IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags 2020 elections , donald trump , election conspiracies , Jenna Ellis , Lin Wood , rudy giuliani , Sidney Powell

Old 26th November 2020, 07:44 PM   #801
eerok
Quixoticist

Originally Posted by Skeptic Ginger View Post
I would imagine neither Melania nor Trump will be living in NY for a while.

I do wonder about Jared and Ivanka though.
I read somewhere that they were not welcome in NYC, but this seemed a strange thing to say. Who could stop them?
Old 26th November 2020, 07:49 PM   #802
dmaker
Graduate Poster

Vanity Fair has ran a few articles recently about the cold shoulder that Javanka is about to get in NYC.
dmaker is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 27th November 2020, 12:42 AM   #803
Craig4
Penultimate Amazing

Trump's new conference on Thursday was great. He's really suffering heh, heh, heh. He should be careful, that much stress isn't good for a man in his condition.
Old 27th November 2020, 01:44 AM   #804
Dave Rogers
Bandaged ice that stampedes inexpensively through a scribbled morning waving necessary ankles

Originally Posted by Bubba View Post
Why Trump signed that pesky Executive Order 13848 :
I just realised that all this 'Executive Order 13848' stuff is just a call-out to Red Dwarf.

RIMMER: 'I don't know what it is you think you're doing, but boarding this vessel is an act of war, ergo, we surrender...and as prisoners of war, I'm invoking All-Nations Agreement Article 39436175880932/B.'

KRYTEN: '39436175880932/B? "All nations attending the conference are only allocated one parking space?" Is that entirely relevant sir? I mean, here we are, in mortal danger and you're worried about the Chinese delegates bringing two cars.'

Dave
(No, not that one)

- President Joseph R. Biden, January 20th, 2021
Dave Rogers is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 27th November 2020, 02:02 AM   #805
Matthew Ellard
Illuminator

Originally Posted by Dave Rogers View Post
I just realised that all this 'Executive Order 13848' stuff is just a call-out to Red Dwarf.
You got it. Bubba refuses to read it. It is about financial sanctions on foreign countries and nothing to do with US Democrats. Bubba simply copies anything he can, to this forum, that other Q-Anon fans tell him to.

It's fun to watch him getting more and more desperate.
Matthew Ellard is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 27th November 2020, 03:35 AM   #806
smartcooky
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Dave Rogers View Post

RIMMER: 'I don't know what it is you think you're doing, but boarding this vessel is an act of war, ergo, we surrender...and as prisoners of war, I'm invoking All-Nations Agreement Article 39436175880932/B.'

KRYTEN: '39436175880932/B? "All nations attending the conference are only allocated one parking space?" Is that entirely relevant sir? I mean, here we are, in mortal danger and you're worried about the Chinese delegates bringing two cars.'

Dave
(No, not that one)

Of course!!!!!!! Dave, you've just nailed it....

Sidney Powell has RELEASED THE KRYTEN!!!
If you don't like my posts, my opinions, or my directness then put me on your ignore list. This will be of benefit to both of us; you won't have to take umbrage at my posts, and I won't have to waste my time talking to you... simples! !
smartcooky is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 27th November 2020, 04:18 AM   #807
Susheel
Graduate Poster

I will admit that I was, at various times, tempted to bait him with one of those bizarre narratives from the SCP wiki. Couldn't find one relating to a voting machine or even an ATM. Though there was one about a soda dispenser.
Old 27th November 2020, 09:35 AM   #808
Hans
Philosopher

Originally Posted by smartcooky View Post
Of course!!!!!!! Dave, you've just nailed it....

Sidney Powell has RELEASED THE KRYTEN!!!
I would rather enjoy that.
Hans is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 27th November 2020, 08:01 PM   #809
Matthew Ellard
Illuminator

Originally Posted by Hans View Post
I would rather enjoy that.
Here you go!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Sidney Dwarf 1.jpg (84.8 KB, 11 views)
Matthew Ellard is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 27th November 2020, 10:36 PM   #810
Checkmite
Skepticifimisticalationist

Originally Posted by eerok View Post
I read somewhere that they were not welcome in NYC, but this seemed a strange thing to say. Who could stop them?
From what I've read, they've been taking steps to establish a residence in New Jersey.

Sure nobody can physically stop them from living in New York; but if they're effectively blacklisted from the social calendar what's the point?
Checkmite is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th November 2020, 06:24 AM   #811
eerok
Quixoticist

Originally Posted by Checkmite View Post
From what I've read, they've been taking steps to establish a residence in New Jersey.

Sure nobody can physically stop them from living in New York; but if they're effectively blacklisted from the social calendar what's the point?
I think they've only ever lived in New York, so they must have a social life there. It's hard to understand, but there are still a lot of Americans who admire them.
Old 28th November 2020, 06:35 AM   #812
abaddon
Penultimate Amazing

Holy moley. You are dead wrong.

Is this a mini waterloo for you? What else are you so wrong about?

Will you claim it is a faked video?? Or cover your eyes and ears??

Hillary says Biden "Should not concede under any circumstances" at 0.28

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L2vP29_KDJA
Hillary can say whatever she wants. Why you think Hillary is even vaguely relevant to THIS election is anyone's guess.

Biden won, trump lost and that is the end of it.

...love and buttercakes...
abaddon is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th November 2020, 10:00 AM   #813
Babbylonian
Penultimate Amazing

I think they've only ever lived in New York, so they must have a social life there. It's hard to understand, but there are still a lot of Americans who admire them.
Admiration is irrelevant to maintaining social relationships in NYFRF (New York For Rich Folks). As long as they're perceived as being among the wealthy elite, they'll continue to have "friends." Add in their kitsch value and the party invitations will continue in perpetuity.
Babbylonian is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th November 2020, 01:53 PM   #814
Checkmite
Skepticifimisticalationist

But most of those people do not live in New York; and the ones that do, don't belong to high society there by and large.

Oh it's certainly true that they will never want for party invitations. There are low-key white-supremacist functions all over the country, and they are celebrities in that circle now.

But New York high society is heavily liberal, and the Trump family has uniquely politicized itself far beyond the point where the issue can be politely ignored; their new identity as far-right figureheads has utterly eclipsed the "real estate baron" identity they held previously.

As far as I know, it is a fact that they are moving out of New York.

Last edited by Checkmite; 28th November 2020 at 01:54 PM.
Checkmite is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th November 2020, 01:54 PM   #815
trustbutverify
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Babbylonian View Post
Admiration is irrelevant to maintaining social relationships in NYFRF (New York For Rich Folks). As long as they're perceived as being among the wealthy elite, they'll continue to have "friends." Add in their kitsch value and the party invitations will continue in perpetuity.
There will be a brief lull, followed by a massive increase.

Wollen owns the stage
trustbutverify is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th November 2020, 02:13 PM   #816
smartcooky
Penultimate Amazing

Holy moley. You are dead wrong.

Is this a mini waterloo for you? What else are you so wrong about?

Will you claim it is a faked video?? Or cover your eyes and ears??

Hillary says Biden "Should not concede under any circumstances" at 0.28

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L2vP29_KDJA
1. Clicks YT link
2. Sees that video was uploaded by TheDove
3. Closes window without watching

TheDove is a right-wing fundy Christian radio station run by United Christian Broadcasters who are based right here in New Zealand. NZers will know them as Radio Rhema, an organisation that supported such wonderful politicians as the Christian Heritage Party's Graham Capill convicted kiddie fiddler and rapist.

Thanks for the link, but, no thanks.
If you don't like my posts, my opinions, or my directness then put me on your ignore list. This will be of benefit to both of us; you won't have to take umbrage at my posts, and I won't have to waste my time talking to you... simples! !
smartcooky is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th November 2020, 02:29 PM   #817
dudalb
Penultimate Amazing

I think that she claimed a dictator who has been dead for several years was involved in stealing the election says all you need to know about Powell. She was so wacky that even Trump felt she had to go.

Robert Heinlein.
dudalb is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th November 2020, 05:30 PM   #818
abaddon
Penultimate Amazing

1. Clicks YT link
2. Sees that video was uploaded by TheDove
3. Closes window without watching

TheDove is a right-wing fundy Christian radio station run by United Christian Broadcasters who are based right here in New Zealand. NZers will know them as Radio Rhema, an organisation that supported such wonderful politicians as the Christian Heritage Party's Graham Capill convicted kiddie fiddler and rapist.

Thanks for the link, but, no thanks.
Seems odd that any Q follower would promote pedos. I wonder why that is?

...love and buttercakes...
abaddon is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th November 2020, 05:59 PM   #819
Trebuchet
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by abaddon View Post
Seems odd that any Q follower would promote pedos. I wonder why that is?
Did you see the way them kids was dressed? They was askin' fur it!
Old 28th November 2020, 09:03 PM   #820
smartcooky
Penultimate Amazing

For those who like a bit of humor in their politics, you might find this a bit of fun

https://www.patheos.com/blogs/rollto...bizarro-world/

Not going to summarize it except to post a couple of short quotes, and a bit about the blogger - that's enough to give the general tone.
The problem Trump’s having — along with almost all of his fanbase — is that the reasons he offers only work on his fanbase. They don’t work in reality, because they’re not based on facts at all.

And that’s because Donald Trump’s fanbase long ago discarded the practice of evaluating objective facts when assessing claims. What he offers is a coin that fundagelicals accept — but it’s not a coin accepted by any reality-based people.

More and more, a gulf widens between fundagelicals and the rest of us. That gulf is defined by reality itself.
Truth, Morality, and Facts.
For years now, fundagelicals have sniffed down their noses at us poor widdle heathens who exist in a state they call postmodernism. Their imagined definition probably bears as much resemblance to actual postmodernism as I bear to Coco Chanel. I’m willing to bet most fundagelicals wouldn’t recognize actual postmodernism if it showed up for dinner in neon-blue formalwear and a nametag.
About the blogger
Captain Cassidy grew up fervently Catholic, converted to the SBC in her teens, and became a Pentecostal shortly afterward. She even volunteered in church (choir, Sunday School) and married an aspiring preacher! But then--record scratch!--she brought everything to a screeching halt when she deconverted in her mid-20s. That was 25 years ago. Now a comfortable None, she blogs on Roll to Disbelieve about psychology, pop culture, politics, relationships, cats, gaming, and more--and where they all intersect with religion. She lives with an adored and adoring husband named Mr. Captain and a sweet, squawky orange tabby cat named Princess Bother Pretty Toes. At any given time, she's running out of bookcase space

Warning: If you are one of this forum's many Trump sycophants, you're going to HATE this.
Old 28th November 2020, 09:13 PM   #821
The Great Zaganza
Maledictorian

For his supporters, it's proof of his commitment to the cause of 'Murica Uber Alles' that he doesn't bother with facts.
Old 28th November 2020, 09:15 PM   #822
Resume
Troublesome Passenger

Remember when Kellyanne Con babbled about alternative facts?

She wasn't kidding.
Resume is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th November 2020, 10:30 AM   #823
Craig4
Penultimate Amazing

Wow, Trump just went totally insane on Fox. It was his first "interview" though the clips I saw made it clear there was no journalism happening. Maria Bartiromo egged the Trump on, supporting his delusions and never bothered to fact check or challenge him when he lied. "Reliable Sources" covered the interview but only Bartiromo's abject failure as a journalist. The latest bit of craziness is that the DOJ and FBI helped the fraud. Not even a follow-up question on that one. Bartiromo used to be a real financial reporter. It's sad to see someone sell out so completely like that.
Old 29th November 2020, 10:47 AM   #824
eerok
Quixoticist

Originally Posted by Craig4 View Post
Wow, Trump just went totally insane on Fox. It was his first "interview" though the clips I saw made it clear there was no journalism happening. Maria Bartiromo egged the Trump on, supporting his delusions and never bothered to fact check or challenge him when he lied. "Reliable Sources" covered the interview but only Bartiromo's abject failure as a journalist. The latest bit of craziness is that the DOJ and FBI helped the fraud. Not even a follow-up question on that one. Bartiromo used to be a real financial reporter. It's sad to see someone sell out so completely like that.
Yeah, that was pretty pathetic.

President Trump joins ‘Sunday Morning Futures’ [video.foxnews.com]
Old 29th November 2020, 10:57 AM   #825
Bubba
Philosopher

Your sources are not reporting this?? ( Fire them )

Major election fraud by Dominion machines

...the term pre-loaded is exactly the right term I would use. Pre-loaded votes. Pre-loaded ballots. Again, I would point this out to our audience look at these pieces of documents. They are signed. We have 70,000 voters. Exactly 4,140 ballots were already scanned by 140 voting machines days before the election. That’s over six and seven percent.”

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/202...ections-video/

Last edited by Bubba; 29th November 2020 at 10:59 AM.
Bubba is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th November 2020, 11:03 AM   #826
eerok
Quixoticist

Your sources are not reporting this?? Fire them.
I've been sampling the Gateway Pundit site occasionally just for laughs. Those guys are loonerific. It's a full buffet of idiocy for the alt-right.

One thing they're not is a news source.
Old 29th November 2020, 11:15 AM   #827
The Great Zaganza
Maledictorian

...the term pre-loaded is exactly the right term I would use. Pre-loaded votes. Pre-loaded ballots. Again, I would point this out to our audience look at these pieces of documents. They are signed. We have 70,000 voters. Exactly 4,140 ballots were already scanned by 140 voting machines days before the election. That’s over six and seven percent.”

one would think that Trump could get a judge to rule on this.

But he can't because he is a loser.
Old 29th November 2020, 11:26 AM   #828
Resume
Troublesome Passenger

Originally Posted by The Great Zaganza View Post
one would think that Trump could get a judge to rule on this.

But he can't because he is a loser.
Rudy (and crew) never alleged fraud because he knew he'd be sanctioned. Looney-tunes Sydney doesn't seem to mind so it will be amusing to see what the judges do to her for bringing nonsense instead of evidence.
Resume is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th November 2020, 11:41 AM   #829
eerok
Quixoticist

Originally Posted by Resume View Post
Rudy (and crew) never alleged fraud because he knew he'd be sanctioned. Looney-tunes Sydney doesn't seem to mind so it will be amusing to see what the judges do to her for bringing nonsense instead of evidence.
It looks like judges are going out of their way to be tolerant of these legal atrocities. I'd've expected Rudy to be disbarred by now. I think it's likely they'll just continue to ignore Sidney.
Old 29th November 2020, 11:45 AM   #830
Bubba
Philosopher

More election fraud by Dominion, in Manila

Sorry bad link

See #835 for Manila election fraud, by dominion machines

Last edited by Bubba; 29th November 2020 at 12:05 PM.
Bubba is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th November 2020, 11:57 AM   #831
gnome
Penultimate Amazing

Right on to the next case? No interest in examining the one that you dropped in a few posts ago? Comes across as someone without the courage of their convictions, that is instead just throwing everything that sounds bad up at the board and then running away.

gnome is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th November 2020, 11:59 AM   #832
eerok
Quixoticist

Here's a better one:

FRAUD REWARDED IS FRAUD REPEATED: GA Secretary of State Raffensperger Approves Extended Mail-in Voting, Ballot Harvesting and Drop Boxes — ASSURES DEMOCRAT STEAL IN GEORGIA RUNOFFS [thegatewaypundit.com]
Quote:
Corrupt Georgia Governor Brian Kemp and Secretary of State Brad Raffensperger are to blame for the stolen presidential election in Georgia.
Obviously there's no point in Republicans even bothering to vote in the Georgia run off. It's all rigged anyway! They should just stay home!
Old 29th November 2020, 12:01 PM   #833
smartcooky
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Craig4 View Post
"I am the President of the United states, and they say I don't have standing".
He clearly is frustrated by the limits of presidential power - that the courts don't jump to attention and do what he wants, when he wants.

"If the Supreme Court won't take one of my cases, then what is the point if the Supreme Court"
He clearly doesn't understand that the legal system doesn't work the way it does on TV courtroom and police procedural dramas such as "Law & Order" - appeals to higher courts are not there to use because you don't get the result you want in the lower court.

He also clearly has no idea what the term "checks and balances" means
Old 29th November 2020, 12:01 PM   #834
Resume
Troublesome Passenger

Originally Posted by gnome View Post
Right on to the next case? No interest in examining the one that you dropped in a few posts ago? Comes across as someone without the courage of their convictions, that is instead just throwing everything that sounds bad up at the board and then running away.
Bubba had an endless supply of red herrings which he sets out in an array behind the boat.
Old 29th November 2020, 12:02 PM   #835
Bubba
Philosopher

Dominion fraud abroad

Michelle, the term pre-loaded is exactly the right term I would use right here in Manila. Pre-loaded votes. Pre-loaded ballots. Again, I would point this out to our audience look at these pieces of documents. They are signed. We have 70,000 voters. Exactly 4,140 ballots were already scanned by 140 voting machines days before the election. That’s over six and seven percent.”

Old 29th November 2020, 12:03 PM   #836
Resume
Troublesome Passenger

"I am the President of the United states, and they say I don't have standing".

"If the Supreme Court won't take one of my cases, then what is the point if the Supreme Court"
Nah, he's not nuts . . . or pig-ignorant.
Old 29th November 2020, 12:05 PM   #837
eerok
Quixoticist

He also clearly has no idea what the term "checks and balances" means
Sure he does. Checks are always in the mail, and bank balances are what you hide from prospective investors.
Old 29th November 2020, 12:06 PM   #838
eerok
Quixoticist

Dominion fraud abroad

Michelle, the term pre-loaded is exactly the right term I would use right here in Manila. Pre-loaded votes. Pre-loaded ballots. Again, I would point this out to our audience look at these pieces of documents. They are signed. We have 70,000 voters. Exactly 4,140 ballots were already scanned by 140 voting machines days before the election. That’s over six and seven percent.”

If it was that easy to cheat, Trump would've won.
Old 29th November 2020, 12:10 PM   #839
trustbutverify
Philosopher

Sorry bad link

See #835 for Manila election fraud, by dominion machines
You're becoming frantic.

Wollen owns the stage
trustbutverify is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th November 2020, 12:12 PM   #840
trustbutverify
Philosopher

Do you have any legitimate sources?

Wollen owns the stage

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories