IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags 2020 elections , donald trump , election conspiracies , joe biden , Trump conspiracies

Old 3rd December 2020, 06:55 PM   #201
rdaneel
Illuminator

Originally Posted by Captain_Swoop View Post
Trump Tweets

People in Georgia got caught cold bringing in massive numbers of ballots and putting them in “voting” machines. Great job @BrianKempGA!

Governor @dougducey of Arizona hired a lawyer today. Wouldn’t allowing a strong check of ballots, which would be easier and so much better for our Country, be easier on him and the great State of Arizona?
Um, yeah, about 5 million people brought in 5 million votes, that's kinda how it's supposed to work.
rdaneel is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd December 2020, 07:13 PM   #202
The Great Zaganza
Maledictorian

The Trump Campaign has strong evidence that 80 million Americans conspired to vote him out of Office.
The Great Zaganza is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd December 2020, 08:57 PM   #203
Meadmaker
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Paul2 View Post
the lawsuit that is still active is no doubt the one with ALL the evidence.
Undoubtedly. Real evidence, Real Soon Now.

But I think this was indeed the lawsuit that was said to have tons of evidence and proof, and they dropped it. I saw some young Trump lawyer talking about it Wednesday morning, and he said that on Thursday at a scheduled hearing, everyone would see the evidence. I think that's the one that was dropped yesterday.

Apparently, according to the article I linked the "evidence" consisted of proof that people who lived out of state voted in Nevada. It turns out that they were students, military personnel, and other people out of state temporarily who were eligible to vote in Nevada.

I don't know if there are actual lawsuits still pending in Nevada. I don't have my lawsuit scorecard handy to keep track of which ones are pending, and which ones have been dismissed or dropped.
Old 3rd December 2020, 10:06 PM   #204
TellyKNeasuss
Master Poster

Trump Retweeted

Team Trump
@TeamTrump
WATCH: Video footage from Georgia shows suitcases filled with ballots pulled from under a table AFTER supervisors told poll workers to leave room and 4 people stayed behind to keep counting votes

(video in link)

https://twitter.com/TeamTrump/status...69329334083586
It's pretty impressive that they were able to sneak those ballets in during the vote count, sneak them in again during the manual audit, and sneak them in a third time during the recount.

TellyKNeasuss is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd December 2020, 11:58 PM   #205
Meadmaker
Penultimate Amazing

Trump Retweeted

Team Trump
@TeamTrump
WATCH: Video footage from Georgia shows suitcases filled with ballots pulled from under a table AFTER supervisors told poll workers to leave room and 4 people stayed behind to keep counting votes

(video in link)

https://twitter.com/TeamTrump/status...69329334083586
The people like "the man in the red shirt" and the like, are very easily identified. We have time stamps. We can see who was there. It's quite clear who they are. I, of course, do not know their names, but it's quite easy to find them. That leaves me with two observations.

1) We could ask them about why they did what they did.
2) They are being libeled by Team Trump, and by Trump himself through his retweets.

Trump et. al. might be able to get around the libel accusation by saying they are JAQing instead of making accusations, but if the workers' identities end up getting revealed, and they are subject to threats or other sort of malicious actions, I think we could see them in court as plaintiffs.
Old 4th December 2020, 01:10 AM   #206
smartcooky
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by The Great Zaganza View Post
The Trump Campaign has strong evidence that 80 81.2 million Americans conspired to vote him out of Office.
FTFY
If you don't like my posts, my opinions, or my directness then put me on your ignore list. This will be of benefit to both of us; you won't have to take umbrage at my posts, and I won't have to waste my time talking to you... simples! !
smartcooky is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th December 2020, 02:00 AM   #207
Craig4
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by jimbob View Post
And this is what happens when you put a $20 bill on a fishing line and pull it through a trailer park.
Craig4 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th December 2020, 02:09 AM   #208
Dave Rogers
Bandaged ice that stampedes inexpensively through a scribbled morning waving necessary ankles

People in Georgia got caught cold bringing in massive numbers of ballots and putting them in “voting” machines.
Well, yes. The process is called "voting".

Dave

- President Joseph R. Biden, January 20th, 2021
Dave Rogers is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th December 2020, 02:27 AM   #209
DevilsAdvocate
Philosopher

Originally Posted by hurdygurdy View Post
Trump's team star witness is a drunk woman who achieves the impossible feat of making Giulaini look embarrassed.

https://twitter.com/i/web/status/1334315220815278080
I...I...I just can't even. I can't even.

If I were to write a fictional story about lawsuits that just utterly fail in impossibly terrible ways, I could not have even come up with this. This is just beyond imagination. Failures upon failures upon failures in bizarre ways nobody could ever imagine.
Old 4th December 2020, 02:33 AM   #210
DevilsAdvocate
Philosopher

Oh...HELL NO. Seriously? Seriously?

I mean...Seriously?

Is this actually happening?
Old 4th December 2020, 03:58 AM   #211
jimbob
Uncritical "thinker"

Originally Posted by DevilsAdvocate View Post
Oh...HELL NO. Seriously? Seriously?

I mean...Seriously?

Is this actually happening?
Sidney Powell is going to have to work hard to keep her coveted spot as most deranged Trump supporter involved in these lolsuits
link is 2015 data (2013 Data below):
UK 8.5% of GDP of which 83.3% is public expenditure - 7.1% of GDP is public spending
US 16.4% of GDP of which 48.2% is public expenditure - 7.9% of GDP is public spending
jimbob is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th December 2020, 04:11 AM   #212
smartcooky
Penultimate Amazing

If I were to write a fictional story about lawsuits that just utterly fail in impossibly terrible ways, I could not have even come up with this. This is just beyond imagination. Failures upon failures upon failures in bizarre ways nobody could ever imagine.
No publisher's editor would take it. They would tell you its too far-fetched; that you need to try submitting it as Fantasy Fiction.
If you don't like my posts, my opinions, or my directness then put me on your ignore list. This will be of benefit to both of us; you won't have to take umbrage at my posts, and I won't have to waste my time talking to you... simples! !
smartcooky is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th December 2020, 04:22 AM   #213
Darat
Lackey
Administrator

When you read the transcripts and then the judgements it is so obvious that the judges can't believe what the plaintiffs are putting forward, the arguments they make and the quality of the so-called "evidence".

I've never read as concentrated "passive-aggressive" (in a good way) comments and judgements as we get in these legal dealings.
Old 4th December 2020, 04:23 AM   #214
Darat
Lackey
Administrator

Sidney Powell is going to have to work hard to keep her coveted spot as most deranged Trump supporter involved in these lolsuits
Sorry but she doesn't have the hair necessary to win!
Old 4th December 2020, 04:46 AM   #215
Aridas
Crazy Little Green Dragon

Originally Posted by smartcooky View Post
No publisher's editor would take it. They would tell you its too far-fetched; that you need to try submitting it as Fantasy Fiction.
...Pretty much the story of the Trump Presidency, eh?
Old 4th December 2020, 04:49 AM   #216
Darat
Lackey
Administrator

Originally Posted by Aridas View Post
...Pretty much the story of the Trump Presidency, eh?
Yes.

Even if you only consider his tweets - 4 years ago no one would have believed that a USA president would tweet as he has done.

Let's recall that even his supporters wouldn't have believed he would tweet as he has done, they were saying he would stop being a dick and become "presidential" once he entered office.

The only honesty about Trump is that he is entirely what you see is what you get.
Old 4th December 2020, 05:01 AM   #217
smartcooky
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Darat View Post
Yes.

Even if you only consider his tweets - 4 years ago no one would have believed that a USA president would tweet as he has done.

Let's recall that even his supporters wouldn't have believed he would tweet as he has done, they were saying he would stop being a dick and become "presidential" once he entered office.

The only honesty about Trump is that he is entirely what you see is what you get.
There a video on youtube called "17 Minutes of Barack Obama Not Being Donald Trump". The contrast between the intelligent, thoughtful, well-educated and well spoken former president, and the crass, insulting pile of orange dog-turd currently squatting in the White House is staggering.
Old 4th December 2020, 05:36 AM   #218
Captain_Swoop
Penultimate Amazing

Trump Tweets

The best way to insure a @KLoeffler and @sendavidperdue VICTORY is to allow signature checks in the Presidential race, which will insure a Georgia Presidential win (very few votes are needed, many will be found). Spirits will soar and everyone will rush out and VOTE!
@BrianKempGA
Captain_Swoop is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th December 2020, 05:38 AM   #219
Fast Eddie B
Philosopher

Originally Posted by phiwum View Post
(Off-topic)

Probably not from Sagan.
Sorry, your quotation just made me curious so I very briefly looked into it. I could sure be wrong and Sagan maybe did say it somewhere, but he's also the kind of author that quotes get attached to. Anyway, thought I'd mention it.
Thanks for the correction and pointing out the fallibility of human memory.

I recalled it as Ann Druyan, his wife, relating what he said on his deathbed. I was clearly conflating a couple of disparate memories.

But I don’t think that completely negates my point about differing world views.
Fast Eddie B is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th December 2020, 06:01 AM   #220
SuburbanTurkey
Philosopher

Trump Tweets

The best way to insure a @KLoeffler and @sendavidperdue VICTORY is to allow signature checks in the Presidential race, which will insure a Georgia Presidential win (very few votes are needed, many will be found). Spirits will soar and everyone will rush out and VOTE!
@BrianKempGA
A nod towards the more rabid parts of the CT that seem to want to threaten to withhold votes in the GA senate race unless their demands are met.

Really starting to see some nasty infighting between the Trump loyalists and the Republicans that aren't willing to commit to the coup.
Old 4th December 2020, 06:14 AM   #221
Captain_Swoop
Penultimate Amazing

Trump Tweets
Whistleblowers reveal that the USPS is responsible for tampering with hundreds of thousands of ballots. @OANN This long time Democrat stronghold got rid of massive numbers, especially in swing states, during and before delivery of the ballots. Well documented evidence!
Captain_Swoop is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th December 2020, 06:27 AM   #222
The Great Zaganza
Maledictorian

Trump Tweets
Whistleblowers reveal that the USPS is responsible for tampering with hundreds of thousands of ballots. @OANN This long time Democrat stronghold got rid of massive numbers, especially in swing states, during and before delivery of the ballots. Well documented evidence!
I would totally take this seriously if my president hadn't told me not to trust whistleblowers.
The Great Zaganza is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th December 2020, 07:56 AM   #223
Armitage72
Philosopher

Trump Tweets

When you join the postal service, they issue you x-ray goggles that let you read unopened mail. Or maybe they genetically modify you to give you natural x-ray vision. I don't remember.
Oh right. They used the MailopenatronTM to undetectably open all of the ballots, got rid of the Trump ones, and then undetectably resealed them.
Armitage72 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th December 2020, 08:01 AM   #224
Dave Rogers
Bandaged ice that stampedes inexpensively through a scribbled morning waving necessary ankles

Originally Posted by Armitage72 View Post
When you join the postal service, they issue you x-ray goggles that let you read unopened mail. Or maybe they genetically modify you to give you natural x-ray vision. I don't remember.
Oh right. They used the MailopenatronTM to undetectably open all of the ballots, got rid of the Trump ones, and then undetectably resealed them.
I'm guessing that the specific tampering Trump objects to is that they delivered a load of legitimate Biden votes. He doesn't approve of that sort of thing.

Dave

Dave Rogers is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th December 2020, 08:09 AM   #225
Captain_Swoop
Penultimate Amazing

Trump Tweets

RIGGED ELECTION!
Old 4th December 2020, 08:34 AM   #226
Cosmic Yak
Illuminator

Location: Where there's never a road broader than the back of your hand.
Why is there this assumption that Democrat voters would be happy with the results of a rigged election, even though it was rigged in favour of their side?
Old 4th December 2020, 08:40 AM   #227
The Great Zaganza
Maledictorian

Originally Posted by Cosmic Yak View Post
Why is there this assumption that Democrat voters would be happy with the results of a rigged election, even though it was rigged in favour of their side?
Because Republicans have always been happy about winning the elections they have rigged.
Projection explains pretty much everything when it comes to their argumentation and motivation.
Old 4th December 2020, 08:40 AM   #228
Dave Rogers

Is it perhaps relevant that it's Republicans making this assumption?

Dave

Old 4th December 2020, 08:40 AM   #229
eerok
Quixoticist

Projection, I suppose.
Old 4th December 2020, 08:41 AM   #230
Darat
Lackey
Administrator

Because many people really struggle to understand not everyone thinks or reacts the same way as they do. They know they'd be fine with a win if their side won with a rigged election so assume everyone else would be the same.
Old 4th December 2020, 09:21 AM   #231
Armitage72
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Darat View Post
Because many people really struggle to understand not everyone thinks or reacts the same way as they do. They know they'd be fine with a win if their side won with a rigged election so assume everyone else would be the same.

It's like the numerous times I've seen online articles about atheism and someone in the comments asked "If you don't believe in God, what keeps you from robbing, raping, and killing all the time?"

... Slowly stepping away from the potential serial killer who assumes that everyone has these urges and is kept from acting on them by the fear of divine punishment, like he is.
Armitage72 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th December 2020, 09:28 AM   #232
Craig4
Penultimate Amazing

Trump Tweets

RIGGED ELECTION!
And how does that make you feel?
Craig4 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th December 2020, 09:35 AM   #233
Olmstead
Critical Thinker

What are you talking about? The election was rigged, and Democrat voters are happy. What more proof do you want.
Olmstead is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th December 2020, 09:37 AM   #234
Dave Rogers

Trump Tweets

RIGGED ELECTION!
Of all the things Trump's tweeted lately, this one seems to me to be the most unhinged. Why would he need to tweet this? Does he think that there are people who don't quite understand that he thinks the election was rigged? Was there some significant ambiguity in all his previous tweets claiming that the election was rigged that he now feels this will clear up? Has there been a news report suggesting that he now thinks it was fair?

Presumably he just realised that it's a few minutes since he last tweeted anything, and though he hasn't actually got anything to say, he doesn't fell that he exists unless he's being actively obnoxious. But it feels like he's just knee-jerking now.

Dave

Old 4th December 2020, 10:07 AM   #235
TellyKNeasuss
Master Poster

Originally Posted by Meadmaker View Post
The people like "the man in the red shirt" and the like, are very easily identified. We have time stamps. We can see who was there. It's quite clear who they are. I, of course, do not know their names, but it's quite easy to find them. That leaves me with two observations.

1) We could ask them about why they did what they did.
2) They are being libeled by Team Trump, and by Trump himself through his retweets.
Not to mention that there almost certainly were VERY few people who had a key to get into that room, and those people were undoubtedly in the leadership of whatever agency or board counts votes and therefore could have easily been identified.

TellyKNeasuss is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th December 2020, 10:14 AM   #236
smartcooky
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by TellyKNeasuss View Post
Not to mention that there almost certainly were VERY few people who had a key to get into that room, and those people were undoubtedly in the leadership of whatever agency or board counts votes and therefore could have easily been identified.
Not to mention, of course, they HAD to know they were under video surveillance.
Old 4th December 2020, 10:20 AM   #237
Dave Rogers

Originally Posted by smartcooky View Post
Not to mention, of course, they HAD to know they were under video surveillance.
Projection, again. These accusations are coming from people stupid enough not to understand that.

Dave

Old 4th December 2020, 10:34 AM   #238
Meadmaker
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by eerok View Post
Projection, I suppose.
Actually, I think it's exactly the opposite.

People tend to assume that "the enemy" is nothing like them, and while they would never, ever, do something like commit vote fraud, the other side is teeming with people willing to do so.

In reality, I believe very few Americans on either side, or on no side at all, would participate in a vote fraud scheme.

It goes along with a study I heard about earlier this year and have mentioned many times. I heard the author talking on NPR one day this summer. In American politics today, most people could be described as either somewhat left wing or somewhat right wing, with a few people being extreme left wing or extreme right wing. However, the people on each "somwhat" side, are convinced that there are very few "somewhat" on the other side. In other words, people who are somewhat left wing assume that there are huge numbers of people who are extreme right wing, and vice versa.

ETA: Voter suppression is a different matter. Lots more are willing to do that, and many, many, people are willing to go along with it while rationalizing that they aren't really engaged in voter suppression.

Last edited by Meadmaker; 4th December 2020 at 10:35 AM.
Meadmaker is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th December 2020, 11:03 AM   #239
eerok
Quixoticist

Originally Posted by Meadmaker View Post
Actually, I think it's exactly the opposite.

People tend to assume that "the enemy" is nothing like them, and while they would never, ever, do something like commit vote fraud, the other side is teeming with people willing to do so.

In reality, I believe very few Americans on either side, or on no side at all, would participate in a vote fraud scheme.
I think most of the projection comes from Trump, who is definitely not above cheating. His followers parrot his idiocy. Their conceptual failure is not so much projection as blind faith in Trump.

Clearly there are Republicans with integrity, though, because we're seeing them standing fast in the face of madness, even if mostly on the state level.
Old 4th December 2020, 11:39 AM   #240
MRC_Hans
Penultimate Amazing

I think, in the years to come, lots of ph. d. s will be written on subjects like "Tendency to follow your leader beyond common sense". Not a large percentage, but some people will push on behind a strong leader (and much as we might hate it, Trump is that) long after most will have peeled away. The reason it right now seems like so many of them do is really because Trump has been cultivating those even from before the -16 campaign, carefully weeding out those that might not comply. That's the game he has been playing: It is hardly 4d chess, but it IS a quite mean game of checkers.

Hans

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories