IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags donald trump , political speculation

View Poll Results: The Trump Autobiography --
I will buy the book from a source that will ensure that Trump gets some money from me and I will at least try to read the book. 0 0%
I will obtain the book from a source which will ensure that Trump does not get any money from me and I will at least try read the book. 5 11.11%
I will not obtain the book in any way and I have no intentions of reading this book. 35 77.78%
Planet X option 5 11.11%
Voters: 45. You may not vote on this poll

Old 29th December 2020, 11:18 AM   #1
Crossbow
Seeking Honesty and Sanity

Trump Autobiography

Trump Autobiography

I am just curious, ...

Since Trump never misses a chance to make some decent money for himself, and since Trump never misses a chance to shamelessly promote himself, then I expect that Trump will publish his autobiography which will focus on his time as President within the next few weeks.

So, I was just wondering, will anyone here on the Forum read such a text?

As for me, I expect that I would try to read such a book. However, I would buy a used copy of the the book at a place like a flea market, a yard sale, or some such other thing in order to prevent any of the proceedes from such a sale going to POS like Trump.

Thanks much.

On 15 FEB 2019 'BobTheCoward' said: "I constantly assert I am a fool."

A man's best friend is his dogma.
Crossbow is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th December 2020, 11:22 AM   #2
Cavemonster
Philosopher

I believe there are laws in place to prevent criminals from profiting off of books about their crimes.
The weakness of all Utopias is this, ... They first assume that no man will want more than his share, and then are very ingenious in explaining whether his share will be delivered by motorcar or balloon.
-G.K. CHESTERTON
Cavemonster is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th December 2020, 11:25 AM   #3
Upchurch
Papa Funkosophy

I suspect it will be neither an autobiography nor nonfiction.
Old 29th December 2020, 11:27 AM   #4
Dave Rogers
Bandaged ice that stampedes inexpensively through a scribbled morning waving necessary ankles

I can't imagine wanting to read a word of it. If he writes it himself, it'll be unreadable anyway.

Dave

- President Joseph R. Biden, January 20th, 2021
Dave Rogers is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th December 2020, 11:30 AM   #5
alfaniner
Penultimate Amazing

He's only going to need two letters for the entire text.

"M" and "E".
Old 29th December 2020, 11:36 AM   #6
Mojo
Mostly harmless

I don’t read much fiction these days.

"The poor mystic homeopaths feel like petted house-cats thrown at high flood on the breaking ice." - Leon Trotsky
Mojo is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th December 2020, 01:14 PM   #7
CORed
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Dave Rogers View Post
I can't imagine wanting to read a word of it. If he writes it himself, it'll be unreadable anyway.

Dave
He probably won't write it. I'm pretty sure all of "his" previous books have been ghostwritten.
CORed is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th December 2020, 01:23 PM   #8
Thermal
Penultimate Amazing

Not even. It'll be a short comic strip with matching vocabulary.

Eta: chose no-money-but-try-to-read option, just in case there is something relevant to the future or understanding the past in there, but a summary from a trusted source would probably do just as well

Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect -Mark Twain

Last edited by Thermal; 29th December 2020 at 01:38 PM.
Thermal is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th December 2020, 02:20 PM   #9
dudalb
Penultimate Amazing

The guy who ghost wrote "Art Of The Deal" has turned on Trump, and described working with him like working with a spoiled, obnoxious 8 year old given to temper tantrums if he did not get his way.. A year ago he pretty much predicted exactly how Trump would behave if he lost the election.

Robert Heinlein.
dudalb is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th December 2020, 02:34 PM   #10
sackett
Philosopher

I read Mein Kampf in high school.

If you would ruin a man's character, let him seize power.
sackett is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th December 2020, 04:48 PM   #11
Trebuchet
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by sackett View Post
I read Mein Kampf in high school.
That's unfair to Hitler, he probably wrote it himself.
Old 29th December 2020, 04:53 PM   #12
Elagabalus
Philosopher

"Person, Man, Woman, Camera, TV. My Life." by Donald J. Trump.
Elagabalus is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th December 2020, 06:38 PM   #13
cullennz
Suspended

I would for a laugh.
cullennz is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th December 2020, 06:40 PM   #14
cullennz
Suspended

Originally Posted by Elagabalus View Post
"Person, Man, Woman, Camera, TV. My Life." by Donald J. Trump.
"Trump - How I made online forums repetitively boring with everyone bringing me up in every thread" - Donald Trump - Available on audible
cullennz is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th December 2020, 06:43 PM   #15
angrysoba
Philosophile

Originally Posted by cullennz View Post
"Trump - How I made online forums repetitively boring with everyone bringing me up in every thread" - Donald Trump - Available on audible
Alternative Title: "It's a Thread About Me!: Don't Pitch a Hissy Fit About Being Bored Reading Posts About Me if You Clicked the Link (And Thanks for Buying My Book!)"
"The thief and the murderer follow nature just as much as the philanthropist. Cosmic evolution may teach us how the good and the evil tendencies of man may have come about; but, in itself, it is incompetent to furnish any better reason why what we call good is preferable to what we call evil than we had before."

"Evolution and Ethics" T.H. Huxley (1893)
angrysoba is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th December 2020, 06:44 PM   #16
cullennz
Suspended

Originally Posted by angrysoba View Post
Alternative Title: "It's a Thread About Me!: Don't Pitch a Hissy Fit About Being Bored Reading Posts About Me if You Clicked the Link (And Thanks for Buying My Book!)"
Lol
Old 29th December 2020, 07:04 PM   #17
The Atheist
The Grammar Tyrant

Originally Posted by Crossbow View Post
Trump Autobiography...
Will be written in Sharpie and consist of two pages.

Text reads: I am the greatest, most popular president ever and hold the record for the largest inauguration crowd.

[/insert spelling mistakes and insert or remove punctuation for realism]
Old 29th December 2020, 07:07 PM   #18
angrysoba
Philosophile

Originally Posted by The Atheist View Post
Will be written in Sharpie and consist of two pages.

Text reads: I am the greatest, most popular president ever and hold the record for the largest inauguration crowd.

[/insert spelling mistakes and insert or remove punctuation for realism]
I think there should be a few pages dedicated to people who he is currently upset with... Kenyan guy Barak HUSSAIN Obama!, Crooked Hillary, boring musician John Legend, etc...
"The thief and the murderer follow nature just as much as the philanthropist. Cosmic evolution may teach us how the good and the evil tendencies of man may have come about; but, in itself, it is incompetent to furnish any better reason why what we call good is preferable to what we call evil than we had before."

"Evolution and Ethics" T.H. Huxley (1893)
angrysoba is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th December 2020, 07:18 PM   #19
cullennz
Suspended

"Trump - How I achieved the hair, while being the bestest president evers" "Forward by Tucker Carlson and Roseanne Barr"
Old 29th December 2020, 08:51 PM   #20
8enotto
Graduate Poster

Several of his ex staffers already wrote books of how his reign of blunders and tantrums went. I would trust those for accuracy over his version.

I imagine the first chapter would be his version of the SNL Frankenstein skits.
Instead of " fire bad! ". It would be " trump great!!! "

But it can't have too many big words in it or his " good people " will have trouble reading it.
8enotto is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th December 2020, 08:57 PM   #21
cullennz
Suspended

Same with the younger Bush and Bill Clinton tbf
Old 30th December 2020, 12:22 AM   #22
Thermal
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by cullennz View Post
"Trump - How I achieved the hair, while being the bestest president evers" "Forward by Tucker Carlson and Roseanne Barr"
Isn't Ass-Backward more appropriate?

Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect -Mark Twain
Thermal is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th December 2020, 05:04 AM   #23
figarot
Muse

I will read the reviews but not the book itself.
figarot is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th December 2020, 06:39 AM   #24
Vixen
Penultimate Amazing

It'd be the funniest book ever. Rather like Don Trump Junior's tweet yesterday that Trump was now 'more admired' than Obama. Comedy gold.

vilken tröst, vad än som kommer på!
Vixen is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th December 2020, 08:25 PM   #25
korenyx
Graduate Poster

I'll read the flap of the dustjacket, for free, after the library gets it.
korenyx is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 31st December 2020, 03:34 AM   #26
zooterkin
Nitpicking dilettante
Administrator

Will the printed edition retain the original colours of the crayons used to write it?
Join the JREF Folders ! Team 13232
Ezekiel 23:20
zooterkin is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 31st December 2020, 03:40 AM   #27
cullennz
Suspended

Originally Posted by Vixen View Post
It'd be the funniest book ever. Rather like Don Trump Junior's tweet yesterday that Trump was now 'more admired' than Obama. Comedy gold.
The weirdest point is so many still do care.

He is gone. Get over it.
Old 31st December 2020, 09:59 AM   #28
Jack by the hedge
Safely Ignored

I'll wait for the tweet.

Seriously, the idea that he might write a book by himself seems comically unlikely. If he does, with help, then I shall not waste a minute in reading it. Instead I'll wait for an eager internet to share any morsels that are worth reading for their unintended comedy, audacious falsehood or staggering delusion.
Jack by the hedge is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 31st December 2020, 02:06 PM   #29
Norman Alexander
Philosopher

According to Trump, he's already written this book and published it. It's at the top of the New York bestseller list right now!
...our governments are just trying to protect us from terror. In the same way that someone banging a hornets’ nest with a stick is trying to protect us from hornets. Frankie Boyle, Guardian, July 2015
Norman Alexander is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd January 2021, 04:19 PM   #30
Skeptic Ginger
Nasty Woman

Originally Posted by 8enotto View Post
Several of his ex staffers already wrote books of how his reign of blunders and tantrums went. I would trust those for accuracy over his version.

I imagine the first chapter would be his version of the SNL Frankenstein skits.
Instead of " fire bad! ". It would be " trump great!!! "

But it can't have too many big words in it or his " good people " will have trouble reading it.
He wants in on the gravy train, nothing else.
Skeptic Ginger is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd January 2021, 04:22 PM   #31
Skeptic Ginger
Nasty Woman

Originally Posted by CORed View Post
He probably won't write it. I'm pretty sure all of "his" previous books have been ghostwritten.
You have doubt about these things?

He can barely speak at a 4th grade level, how would he possibly write an autobiography?
Skeptic Ginger is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd January 2021, 08:45 PM   #32
bobdroege7
Illuminator

I'd pinch it and throw it in a dumpster.

Graduate of a liberal arts college!

Faster play faster faster play faster
bobdroege7 is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd January 2021, 09:18 PM   #33
Norman Alexander
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Skeptic Ginger View Post
You have doubt about these things?

He can barely speak at a 4th grade level, how would he possibly write an autobiography?
He needs a sharpie to sign legislation, in lieu of a crayon presumably. But, of course, he can (two-thumbs??) type. So expect a biography as a collection of short, unrelated, whiny, misspelled tweets that cut off half way through the book when Twitter takes down his account.
...our governments are just trying to protect us from terror. In the same way that someone banging a hornets’ nest with a stick is trying to protect us from hornets. Frankie Boyle, Guardian, July 2015
Norman Alexander is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd January 2021, 02:40 AM   #34
SteveAitch
Thinker

Get all the remaindered copies cheap and build a wall somewhere?
SteveAitch is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd January 2021, 03:27 AM   #35
The Great Zaganza
Maledictorian

Originally Posted by SteveAitch View Post
Get all the remaindered copies cheap and build a wall somewhere?
No doubt future archeologists will find rooms full of Trump books when excavating former GOP offices.
The Great Zaganza is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd January 2021, 11:53 AM   #36
Retrograde
Muse

It depends on who writes it
Retrograde is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd January 2021, 01:14 PM   #37
Mumbles
Philosopher

An autobiography? Why would anyone want his vainglorious coloring book?

Actually, I'm kidding, there are still fools that consider him honest, thoughtful, caring, or otherwise possessing positive character traits.
Mumbles is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd January 2021, 01:34 PM   #38
Trebuchet
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by The Great Zaganza View Post
No doubt future archeologists will find rooms full of Trump books when excavating former GOP offices.
Or just recent landlords!
Old 3rd January 2021, 05:38 PM   #39
Norman Alexander
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Trebuchet View Post
Or just recent landlords!
Or quack New York doctors' rooms.
Old 4th January 2021, 12:49 AM   #40
rjh01
Gentleman of leisure
Tagger

He can write an autobiography. Very simple. Titled
"All my tweets" by D. Trump.

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics