ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags donald trump , Trump administration , Trump controversies

Old Today, 03:05 PM   #1881
AnonyMoose
Critical Thinker

Originally Posted by Skeptic Ginger View Post
I don't think they needed a heads-up to figure that out, nor did they need to do much to trigger a predictable temper tantrum.

Yup, just two simple little words (cover and up), then sit back and watch the self-implosion.

A successful day indeed.
Old Today, 03:32 PM   #1882
Captain_Swoop
Penultimate Amazing

At the moment trump doesn't have a Secretary of Defence, Homeland Security Director, Secret Service Director, ICE Director, Air Force Secretary, FEMA Director, UN Ambassador, Communications Director or White House Chief of Staff.

Has any other President had so many unfilled posts this far in to a Term?
Captain_Swoop is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Today, 03:35 PM   #1883
acbytesla
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Captain_Swoop View Post
At the moment trump doesn't have a Secretary of Defence, Homeland Security Director, Secret Service Director, ICE Director, Air Force Secretary, FEMA Director, UN Ambassador, Communications Director or White House Chief of Staff.

And judging by Ben Carson's performance in Capitol Hill yesterday, we don't have a HUD Director either.
Old Today, 03:36 PM   #1884
acbytesla
Penultimate Amazing

I doubt it.
Old Today, 04:03 PM   #1885
Ladewig
I lost an avatar bet.

Originally Posted by smartcooky View Post
He really is delusional isn't he.... he really thinks that the American people cant see the fact that The Emperor is wearing no clothes!
No. You are completely wrong. He doesn’t think the American people can’t understand that the emperor has no clothes. What he believes is that he is wearing the most sublimely beautiful clothes ever tailored in the history of mankind.

He really thinks he is an infalliable, insightful genius. He knows 40% of the population gets it, he is just a bit confused as to why so many people don’t understand how resplendent his tremendous intellect is.

ETA
Now that I think about it, I am a bit surprised that he doesn’t insist on being introduced as President Donald Trump, Super Genius.

Last edited by Ladewig; Today at 04:12 PM.
Ladewig is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Today, 04:04 PM   #1886
a_unique_person
Director of Hatcheries and Conditioning

Don't hassle him. Got a lot of tweeting to do.
For if a man pretend to me that God hath spoken to him supernaturally, and immediately, and I make doubt of it, I cannot easily perceive what argument he can produce to oblige me to believe it. Hobbes
a_unique_person is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Today, 04:07 PM   #1887
Ladewig
I lost an avatar bet.

Originally Posted by AnonyMoose View Post
I'm willing to bet someone gave Pelosi and Schumer a head's up on what to expect before Trump walked into the room.
(As has been previously mentioned) One doesn’t really need a heads up to know what the president will do. He is hardly a riddle wrapped in a mystery inside an enigma.
Old Today, 04:14 PM   #1888
Stacyhs
Philosopher

Trump said in the Rose Garden:
Quote:
I don't do cover-ups.
Really? Stormy Daniels and Karen McDougal may have a different opinion.
Stacyhs is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Today, 05:20 PM   #1889
jrhowell
Muse

Originally Posted by Stacyhs View Post
Really? Stormy Daniels and Karen McDougal may have a different opinion.
He meant he doesn’t do them himself. He has people for that.
jrhowell is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Today, 06:16 PM   #1890
The Atheist
The Grammar Tyrant

...They can continue the Witch Hunt which has already cost $40M and been a tremendous waste of time and energy for everyone in America, or get back to work....
The irony in his golf costing more than double that is not lost on me.

Mind you, he probably thinks it's work.
Old Today, 07:19 PM   #1891
TragicMonkey
Poisoned Waffles

Sounds like perfect timing to start a war with Iran!
Old Today, 07:26 PM   #1892
Safe-Keeper
Philosopher

Don't worry, some whataboutist will come along to tell us how this is completely normal for US Presidents.
Old Today, 08:56 PM   #1893
Foolmewunz
Grammar Resistance Leader
TLA Dictator

Originally Posted by AnonyMoose View Post
I'm willing to bet someone gave Pelosi and Schumer a head's up on what to expect before Trump walked into the room.

So I wouldn't be surprised if Chuck and Nancy purposefully goaded him into throwing a temper tantrum right before the meeting just to get a point across, adding fuel to the fire of what they knew was coming their way in the meeting.

Get him all worked up and he becomes incapable of walking and chewing gum at the same time, thus failing at his duties as president for the whole world to see.

Trump's temper tantrums are so easily triggered and predictable, making the idiot an easy target. Maybe they've decided the only way to beat this guy is to play his game... and be better at it.
That doesn't follow the actual narrative, though. Trump walked into the meeting, never intending to discuss infrastructure. He didn't shake the hand of any Dem in the room and started speaking extemporaneously on how much good stuff he wanted to do today but Pelosi was a big doo-doo head so he wasn't going to talk to them.

They didn't goad him; they didn't even have a chance to speak. You can almost see Mark Burnett in the virtual corner directing the camera angles. It was a set-up. He has no infrastructure bill to discuss.

Is the best negotiator in the history of the world really saying that he's not going to negotiate with anyone who doesn't love him? The man redefines stupidity every time he opens his mouth. And the great thing is that his casual supporters (the not-yet-willing-to-sign-on-as-Deplorable) are starting to notice.

It's not that liberals have become less tolerant. It's that conservatives have become more intolerable.
Foolmewunz is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Today, 09:04 PM   #1894
The Great Zaganza
Maledictorian

Trump needs Infrastructure now more than the Dems do. He has nothing to negotiate with.

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics