IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags !MOD BOX WARNING! , donald trump , mental illness issues , psychiatry incidents , psychiatry issues , Trump controversies

Old 25th January 2023, 03:56 PM   #2321
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

Speaking of Stormy, Michael Cohen said Melania knew Trump was a cheater and that it was his job to back up Donnie's lies to her.

Quote:
Donald’s former attorney Michael Cohen reports that Donald himself said very little to his wife on the matter — instead, Cohen details his responsibility of having to call Melania and repeat a denial crafted by the President himself, one Cohen assures the reader consists only of lies.
Quote:
Cohen describes two phone calls in particular with Melania over his 12 years as Donald’s lawyer, though he says that over his tenure “Donald would repeatedly have [him] call Melania to reaffirm his innocence when he was accused of cheating on her.” The first conversation he describes is about Stormy Daniels and the reports that Cohen paid her $130,000 to stay quiet about her dalliance with Donald, at the POTUS’ behest.
Also forgot about Karen McDougal who admitted to having an affair with Trump during his marriage to Melania. She later apologized to Melania.
Stacyhs is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th January 2023, 03:25 AM   #2322
dann
Penultimate Amazing

It assume that she had to pretend to get upset while being relieved that he was bothering somebody else. I wonder how much Melania was paid for signing her NDA.
"Stupidity renders itself invisible by assuming very large proportions. Completely unreasonable claims are irrefutable. Ni-en-leh pointed out that a philosopher might get into trouble by claiming that two times two makes five, but he does not risk much by claiming that two times two makes shoe polish." B. Brecht
"The abolition of religion as the illusory happiness of the people is required for their real happiness. The demand to give up the illusion about its condition is the demand to give up a condition which needs illusions." K. Marx
dann is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th January 2023, 03:40 AM   #2323
Darat
Lackey
Administrator

Originally Posted by Stacyhs View Post
....snip...

Also forgot about Karen McDougal who admitted to having an affair with Trump during his marriage to Melania. She later apologized to Melania.

To which I can imagine Melaina going "Nothing to apologise for, I should be thanking you."
Old 26th January 2023, 05:49 AM   #2324
Foster Zygote
Dental Floss Tycoon

Originally Posted by mikegriffith1 View Post
I do buy that he is a person of low character, a compulsive liar, and (until he married Melania) a womanizer.
YouTube Video This video is not hosted by the ISF. The ISF can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website.
I AGREE
Counterbalance in the little town of Ridgeview, Ohio. Two people permanently enslaved by the tyranny of fear and superstitution, facing the future with a kind of helpless dread. Two others facing the future with confidence - having escaped one of the darker places of the Twilight Zone.
Foster Zygote is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th January 2023, 01:29 PM   #2325
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Darat View Post
To which I can imagine Melaina going "Nothing to apologise for, I should be thanking you."
Melania probably paid Karen to sleep with Trump.

Melania probably took Lady Hillingdon's (alleged) advice to "Lie back, and think of England"...only substituting "the money" for "England".
Stacyhs is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 27th January 2023, 12:26 PM   #2326
Gord_in_Toronto
Penultimate Amazing

And so it goes.

Donald Trump will be allowed back on to Facebook and Instagram

Twitter next?
Old 27th January 2023, 01:20 PM   #2327
Guybrush Threepwood
Trainee Pirate

Originally Posted by Gord_in_Toronto View Post
They must have big rocks in Canada for you to live under. He's been back on Twitter for weeks. He hasn't tweeted though.
Guybrush Threepwood is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 27th January 2023, 01:26 PM   #2328
Norman Alexander
Penultimate Amazing

Donny knows he is safe among his curated dumb "friends" on Trothe Sential. On FB, Insta and Twitter, his ravings will get savaged by billions of unfriendly, sophisticated commenters with exactly the same access as he has and much higher IQ's. Donny NEVER likes to compete fairly...
...our governments are just trying to protect us from terror. In the same way that someone banging a hornets’ nest with a stick is trying to protect us from hornets. Frankie Boyle, Guardian, July 2015
Norman Alexander is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 27th January 2023, 06:40 PM   #2329
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Guybrush Threepwood View Post
They must have big rocks in Canada for you to live under. He's been back on Twitter for weeks. He hasn't tweeted though.
Not according to the media I've read and linked to that said he would be reinstated "in the coming weeks".
Old 27th January 2023, 08:53 PM   #2330
Gord_in_Toronto
Penultimate Amazing

I really do wish I had a few to live under. I would help my sanity . . . such as little as remains.
Old 28th January 2023, 02:02 AM   #2331
Mojo
Mostly harmless

Originally Posted by mgidm86 View Post
If I were writing for him (gag) I would try and make him seem less stupid, not more (maybe they are!!!). Of course I'm somewhat sane.

Perhaps they're written by the same person who kept secretly replacing his desk with a slightly smaller one.

"The poor mystic homeopaths feel like petted house-cats thrown at high flood on the breaking ice." - Leon Trotsky
Mojo is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th January 2023, 02:15 AM   #2332
dann
Penultimate Amazing

I don't think sane sells in American politics. You have to pretend to be at least a very stable genius.
"Stupidity renders itself invisible by assuming very large proportions. Completely unreasonable claims are irrefutable. Ni-en-leh pointed out that a philosopher might get into trouble by claiming that two times two makes five, but he does not risk much by claiming that two times two makes shoe polish." B. Brecht
"The abolition of religion as the illusory happiness of the people is required for their real happiness. The demand to give up the illusion about its condition is the demand to give up a condition which needs illusions." K. Marx
dann is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th January 2023, 05:40 AM   #2333
Guybrush Threepwood
Trainee Pirate

Not according to the media I've read and linked to that said he would be reinstated "in the coming weeks".
Trump Twitter account unbanned.
I can't find anything contradicting this, what were your links?
Guybrush Threepwood is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th January 2023, 02:41 PM   #2334
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

Trump Twitter account unbanned.
I can't find anything contradicting this, what were your links?
It was in my post #979 in The post-Trump fascist creep catch-all thread:

Quote:
Trump’s accounts will be reinstated “in the coming weeks” and come with “new guardrails in place to deter repeat offenses,” Nick Clegg, president, global affairs at Meta, said in a statement. Meta owns Facebook and Instagram.

Those guardrails will include "heightened penalties for repeat offenses — penalties which will apply to other public figures whose accounts are reinstated from suspensions related to civil unrest under our updated protocol. In the event that Mr. Trump posts further violating content, the content will be removed and he will be suspended for between one month and two years, depending on the severity of the violation," Clegg said on the company's website.
https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/don...orms-rcna67524
Old 28th January 2023, 02:52 PM   #2335
Guybrush Threepwood
Trainee Pirate

It was in my post #979 in The post-Trump fascist creep catch-all thread:

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/don...orms-rcna67524
That is about Facebook, my post was about Twitter.
They are different things.
Old 28th January 2023, 05:49 PM   #2336
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

That is about Facebook, my post was about Twitter.
They are different things.
I could try and nit-pick and claim it's all the same thing...a distinction without a difference...get pedantic...die on that hill... but.....nah...I'm an adult with a secure enough ego who can admit when she's wrong.

My bad!

Note to self: read more carefully.
Old 28th January 2023, 10:13 PM   #2337
Norman Alexander
Penultimate Amazing

A different twist:
Quote:
Former President Donald Trump could stand to lose millions of dollars if he succumbs to temptation and resumes communicating with the masses through Twitter now that new boss Elon Musk reinstated his account.

Truth Social is a privately held property of Trump Media & Technology Group, which is owned by the former president.

TMTG is locked into an agreement with Digital World Acquisition Corp., a special purpose acquisition company (SPAC), which was created to take Trump’s company public.

If Trump’s company were to go public only for him to devalue Truth Social by resuming his Twitter activities — and thus giving his tens of millions of followers a reason to abandon the fledgling social media platform and return to Musk’s outfit — shareholders could sue him
Own. Petard. Hoist.
...our governments are just trying to protect us from terror. In the same way that someone banging a hornets’ nest with a stick is trying to protect us from hornets. Frankie Boyle, Guardian, July 2015
Norman Alexander is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics