IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags Coronavirus

Closed Thread
Old 7th November 2020, 12:15 PM   #2601
Trebuchet
Penultimate Amazing

Biden was running for President back in January, therefore the entire pandemic is his fault!
Old 7th November 2020, 01:34 PM   #2602
dirtywick
Illuminator

Originally Posted by Meadmaker View Post
Sigh.

The election is all over but the whining. A new president is on the way.

And the Covid problem didn't magically disappear. Those recent numbers are scary.

At least we will have a new chief executive that will treat it as a public health problem instead of a public relations problem.

ETA: My original post said "wining", which was a typo, but could also have been accurate.
Yeah, I may have been exposed by two different people last week. Waiting on results from them if I'm supposed to get a test. I still have no idea what to do and nobody else does either.
dirtywick is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 7th November 2020, 01:54 PM   #2603
Delphic Oracle
Philosopher

Originally Posted by dirtywick View Post
Yeah, I may have been exposed by two different people last week. Waiting on results from them if I'm supposed to get a test. I still have no idea what to do and nobody else does either.
America has a simple flowchart for Healthcare.

Are you sick?

No: don't get sick.

Yes: die quickly before you bankrupt your entire family. I mean really, how could you be so selfish?

Dark humor aside, I hope you stay well (and the folks you were in contact with).
Delphic Oracle is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 7th November 2020, 02:10 PM   #2604
dirtywick
Illuminator

Originally Posted by Delphic Oracle View Post
America has a simple flowchart for Healthcare.

Are you sick?

No: don't get sick.

Yes: die quickly before you bankrupt your entire family. I mean really, how could you be so selfish?

Dark humor aside, I hope you stay well (and the folks you were in contact with).
Weird thing is I'm basically waiting for my employer to make medical decisions for me because I don't know who else is supposed to tell me what's been going on. I'm the only guy left in the maintenance department for my shift so I have feeling they'll tell me to go to work.
dirtywick is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 7th November 2020, 02:54 PM   #2605
Aridas
Crazy Little Green Dragon

Originally Posted by Stacyhs View Post
I bet Drs Fauci and Birx and the CDC are all doing the Happy Dance while Dr. Atlas is packing his bags.

Jake Tapper et al. on CNN are talking about Covid right now concerning the celebratory crowds.
Mmm. To project my feelings on them - rather than a happy dance, relief tainted with the recognition that so much damage needs fixed.
Old 7th November 2020, 03:30 PM   #2606
newyorkguy
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by dirtywick View Post
...I still have no idea what to do and nobody else does either.
You don't say where you're located but here in New York I think the advice is to quarantine if you have been in close contact with someone who may be positive. The New York State Health Department operates a hot line people can call if they want to arrange a free test.

On my job, every single morning we have to answer the "Covid questions." Somebody from HR comes around and asks: 1) any of the following symptoms in the past twenty-four hours?; 2) have you been in close contact with anyone who is positive in the past twenty-four hours? We were told months ago if you answer yes to either question you are going to be sent home but you'll get paid for the day. It won't count as a sick day, either. I have seen people on the daily work report listed as "In - 800am. Out - 815am," and I presume they were people who said they didn't feel too good that day and got sent home.

One guy I know his situation. He came in one morning and when HR came around with the 'question clipboard' he answered yes to question no. 1. He had some of the symptoms listed but he was sure it wasn't coronavirus. It was a cold. They told him to go home. He stayed out two days and got a free test. On the second day he was called and told his test was negative. And by then he was feeling okay. The third day he came back to work.

Below is a link to a CDC page with advice on what to do in various scenarios. CDC link
newyorkguy is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 7th November 2020, 05:31 PM   #2607
alfaniner
Penultimate Amazing

Now at the VA entrance instead of asking the questions or taking a temp they just point to a display board and say "Do you have any of these? No? OK, go ahead."
Old 7th November 2020, 06:14 PM   #2608
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

My husband was in the ICU for four days this week. Before I was allowed to enter the hospital, my temp was taken, a mask was required and had to answer the usual health questions. He was given a Covid test his first day there (negative). His room was right next to the Covid area which was roped off. I could see the medical and cleaning staff dressed in their "astronaut" style self-contained gear. I could see the cleaning staff cleaning everything almost continually.
Stacyhs is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 7th November 2020, 06:39 PM   #2609
Resume
Troublesome Passenger

Pretty dismal for a Saturday.
Quote:
United States
Coronavirus Cases:
Deaths:
New Cases: 124,232
New Deaths: 1,031
Resume is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 7th November 2020, 07:39 PM   #2610
Skeptic Ginger
Nasty Woman

Originally Posted by rdwight View Post
True, but he does have a point. I am getting some shopping done today while the news cycle stays focused on the election. When they switch back to covid there are going to be runs on stores again.
So they forgot to stock-up last Monday?

You don't think changing US Presidents wasn't the most critical thing right now to get the pandemic under control?

We are waaay behind and it's going to get worse before it gets better. I can guarantee you the news media will take right back up with the sky-rocketing numbers on Monday, maybe even Sunday.

Quote:
Like others have said, the panic starts when the hospital numbers start rising wildly and people start realizing that those awesome drugs are quite limited in their volume.

As for Biden's plan, I don't think "being a good example" is some kind of magic pill that is going to change the trajectory. NJ pretty much has every portion of his suggestions and our cases are rising as is the country at large. Seems to also be the case across Europe. And we were one of the hardest hit states in the initial wave, so there is less pushback than the average population in the US. And still, the governor is very careful not to suggest another lockdown. I don't think there will be another here, as there is just no appetite for it. People's behaviors will change, depending on the risk.
That's a pretty anemic POV of what can be done.

We just went through a thread of naysayers that Biden could not win. I'm tempted to quote a few of those but Biden has asked the country to play nice.

So now are we going to get multiple posts of naysayers agreeing with Trump and Mark Meadows that nothing can be done, it's a contagious virus?
Skeptic Ginger is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 7th November 2020, 07:44 PM   #2611
Skeptic Ginger
Nasty Woman

I bet Drs Fauci and Birx and the CDC are all doing the Happy Dance while Dr. Atlas is packing his bags.

Jake Tapper et al. on CNN are talking about Covid right now concerning the celebratory crowds.
McEnany was just whining about that claiming no one complains about superspreader events when the Biden crowds gather close together. I looked at a half dozen crowds the news media had video of today and I'd say 90+% had on masks. And at Biden's acceptance speech just now, same thing, most people had masks on.
Skeptic Ginger is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 7th November 2020, 07:46 PM   #2612
Skeptic Ginger
Nasty Woman

It's not like it's a conspiracy, there is still reporting, just limited in scope comparatively. And that is just because election related content has better ratings right now. Once that lacks content and less views come from it, covid reporting will increase again. It's the nature of the beast.
Yeah that election coverage, so not important unless you are looking for media ratings. Why they spent almost the whole day on that stuff.

Old 7th November 2020, 07:49 PM   #2613
Skeptic Ginger
Nasty Woman

My husband was in the ICU for four days this week. Before I was allowed to enter the hospital, my temp was taken, a mask was required and had to answer the usual health questions. He was given a Covid test his first day there (negative). His room was right next to the Covid area which was roped off. I could see the medical and cleaning staff dressed in their "astronaut" style self-contained gear. I could see the cleaning staff cleaning everything almost continually.
How scary.
Old 7th November 2020, 09:19 PM   #2614
Skeptic Ginger
Nasty Woman

Following up on "what could Trump have done" about the COVID 19 pandemic, John Oliver covered this on his weekly show, Last Week Tonight:

NSFW - language
YouTube Video This video is not hosted by the ISF. The ISF can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website.
I AGREE

It is 20 minutes long but the humor moves this tragic story quickly forward.

Last edited by Skeptic Ginger; 7th November 2020 at 09:26 PM.
Old 7th November 2020, 09:20 PM   #2615
rdwight
Muse

Originally Posted by Skeptic Ginger View Post
So they forgot to stock-up last Monday?

You don't think changing US Presidents wasn't the most critical thing right now to get the pandemic under control?

We are waaay behind and it's going to get worse before it gets better. I can guarantee you the news media will take right back up with the sky-rocketing numbers on Monday, maybe even Sunday.
So we are in agreement. Get your shopping done now before the weight of the current numbers start to hit people. Maybe in Washington you didn't experience shortage but here in NJ, we had runs on a lot of staples. Which was a laughable idea before it happened. Those shortages haven't happened again mainly because there hasn't been any level of fear approaching the heights of the early outbreak. While the overall fear won't get there again, the anticipation of shortages will again.

That's a pretty anemic POV of what can be done.

We just went through a thread of naysayers that Biden could not win. I'm tempted to quote a few of those but Biden has asked the country to play nice.

So now are we going to get multiple posts of naysayers agreeing with Trump and Mark Meadows that nothing can be done, it's a contagious virus?
Go through Biden's plan. Point out to me where exactly his positions to stop/slow the spread aren't already implemented in NJ. I am not the only NJ poster here but I can tell you there is nothing there that isn't already being done here, and our numbers continue to rise. If you think his presidency is going to magically cure or deter this upward trajectory, I don't know what to tell you. You can believe it will be better than it otherwise would be under Trump, but it would have to come from something other than what is laid out in his plan to be the reason for it in NJ.

Yeah that election coverage, so not important unless you are looking for media ratings. Why they spent almost the whole day on that stuff.

Please grow up. Hours don't have to be spent on what the mayor of Philly said. You could cover the entire election update with a quick 15 minute update every 8 hours. Commentary beyond that is just that, a media ratings grab for what people want to see. I literally followed an election thread on a forum for a game that gave more information than any thread here, and miles beyond anything I could know by watching a single channel 24 hours a day since voting started. And it would take me maybe a few hours to read through the whole thing. News is based on ratings, and the news will change when the ratings drop.
rdwight is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 7th November 2020, 10:28 PM   #2616
Skeptic Ginger
Nasty Woman

So we are in agreement. Get your shopping done now before the weight of the current numbers start to hit people. Maybe in Washington you didn't experience shortage but here in NJ, we had runs on a lot of staples. Which was a laughable idea before it happened. Those shortages haven't happened again mainly because there hasn't been any level of fear approaching the heights of the early outbreak. While the overall fear won't get there again, the anticipation of shortages will again.
My my, I seem to have hit a nerve.

I stocked up on TP back in Feb. I still have some left. My cupboards are full, some of it will be going to the food bank before it expires. I saw this coming on my PROMED news feed. I'm not clear why you needed a news report to tell you when to stock up.

Quote:
Go through Biden's plan. Point out to me where exactly his positions to stop/slow the spread aren't already implemented in NJ. I am not the only NJ poster here but I can tell you there is nothing there that isn't already being done here, and our numbers continue to rise. If you think his presidency is going to magically cure or deter this upward trajectory, I don't know what to tell you. You can believe it will be better than it otherwise would be under Trump, but it would have to come from something other than what is laid out in his plan to be the reason for it in NJ.
Step one, get a real team of experts together. He's doing that Monday.

Watch the John Oliver piece I linked to above for a good discussion of what Trump failed to do. Those are some ideas about what can be done when Trump leaves in Jan.

I posted a list of actions I expect to see from the team that could mitigate the damage. I'll go find it and copy/paste it here.

As for New Jersey, is your governor doing a good job? Jay Inslee here in WA is. But those actions can't do enough without a national action plan and federal assistance.

Quote:
Please grow up. Hours don't have to be spent on what the mayor of Philly said. You could cover the entire election update with a quick 15 minute update every 8 hours. Commentary beyond that is just that, a media ratings grab for what people want to see. I literally followed an election thread on a forum for a game that gave more information than any thread here, and miles beyond anything I could know by watching a single channel 24 hours a day since voting started. And it would take me maybe a few hours to read through the whole thing. News is based on ratings, and the news will change when the ratings drop.
I'm not sure why you think I'm not grown up. And I'm not sure why you are bitching to me about this.

Your gripe here is a separate one. The 24 hour news filled with repeating stories is absurd. I stopped watching CNN and MSNBC a long time ago. DW (German news), NHK (SE Asian news) and the BBC are better sources. Canadian news is better than the MSN in the US.
Old 8th November 2020, 08:05 AM   #2617
thaiboxerken
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Captain_Swoop View Post
He can't start to do anything till January anyway.

What do you think the situation will be like by then?
I think it will be like taking over a house who's tenants are being forcefully evicted so they're burning it all down.
1. He'd never do that. 2. Okay but he's not currently doing it. 3. Okay but he's not currently technically doing it. 4. Okay but everyone does it. 5. He's doing it, we can't stop him, no point in complaining about it. 6. We all knew he was going to do it which... makes it okay somehow. 7. It's perfectly fine that's he's doing it.
thaiboxerken is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 8th November 2020, 08:34 AM   #2618
newyorkguy
Penultimate Amazing

The new cases graph really looks terrible. New cases have almost doubled from the previous peak last summer. Almost hard to believe. The virus seems to be hitting especially hard in the Midwest.

According to Fauci and others, this is probably going to continue to get worse over the next couple of months. We're into conventional flu season and the combination of seasonal flu and surging Covid-19 cases is going to put an incredible strain on our healthcare systems.
Quote:
"You have to be really worried what January is going to look like, what December is going to look like right now given the way this is rising," former Food and Drug Administration Commissioner Scott Gottlieb told CNBC on Friday. from NPR
I don't envy Joe Biden.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg US New cases 11072020b.jpg (44.4 KB, 10 views)
newyorkguy is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 8th November 2020, 08:52 AM   #2619
Mader Levap
Graduate Poster

No worries, it all is Biden's fault.
Old 8th November 2020, 09:42 AM   #2620
Trebuchet
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Mader Levap View Post
No worries, it all is Biden's fault.
Beat me to it!
Old 8th November 2020, 10:42 AM   #2621
Resume
Troublesome Passenger

Hey, where's that COVID vaccine Trump promised by election day? I'm beginning to think he's a great big liar.
Resume is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 8th November 2020, 10:51 AM   #2622
Safe-Keeper
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Resume View Post
Hey, where's that COVID vaccine Trump promised by election day? I'm beginning to think he's a great big liar.
The worst part is, he shouldn't even have needed to announce a vaccine. He could've listened to the experts and taken covid seriously, and he would've saved countless lives and won the election by a landslide.
"He's like a drunk being given a sobriety test by the police after being pulled over. Just as a drunk can't walk a straight line, Trump can't think in a straight line. He's all over the place."--Stacyhs
"If you are still hung up on that whole words-have-meaning thing, then 2020 is going to be a long year for you." --Ladewig
Safe-Keeper is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 8th November 2020, 11:19 AM   #2623
alfaniner
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Resume View Post
It's being looked at very strongly.
Old 8th November 2020, 12:09 PM   #2624
Trebuchet
Penultimate Amazing

People are saying it'll be ready in two weeks. A lot of people don't know that.
Old 8th November 2020, 12:13 PM   #2625
Meadmaker
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Safe-Keeper View Post
The worst part is, he shouldn't even have needed to announce a vaccine. He could've listened to the experts and taken covid seriously, and he would've saved countless lives and won the election by a landslide.
I've seen people say this over the last few days here, and the more I thought about it, the more I agreed with it. This election could have been handed to him on a silver platter, if only he could have stopped being Trump just for a little bit.

His whole personality is centered on self-aggrandizement. Doing the right thing would have required him to take a step back, admit that he doesn't know as much as the scientists, and listen to other people. That's not his style, though,
Old 8th November 2020, 12:26 PM   #2626
No Other
Muse

Originally Posted by newyorkguy View Post
The new cases graph really looks terrible. New cases have almost doubled from the previous peak last summer. Almost hard to believe. The virus seems to be hitting especially hard in the Midwest.

According to Fauci and others, this is probably going to continue to get worse over the next couple of months. We're into conventional flu season and the combination of seasonal flu and surging Covid-19 cases is going to put an incredible strain on our healthcare systems.
Not one model has worked; not one Expert's diagnosis was correct or even close, a virus historically mutates downward but not this virus. We are approaching the one year anniversary and the World is still flush with a corona virus. We have had the gnome since, at least, February (3/4 of year ago) and we are no closer to containing it. Worldwide it is still active and in the USA it is rising. The World incorporated mitigating measures virtually unheard of (isolating healthy people, worldwide face masks, social distancing, closing of public forums (restaurants, sporting events, elective operations, schools, etc).

Countries that we not heavily affected are still not heavily affected and those that were affected are still experiencing the virus (Australia, New Zealand, and Singapore are the exceptions outside of 3rd world countries).

Why is this virus NOT contained on a Worldwide basis?
No Other is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 8th November 2020, 08:11 PM   #2627
rdwight
Muse

Step one, get a real team of experts together. He's doing that Monday.

Watch the John Oliver piece I linked to above for a good discussion of what Trump failed to do. Those are some ideas about what can be done when Trump leaves in Jan.

I posted a list of actions I expect to see from the team that could mitigate the damage. I'll go find it and copy/paste it here.

As for New Jersey, is your governor doing a good job? Jay Inslee here in WA is. But those actions can't do enough without a national action plan and federal assistance.

I feel like we end up jabbing at each other vs discussing. Again, what specific portion of his plan do you believe is not being implemented in NJ? Or since you aren't from here, in your state? I looked through and I am not seeing it. If you are going to release a meaningful action plan, and all the bullet points are already implemented, exactly what change is being offered?

Your gripe here is a separate one. The 24 hour news filled with repeating stories is absurd. I stopped watching CNN and MSNBC a long time ago. DW (German news), NHK (SE Asian news) and the BBC are better sources. Canadian news is better than the MSN in the US.

That is literally the purpose of my comment, in response to a discussion about that very thing. To say my gripe is separate is just changing the conversation. You agree with their absurdity but feel some need to disagree with what I said on what basis?
rdwight is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 8th November 2020, 08:17 PM   #2628
Resume
Troublesome Passenger

From Worldometer.
United States
Coronavirus Cases
Deaths:

New Cases:
New Deaths:
Old 8th November 2020, 10:22 PM   #2629
Roger Ramjets
Philosopher

Originally Posted by No Other View Post
Not one model has worked; not one Expert's diagnosis was correct or even close, a virus historically mutates downward but not this virus.
Evidence?
Old 9th November 2020, 05:10 AM   #2630
newyorkguy
Penultimate Amazing

You can see the difference leadership makes in the new cases graph comparing New Jersey with Pennsylvania. New Jersey succeeded in 'flattening the curve' by early May. The numbers stayed down until early October when the Fall surge began. Pennsylvania flattened the curve by early May but new cases began rising in mid-June. That continued into August when the numbers again began to trend downward. By September they'd begun rising again. Those aren't just numbers, they represent people, some of whom got very sick, some of whom died.

What's the difference? In Pennsylvania by late May you had a sizable GOP contingent that were pushing people to 'get back to normal.' In New Jersey you didn't have that. New Jersey's leaders -- mostly Democratic -- were urging caution. Leadership may involve a lot of intangibles but it's real and it can make a big difference.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg NJ New cases 11072020.jpg (46.5 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg PA New cases 11072020.jpg (46.3 KB, 6 views)
Old 9th November 2020, 05:27 AM   #2631
newyorkguy
Penultimate Amazing

The opposite of leadership.
Quote:
Sources tell CNN that Trump campaign aides are considering their own aggressive strategy -- not to finally tackle the virus that has killed more than 237,000 Americans -- but for the President to possibly hold rallies to bolster his false claims that his second term has been stolen. Trump shows no sign of responding to the worsening Covid-19 situation...Instead, the President remains locked in his manufactured reality in which he won the election. CNN this morning
Sad!
Old 9th November 2020, 05:29 AM   #2632
alfaniner
Penultimate Amazing

Pfizer announces 90% effective vaccine.

Good news! During a very bad week for Covid-19 cases.

Of course, the Election may have turned out very differently if this had been announced a week ago. I suspect some very loud complaining by The PDJT about how unfair it is that the announcement was held off until this week.
Old 9th November 2020, 06:06 AM   #2633
BobTheCoward
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by alfaniner View Post
Pfizer announces 90% effective vaccine.

Good news! During a very bad week for Covid-19 cases.

Of course, the Election may have turned out very differently if this had been announced a week ago. I suspect some very loud complaining by The PDJT about how unfair it is that the announcement was held off until this week.
And it certainly is possible they held back out of disgust.

Which is why leaders of big organizations are so measured and milquetoast. You shouldn't go around pissing people off because you might be dependent on them.
BobTheCoward is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 9th November 2020, 06:52 AM   #2634
Captain_Swoop
Penultimate Amazing

Trump Retweeted

Reuters
@Reuters
Pfizer and BioNTech say their COVID-19 vaccine is more than 90% effective https://reut.rs/3eDWrvv
Captain_Swoop is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 9th November 2020, 06:58 AM   #2635
kookbreaker
Evil Fokker

Originally Posted by BobTheCoward View Post
And it certainly is possible they held back out of disgust.

Which is why leaders of big organizations are so measured and milquetoast. You shouldn't go around pissing people off because you might be dependent on them.
Trump was pushing hard to get vaccines in play well before they were tested or even in Stage 3 trials. Iíd understand why Pfizer execs may have held off here as there is still a lot of tests and trials to be done and they didnít need the President issuing Exuctive Orders to produce and release it already.

Thanks for helping me win Best Toys in Philly Voter in 2011,2012, and 2014! We won' be discussing the disappointment that was 2013.
kookbreaker is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 9th November 2020, 07:57 AM   #2636
thaiboxerken
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Captain_Swoop View Post
Trump Retweeted

Reuters
@Reuters
Pfizer and BioNTech say their COVID-19 vaccine is more than 90% effective https://reut.rs/3eDWrvv
He'll try to take credit for it. However, Pfizer has said that they did not get any funding from Operation Warpspeed
1. He'd never do that. 2. Okay but he's not currently doing it. 3. Okay but he's not currently technically doing it. 4. Okay but everyone does it. 5. He's doing it, we can't stop him, no point in complaining about it. 6. We all knew he was going to do it which... makes it okay somehow. 7. It's perfectly fine that's he's doing it.
thaiboxerken is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 9th November 2020, 08:13 AM   #2637
Meadmaker
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by thaiboxerken View Post
He'll try to take credit for it. However, Pfizer has said that they did not get any funding from Operation Warpspeed
Trump was sure he was doing awesome things and the media wasn't giving him any credit, but, really, he had pretty much nothing to do with it. The things he did do were things anyone would have done. The things he didn't do were the kinds of things that almost anyone else would have done.

Do people think that Joe Biden is going to suddenly cut money for vaccine research? I suppose some people will believe anything.
Old 9th November 2020, 09:06 AM   #2638
No Other
Muse

Originally Posted by Roger Ramjets View Post
Evidence?
How do you prove a negative? Better yet, show me a model that was spot on.
No Other is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 9th November 2020, 09:09 AM   #2639
thaiboxerken
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Meadmaker View Post
Trump was sure he was doing awesome things and the media wasn't giving him any credit, but, really, he had pretty much nothing to do with it. The things he did do were things anyone would have done. The things he didn't do were the kinds of things that almost anyone else would have done.

Do people think that Joe Biden is going to suddenly cut money for vaccine research? I suppose some people will believe anything.
I think it's worse than that. There is a segment of Trumpanzee that believes the Democrats want to control our lives so much that we want there not to be a vaccine and to use Covid as an excuse to rule over people. It makes no sense, but they believe it.
Old 9th November 2020, 09:12 AM   #2640
No Other
Muse

That alone had to be extremely terrifying. The only thing separating your husband and Covid section was a rope? Your husband initially tested negative... did he catch the virus in the hospital?
Closed Thread

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics