IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics
 


Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Reply
Old 26th October 2020, 07:10 AM   #1241
MinnesotaBrant
Illuminator
 
MinnesotaBrant's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 4,953
Originally Posted by varwoche View Post
It is a lot of money. Risk/reward I suppose. It seems generous, seeing as whoever crafted the policy/legislation could never have imagined that a POTUS would one day threaten the life of a whistleblower.
I read an article on it. They are trying to encourage whistleblowing and seem to be offering 30% for up to 5m. Since whistleblowers are supposedly often harmed by their actions they try to make the award as large as they can. There are also punishments for people who make too many whistleblowing claims who are fishing for large rewards.
__________________
Formerly known as MNBrant.
MinnesotaBrant is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th October 2020, 07:17 AM   #1242
Gulliver Foyle
Critical Thinker
 
Gulliver Foyle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Cork baaaiii
Posts: 360
Originally Posted by Bogative View Post
The video of some woman pleasuring Hunter Biden with her feet while he hits the crack pipe, talks about how good the camera angle is and also videos with his smart phone is obviously a deep fake. ******* Putin!

So much for the argument that all of this was unbelievable nonsense made up by Giuliani.
Where's the sex tape? Like everything else in this story the people pushing it are refusing to release the "evidence" they have.

Look, you can believe whatever lies and bovine excrement you want. But don't try and force them on the rest of us, ok.
Gulliver Foyle is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th October 2020, 09:11 AM   #1243
MinnesotaBrant
Illuminator
 
MinnesotaBrant's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 4,953
I got a link to it in a game I am playing but didn't want a virus so didn't click on the link
__________________
Formerly known as MNBrant.
MinnesotaBrant is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th October 2020, 10:49 AM   #1244
Bogative
Graduate Poster
 
Bogative's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 1,584
Originally Posted by Gulliver Foyle View Post
Where's the sex tape? Like everything else in this story the people pushing it are refusing to release the "evidence" they have.

Look, you can believe whatever lies and bovine excrement you want. But don't try and force them on the rest of us, ok.

Linking to pornographic material is a violation of Rule 2 on this forum.
Bogative is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th October 2020, 10:59 AM   #1245
JoeMorgue
Self Employed
Remittance Man
 
JoeMorgue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Florida
Posts: 30,019
Originally Posted by Bogative View Post
Linking to pornographic material is a violation of Rule 2 on this forum.
Well that's a nice Diet Pepsi version of the "Oh I totally have evidence that I'm right, but I'm under a NDA." argument.
__________________
Yahtzee: "You're doing that thing again where when asked a question you just discuss the philosophy of the question instead of answering the bloody question."
Gabriel: "Well yeah, you see..."
Yahtzee: "No. When you are asked a Yes or No question the first word out of your mouth needs to be Yes or No. Only after that have you earned the right to elaborate."
JoeMorgue is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th October 2020, 11:08 AM   #1246
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing
 
Stacyhs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: United States
Posts: 17,495
Who fricking cares about a sex tape with HUNTER BIDEN? JOE Biden is running for president. Jesus H. Christ people.
Stacyhs is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th October 2020, 11:36 AM   #1247
Elagabalus
Philosopher
 
Elagabalus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 6,906
Originally Posted by The Don View Post
I can't access the article, but is the NYT's position that there is some compromising information there but Giuliani just shanked its release, or is it that the information itself is likely garbage ?

I found this interesting if you watched the debate.

Quote:
...He (Mr. Bobulinski) appeared the next day in Nashville to attend the debate as Mr. Trump’s surprise guest...

...When Mr. Trump stepped on stage, the president acted as though the details of the emails and the allegations were common knowledge. “You’re the big man, I think. I don’t know, maybe you’re not,” he told Mr. Biden at some point, a reference to an ambiguous sentence from the documents...

...And if you’d been watching the debate, but hadn’t been obsessively watching Fox News or reading Breitbart, you would have had no idea what Mr. Trump was talking about. The story the Trump team hoped would upend the campaign was fading fast.
Dead before it hit the ground.
Elagabalus is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th October 2020, 12:50 PM   #1248
Sherkeu
Master Poster
 
Sherkeu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Disneyland
Posts: 2,023
Originally Posted by JoeMorgue View Post
Well that's a nice Diet Pepsi version of the "Oh I totally have evidence that I'm right, but I'm under a NDA." argument.
Why do you need to see Hunter's crack/porn videos and photos?
I only had to read the descriptions to know I wouldnt dare click. I dont want that sort of thing taking up space in my brain.
Think of it as 'revenge porn" and possibly involving a minor child and stay away.

It is only the emails and texts (if true) that deserve any discussion and there really arent any smoking guns. In fact, it shows Joe to be a pretty loving dad. So Hunter got lucrative jobs using his connection to his father? Big deal. That has happened since time immemorial. Hunter may have even overplayed his hand without his dads consent. It looks bad but isnt illegal to do it unless there is some 'pay for play' that can be proven directly tied to Joe.
Sherkeu is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th October 2020, 12:53 PM   #1249
dudalb
Penultimate Amazing
 
dudalb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Sacramento
Posts: 50,005
Originally Posted by JoeMorgue View Post
It's almost funny. It literally reads like FoxNews is mad at other news outlets for treating their smear job as if it where actual news. As if FoxNews is trying to play the "journalistic integrity" card... on people reporting their own bad reporting.
Way,way, way too late for that.
Of course expecting integrity from anything owned by Rupert Murdoch is an act of idiocy.
__________________
Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay - and claims a halo for his dishonesty.

Robert Heinlein.
dudalb is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th October 2020, 01:05 PM   #1250
Bogative
Graduate Poster
 
Bogative's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 1,584
Originally Posted by JoeMorgue View Post
Well that's a nice Diet Pepsi version of the "Oh I totally have evidence that I'm right, but I'm under a NDA." argument.

If you really want to see it, pretend for a minute that it's Donald Trump Jr's sex and crack smokin' video you're looking for. I'm sure everyone would be able to muster up what it takes to find it.
Bogative is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th October 2020, 01:17 PM   #1251
Dr. Keith
Not a doctor.
 
Dr. Keith's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Texas
Posts: 22,105
Originally Posted by TahiniBinShawarma View Post
What makes you think that?
You solved it with only a fraction of the information available to the FBI. And yet they've done nothing.

Quote:
There is no clock ticking, the investigation ends when it ends.
No, the investigation is done. Biden will be president in January and he will have the power of a the pardon and presidential immunity. Trump has laid the groundwork for Biden to get away with the crime of the century (as pointed out by your top sleuthing) and the FBI fumbled the ball in the end zone.
__________________
Suffering is not a punishment not a fruit of sin, it is a gift of God.
He allows us to share in His suffering and to make up for the sins of the world. -Mother Teresa

If I had a pet panda I would name it Snowflake.
Dr. Keith is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th October 2020, 01:19 PM   #1252
Dr. Keith
Not a doctor.
 
Dr. Keith's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Texas
Posts: 22,105
Originally Posted by TahiniBinShawarma View Post
What makes you think there is no action?
Actions make waves. And yet a calmness prevails.
__________________
Suffering is not a punishment not a fruit of sin, it is a gift of God.
He allows us to share in His suffering and to make up for the sins of the world. -Mother Teresa

If I had a pet panda I would name it Snowflake.
Dr. Keith is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th October 2020, 01:20 PM   #1253
Dr. Keith
Not a doctor.
 
Dr. Keith's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Texas
Posts: 22,105
Originally Posted by TahiniBinShawarma View Post
You don't know what conclusions the FBI has or hadn't made.
They've concluded that Rudy is out there on his own.
__________________
Suffering is not a punishment not a fruit of sin, it is a gift of God.
He allows us to share in His suffering and to make up for the sins of the world. -Mother Teresa

If I had a pet panda I would name it Snowflake.
Dr. Keith is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th October 2020, 01:32 PM   #1254
Dr. Keith
Not a doctor.
 
Dr. Keith's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Texas
Posts: 22,105
Originally Posted by dirtywick View Post
imo the longer they keep pushing this instead of talking about something voters might actually care about the better
Indeed. This is the longest own goal in history.


goooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo . . . . (two weeks) . . .ooooool!
__________________
Suffering is not a punishment not a fruit of sin, it is a gift of God.
He allows us to share in His suffering and to make up for the sins of the world. -Mother Teresa

If I had a pet panda I would name it Snowflake.
Dr. Keith is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th October 2020, 02:01 PM   #1255
Dr. Keith
Not a doctor.
 
Dr. Keith's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Texas
Posts: 22,105
Originally Posted by Stacyhs View Post
Who fricking cares about a sex tape with HUNTER BIDEN? JOE Biden is running for president. Jesus H. Christ people.
And hasn't Hunter admitted to a drug addiction?

If so, there is likely a ton of video and photographic evidence of him acting like a drug addict. Who is that supposed to be surprising to?

I once played baseball. There are incriminating photos of me in a baseball uniform and even some video of people patting me on the butt after sprinting a relatively short distance when a slow jog would have sufficed. I am not proud of these images and they are the primary reason my father never ran for mayor.
__________________
Suffering is not a punishment not a fruit of sin, it is a gift of God.
He allows us to share in His suffering and to make up for the sins of the world. -Mother Teresa

If I had a pet panda I would name it Snowflake.
Dr. Keith is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th October 2020, 02:08 PM   #1256
Minoosh
Penultimate Amazing
 
Minoosh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 12,129
Originally Posted by JoeMorgue View Post
It's almost funny. It literally reads like FoxNews is mad at other news outlets for treating their smear job as if it where actual news. As if FoxNews is trying to play the "journalistic integrity" card... on people reporting their own bad reporting.
I watched a video, and that wasn't my takeaway. They were just framing their own backpedaling in a light to look a little more flattering to themselves. It was linked here at 4 a.m. on a Sunday and I don't know when it actually aired but I'd never seen either of these guys before and to me it smacked of ass-covering. Designed to get it on the record that Joe was NOT involved, but without any loss of face for their major weekday talent. Slandering/libeling a public figure is pretty damn hard but rightist news sources have legal departments and some were brushing right up against the line of spreading information maliciously and with a reckless disregard for the truth. Bottom line, Fox News flinched and TPTB ordered up a segment exonerating Joe. It's highly unlikely Joe would have sued, but the network wanted to cover at least the crack of their big hairy behind.
Minoosh is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th October 2020, 02:09 PM   #1257
Foggy of the Fogbow
Thinker
 
Foggy of the Fogbow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 147
I'm not voting for Hunter Biden, I'm not voting for Hillary Clinton, and I'm not voting for Shyamala Gopalan.

Umm, you did know there are Kamala Harris birthers now, right?
Foggy of the Fogbow is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th October 2020, 08:29 PM   #1258
Venom
Illuminator
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: United States
Posts: 4,861
Originally Posted by Dr. Keith View Post
And hasn't Hunter admitted to a drug addiction?

If so, there is likely a ton of video and photographic evidence of him acting like a drug addict. Who is that supposed to be surprising to?

I once played baseball. There are incriminating photos of me in a baseball uniform and even some video of people patting me on the butt after sprinting a relatively short distance when a slow jog would have sufficed. I am not proud of these images and they are the primary reason my father never ran for mayor.
It's the best his gang can come up with to try to smear Biden. They know that Trump and his associates have been able to get away with far worse accusations than alleged against Hunter Biden because Republican politicians and voters look the other way. Let's see if this desperate effort makes a difference.
Venom is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th October 2020, 09:45 PM   #1259
Skeptic Ginger
Nasty Woman
 
Skeptic Ginger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 85,895
Originally Posted by Minoosh View Post
I find all that reassuring, in a way. It makes the whole plot sound slightly less amateurish. Rudy-as-loose-cannon explains a lot.
You wanted the Trump campaign to have managed this fabricated Biden slander well?
Skeptic Ginger is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th October 2020, 10:33 PM   #1260
Hlafordlaes
Disorder of Kilopi
 
Hlafordlaes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: State of Flux
Posts: 14,367
None of this matters now.

SCOTUS has ruled in favor of vote suppression, largely by ignoring the rational rule test. The USPS is in the hands of a Trump ally. Expect a goodly portion of mailed-in "blue" votes to be tossed out or never counted.

Dictatorship awaits! How nice! We can all look forward to the nice Libertarians and others in favor of irrationality to start filing legal complaints for ISF posters to be arrested. Finally, what they could never win by reasoned argument, they will take by force, like good little White boys. They are true to their historical track record since the 1600s, let's give them that.
__________________
Driftwood on an empty shore of the sea of meaninglessness. Irrelevant, weightless, inconsequential moment of existential hubris on the fast track to oblivion.
His real name is Count Douchenozzle von Stenchfahrter und Lichtendicks. - shemp

Last edited by Hlafordlaes; 26th October 2020 at 10:34 PM.
Hlafordlaes is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th October 2020, 11:04 PM   #1261
Norman Alexander
Philosopher
 
Norman Alexander's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Gundungurra
Posts: 8,495
Originally Posted by Bogative View Post
If you really want to see it, pretend for a minute that it's Donald Trump Jr's sex and crack smokin' video you're looking for. I'm sure everyone would be able to muster up what it takes to find it.
And I'm sure you are wrong. Searching for that is as enticing as licking the barnyard effluent off my gumboots.
__________________
...our governments are just trying to protect us from terror. In the same way that someone banging a hornets’ nest with a stick is trying to protect us from hornets. Frankie Boyle, Guardian, July 2015
Norman Alexander is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 27th October 2020, 06:51 AM   #1262
Bogative
Graduate Poster
 
Bogative's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 1,584
Originally Posted by Beelzebuddy View Post
I'll gladly pay you Tuesday for a hamburger today.

It's Tuesday and Bobulinski is getting ready to pay up.

Quote:
Fox News’ Tucker Carlson will be dedicating his entire prime time program Tuesday night to a one-hour interview with Biden family whistleblower Tony Bobulinski.


The Federalist confirmed with sources familiar with the plans that Bobulinski, a retired Navy lieutenant and Biden associate, will be airing tapes of Biden operatives begging Bobulinski to remain quiet as former Vice President Joe Biden nears the finish line to the White House next week.
Bogative is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 27th October 2020, 06:59 AM   #1263
Craig4
Penultimate Amazing
 
Craig4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: I live in a swamp
Posts: 22,366
Originally Posted by Bogative View Post
Yeah, because this would be the first time Tucky there hyped a nothing-burger.
Craig4 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 27th October 2020, 07:16 AM   #1264
MinnesotaBrant
Illuminator
 
MinnesotaBrant's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 4,953
The courts have already confirmed that Tucker Carlson is an entertainer and no reasonable person should believe what he says.
__________________
Formerly known as MNBrant.
MinnesotaBrant is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 27th October 2020, 07:41 AM   #1265
Gulliver Foyle
Critical Thinker
 
Gulliver Foyle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Cork baaaiii
Posts: 360
Originally Posted by Bogative View Post
Linking to pornographic material is a violation of Rule 2 on this forum.
So you don't have access to a copy of it. Thanks for confirming your lie.
Gulliver Foyle is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 27th October 2020, 07:45 AM   #1266
Gulliver Foyle
Critical Thinker
 
Gulliver Foyle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Cork baaaiii
Posts: 360
Originally Posted by Minoosh View Post
I watched a video, and that wasn't my takeaway. They were just framing their own backpedaling in a light to look a little more flattering to themselves. It was linked here at 4 a.m. on a Sunday and I don't know when it actually aired but I'd never seen either of these guys before and to me it smacked of ass-covering. Designed to get it on the record that Joe was NOT involved, but without any loss of face for their major weekday talent. Slandering/libeling a public figure is pretty damn hard but rightist news sources have legal departments and some were brushing right up against the line of spreading information maliciously and with a reckless disregard for the truth. Bottom line, Fox News flinched and TPTB ordered up a segment exonerating Joe. It's highly unlikely Joe would have sued, but the network wanted to cover at least the crack of their big hairy behind.
If the ones making the allegations weren't the ones doing the apologising the suit is still open. And I don't mean some nobody sub-editor pulled from the back room, I mean the trolls like Hannity who were actually spewing the bile.
Gulliver Foyle is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 27th October 2020, 07:51 AM   #1267
TheL8Elvis
Philosopher
 
TheL8Elvis's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 8,276
Originally Posted by Gulliver Foyle View Post
So you don't have access to a copy of it. Thanks for confirming your lie.
The gateway pundit links to the video. I'm sure you can find it there with almost no effort.

This is a weird hill to die on.

ETA: I didn't watch it, and I've no idea if it's real. I don't have any reason to believe it's not real. Good thing Hunter isn't running for president, he's made soem bad choices.
__________________
"There is a cult of ignorance in the United States...nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'" - Isaac Asimov
TheL8Elvis is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 27th October 2020, 08:08 AM   #1268
Craig4
Penultimate Amazing
 
Craig4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: I live in a swamp
Posts: 22,366
If it is genuine and all that damaging, why wait until nearly half the total number of votes cast in 2016 have already been made?
Craig4 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 27th October 2020, 08:22 AM   #1269
Modified
Philosopher
 
Modified's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 6,825
Originally Posted by Craig4 View Post
If it is genuine and all that damaging, why wait until nearly half the total number of votes cast in 2016 have already been made?
And probably well over half of the Biden votes.
Modified is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 27th October 2020, 08:27 AM   #1270
varwoche
Penultimate Amazing
 
varwoche's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Puget Sound
Posts: 15,374
Originally Posted by Craig4 View Post
If it is genuine and all that damaging, why wait until nearly half the total number of votes cast in 2016 have already been made?
If the story is true, they are dimwitted. If the story is false, they are lying sleaze bags. Not mutually exclusive.
__________________
To survive election season on a skeptics forum, one must understand Hymie-the-Robot.
My authority is total - Trump
varwoche is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 27th October 2020, 09:26 AM   #1271
JoeMorgue
Self Employed
Remittance Man
 
JoeMorgue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Florida
Posts: 30,019
Originally Posted by Craig4 View Post
If it is genuine and all that damaging, why wait until nearly half the total number of votes cast in 2016 have already been made?
Because the scary thought is that Trump isn't trying to win the election, he's setting the stage for what to do after he loses it.
__________________
Yahtzee: "You're doing that thing again where when asked a question you just discuss the philosophy of the question instead of answering the bloody question."
Gabriel: "Well yeah, you see..."
Yahtzee: "No. When you are asked a Yes or No question the first word out of your mouth needs to be Yes or No. Only after that have you earned the right to elaborate."
JoeMorgue is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 27th October 2020, 09:35 AM   #1272
Gulliver Foyle
Critical Thinker
 
Gulliver Foyle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Cork baaaiii
Posts: 360
Originally Posted by TheL8Elvis View Post
The gateway pundit links to the video. I'm sure you can find it there with almost no effort.

This is a weird hill to die on.

ETA: I didn't watch it, and I've no idea if it's real. I don't have any reason to believe it's not real. Good thing Hunter isn't running for president, he's made soem bad choices.
If Bogative thought it was real he wouldn't have posted some nonsense about not being able to link to it. He'd have told me where the video was, just like you did.

When you start rules lawyering, you know your case is not able to stand up.

Edit, and a quick google shows that the tapes were uploaded in China to a website owned by Guo Wengui and Steve Bannon. If the tape isn't a fake then I'm literally a monkey's uncle.

Last edited by Gulliver Foyle; 27th October 2020 at 09:37 AM.
Gulliver Foyle is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 27th October 2020, 09:37 AM   #1273
wareyin
Philosopher
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Georgia, USA
Posts: 8,177
Originally Posted by Bogative View Post
Huh, the conversation you are digging up involved you guys crowing that Bobaganoosh was going to the FBI... apparently to tell them about communications they have supposedly had for almost a year and not found worthy of following up on?

Now, after we discover that White House lawyers were trying to shop Baba ghanoush's story to the Wall Street Journal (who claimed it was a nothing burger after investigating it) we're supposed to be quaking in our boots that Baba ghanoush is going on Tucker Carlson's White Power Hour? Apparently the guy whose court defense is that nobody should believe a word he says is the only Fox Noise host left who will try to run with this?

Man, you guys just don't know when to quit, do you?
wareyin is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 27th October 2020, 09:38 AM   #1274
JoeMorgue
Self Employed
Remittance Man
 
JoeMorgue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Florida
Posts: 30,019
Every time anyone shifts the argument into an argument about the argument it is an open admission that they are losing the argument. This is has been true since internet style arguing solidified around tedious, nitpicky point scoring and then leaked into the real world during Trump's rise to power.

5 years down the road unless we find some way to counter it and politics will be no functionally different from Jabba proving he's immortal.
__________________
Yahtzee: "You're doing that thing again where when asked a question you just discuss the philosophy of the question instead of answering the bloody question."
Gabriel: "Well yeah, you see..."
Yahtzee: "No. When you are asked a Yes or No question the first word out of your mouth needs to be Yes or No. Only after that have you earned the right to elaborate."
JoeMorgue is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 27th October 2020, 10:24 AM   #1275
TheL8Elvis
Philosopher
 
TheL8Elvis's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 8,276
Originally Posted by Gulliver Foyle View Post
If Bogative thought it was real he wouldn't have posted some nonsense about not being able to link to it. He'd have told me where the video was, just like you did.

When you start rules lawyering, you know your case is not able to stand up.

Edit, and a quick google shows that the tapes were uploaded in China to a website owned by Guo Wengui and Steve Bannon. If the tape isn't a fake then I'm literally a monkey's uncle.
To be fair, I didn't want to link directly to the gateway pundit, bc the rules are weirdly enforced here sometimes.

It doesn't really matter if the video is real, as long as the right can use it to gin up outrage.
__________________
"There is a cult of ignorance in the United States...nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'" - Isaac Asimov
TheL8Elvis is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 27th October 2020, 11:05 AM   #1276
Elagabalus
Philosopher
 
Elagabalus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 6,906
The Gateway pundit article is weird. It starts out with Trump's fake Russian peepee tape but then shows Hunter Biden hanging out with Russians at his West Hollywood home. How do we know they are Russians. Because someone took a picture of the Russian passport of one of girls (and GP posted it). But she couldn't be a Russian agent because reasons.


I wonder if Bellingcat is interested chasing down the alleged passport.
Elagabalus is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 27th October 2020, 11:05 AM   #1277
Bogative
Graduate Poster
 
Bogative's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 1,584
Originally Posted by Gulliver Foyle View Post
If Bogative thought it was real he wouldn't have posted some nonsense about not being able to link to it. He'd have told me where the video was, just like you did.

When you start rules lawyering, you know your case is not able to stand up.

Edit, and a quick google shows that the tapes were uploaded in China to a website owned by Guo Wengui and Steve Bannon. If the tape isn't a fake then I'm literally a monkey's uncle.

This is hilarious. Now that you have been told where to find the video, that could have easily been found by a simple Google search, you dismiss it as fake because of who is hosting it without having watched it!

Bogative is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 27th October 2020, 11:48 AM   #1278
Bogative
Graduate Poster
 
Bogative's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 1,584
Originally Posted by TheL8Elvis View Post
The gateway pundit links to the video. I'm sure you can find it there with almost no effort.

I doubt if can be bothered to go to the gatewaypundit website, might run into more info there that will shatter his delusions of everything being "fake."

For example, the screenshots of Hunter's text messages where he is crying to daddy and uncle Jim because an adult female in the Biden family won't let Hunter near her teenage daughter because, to quote Hunter:
Quote:
"She she told my therapist that I was sexually inappropriate with [redacted] when she says that I face time naked with her and the reason I can't have her out to see me is because I'll walk around naked ... When she was pressed she said that [redacted] never said anything like that but the bottom line is that I create and caused

"A very unsafe environment for the kids

"If it stopped there I would let it go"
Bogative is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 27th October 2020, 11:56 AM   #1279
Dr. Keith
Not a doctor.
 
Dr. Keith's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Texas
Posts: 22,105
Originally Posted by JoeMorgue View Post
5 years down the road unless we find some way to counter it and politics will be no functionally different from Jabba proving he's immortal.
To be fair, Jabba has never died.

Originally Posted by Bogative View Post
I doubt if can be bothered to go to the gatewaypundit website, might run into more info there that will shatter his delusions of everything being "fake."

For example, the screenshots of Hunter's text messages where he is crying to daddy and uncle Jim because an adult female in the Biden family won't let Hunter near her teenage daughter because, to quote Hunter:
Do you actually read that as an admission by Hunter of bad things rather than Hunter calling out someone making up BS about him? Weird.

Still, just in case you are right, I'm not voting for Hunter.
__________________
Suffering is not a punishment not a fruit of sin, it is a gift of God.
He allows us to share in His suffering and to make up for the sins of the world. -Mother Teresa

If I had a pet panda I would name it Snowflake.
Dr. Keith is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 27th October 2020, 11:59 AM   #1280
Dr. Keith
Not a doctor.
 
Dr. Keith's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Texas
Posts: 22,105
Was today the day the FBI confirmed all the cool research done at the beginning of this thread that showed the Biden's committed multiple felonies?

Or, are we sticking with "deep state" and "things take time" for the reasons that "obvious criminals" are not being arrested by an FBI run by their political foe right before an election?

Just trying to get my calendar all cleared up, just in case.
__________________
Suffering is not a punishment not a fruit of sin, it is a gift of God.
He allows us to share in His suffering and to make up for the sins of the world. -Mother Teresa

If I had a pet panda I would name it Snowflake.
Dr. Keith is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Reply

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:40 PM.
Powered by vBulletin. Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

This forum began as part of the James Randi Education Foundation (JREF). However, the forum now exists as
an independent entity with no affiliation with or endorsement by the JREF, including the section in reference to "JREF" topics.

Disclaimer: Messages posted in the Forum are solely the opinion of their authors.