ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Social Issues & Current Events

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags anti-vaxxers , diet issues , parenting incidents , parenting issues , veganism

Old Yesterday, 03:56 AM   #161
TragicMonkey
Poisoned Waffles

What's the vegan stance on breastfeeding?
Old Yesterday, 05:34 AM   #162
JoeMorgue
Self Employed
Remittance Man

Originally Posted by TragicMonkey View Post
The general consensus (obvious but still sadly necessary disclaimer that opinions differ) is that breastmilk is compatible with being vegan/vegetarian. Most of the opinions a quick Google search returned to me hinged on the fact that since human mothers are capable of voluntarily giving up the breastmilk, the moral qualms with the use of animal products doesn't apply.

https://www.peta.org/living/food/is-breastmilk-vegan/

https://www.vegansociety.com/resourc...-breastfeeding

I'm sure some Vegan Purity Bobs exist out there who take a contrarian stance if you go look for them, but they seem to be a very small minority.
JoeMorgue is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Yesterday, 08:09 AM   #163
I Am The Scum
Illuminator

Originally Posted by JoeMorgue View Post
Vegan Purity Bobs
They don't have an onion on that.
I Am The Scum is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Yesterday, 08:42 AM   #164
mumblethrax
Species traitor

I mean, I try to avoid it.
mumblethrax is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Yesterday, 02:35 PM   #165
Dancing David
Penultimate Amazing

That is a wonderful silly question
Never underestimate the power of the Random Number God. More of evolutionary history is His doing than people think. - Dinwar
Dancing David is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Yesterday, 03:49 PM   #166
Puppycow
Penultimate Amazing

I don't think most vegans are opposed to it on principle, but not every woman is able to produce enough breast milk.
Old Today, 07:57 AM   #167
mumblethrax
Species traitor

Originally Posted by Puppycow View Post
I don't think most vegans are opposed to it on principle, but not every woman is able to produce enough breast milk.
If only we had the technology to transfer breast milk from another mother into a bottle.

These objections are always at the margins, and always transparently motivated.
mumblethrax is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Social Issues & Current Events