

Last edited by Resume; 17th January 2021 at 12:04 AM.
Old 17th January 2021, 12:04 AM   #971
Jim_MDP
Philosopher

Thank you... thank you very much.

"Suggesting spurious explanations isn't relevant to my work." -- WTC Dust.
"Both cannot be simultaneously true, and so one may conclude neither is true, and if neither is true, then Apollo is fraudulent." -- Patrick1000.
Jim_MDP is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th January 2021, 12:18 AM   #972
Aridas
Crazy Little Green Dragon

Originally Posted by Resume View Post
Claims Are Not Evidence.

ETA: But even if we accept the bald claim from the comic book Epoch Times as fact, it is still 405,261 to 55. But we should never accept any claim from that rag as fact without removing it with forceps and putting it under the microscope first.
Going a little further, given the rushed schedule and that the vaccines are only being distributed under emergency approval, it's not even remotely surprising. At last check, it was repeatedly predicted, no less. With that said, 405,261 to 55 is misleading, at best. The functional point of vaccines in general is to greatly reduce the total damage done in larger populations, which should ever be recognized as taking into account that vaccines do cause problems up to and including death. A heck of a lot less people have been vaccinated than have had COVID, though, and the vaccines have only just begun to have a chance to show their effects in general practice, so it's misleading to compare those numbers directly on a couple fronts. Even so, we can fairly safely say that the current evidence is still pointing towards very significant net benefit as a result of getting vaccinated.

Last edited by Aridas; 17th January 2021 at 12:19 AM.
Aridas is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th January 2021, 12:21 AM   #973
Resume
Troublesome Passenger

Originally Posted by Aridas View Post
Going a little further, given the rushed schedule and that the vaccines are only being distributed under emergency approval, it's not even remotely surprising. At last check, it was repeatedly predicted, no less. With that said, 405,261 to 55 is misleading, at best. The functional point of vaccines in general is to greatly reduce the total damage done in larger populations, which should ever be recognized as taking into account that vaccines do cause problems up to and including death. A heck of a lot less people have been vaccinated than have had COVID, though, and the vaccines have only just begun to have a chance to show their effects in general practice, so it's misleading on a couple fronts. Even so, we can fairly safely say that the current evidence is still pointing towards very significant net benefit as a result of getting vaccinated.
It was hyperbole. I didn't even look at the claim in the rag cited because it's way too early in the vaccination process and the sample size is way too small to be of any benefit save some sort of calamity.
Old 17th January 2021, 12:29 AM   #974
Matthew Best
Philosopher

They died with vaccine, not of vaccine.
Matthew Best is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd January 2021, 01:54 AM   #975
Bubba
Philosopher

So far, that we know of, two women are suffering uncontrollable convulsion like symptoms after vaccine injection.

One after Pfizer, in Louisiana.

The other after Moderna, I think in Kentucky..her name is Shaun.

Non-stop uncontrollable exhausting convulsions.

Both of them put graphic videos on FB

You know how to search for them, (if still there) but you probly won't.

Last edited by Bubba; 23rd January 2021 at 01:56 AM.
Old 23rd January 2021, 02:15 AM   #976
Aridas
Crazy Little Green Dragon

So far, that we know of, two women are suffering uncontrollable convulsion like symptoms after vaccine injection.

Also with a quick search, it's easily found that seizures are a rare, but fairly well documented potential issue related to some vaccines. Rare, as in something like 30/100,000 for one of the more problematic vaccines on that front.

It's certainly quite plausible that the Moderna and Pfizer vaccines can cause seizures (at what's fairly certain to be a very low rate). And?
Old 23rd January 2021, 04:09 AM   #977
Craig4
Penultimate Amazing

With your recent track record, it doesn't seem like searching your videos is worth the effort. Let's face it, you've kind of had a recent big miss.
Craig4 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd January 2021, 09:13 AM   #978
Resume
Troublesome Passenger

Also, get ready for this.

Quote:
Get Ready for False Side Effects.

Bob Wachter of UCSF had a very good thread on Twitter about vaccine rollouts the other day, and one of the good points he made was this one. We’re talking about treating very, very large populations, which means that you’re going to see the usual run of mortality and morbidity that you see across large samples. Specifically, if you take 10 million people and just wave your hand back and forth over their upper arms, in the next two months you would expect to see about 4,000 heart attacks. About 4,000 strokes. Over 9,000 new diagnoses of cancer. And about 14,000 of that ten million will die, out of usual all-causes mortality. No one would notice. That’s how many people die and get sick anyway.

But if you took those ten million people and gave them a new vaccine instead, there’s a real danger that those heart attacks, cancer diagnoses, and deaths will be attributed to the vaccine. I mean, if you reach a large enough population, you are literally going to have cases where someone gets the vaccine and drops dead the next day (just as they would have if they *didn’t* get the vaccine)
Because there is nothing more cement-headed than a credulous CTer; as we have seen with Q-nuts, birthers, and no-planers, they will believe almost anything presented to them, save the truth
Old 23rd January 2021, 09:26 AM   #979
Pixel42
Schrödinger's cat

That, of course, is how the myth of a link between the MMR vaccine and autism got started. It's given at about the same age that the symptoms of autism begin to manifest, so naturally some autistic children started to show those symptoms soon after they were vaccinated . Post hoc ergo proper hoc did the rest.
Old 23rd January 2021, 12:21 PM   #980
Axxman300
Illuminator

Wow, 2 out of 12 million?

Any data on how many of the people who've received the vaccine have been killed in automobile accidents?

I mean this is a country where half the citizens are happy to let 400,000 of their neighbors die so that they can eat at Olive Garden.
Old 23rd January 2021, 01:13 PM   #981
Trebuchet
Penultimate Amazing

Everyone who gets vaccinated is gonna DIE!

Eventually.
Old 23rd January 2021, 01:52 PM   #982
zorro99
Muse

Some people are saying Henry Aaron died from the vaccine.
Old 23rd January 2021, 02:13 PM   #983
dudalb
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by zorro99 View Post
Minute I heard of Hammering Hank's death, that is what I thought.

Robert Heinlein.
dudalb is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd January 2021, 03:49 PM   #984
Hans
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Trebuchet View Post
Everyone who gets vaccinated is gonna DIE!

Eventually.
More insidiously everyone who doesn't will too but just a little sooner. The death rate for 100,000 people in the USA 1n 2018 is 732.6, a bit over 0.007 % so 233 people a day should be dying from a random sample of 12,000,000 people. Before Coronavirus the death rate per year was 2,839,205.

I did that fast so if someone wants to check please do.

Last edited by Hans; 23rd January 2021 at 03:57 PM.
Hans is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd January 2021, 03:54 PM   #985
Leftus
Master Poster

The Governor of Texas was unable to walk after receiving his dose. In fact, he had to be wheelchaired out of the clinic.

For the home gamers, he was unable to walk before receiving the dose, and has been confined to his wheelchair since 1984, but nothing above is strictly false.
Leftus is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd January 2021, 04:50 PM   #986
Trebuchet
Penultimate Amazing

And Larry King. Who probably died of the disease.
Old 23rd January 2021, 05:47 PM   #987
Axxman300
Illuminator

Not just some people, RFK Jr.:

https://www.thedailybeast.com/robert...ath-to-vaccine

Sad.
Old 23rd January 2021, 05:50 PM   #988
Trebuchet
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Axxman300 View Post
Not just some people, RFK Jr.:

https://www.thedailybeast.com/robert...ath-to-vaccine

Sad.

Not all idiots are right-wingers. Some are just idiots.
Old 23rd January 2021, 08:57 PM   #989
Dude111
Critical Thinker

Quote:

Yes .. Very scary what is going on!!

Last edited by Dude111; 23rd January 2021 at 08:59 PM.
Dude111 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd January 2021, 09:14 PM   #990
Resume
Troublesome Passenger

Originally Posted by Dude111 View Post
Yep, 427,000 dead is very scary!
Old 24th January 2021, 04:22 AM   #991
Cosmic Yak
Illuminator

Location: Where there's never a road broader than the back of your hand.
Originally Posted by Dude111 View Post
You're right- it is.
It is scary that people like Bubba are spreading misleading information about a medicine that we desperately need, and that we need to encourage people to take. If the Bubbas of the world have their way, the death toll will be much, much higher.
That is indeed a scary prospect.
Old 24th January 2021, 08:24 AM   #992
Gord_in_Toronto
Penultimate Amazing

I know someone who, just the other day, fell over dead. No Covid. No vaccination. But he was a 101.
Old 24th January 2021, 10:16 AM   #993
Bubba
Philosopher

The death toll is already unnecessarily high.

As you know, although some people dont wear masks and live in unsanitary impoverished conditions, their covid death rates per million are 93% better than America's.

As you know, those people take the safe inexpensive medicine HCQ to prevent tropical disease.

As you know, some of them call it a Sunday-Sunday medicine because they take it weekly.

Last edited by Bubba; 24th January 2021 at 10:26 AM.
Old 24th January 2021, 10:43 AM   #994
Mojo
Mostly harmless

Originally Posted by Leftus View Post
The Governor of Texas was unable to walk after receiving his dose. In fact, he had to be wheelchaired out of the clinic.

For the home gamers, he was unable to walk before receiving the dose, and has been confined to his wheelchair since 1984, but nothing above is strictly false.

Will I be able to play the piano after I get the vaccine?

"The poor mystic homeopaths feel like petted house-cats thrown at high flood on the breaking ice." - Leon Trotsky
Mojo is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 24th January 2021, 11:10 AM   #995
Delphic Oracle
Philosopher

As you know, although some people dont wear masks and live in unsanitary impoverished conditions, their covid death rates per million are 93% better than America's.

As you know, those people take the safe inexpensive medicine HCQ to prevent tropical disease.

As you know, some of them call it a Sunday-Sunday medicine because they take it weekly.
"Citation needed"

Sliding "as you know" onto the beginning of a false statement doesn't make the statement true and you just come across as gratingly pretentious.

Last edited by Delphic Oracle; 24th January 2021 at 11:13 AM.
Delphic Oracle is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 24th January 2021, 11:24 AM   #996
Bubba
Philosopher

Is hydroxychloroquine effective for COVID-19? A video history of the 152 HCQ studies to date

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sVF2...ature=emb_logo
Old 24th January 2021, 12:07 PM   #997
Delphic Oracle
Philosopher

Is hydroxychloroquine effective for COVID-19? A video history of the 152 HCQ studies to date

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sVF2...ature=emb_logo
As you know, that didn't address any of the assertions you made.
Delphic Oracle is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 24th January 2021, 12:13 PM   #998
Resume
Troublesome Passenger

Dead-ender resets debunked claims, again.
Quote:
FACT: Studies show hydroxychloroquine does not have clinical benefits in treating COVID-19
Hydroxychloroquine or chloroquine, a treatment for malaria, lupus erythematosus, and rheumatoid arthritis, has been under study as a possible treatment for COVID-19. Current data shows that this drug does not reduce deaths among hospitalised COVID-19 patients, nor help people with moderate disease.* The use of hydoxychloroquine and chloroquine is accepted as generally safe for patients with malaria and autoimmune diseases, but its use where not indicated and without medical supervision can cause serious side effects and should be avoided.
Old 24th January 2021, 12:25 PM   #999
abaddon
Penultimate Amazing

And who exactly ensured that would happen? Your hero.

And who exactly ensured that would happen? Your hero.

That is not how it works. That is not how anything works.

No, I don't know that anything of that nature exists or even works. Present evidence. Because at this point, your posts have lost all credibility. I only keep reading them because they present a credulous set of bovine notions and are so hilariously misinformed.

It is amusing to an extent, but on a more serious note, I take no pleasure in watching a nation commit hari kiri.

The US was the leader of the free world, no doubt. Thanks to Trump and his minions/supporters, not any more.

...love and buttercakes...
abaddon is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 24th January 2021, 01:00 PM   #1000
Hans
Philosopher

So the best he can come up with a boring fringe reset... (yawn)
Hans is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories