IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics
 


Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Reply
Old 28th October 2020, 09:59 AM   #1361
JoeMorgue
Self Employed
Remittance Man
 
JoeMorgue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Florida
Posts: 29,885
Originally Posted by TahiniBinShawarma View Post
This is a pitiful attempt to distract that a poster here attributed a position to me that I obviously never made. There are pages and pages of a discussion about the claims regarding the laptop.
You didn't make up the lie.
You shared it.
You spread it.
You perpetrated it.
And you attacked people who doubted it.
__________________
Yahtzee: "You're doing that thing again where when asked a question you just discuss the philosophy of the question instead of answering the bloody question."
Gabriel: "Well yeah, you see..."
Yahtzee: "No. When you are asked a Yes or No question the first word out of your mouth needs to be Yes or No. Only after that have you earned the right to elaborate."
JoeMorgue is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th October 2020, 10:00 AM   #1362
wareyin
Philosopher
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Georgia, USA
Posts: 8,155
Originally Posted by TahiniBinShawarma View Post
Now link to me defending the claim that there is child porn on the laptop. Since your last claim has been debunked.
Nope. The thread is here for all to read.

Honestly, I expected you would take the tack of huffily declaring it was just sexually inappropriate pictures, not porn! I didn't expect you to just deny it all.

So, guess I will ask: when you jumped in here to laugh at everyone doubting this story and report how Giuliani had dropped off the laptop with the Delaware PD for child porn, did you believe he was lying or telling the truth? When you argued that the FBI having this info for 10 months without doing anything didn't mean anything it could still be true, were you defending the claim and did you still believe the claim at that time? Do you still believe it?
wareyin is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th October 2020, 10:04 AM   #1363
TahiniBinShawarma
Muse
 
Join Date: May 2020
Posts: 756
Originally Posted by JoeMorgue View Post
You didn't make up the lie.
You shared it.
You spread it.
You perpetrated it.
And you attacked people who doubted it.
Link to me attacking someone who doubted there was child porn on the laptop, or defending the claim there was child porn on it. The post speaks for itself. "Giuliani goes there," the claim, "Don't shoot the messenger."

Last edited by TahiniBinShawarma; 28th October 2020 at 10:07 AM.
TahiniBinShawarma is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th October 2020, 10:05 AM   #1364
JoeMorgue
Self Employed
Remittance Man
 
JoeMorgue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Florida
Posts: 29,885
Originally Posted by TahiniBinShawarma View Post
Link to me attacking someone who doubted there was child porn on the laptop.
No. You'll just deny it like you deny everything. The thread is here for everyone to read, I'm not playing the "Show me where I said that!" game with you.

And you notice neither is anyone else.

We all know this game.

And I notice you didn't deny knowingly spreading falsehoods, you just latched onto the one statement you thought you could stall the discussion out with by giving people a fetch quest to complete. Very transparent.
__________________
Yahtzee: "You're doing that thing again where when asked a question you just discuss the philosophy of the question instead of answering the bloody question."
Gabriel: "Well yeah, you see..."
Yahtzee: "No. When you are asked a Yes or No question the first word out of your mouth needs to be Yes or No. Only after that have you earned the right to elaborate."

Last edited by JoeMorgue; 28th October 2020 at 10:06 AM.
JoeMorgue is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th October 2020, 10:05 AM   #1365
TahiniBinShawarma
Muse
 
Join Date: May 2020
Posts: 756
Originally Posted by wareyin View Post
Nope. The thread is here for all to read.

Honestly, I expected you would take the tack of huffily declaring it was just sexually inappropriate pictures, not porn! I didn't expect you to just deny it all.

So, guess I will ask: when you jumped in here to laugh at everyone doubting this story and report how Giuliani had dropped off the laptop with the Delaware PD for child porn, did you believe he was lying or telling the truth? When you argued that the FBI having this info for 10 months without doing anything didn't mean anything it could still be true, were you defending the claim and did you still believe the claim at that time? Do you still believe it?

I notice there is no link in there which shows me attacking someone doubting there is child porn on the laptop. And there is no link in there of me defending the claim of child porn on the laptop either. Back up your claim.
TahiniBinShawarma is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th October 2020, 10:08 AM   #1366
TahiniBinShawarma
Muse
 
Join Date: May 2020
Posts: 756
Originally Posted by JoeMorgue View Post
No. You'll just deny it like you deny everything. The thread is here for everyone to read, I'm not playing the "Show me where I said that!" game with you.

And you notice neither is anyone else.

We all know this game.

And I notice you didn't deny knowingly spreading falsehoods, you just latched onto the one statement you thought you could stall the discussion out with by giving people a fetch quest to complete. Very transparent.

No, because you can't, because it never happened.
TahiniBinShawarma is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th October 2020, 10:08 AM   #1367
JoeMorgue
Self Employed
Remittance Man
 
JoeMorgue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Florida
Posts: 29,885
Originally Posted by TahiniBinShawarma View Post
I notice there is no link in there which shows me attacking someone doubting there is child porn on the laptop. And there is no link in there of me defending the claim of child porn on the laptop either. Back up your claim.
Okay here's a link. It's in the thread called "Bill Barr and his October Surprise" on the International Skeptic Forums message board. You can find it with Google.

Stop trying to get out of being arguing into a corner by giving us fetch quests to complete that we both know you'll just deny when we complete anyway.
__________________
Yahtzee: "You're doing that thing again where when asked a question you just discuss the philosophy of the question instead of answering the bloody question."
Gabriel: "Well yeah, you see..."
Yahtzee: "No. When you are asked a Yes or No question the first word out of your mouth needs to be Yes or No. Only after that have you earned the right to elaborate."
JoeMorgue is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th October 2020, 10:10 AM   #1368
TahiniBinShawarma
Muse
 
Join Date: May 2020
Posts: 756
Originally Posted by JoeMorgue View Post
No. You'll just deny it like you deny everything. The thread is here for everyone to read, I'm not playing the "Show me where I said that!" game with you.

And you notice neither is anyone else.

We all know this game.

And I notice you didn't deny knowingly spreading falsehoods, you just latched onto the one statement you thought you could stall the discussion out with by giving people a fetch quest to complete. Very transparent.
"Neither is anyone else" because it never happened. If it had, you would discredit me unequivocally. That you can't, only discredits you and others who made the claim.
TahiniBinShawarma is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th October 2020, 10:10 AM   #1369
JoeMorgue
Self Employed
Remittance Man
 
JoeMorgue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Florida
Posts: 29,885
So yeah this is a nothingburger. And it's not working. Trump wanted this to be his "Comey Letter" for this election and it frizzled out at best, backfired at worst.
__________________
Yahtzee: "You're doing that thing again where when asked a question you just discuss the philosophy of the question instead of answering the bloody question."
Gabriel: "Well yeah, you see..."
Yahtzee: "No. When you are asked a Yes or No question the first word out of your mouth needs to be Yes or No. Only after that have you earned the right to elaborate."
JoeMorgue is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th October 2020, 10:10 AM   #1370
Bogative
Graduate Poster
 
Bogative's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 1,586
Originally Posted by slyjoe View Post
Not that poster, who believes most mass shooters are black.
They are, according to the New York Times.
Bogative is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th October 2020, 10:11 AM   #1371
JoeMorgue
Self Employed
Remittance Man
 
JoeMorgue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Florida
Posts: 29,885
Originally Posted by TahiniBinShawarma View Post
"Neither is anyone else" because it never happened. If it had, you would discredit me unequivocally. That you can't, only discredits you and others who made the claim.
I'm comfortable with anyone reading this thread and judging my credibility.
__________________
Yahtzee: "You're doing that thing again where when asked a question you just discuss the philosophy of the question instead of answering the bloody question."
Gabriel: "Well yeah, you see..."
Yahtzee: "No. When you are asked a Yes or No question the first word out of your mouth needs to be Yes or No. Only after that have you earned the right to elaborate."
JoeMorgue is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th October 2020, 10:12 AM   #1372
TahiniBinShawarma
Muse
 
Join Date: May 2020
Posts: 756
Originally Posted by JoeMorgue View Post
Okay here's a link. It's in the thread called "Bill Barr and his October Surprise" on the International Skeptic Forums message board. You can find it with Google.

Stop trying to get out of being arguing into a corner by giving us fetch quests to complete that we both know you'll just deny when we complete anyway.

Haha cop out. You can't cite, and you can't quote it, because it never happened. You aren't helping yourself by going down this road. You're losing credibility by the post.
TahiniBinShawarma is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th October 2020, 10:13 AM   #1373
TahiniBinShawarma
Muse
 
Join Date: May 2020
Posts: 756
Originally Posted by JoeMorgue View Post
I'm comfortable with anyone reading this thread and judging my credibility.

Same here, they all see that I never attacked anyone for doubting the claim of child porn on the laptop, and they can see I never supported the claim. They also see the ones here claiming the opposite and that you can't cite to support your claim.
TahiniBinShawarma is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th October 2020, 10:22 AM   #1374
Bogative
Graduate Poster
 
Bogative's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 1,586
Originally Posted by Dr. Keith View Post
Do you actually read that as an admission by Hunter of bad things rather than Hunter calling out someone making up BS about him? Weird.

The gatewaypundit posted pictures this morning of Hunter standing in a doorway while wearing nothing but a robe and the robe is wide open exposing his genitalia . In the room behind him is a person who has been blurred so as they are not recognizable and who is claimed to be a minor. So, yeah, I think I will remain skeptical about Hunter's claims of someone making up BS for the time being.
Bogative is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th October 2020, 10:27 AM   #1375
Dr. Keith
Not a doctor.
 
Dr. Keith's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Texas
Posts: 22,020
Originally Posted by Bogative View Post
The gatewaypundit posted pictures this morning of Hunter standing in a doorway while wearing nothing but a robe and the robe is wide open exposing his genitalia . In the room behind him is a person who has been blurred so as they are not recognizable and who is claimed to be a minor. So, yeah, I think I will remain skeptical about Hunter's claims of someone making up BS for the time being.
That must have been very exciting for you.

I can't imagine there are very many pictures of drug addicts being stupid in this world. It is really amazing that "the gatewaypundit" was able to find one. Next they'll have a rare photo of a kitty being adorable.

All sarcasm aside, I will not vote for Hunter or the kitty.
__________________
Suffering is not a punishment not a fruit of sin, it is a gift of God.
He allows us to share in His suffering and to make up for the sins of the world. -Mother Teresa

If I had a pet panda I would name it Snowflake.
Dr. Keith is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th October 2020, 10:28 AM   #1376
TheL8Elvis
Philosopher
 
TheL8Elvis's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 8,276
Originally Posted by Bogative View Post
The gatewaypundit posted pictures this morning of Hunter standing in a doorway while wearing nothing but a robe and the robe is wide open exposing his genitalia . In the room behind him is a person who has been blurred so as they are not recognizable and who is claimed to be a minor. So, yeah, I think I will remain skeptical about Hunter's claims of someone making up BS for the time being.
Yup, so ... still not voting for hunter.
__________________
"There is a cult of ignorance in the United States...nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'" - Isaac Asimov
TheL8Elvis is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th October 2020, 10:38 AM   #1377
TahiniBinShawarma
Muse
 
Join Date: May 2020
Posts: 756
Originally Posted by wareyin View Post

So, guess I will ask: when you jumped in here to laugh at everyone doubting this story and report how Giuliani had dropped off the laptop with the Delaware PD for child porn, did you believe he was lying or telling the truth? When you argued that the FBI having this info for 10 months without doing anything didn't mean anything it could still be true, were you defending the claim and did you still believe the claim at that time? Do you still believe it?

1. He did drop the laptop off

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...es/6005040002/

2. How do you know the FBI isn't doing anything?

3. Do I still believe what?

I notice you still won't back up the claim that I attacked posters here for doubting or rejecting the claim of child porn on the laptop)hard drive), or of me supporting or believing the claim of child porn on the laptop. Also, because you have not backed up your claim(because you can't) shouldn't you retract the claim? Or are you comfortable being openly dishonest?

Last edited by TahiniBinShawarma; 28th October 2020 at 10:43 AM.
TahiniBinShawarma is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th October 2020, 10:43 AM   #1378
Minoosh
Penultimate Amazing
 
Minoosh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 12,117
Originally Posted by Bogative View Post
The gatewaypundit posted pictures this morning of Hunter standing in a doorway while wearing nothing but a robe and the robe is wide open exposing his genitalia . In the room behind him is a person who has been blurred so as they are not recognizable and who is claimed to be a minor.
"Is claimed" by whom?

From Gateway Pundit:''

Quote:
In another text message from Hunter to a family friend, Hunter shares that his mother, Jill Biden,
Jill Biden is not Hunter's mother. Kind of a big honking error IMO.

I've lost track, how did these texts come to light?
Minoosh is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th October 2020, 10:45 AM   #1379
Bogative
Graduate Poster
 
Bogative's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 1,586
Originally Posted by Gulliver Foyle View Post
Edit, and a quick google shows that the tapes were uploaded in China to a website owned by Guo Wengui and Steve Bannon. If the tape isn't a fake then I'm literally a monkey's uncle.

Tapes. By my count there are six videos where Hunter's face is clearly visible and one where only his body can be seen. However, the person in the video is wearing the same bracelets, ring and necklaces that Hunter has been on video and in photos wearing also. I guess you could claim fakery on that as well but it would be awful strange for the Russians to hire a body double to fake another porn video of Hunter because the first 6 weren't enough?

There are also dozens of photos now. You could claim that a handful of them are fake because the header data says they were taken in the District of Columbia, Maryland and Delaware. Everybody knows that Hunter lives in California so for some reason it's impossible for him to be anywhere other than California.
Bogative is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th October 2020, 10:46 AM   #1380
varwoche
Penultimate Amazing
 
varwoche's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Puget Sound
Posts: 15,371
I shall now point out the error in your thinking.
Originally Posted by Dr. Keith View Post
Why would anyone trust Tucker when Fox says you can not trust Tucker?

U.S. District Judge Mary Kay Vyskocil wrote: "Fox persuasively argues, that given Mr. Carlson's reputation, any reasonable viewer 'arrive[s] with an appropriate amount of skepticism' about the statement he makes."

The "'general tenor' of the show should then inform a viewer that [Carlson] is not 'stating actual facts' about the topics he discusses and is instead engaging in 'exaggeration' and 'non-literal commentary.' "
__________________
To survive election season on a skeptics forum, one must understand Hymie-the-Robot.
My authority is total - Trump
varwoche is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th October 2020, 10:48 AM   #1381
Minoosh
Penultimate Amazing
 
Minoosh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 12,117
Originally Posted by TahiniBinShawarma View Post
That article, from last week and already discussed, does not say Hunter dropped the laptop off.
Minoosh is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th October 2020, 10:50 AM   #1382
TahiniBinShawarma
Muse
 
Join Date: May 2020
Posts: 756
Originally Posted by Minoosh View Post
That article, from last week and already discussed, does not say Hunter dropped the laptop off.
The context was Rudy dropping the laptop/drive/copy to the New Castle County PD.
TahiniBinShawarma is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th October 2020, 10:51 AM   #1383
Minoosh
Penultimate Amazing
 
Minoosh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 12,117
Originally Posted by Dr. Keith View Post
I can't imagine there are very many pictures of drug addicts being stupid in this world. It is really amazing that "the gatewaypundit" was able to find one.
I love how they blurred the photo with alarming red scratchy marks. Much scarier than simply pixilating.

I admire how Joe is staying on message.
Minoosh is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th October 2020, 10:58 AM   #1384
Minoosh
Penultimate Amazing
 
Minoosh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 12,117
Originally Posted by TahiniBinShawarma View Post
The context was Rudy dropping the laptop/drive/copy to the New Castle County PD.
OK, my bad. But the lie alleged wasn't about whether Rudy dropped off the "laptop." It was about how he characterized the contents.
Minoosh is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th October 2020, 11:05 AM   #1385
wareyin
Philosopher
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Georgia, USA
Posts: 8,155
Originally Posted by TahiniBinShawarma View Post
1. He did drop the laptop off

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...es/6005040002/

2. How do you know the FBI isn't doing anything?

3. Do I still believe what?

I notice you still won't back up the claim that I attacked posters here for doubting or rejecting the claim of child porn on the laptop)hard drive), or of me supporting or believing the claim of child porn on the laptop. Also, because you have not backed up your claim(because you can't) shouldn't you retract the claim? Or are you comfortable being openly dishonest?
I'm comfortable with not playing an endless game of fetch for you when your first attempt backfired in your face.

You do get that your JAQ 2. is you defending the claim, right? You're literally doing it in the very post where you demand I prove you're doing it.
wareyin is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th October 2020, 11:15 AM   #1386
TahiniBinShawarma
Muse
 
Join Date: May 2020
Posts: 756
Originally Posted by wareyin View Post
I'm comfortable with not playing an endless game of fetch for you when your first attempt backfired in your face.

You do get that your JAQ 2. is you defending the claim, right? You're literally doing it in the very post where you demand I prove you're doing it.
Nothing backfired in my face, have you looked in a mirror? Your face is charred from making a claim you can't support. You can't seem to differentiate between me posting what someone else claims, and my claims. The cite provided for me accepting as true the claim that there is child porn on the laptop/drive/copy does no such thing, nor does it support me attacking anyone who doubts the claim.

The only reason it's endless is because you keep making claims you can't support because they aren't true. Citing me supporting the child porn claim or attacking one who doubts it would end it. You can't, and I'll keep reminding people of that.

"You're literally doing it in the very post where you demand I prove you're doing it."


Wrong, it's a comprehension problem on your part if you think that.

Cite me supporting the claim that there is child porn on the laptop/drive/copy, or cite me attacking someone doubting the claim of child porn on the laptop/drive/copy. Otherwise you will continue to look dishonest. Or, you know......you can retract the erroneous claim.

Last edited by TahiniBinShawarma; 28th October 2020 at 11:32 AM.
TahiniBinShawarma is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th October 2020, 11:19 AM   #1387
Bogative
Graduate Poster
 
Bogative's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 1,586
Originally Posted by Minoosh View Post
"Is claimed" by whom?
Several people who have seen the hard drive.

Quote:
From Gateway Pundit:''

Jill Biden is not Hunter's mother. Kind of a big honking error IMO.
Well that's it, everything else is fake because the gatewaypundit said "mom" instead of "stepmom."
Also…
Quote:
In another touching memory, Biden wrote that one time, a fact-checker called his office in a state of confusion about a story that was soon to be published. The fact-checker knew that Neilia had passed away, but when she asked Beau and Hunter about their "stepmom," they replied, "Oh, no. We don't have a stepmom," as Joe recalled in Promises to Keep.

Biden heartfully concluded, "Beau and Hunter had long since made their choice: Jill was Mom."


Link


Quote:
I've lost track, how did these texts come to light?
From the computer hard drive of a well-known junkie who was dragged all around the world by his daddy on Air Force 2.
Bogative is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th October 2020, 11:36 AM   #1388
Foggy of the Fogbow
Thinker
 
Foggy of the Fogbow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 147
Originally Posted by TahiniBinShawarma View Post
This is a pitiful attempt to distract that a poster here attributed a position to me that I obviously never made. There are pages and pages of a discussion about the claims regarding the laptop.
Sometimes, you know, people are able to stop saying "That's not my position! That was falsely attributed to me as my position that I obviously never made!"

And then, in a spasm of actual honesty, they can tell us what their position actually is. Like, y'know, do they believe the actual smear? Do they really believe that Hunter Biden travelled 3,000 miles from his home to give a few laptops to a blind Trump supporter? Do they understand that Giuliani stuck his hand down his pants because he didn't want to get an erection with his penis folded over (ouch, that can be really painful, I know that from personal experience).

Sometimes I wonder, if you're making a lot of noise that people falsely attributed a position you never made, maybe you could tell us what your actual position IS.

For example, my position is that they don't have any laptop computers at all that belonged to Hunter Biden, the whole thing is a dirty fraud that was intended to be an October Surprise, the fraud folded like a penis in cheap underwear, and the only real Trump supporters remaining support Trump because of his racism and cruelty. Prove me wrong.

Last edited by Foggy of the Fogbow; 28th October 2020 at 11:38 AM. Reason: MY MOM MADE ME.
Foggy of the Fogbow is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th October 2020, 11:38 AM   #1389
JoeMorgue
Self Employed
Remittance Man
 
JoeMorgue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Florida
Posts: 29,885
People who have argued themselves into a corner always want to talk a lot about what their position isn't and never about what their position is.

I'll assume this will be more of the same until proven otherwise.
__________________
Yahtzee: "You're doing that thing again where when asked a question you just discuss the philosophy of the question instead of answering the bloody question."
Gabriel: "Well yeah, you see..."
Yahtzee: "No. When you are asked a Yes or No question the first word out of your mouth needs to be Yes or No. Only after that have you earned the right to elaborate."
JoeMorgue is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th October 2020, 11:39 AM   #1390
Babbylonian
Penultimate Amazing
 
Babbylonian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 13,424
Originally Posted by Bogative View Post
Well that's it, everything else is fake because the gatewaypundit said "mom" instead of "stepmom."
It's nobody else's fault that you rely on a garbage source for your garbage information.
Babbylonian is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th October 2020, 11:52 AM   #1391
TahiniBinShawarma
Muse
 
Join Date: May 2020
Posts: 756
Originally Posted by JoeMorgue View Post
People who have argued themselves into a corner always want to talk a lot about what their position isn't and never about what their position is.

I'll assume this will be more of the same until proven otherwise.
Conversely, some people wait to see all there is without rejecting or supporting. It's a developing story.

I've actually posted things which tend to support something shady with regard to the release. People have construed my position into support of everything re the laptop/drive/copy. They ignored what I handed them on a silver platter, and attacked me without considering the content of what I posted, if they even bothered to look at it.
TahiniBinShawarma is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th October 2020, 11:52 AM   #1392
kookbreaker
Evil Fokker
 
kookbreaker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Posts: 13,068
Originally Posted by Babbylonian View Post
It's nobody else's fault that you rely on a garbage source for your garbage information.
Hey, Gateway Pundit only bought into Jacob Wohl's Mueller sex scandal, why would they be considered unreliable in the least? Don't shoot the messenger man....
__________________
www.spectrum-scientifics.com <- My store of science toys, instruments and general fun!

Thanks for helping me win Best Toys in Philly Voter in 2011,2012, and 2014! We won' be discussing the disappointment that was 2013.
kookbreaker is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th October 2020, 11:54 AM   #1393
Elagabalus
Philosopher
 
Elagabalus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 6,896
Originally Posted by JoeMorgue View Post
Well yeah but that doesn't matter, or at least doesn't matter as much as it should.

This was a smear job, not an actual investigation. So no matter how much it gets disproven now the cult members will still believe it and at least some more mainstream voters now still have a mental connection between Biden and something shady.
I'm starting to think that one of those Russian broads who Hunter was hanging out with in LA probably slipped him a Michael Finn and took the photo with an incapacitated Hunter and the crack pipe.
Elagabalus is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th October 2020, 11:54 AM   #1394
dirtywick
Master Poster
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 2,868
Originally Posted by TahiniBinShawarma View Post
Conversely, some people wait to see all there is without rejecting or supporting. It's a developing story.

I've actually posted things which tend to support something shady with regard to the release. People have construed my position into support of everything re the laptop/drive/copy. They ignored what I handed them on a silver platter, and attacked me without considering the content of what I posted, if they even bothered to look at it.
Oh god, I wonder how people got that impression. Must be everyone else and not you at all.
dirtywick is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th October 2020, 11:55 AM   #1395
TahiniBinShawarma
Muse
 
Join Date: May 2020
Posts: 756
Originally Posted by JoeMorgue View Post
People who have argued themselves into a corner always want to talk a lot about what their position isn't and never about what their position is.

I'll assume this will be more of the same until proven otherwise.
Your position is I attacked those who doubt the claim of child porn on the laptop and that I believed the claim of child porn on the laptop. No evidence forthcoming on your claim, nor will there be because you made it up. How's that corner behind you? Not much room, you're jammed in there pretty tight. A retraction on your claim would go a long way to showing honesty on your part.
TahiniBinShawarma is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th October 2020, 12:01 PM   #1396
TahiniBinShawarma
Muse
 
Join Date: May 2020
Posts: 756
Originally Posted by dirtywick View Post
Oh god, I wonder how people got that impression. Must be everyone else and not you at all.
Not everyone, certain posters who outright lie about what I've said, yes.
TahiniBinShawarma is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th October 2020, 12:04 PM   #1397
kookbreaker
Evil Fokker
 
kookbreaker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Posts: 13,068
Originally Posted by TahiniBinShawarma View Post
Conversely, some people wait to see all there is without rejecting or supporting. It's a developing story.

I've actually posted things which tend to support something shady with regard to the release. People have construed my position into support of everything re the laptop/drive/copy. They ignored what I handed them on a silver platter, and attacked me without considering the content of what I posted, if they even bothered to look at it.
From your first posts in this thread:

"Also, Bannon, Giuliani, the guy from the video, and virus conspiracy chick in the mirror. Bannon is behind Giuliani. So while you are screaming Russia, it's more than likely China. Although, I haven't seen anything to say the laptop wasn't Hunter's, or that it was a hack. If anyone has evidence of that, I'd like to see it. The Campaign/Biden haven't alleged that.


People here are stuck on Russia/Ukraine/Burisma, the incriminating stuff is the China allegations.

Also, FoxNews supposedly contacted someone in the email chain regarding Chinese business FWIW. They supposedly authenticated the email."

******

"Because you've been told that the sky is falling and there are Russians under your bed, and you believe it?"

******

"Also, Peter Schweitzer has 26,000 emails given to him by Hunter Biden's business partner Bevan Cooney who is now in jail. So there's that."

******

"I'm not sure why you would say that, given the emails supposedly have Hunter saying "Pop" makes him give half the money to him in one, and 10 million in Chinese money is for "the big man" in another."

Can't imagine how people got the idea you thought this was legit.
__________________
www.spectrum-scientifics.com <- My store of science toys, instruments and general fun!

Thanks for helping me win Best Toys in Philly Voter in 2011,2012, and 2014! We won' be discussing the disappointment that was 2013.
kookbreaker is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th October 2020, 12:06 PM   #1398
Babbylonian
Penultimate Amazing
 
Babbylonian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 13,424
Originally Posted by kookbreaker View Post
Hey, Gateway Pundit only bought into Jacob Wohl's Mueller sex scandal, why would they be considered unreliable in the least? Don't shoot the messenger man....
I think you're being unfair. I doubt they ever actually bought into it. They just don't care whether or not anything they publish is true.
Babbylonian is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th October 2020, 12:08 PM   #1399
Elagabalus
Philosopher
 
Elagabalus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 6,896
Originally Posted by Dr. Keith View Post
That must have been very exciting for you.

I can't imagine there are very many pictures of drug addicts being stupid in this world. It is really amazing that "the gatewaypundit" was able to find one. Next they'll have a rare photo of a kitty being adorable.

All sarcasm aside, I will not vote for Hunter or the kitty.
Dog person, eh?
Elagabalus is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th October 2020, 12:15 PM   #1400
TahiniBinShawarma
Muse
 
Join Date: May 2020
Posts: 756
Originally Posted by kookbreaker View Post
From your first posts in this thread:

"Also, Bannon, Giuliani, the guy from the video, and virus conspiracy chick in the mirror. Bannon is behind Giuliani. So while you are screaming Russia, it's more than likely China. Although, I haven't seen anything to say the laptop wasn't Hunter's, or that it was a hack. If anyone has evidence of that, I'd like to see it. The Campaign/Biden haven't alleged that.


People here are stuck on Russia/Ukraine/Burisma, the incriminating stuff is the China allegations.

Also, FoxNews supposedly contacted someone in the email chain regarding Chinese business FWIW. They supposedly authenticated the email."

******

"Because you've been told that the sky is falling and there are Russians under your bed, and you believe it?"

******

"Also, Peter Schweitzer has 26,000 emails given to him by Hunter Biden's business partner Bevan Cooney who is now in jail. So there's that."

******

"I'm not sure why you would say that, given the emails supposedly have Hunter saying "Pop" makes him give half the money to him in one, and 10 million in Chinese money is for "the big man" in another."

Can't imagine how people got the idea you thought this was legit.

Me either, there is a clear difference in posting the actual claims, and saying you believe them

Sorry if you had a problem with me pointing out what the actual claims were.
TahiniBinShawarma is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Reply

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:17 PM.
Powered by vBulletin. Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

This forum began as part of the James Randi Education Foundation (JREF). However, the forum now exists as
an independent entity with no affiliation with or endorsement by the JREF, including the section in reference to "JREF" topics.

Disclaimer: Messages posted in the Forum are solely the opinion of their authors.