ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags donald trump , Trump administration , Trump controversies

Old 15th May 2019, 06:12 PM   #1521
The Atheist
The Grammar Tyrant

Originally Posted by plague311 View Post
His approval rating according to 538 is 41 approve, 52 disapprove. That, somehow, translates into, not only, his own re-election but that of his daughter?
I was relying on data from RCP, which has always been reliable as far as I've seen. 538 says 41/52, RCP says 44/52.

538 also had Donald Trump losing on the morning of election day, so I don't see them as all that authoritative on the subject. I also don't believe Silver's weighting of polls is ideal.

The point is, Trump's support hasn't eroded at all and he always bounces back from the lows.

In 2017, Trump's average rating during the year was under 40%.
In 2018, Trump's average rating is 42-43%

If you don't see that as a disturbing trend, that's fine by me.

The bulk of Americans are repulsed by him as well...
Maybe "bulk" has a different meaning in USA, because in English English, it's generally used for the vast majority, when the difference between approval and not for Trump is a small majority. Whether it's 8 or 11, it's not a lot given his historical rating as the worst president USA has ever had.

You do realise Nancy Pelosi is similarly disliked to Trump? Didn't hurt her re-election as Speaker.
Old 15th May 2019, 06:21 PM   #1522
Stacyhs
Philosopher

Originally Posted by The Atheist View Post
I was relying on data from RCP, which has always been reliable as far as I've seen. 538 says 41/52, RCP says 44/52.

538 also had Donald Trump losing on the morning of election day, so I don't see them as all that authoritative on the subject. I also don't believe Silver's weighting of polls is ideal.

The point is, Trump's support hasn't eroded at all and he always bounces back from the lows.

Maybe "bulk" has a different meaning in USA, because in English English, it's generally used for the vast majority, when the difference between approval and not for Trump is a small majority. Whether it's 8 or 11, it's not a lot given his historical rating as the worst president USA has ever had.

You do realise Nancy Pelosi is similarly disliked to Trump? Didn't hurt her re-election as Speaker.
Scares the hell out of me. I underestimated the stupidity of the American people. Never again.
Stacyhs is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th May 2019, 06:22 PM   #1523
theprestige
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Minoosh View Post
So how the hell are people supposed to know which equipment they can use?
This doesn't seem like a difficult problem.

Companies will continue to use their current equipment until the ban list is published. Once the ban list is published, they'll adjust accordingly.

At least this way they know a ban list is coming, and can start preparing contingency plans in case their equipment ends up on it. They can even take the opportunity of the advance warning to reach out and try to influence the list before it becomes public.

I'd say this is probably a better scenario than if the White House had sprung the banned list without warning.
theprestige is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th May 2019, 06:27 PM   #1524
newyorkguy
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Captain_Swoop View Post
Trump Retweeted
Eric Trump
Verified account
@EricTrump
Very proud of @realDonaldTrump - he is going an amazing job!

Trump Average Approval Ratings Skyrocket To Highest Point In Years - The Daily Caller
Notice Eric doesn't mention what that "Highest Point" in years (two) is? It's 45%. From the Daily Caller:
Quote:
President Donald Trump has his highest approval rating in over two years, a new polling average released Monday shows. The presidentís average approval rating currently sits at 45%, according to RealClearPolitics (RCP), which is based on a compilation of polls from April 26 to May 13. The 45% mark is Trumpís highest RCP polling average since February 2017. Daily Caller link
Meantime, back in the three-dimensional world:
Quote:
Mr. Trump is the only president in the history of Gallup polling never to earn the support of a majority of Americans even for a single day of his term. Link
I don't know how the Trump's can tell the kinds of bold face, easy-to-contradict lies the way they do, with absolutely no discernible trace of embarrassment or shame. I guess that is a kind of talent.
newyorkguy is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th May 2019, 06:49 PM   #1525
dasmiller
Just the right amount of cowbell

So how the hell are people supposed to know which equipment they can use? I find it slightly encouraging that Trump is even aware that we have "foreign adversaries." Who does he figure qualifies? France?
California.
Old 15th May 2019, 06:54 PM   #1526
Foolmewunz
Grammar Resistance Leader
TLA Dictator

It's not my imagination (I'm sure) but I can't locate things because I'm technically challenged. I recall a retweet or two from Conrad Black recently. Anyone else better at finding things?

If I'm mistaken, the following is just the rich taking care of the miscreant rich. If I'm right, then I'm sure Trumpistas will explain.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-u...2F+Top+News%29

It's not that liberals have become less tolerant. It's that conservatives have become more intolerable.
Foolmewunz is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th May 2019, 07:14 PM   #1527
Stacko
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Foolmewunz View Post
It's not my imagination (I'm sure) but I can't locate things because I'm technically challenged. I recall a retweet or two from Conrad Black recently. Anyone else better at finding things?

If I'm mistaken, the following is just the rich taking care of the miscreant rich. If I'm right, then I'm sure Trumpistas will explain.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-u...2F+Top+News%29
Black also wrote a flattering book about Trump.

https://mobile.twitter.com/yashar/st...19666879766528
Stacko is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th May 2019, 07:27 PM   #1528
Steve
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Stacko View Post
Black also wrote a flattering book about Trump.

https://mobile.twitter.com/yashar/st...19666879766528
No, he didn't. He paid someone to write the book.
Old 15th May 2019, 08:30 PM   #1529
Minoosh
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Horatius View Post
I'm going to bet that about 90% of his effort will be directed at Huawei.
Last year it was ZTE, and Trump caved on this, thwarting both Congress and his own Commerce Department.

He'll reverse himself next week.
Minoosh is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th May 2019, 10:28 PM   #1530
Ladewig
I lost an avatar bet.

Trump Retweeted

Eric Trump
Verified account
@EricTrump
Very proud of @realDonaldTrump - he is going an amazing job!

Trump Average Approval Ratings Skyrocket To Highest Point In Years - The Daily Caller
So, 43% going to 45% is skyrocketing.
Old 15th May 2019, 10:35 PM   #1531
Ladewig
I lost an avatar bet.

According to Wikipedia, domestic cats (most "unowned") kill 1.3 billion to 3.7 billion birds each year in the U.S.

Meanwhile, according to the Audubon Society, wind turbines kill an estimated 140,000 to 328,000 birds each year in North America.

According to The Guardian, at least 100 million and maybe as many as a billion birds die each year in the US when they collide with buildings, especially glass-covered or illuminated skyscrapers.

"Aldous J. Pennyfarthing" (can that be a real name?) blogged about Trump's claim, but does not include that kind of context. Rather than just mocking Trump, I think it would be useful to put things into perspective for readers. It may be possible to educate a few people here or there.

It's one of my many editorial pet peeves ...

I know debunking Trump is an arduous and perhaps thankless task, but share those figures if a Trump supporter makes a claim about piles of bald eagles under windmills.
You are more optimistic than I am. The PDJT supporters I have met would not consider your figures reason enough to disbelieve the claim that President Trump saw with his own eyes piles of dead eagles under wind turbines.
Old 15th May 2019, 10:50 PM   #1532
The Don
Penultimate Amazing

His approval rating according to 538 is 41 approve, 52 disapprove. That, somehow, translates into, not only, his own re-election but that of his daughter?

That makes sense I guess.

The bulk of Americans are repulsed by him as well, including the bulk of people around here. I guess your statement just seems to lack in factual basis.

ETA: Quasi-ninj'd
That's his approval rating but that doesn't necessarily result in him not being reelected because if all 41% vote for him, and a portion of the 52% either vote for him despite not approving of him (due to GOP party loyalty), vote for someone other than the Democratic Party candidate or don't vote (maybe because they're annoyed that Bernie didn't get the not or because GOP voter suppression efforts have been successful).

Through active roll purging, voter suppression and just making it hard for Democratic leaning districts to vote, the GOP is working very hard to engineer a situation where a solid 40%-45% support among people willing to turn out and vote is sufficient to win the Presidency.
The Don is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th May 2019, 11:01 PM   #1533
BobTheCoward
Penultimate Amazing

538 gave him something like an 28% chance. The way to find out how authoritative they are is to take all their predictions of 28% and find out if they occur 18% of the time.

Plus they gave a 10% chance of Clinton popular, trump electoral outcome.
BobTheCoward is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th May 2019, 12:29 AM   #1534
Roger Ramjets
Illuminator

The main reason his approval rating stays up is because republicans have no choice - they either 'approve' of Trump, or give in to the evil democrats. Let's hope the trend continues, then they will follow him all the way to Hell...
Old 16th May 2019, 01:33 AM   #1535
Aridas
Crazy Little Green Dragon

So how the hell are people supposed to know which equipment they can use? I find it slightly encouraging that Trump is even aware that we have "foreign adversaries." Who does he figure qualifies? France?
Canada.
Old 16th May 2019, 01:59 AM   #1536
Captain_Swoop
Penultimate Amazing

Trump Retweeted

The Trump Organization
Verified account
@Trump
Ahead of the @PGAChampionship this week, @B_Dechambeau and @DJohnsonPGA joined us at @TrumpFerryPoint in support of @Curetivity! Thank you, Bryson and Dustin, for the kind words and good luck at the 2019 #PGAChamp
Captain_Swoop is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th May 2019, 02:04 AM   #1537
Captain_Swoop
Penultimate Amazing

President of the United States is retweeting a video from his company featuring an endorsement his golf course
Curetivity is the Eric Trump Foundation it changed its name, and "supposedly" Eric is no longer on the board. Strangely, Eric keeps showing up at the events, and they are still being held on Trump properties, which charge for them, so Trump is making money from these events.

NY Attorney General still has an investigation open in to Curetivity.
It claims to have raised millions for St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital, but has dispersed the funds to other entities instead including the Trump campaign.

Last edited by Captain_Swoop; 16th May 2019 at 02:05 AM.
Captain_Swoop is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th May 2019, 02:08 AM   #1538
Foolmewunz
Grammar Resistance Leader
TLA Dictator

Who, in US, makes fireworks (for his 4th Bund Rally) any longer? Does the Grucci family still have their facility? Most of the best effects in the world come from China, still.

(Just kidding.... the big display gigs are covered by pyromaniacs who make their own. They probably steal the ideas from the Chinese, but the product is local. But Macy's spends somewhere around six to eight million a year on its 4th celebration. Is Donnie Johnny foisting a bill of ten million on the public for a massive campaign rally?)

It's not that liberals have become less tolerant. It's that conservatives have become more intolerable.
Foolmewunz is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th May 2019, 03:29 AM   #1539
a_unique_person
Director of Hatcheries and Conditioning

Originally Posted by dudalb View Post
The Chinese government has one huge advantage though: It does not have to worry about public opinion or elections and thus can endure ecomomic pain for a lot longer then any US Government can.

The Chinese government over thousands of years has usually played the long game and Trump has always played the short game.
For if a man pretend to me that God hath spoken to him supernaturally, and immediately, and I make doubt of it, I cannot easily perceive what argument he can produce to oblige me to believe it. Hobbes
a_unique_person is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th May 2019, 04:14 AM   #1540
wareyin
Philosopher

Do you understand that the entire country does not vote for Pelosi? As a member of Congress, only those in her state can vote for her. Her state is California. California is solid Democratic, and Pelosi is a Dem. Funnily enough, but your chosen right-leaning source doesn't show anything about how she polls among only those who can elect her, it lumps in all sorts of Republican stronghold states who can't vote one way or the other.

eta: Fun fact, despite The Atheist's contempt for 538 due to them only giving Trump a 1 in 4 chance of winning, they gave Pelosi a greater than 99% chance of winning her last election. Of course, we all know that a 1 in 4 chance doesn't mean something is impossible to happen, so we can't accurately claim 538 got it wrong.

Last edited by wareyin; 16th May 2019 at 05:23 AM.
wareyin is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th May 2019, 04:42 AM   #1541
newyorkguy
Penultimate Amazing

The source (but not the poster) also shows Pelosi's Disapproval ratings average below 50% (unlike Trump's). Trump is the only president in the history of Gallup polling to never -- not even once -- have a disapproval rating under 50%. In fact, he may be the only major American political figure in history to never get a plus-50% approval rating.

Sad!
newyorkguy is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th May 2019, 05:24 AM   #1542
Fast Eddie B
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Stacyhs View Post
Scares the hell out of me. I underestimated the stupidity of the American people. Never again.
I donít think itís stupidity.

Which is even scarier.
Old 16th May 2019, 05:37 AM   #1543
phiwum
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Horatius View Post
But if the costs have gone up, it also means that the American producers have raised their prices as well.
I'm not sure. The 4% increase could be goods that Americans are not currently producing in sufficient quantities to meet demands.

Of course, some of that will come from manufacturing needs (parts, etc.) currently met by China and hence an increase in "American-made" goods.

But one would need to see actual numbers to know the effects. Not much point in trying to figure out what's really happening by using Trump's numbers. There's no more than a small handful of folks on this forum who take his word seriously, if that.
phiwum is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th May 2019, 05:40 AM   #1544
surrogate
Critical Thinker

Originally Posted by wareyin View Post
Do you understand that the entire country does not vote for Pelosi? As a member of Congress, only those in her state can vote for her. Her state is California. California is solid Democratic, and Pelosi is a Dem. Funnily enough, but your chosen right-leaning source doesn't show anything about how she polls among only those who can elect her, it lumps in all sorts of Republican stronghold states who can't vote one way or the other.
Since she is in the House, only those in her district can vote for her, not the entire state. She represents the 12th district, which is just San Francisco.
surrogate is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th May 2019, 05:48 AM   #1545
phiwum
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Trebuchet View Post
He's seen piles of dead bald eagles under windmills. He's also seen people jumping from the WTC and thousands of celebrating Muslims.
Images of piles of dead bald eagles under renewable energy sources. This is the subtlety and nuance we have come to expect from our esteemed and respected president.
phiwum is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th May 2019, 05:51 AM   #1546
phiwum
Penultimate Amazing

According to Wikipedia, domestic cats (most "unowned") kill 1.3 billion to 3.7 billion birds each year in the U.S.

Meanwhile, according to the Audubon Society, wind turbines kill an estimated 140,000 to 328,000 birds each year in North America.

According to The Guardian, at least 100 million and maybe as many as a billion birds die each year in the US when they collide with buildings, especially glass-covered or illuminated skyscrapers.

"Aldous J. Pennyfarthing" (can that be a real name?) blogged about Trump's claim, but does not include that kind of context. Rather than just mocking Trump, I think it would be useful to put things into perspective for readers. It may be possible to educate a few people here or there.

It's one of my many editorial pet peeves ...

I know debunking Trump is an arduous and perhaps thankless task, but share those figures if a Trump supporter makes a claim about piles of bald eagles under windmills.
To be fair, housecats probably kill very few birds of endangered species. It's totally plausible to me that windmills are more threatening to some endangered species. But I speak here only of plausibility, not knowledge.

If they're taking out seagulls, good for them.
Old 16th May 2019, 06:27 AM   #1547
Captain_Swoop
Penultimate Amazing

Trump Tweets

The Dems are getting another beauty to join their group. Bill de Blasio of NYC, considered the worst mayor in the U.S., will supposedly be making an announcement for president today. He is a JOKE, but if you like high taxes & crime, he’s your man. NYC HATES HIM!
Old 16th May 2019, 06:29 AM   #1548
wareyin
Philosopher

Originally Posted by surrogate View Post
Since she is in the House, only those in her district can vote for her, not the entire state. She represents the 12th district, which is just San Francisco.
Indeed. San Fran is such a safe Democratic district that one really has to wonder why national polls would make someone think it unlikely that Pelosi would be re-elected.
wareyin is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th May 2019, 07:04 AM   #1549
Armitage72
Master Poster

Trump Tweets

The Dems are getting another beauty to join their group. Bill de Blasio of NYC, considered the worst mayor in the U.S., will supposedly be making an announcement for president today. He is a JOKE, but if you like high taxes & crime, heís your man. NYC HATES HIM!

I'd really like a citation for him being the worst of almost 20,000 mayors in the US (quick Google search). I'm guessing his source was the same one as all of his other statements - his bloated posterior.
Trump's not really one to talk about people who NYC hates. More projection.
Armitage72 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th May 2019, 07:14 AM   #1550
lobosrul5
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by jeremyp View Post
Not necessarily. You forget (as does Trump) that the USA is not just throwing money at China. In return for its $500 billion, it gets goods.

Let's say, hypothetically, that all of the goods the USA gets from China are steel. In this scenario, the US manufacturers who were buying Chinese steel will have to source it from elsewhere at a higher cost. This means they are being squeezed from two directions: the loss of a $180 billion market and an increase in raw material costs. Chinese manufacturers, on the other hand, have an extra $180 billion demand thanks to the loss of American suppliers, plus they have access to an enormous steel glut which lowers their costs. It's still not good for either country, but America suffers worse.

I'm not saying that the above situation is what actually pertains, but it is somewhat simplistic to claim that China will be worse off just because the money flows towards them.
If it was the case that the US exports were all finished goods, and all the Chinese exports to the USA were raw materials, then that would hold true. Its not even close though. Actually, we only import a small fraction of our steel from China. (Trump tries to make it sound like its a huge number, actually its a very small amount, https://www.trade.gov/steel/countrie...imports-us.pdf )

Also, you don't get extra demand when a supplier stops buying from you. Not sure where you got that idea from. In reality they'd probably just ship their steel to Japan or maybe Singapore (not Taiwan lol), who would sell to us.

Another thing that will hurt us more than China is, there are far more US backed Chinese companies than the other away around.
lobosrul5 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th May 2019, 08:25 AM   #1551
ponderingturtle
Orthogonal Vector

Originally Posted by Trebuchet View Post
He's seen piles of dead bald eagles under windmills. He's also seen people jumping from the WTC and thousands of celebrating Muslims.
Great now I am seeing a bladerunner type scene for Trump
ponderingturtle is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th May 2019, 08:27 AM   #1552
ponderingturtle
Orthogonal Vector

They gave him a 25% chance at winning, why does 1/4 odds suddenly seem like they must be totally broken?
ponderingturtle is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th May 2019, 09:02 AM   #1553
Tero
Graduate Poster

Nixon wom an election with 45%. But he carried CA, those weredifferent times.

Predicting an election with the electoral college a major player in the outcome is nearly impossible. With Hillary 63 million votes and 60 million, the odds were about 50/50 for either to win.
Tero is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th May 2019, 09:07 AM   #1554
Segnosaur
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by phiwum View Post
Quote:

To be fair, housecats probably kill very few birds of endangered species. It's totally plausible to me that windmills are more threatening to some endangered species. But I speak here only of plausibility, not knowledge.
...those species that are most susceptible to turbine collisions and/or displacement are raptors, night-migrating songbirds, and grassland birds.... Raptors ó though they have excellent vision ó have their eyes focused on the ground looking for prey and do not detect the approach turbine blades, and night-time migrants do not see the blades.

From: https://phys.org/news/2018-11-farm-p...cosystems.html
In new research, an international team of scientists studied the effects of wind turbine use in the Western Ghats...They found that predatory raptor birds were four times rarer in areas of plateau where wind turbines were present

I'm not trying to absolve Trump, and I do recognize that global warming is a more significant problem than bird deaths by windmill... only that there may be reasons why simply looking at total bird deaths may not give a complete picture of what's happening.

I'm Mary Poppin's Y'all! - Yondu

We are Groot - Groot
Segnosaur is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th May 2019, 09:08 AM   #1555
Trebuchet
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Tero View Post
But he was a RINO, and a long-time resident of that state.
Old 16th May 2019, 09:17 AM   #1556
phiwum
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Segnosaur View Post
...those species that are most susceptible to turbine collisions and/or displacement are raptors, night-migrating songbirds, and grassland birds.... Raptors ó though they have excellent vision ó have their eyes focused on the ground looking for prey and do not detect the approach turbine blades, and night-time migrants do not see the blades.

From: https://phys.org/news/2018-11-farm-p...cosystems.html
In new research, an international team of scientists studied the effects of wind turbine use in the Western Ghats...They found that predatory raptor birds were four times rarer in areas of plateau where wind turbines were present

I'm not trying to absolve Trump, and I do recognize that global warming is a more significant problem than bird deaths by windmill... only that there may be reasons why simply looking at total bird deaths may not give a complete picture of what's happening.
Thanks for the references.
Old 16th May 2019, 09:43 AM   #1557
Tero
Graduate Poster

Do you eat at Cracker Barrel?
You voted Trump.
Is country your favorite music?
You voted Trump.
Do you ownn pit bulls?
You voted Trump.
Do you grow stuff out the ground?
You voted Trump, unless it's a kitchen garden.
Do you own a pick up?
You voted Trump.
A shot gun?
Trump.
Do you go to a Baptist church?
You voted Trump.
Are you walthy?
You voted Trump unless you are Soros, Bezos, Al Gore or Bill Gates.
The more horses and guns you own, the more likely you voted Trump.
Tero is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th May 2019, 09:49 AM   #1558
Segnosaur
Penultimate Amazing

Or pot.

I'm Mary Poppin's Y'all! - Yondu

We are Groot - Groot
Segnosaur is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th May 2019, 10:08 AM   #1559
lobosrul5
Graduate Poster

Do you eat at Cracker Barrel?
You voted Trump.
Is country your favorite music?
You voted Trump.
Do you ownn pit bulls?
You voted Trump.

Do you own a pick up?
You voted Trump.
A shot gun?
Trump.
Do you go to a Baptist church?
You voted Trump.
Are you walthy?
You voted Trump unless you are Soros, Bezos, Al Gore or Bill Gates.
The more horses and guns you own, the more likely you voted Trump.
Uhh, like 3 quarters of dogs here are pit bulls, or mixes. Yet Trump was roundly defeated in New Mexico.
lobosrul5 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th May 2019, 10:09 AM   #1560
lobosrul5
Graduate Poster

Predicting an election with the electoral college a major player in the outcome is nearly impossible. With Hillary 63 million votes and 60 million, the odds were about 50/50 for either to win.
Yeah, but he also won the popular vote, a plurality of it anyways.

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics