ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Old 5th September 2018, 10:10 AM   #1
crescent
Master Poster

Denver International Airport: his is exactly what a conspiracy would do

Conspiracy “whistle-blower” on Denver airport ads: This is exactly what a conspiracy would do

Quote:
Denver International Airport is making a public display out of its darkest and deepest supposed secrets. In large new signs plastered around the main terminal, the airport authority gives props to the aliens, Freemasons and Illuminati agents that are rumored to haunt the facility’s secret tunnels.

“New concessions? Or new conspiracies?” asks one of the posters, complete with pictures of the demonic-looking horse “Blucifer,” gargoyles, a UFO and assorted food items.

The graphics are plastered over temporary walls that surround construction zones in the airport. One hints that that the wall is hiding a “new Illuminati headquarters,” or a “remodeling of the lizard people’s lair” — or just new restaurants.
(For those not in the know, there are a wide variety of conspiracy theories regarding DIA, mostly associated with the large amount of "underground" infrastructure the airport has. This is mostly just service tunnels and the little trains that move people to the outlying terminals. The tunnels were all built as trenches that were then covered over, no actual "tunneling" happened.
crescent is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th September 2018, 10:12 AM   #2
Checkmite
Skepticifimisticalationist

Denver airport construction signs

I have to link a tweet here, unfortunately, but it's how I found out about this situation.

Denver International Airport is planning some renovations; like most airports when this happens, there are signs around the airport to create publicity for the upcoming changes. Unlike most airports, the signs at Denver are very clearly designed to troll conspiracy theorists, which I think is hilarious.
Checkmite is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th September 2018, 10:23 AM   #3
Thermal
Philosopher

Gotta admire their sense of humor
Old 5th September 2018, 10:56 AM   #4
Trebuchet
Penultimate Amazing

I followed the link in the posters, now the Illuminati are after me.
https://www.flydenver.com/great_hall/denfiles
Old 5th September 2018, 11:14 AM   #5
Trebuchet
Penultimate Amazing

There's another thread on this, I'll request a merge.
Old 5th September 2018, 11:19 AM   #6
lobosrul5
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by crescent View Post
Conspiracy “whistle-blower” on Denver airport ads: This is exactly what a conspiracy would do

(For those not in the know, there are a wide variety of conspiracy theories regarding DIA, mostly associated with the large amount of "underground" infrastructure the airport has. This is mostly just service tunnels and the little trains that move people to the outlying terminals. The tunnels were all built as trenches that were then covered over, no actual "tunneling" happened.
The biggest conspiracy is that the airport is in Denver. When in reality its roughly midway between Denver and the Kansas border
lobosrul5 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th September 2018, 11:23 AM   #7
Thermal
Philosopher

Originally Posted by lobosrul5 View Post
The biggest conspiracy is that the airport is in Denver. When in reality its roughly midway between Denver and the Kansas border
I don't believe it. I mean, that's a conspiracy of cartographers
Old 5th September 2018, 11:28 AM   #8
lobosrul5
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by Thermal View Post
I don't believe it. I mean, that's a conspiracy of cartographers
Fly there sometime and you'll see what I mean. The Rocky mountains? Nowhere to be found, just featureless grassland. And if you hit rush hour, have fun on your 90 minute drive to downtown. It is however, one of the nicest airports I've ever been too, and the trams are fun.
lobosrul5 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th September 2018, 11:37 AM   #9
ahhell
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by lobosrul5 View Post
Seriously! It takes forever to get there. Also, there is a bunch of creepy art. They have a giant blue horse with glowing red eyes! Whose that for man?
ahhell is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th September 2018, 11:38 AM   #10
lobosrul5
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by ahhell View Post
Seriously! It takes forever to get there. Also, there is a bunch of creepy art. They have a giant blue horse with glowing red eyes! Whose that for man?
I thought it was an homage to their god, John Elway.
Old 5th September 2018, 11:55 AM   #11
dudalb
Penultimate Amazing

WOnder if the innovations will be in the great tradition of Denver International, and end up with massive costs overruns....

Robert Heinlein.
dudalb is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th September 2018, 12:09 PM   #12
tinribmancer
Hasbarian NWO Templar Cattle

Originally Posted by Trebuchet View Post
What's this clown's deal with those 3D pictures on his site?

"And belief in conspiracy theories is not the function of a higher intellect." - BStrong
tinribmancer is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th September 2018, 05:21 PM   #13
smartcooky
Philosopher

This looks exactly like what it is... a well orchestrated pisstake.
As democracy is perfected, the office represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. We move toward a lofty ideal. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last, and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.
- Henry Louis Mencken - Baltimore Evening Sun, July 26, 1920
smartcooky is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th September 2018, 06:47 PM   #14
LSSBB
Devilish Dictionarian

I always thought DFW was the result of a conspiracy. Based solely on my experience catching connections.
Old 6th September 2018, 07:27 AM   #15
Armitage72
Master Poster

It reminds me of a TV show that revealed that all of the conspiracy theories about Area 51 were started by the personnel at Area 51, and are completely true. Because they're spread as conspiracy theories, nobody reasonable believes that's what's actually happening.
Armitage72 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th September 2018, 07:52 AM   #16
Trebuchet
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by tinribmancer View Post
What's this clown's deal with those 3D pictures on his site?
That's actually the airport's official site, but I too found the 3D annoying.
Old 6th September 2018, 08:22 AM   #17
RecoveringYuppy
Philosopher

That's actually the airport's official site, but I too found the 3D annoying.
Just trying to make it appropriately loony looking I thought.

Make a fire for a man and you keep him warm for a day. Set him on fire and you keep him warm for the rest of his life.
RecoveringYuppy is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th September 2018, 08:38 AM   #18
pgwenthold
Penultimate Amazing

I actually was at the open house at DIA the week before it opened. Walked underground over to Concourse A, rode the trains to B and C.

Nowadays, I don't like flying into DIA. It's a combination of the long drive there (although it's a lot easier to get there from Boulder than it used to be), but more of the fact that once you get there it is a mess and a half, and takes forever to get where you need to be. Security lines are always huge and then you fight to herd onto the train and then walk walk walk to your gate. You have to give it 4 hours before your flight.
Old 6th September 2018, 10:34 AM   #19
dudalb
Penultimate Amazing

The only Denver airport conspiracy I buy into is that a lot of contractors made a lot of money in the building of the airport..which has become a textbook case of how NOT to manage a big constructin project.

Robert Heinlein.
dudalb is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th September 2018, 10:37 AM   #20
lobosrul5
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by pgwenthold View Post
I actually was at the open house at DIA the week before it opened. Walked underground over to Concourse A, rode the trains to B and C.

Nowadays, I don't like flying into DIA. It's a combination of the long drive there (although it's a lot easier to get there from Boulder than it used to be), but more of the fact that once you get there it is a mess and a half, and takes forever to get where you need to be. Security lines are always huge and then you fight to herd onto the train and then walk walk walk to your gate. You have to give it 4 hours before your flight.
Hmm, I've been there 4 times post 9/11 and never spent more then 15 to 20 minutes in security.
Old 6th September 2018, 11:43 AM   #21
crescent
Master Poster

Originally Posted by dudalb View Post
The only Denver airport conspiracy I buy into is that a lot of contractors made a lot of money in the building of the airport..which has become a textbook case of how NOT to manage a big constructin project.
....and then they went and built the A line....

Future of RTD’s A, B and G lines – long in limbo because of costly gate crossing problems – could become clearer Wednesday

Report Details Play-By-Play Of Hours-Long RTD A Line Breakdown

I Got Railed by the A Line – and It Still Hurts

Quote:
Turns out, the A Line, which will mark its first anniversary next week, has reportedly already ****** more people than Wilt Chamberlain in his prime. If you didn't follow the NBA in the ’60s, that’s a lot of *****.
(edited to remove naughty, so very naughty, language)
crescent is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th September 2018, 03:37 PM   #22
Elagabalus
Illuminator

The underground baggage tunnel

https://cdn.onlyinyourstate.com/wp-c...AM-700x358.png

is the exact replica of the Great Hall!!!

https://www.flydenver.com/greathall
Elagabalus is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th September 2018, 10:20 PM   #23
LongFuzzy
Thinker

There was a fast food chain(Taco Bell I think) that recently was using Illuminati in their advertising. I wonder if DIA has the same ad agency?
LongFuzzy is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th September 2018, 11:37 PM   #24
Jimmy9
Scholar

Originally Posted by LongFuzzy View Post
There was a fast food chain(Taco Bell I think) that recently was using Illuminati in their advertising. I wonder if DIA has the same ad agency?
Illuminati symbolism is in almost every media. That is a fact.
Denver seems to be going for the Ufo and reptilian conspiracies.

Until they become conscious, they will never rebel.
Jimmy9 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th September 2018, 01:31 AM   #25
Cosmic Yak
Master Poster

Location: Where there's never a road broader than the back of your hand.
Originally Posted by Jimmy9 View Post
Illuminati symbolism is in almost every media. That is a fact.
Only because conspiracy theorists count anything involving pyramids, triangles, eyes or numbers as Illuminati symbols. With that wide a definition, it's hard not to see it everywhere.
Old 8th September 2018, 03:25 AM   #26
Jimmy9
Scholar

Originally Posted by Cosmic Yak View Post
Only because conspiracy theorists count anything involving pyramids, triangles, eyes or numbers as Illuminati symbols. With that wide a definition, it's hard not to see it everywhere.
I`m sure it is done in satire or parody but it`s there.

Until they become conscious, they will never rebel.
Jimmy9 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th September 2018, 04:32 AM   #27
Craig4
Penultimate Amazing

I've always thought some of the public art in the airport was a little odd. Not lizard people odd but not really my thing. I stop there on lay overs not infrequently. It's funny that there never seems to be anything I'm in the mood to eat near my gate.
Craig4 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th September 2018, 12:37 PM   #28
Jim_MDP
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Craig4 View Post
I've always thought some of the public art in the airport was a little odd. Not lizard people odd but not really my thing. I stop there on lay overs not infrequently. It's funny that there never seems to be anything I'm in the mood to eat near my gate.
Odd. They're in business to make money.
Even if it's not entirely suited to human metabolism... the offerings should all be palatable.
Expand your horizons... try something next time.

"Suggesting spurious explanations isn't relevant to my work." -- WTC Dust.
"Both cannot be simultaneously true, and so one may conclude neither is true, and if neither is true, then Apollo is fraudulent." -- Patrick1000.
Jim_MDP is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th September 2018, 12:58 PM   #29
Elagabalus
Illuminator

Originally Posted by Craig4 View Post
funny funny? Or funny strange?

ETA: I will allow that the "Horse Sculpture" is pretty funkazoidal. Right up there with the Nathan Bedford Forrest statue (I mean the 'horse' part).

Last edited by Elagabalus; 8th September 2018 at 01:10 PM.
Elagabalus is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories