ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags surveillance

Old 9th July 2018, 03:56 AM   #81
Porpoise of Life
Illuminator

Originally Posted by MRC_Hans View Post
May I suggest your knowledge of electronics is limited? This is basically just run-of-the mill application stuff. The technical implementation seems absolutely leading-edge, but functionally, there is nothing in it that hasn't existed for decades.

Hans
Ah, so you're admitting that the government has been attacking TIs with mind control waves for decades?
Porpoise of Life is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th July 2018, 04:04 AM   #82
Kid Eager
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Porpoise of Life View Post
Ah, so you're admitting that the government has been attacking TIs with mind control waves for decades?
Consistent with the premise of this thread, no, he's explicitly NOT admitting that which, of course, means it's true, or something.
Old 9th July 2018, 08:58 AM   #83
rlopez2
Thinker

Here is Katherine Horton (Ph.D. in Physics and a targeted individual herself) talking about aaronia's CEO's "jokes":
~
// __ Targeted Individual Katherine Horton Ph.D. interview with Ella Free (youtube 6VDJOR90J8U&t=1h8m58s)
~
At times I think "We the people" are just losing our wits on epidemic proportions. The problem is not that general, "technology-driven" stupidity is "the new normal", but that at some point "ubiquity" will win and all homes will be/must be "smart", money will be "electronic" (how "cool", right?), ... I had a brief argument with my landlord the other day, because he wanted to install special wireless routers in all apartments. I refused and suggested to him we should keep this argument in court.

// __ Are Smart Homes the Future of High-Tech Living? (youtube DuKvWEENrpc)
(1:38)
ABC News Reporter: what is the big deal about opening your garage with a "smart phone"?
lady: you can actually look at this app and say: hey!, . . . !
~
What people apparently can't understand at this point anymore is that ABSOLUTELY anything software driven can be, IS hacked! Snowden pointed out that to the government we are all "tag animals" in addition to that they will be holding all of us individually from the nose and as long as "we the people" are being spoken to in 3 word sentences we will "understand"! Korea is one of those techno ***** society (yes, it is not all about young women shaking their rear ends) and they also have a huge problem with suicide. I am not saying there is a causal link, but as ego depletion experiments in animals have shown too much controlling, having no privacy whatsoever actually drives people "crazy"

Hannah Arendt told us about "the banality of evil", Hobbes paraphrased the Latin "homo homini lupus", ... I like how they succinctly put it in the Bronx/NYC/USA: "people is stupid, because people is stupid" (well, that must have been hard! 7 words in a sentence!?!)

A cartoon came to mind in which a radio talk host says: "this message will be adjusted for your attention span" and people watching the channel say: "what did he say?" ;-)

rlopez2
rlopez2 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th July 2018, 09:44 AM   #84
rlopez2
Thinker

RE: Again, you are not quoting the youtube correctly: The CEO correctly describes it throughout as an RF signal generator, not a DEW.

OK, you are the smart, "skeptic" ones here, right? You just stated: "The CEO correctly describes it throughout as an RF signal generator, not a DEW"

1st) you questioned that DEW couldn't be that small and I showed to you they fit in a book pack
2nd) now, you just said something that to anyone who knows just the high school basics about the physics of EM waves would sound like: "the sun is not the source of EM radiation, but just light"
3rd) if you knew a bit of Physics, solutions to Maxwell equations based on their Randbedingungen, just by looking at the shape of that device you will notice that it is design to direct EM radiation

yet, you are right because you sure must have some emotions on which your thinking sits and/or because you talk in short sentences.

RE: "Compulsive laughing" is a gross mischaracterisation of the CEO giving a slight chuckle at his own joke.

1st) If they harass you and your family (even babies are being experimented with) with DEW you would certainly not see his act as "giving a slight chuckle at his own joke"
2nd) He is very manifestly and explicitly using word play in his jokes about something he is admitting "is illegal" (you should be smart enough to have noticed that).

RE: May I suggest your knowledge of electronics is limited? This is basically just run-of-the mill application stuff. The technical implementation seems absolutely leading-edge, but functionally, there is nothing in it that hasn't existed for decades.

Yes, there is, knowledgeable about electronics dude, especially is you consider all other pieces of technology puzzle. Storage and computing power is so vast, sensors are so powerful nowadays that they can literally (based on Bayesian networks and DAGs) make an AI Doppelgänger of every member of society in fact, just by using technology you are doing it automatically for them. So, "we the people" are not only paying to live in virtual jails, but are doing the work ourselves of keeping oneself caged (something not even such a powerful mind as Orwell’s envisioned) . They have been training the predicting capabilities of their devices to, very cheaply, put people under Zersetzung and go to the extremes of making them commit suicide thinking that the government is "reading their, implanting dreams in, hijacking, ... their minds" (myron may youtube PLWCXUI6QFyFGYQvyR9uCNthHG-zc9OYWh)

I can hear you, smart folks, say: "well, stating they can ‘read your mind’ is the very definition of mental illness". I assure you these folks are not mentally ill (I personally relate to many of them and I know mental illness very well (people who are mentally ill talk like this: "yesterday, when I spoke with God he actually told me . . ." and they mean it)) in fact, even thought the government in collusion with psychologists target people in ways that mimic mental illness as a way to make them discredit themselves, I am amazed that no decent psychologist or neurobiologist is able to notice things that don’t seem to be right. Schizophrenics hear what seems to be repetitive murmuring voices ("your are a dork", "your fagot/dyke", . . .), not complete and continuing stories about their lives and suggestions about calling a number to "a place where their spouses are having sex right now with someone else (they even tell you his/her name)" . . .

rlopez2
rlopez2 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th July 2018, 09:55 AM   #85
Porpoise of Life
Illuminator

Originally Posted by rlopez2 View Post

I can hear you, smart folks, say: "well, stating they can ‘read your mind’ is the very definition of mental illness". I assure you these folks are not mentally ill (I personally relate to many of them and I know mental illness very well (people who are mentally ill talk like this: "yesterday, when I spoke with God he actually told me . . ." and they mean it))
Or they talk like this: I'm the victim of a vast government and tech sector conspiracy. They are using energy weapons to invade my dreams and they mess with me by having people look at me funny and putting mites in my bed. Also, your microwave is part of a network with which They can create an AI clone of you, which they only use to kind of tease you, because they want to maintain plausible deniability.

Schizophrenics hear what seems to be repetitive murmuring voices ("your are a dork", "your fagot/dyke", . . .), not complete and continuing stories about their lives and suggestions about calling a number to "a place where their spouses are having sex right now with someone else (they even tell you his/her name)" . . .

rlopez2
Yes they do.
Porpoise of Life is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th July 2018, 10:37 AM   #86
psionl0
Skeptical about skeptics

Originally Posted by applecorped View Post
Could you elaborate?
Old 9th July 2018, 10:59 AM   #87
rlopez2
Thinker

For those of you running into this thread and wanting to know more about it:

weisse-folter info content targeted-individuals

weisse-folter info content targeted-individuals recherchearbeit ein-leben-mit-gehirnwaesche.html

rlopez2
Old 9th July 2018, 12:13 PM   #88
psionl0
Skeptical about skeptics

For those of you running into this thread and wanting to know more about it:
You wish!
Old 9th July 2018, 12:22 PM   #89
Kid Eager
Philosopher

RE: Again, you are not quoting the youtube correctly: The CEO correctly describes it throughout as an RF signal generator, not a DEW.

OK, you are the smart, "skeptic" ones here, right? You just stated: "The CEO correctly describes it throughout as an RF signal generator, not a DEW"

1st) you questioned that DEW couldn't be that small and I showed to you they fit in a book pack
2nd) now, you just said something that to anyone who knows just the high school basics about the physics of EM waves would sound like: "the sun is not the source of EM radiation, but just light"
3rd) if you knew a bit of Physics, solutions to Maxwell equations based on their Randbedingungen, just by looking at the shape of that device you will notice that it is design to direct EM radiation

yet, you are right because you sure must have some emotions on which your thinking sits and/or because you talk in short sentences.

RE: "Compulsive laughing" is a gross mischaracterisation of the CEO giving a slight chuckle at his own joke.

1st) If they harass you and your family (even babies are being experimented with) with DEW you would certainly not see his act as "giving a slight chuckle at his own joke"
2nd) He is very manifestly and explicitly using word play in his jokes about something he is admitting "is illegal" (you should be smart enough to have noticed that).

RE: May I suggest your knowledge of electronics is limited? This is basically just run-of-the mill application stuff. The technical implementation seems absolutely leading-edge, but functionally, there is nothing in it that hasn't existed for decades.

Yes, there is, knowledgeable about electronics dude, especially is you consider all other pieces of technology puzzle. Storage and computing power is so vast, sensors are so powerful nowadays that they can literally (based on Bayesian networks and DAGs) make an AI Doppelgänger of every member of society in fact, just by using technology you are doing it automatically for them. So, "we the people" are not only paying to live in virtual jails, but are doing the work ourselves of keeping oneself caged (something not even such a powerful mind as Orwell’s envisioned) . They have been training the predicting capabilities of their devices to, very cheaply, put people under Zersetzung and go to the extremes of making them commit suicide thinking that the government is "reading their, implanting dreams in, hijacking, ... their minds" (myron may youtube PLWCXUI6QFyFGYQvyR9uCNthHG-zc9OYWh)

I can hear you, smart folks, say: "well, stating they can ‘read your mind’ is the very definition of mental illness". I assure you these folks are not mentally ill (I personally relate to many of them and I know mental illness very well (people who are mentally ill talk like this: "yesterday, when I spoke with God he actually told me . . ." and they mean it)) in fact, even thought the government in collusion with psychologists target people in ways that mimic mental illness as a way to make them discredit themselves, I am amazed that no decent psychologist or neurobiologist is able to notice things that don’t seem to be right. Schizophrenics hear what seems to be repetitive murmuring voices ("your are a dork", "your fagot/dyke", . . .), not complete and continuing stories about their lives and suggestions about calling a number to "a place where their spouses are having sex right now with someone else (they even tell you his/her name)" . . .

rlopez2
Again, your knowledge is less than your ability to string words together.

First, you are unable to accurately quote what I said.

Secondly, your understanding of physics remains lacking.

Thirdly, I don't write verbose responses to your word salad and bad physics cocktail because there is no need to. Consider it your reward for being consistently wrong. So far you have linked to two youtube videos claiming things that are not in evidence. I will not be wasting my more of my time reading your third attempt.

Last edited by Kid Eager; 9th July 2018 at 12:24 PM.
Kid Eager is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th July 2018, 02:07 AM   #90
Cosmic Yak
Master Poster

Location: Where there's never a road broader than the back of your hand.
Korea is one of those techno ***** society (yes, it is not all about young women shaking their rear ends)
Seriously? Can you ease up on the casual racism please?

and they also have a huge problem with suicide. I am not saying there is a causal link, but as ego depletion experiments in animals have shown too much controlling, having no privacy whatsoever actually drives people "crazy"
Are you going for the record of maximum ignorance and stupidity packed into one short excerpt?

There are solid, well-known reasons for South Korea's (there are two Koreas, in case you hadn't noticed) suicide problem. German-built antennae do not feature among them.

Please list the animals you think have egos, and cite these experiments. Following that, perhaps you could demonstrate their use in South Korea?

I am still awaiting your explanation as to how you have managed to escapre from the virtual prison, and your guidance as to how I might accomplish this myself.
Old 10th July 2018, 11:20 AM   #91
carlitos
"más divertido"

If you think that you are a "targeted individual" a great way to find out for sure is to go see a mental health professional. They have the inside track on how to best escape from this tracking program. Just print out this thread for a reference and bring it to any doctor.
carlitos is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th July 2018, 02:22 PM   #92
rlopez2
Thinker

RE: Also, your microwave is part of a network with which They can create an AI clone of you

Actually, things are that crazy that your metaphor is not that far off.

RE: Again, your knowledge is less than your ability to string words together.

Philosopher Kid Eager says so. At least I can prove I graduated from the TU Dresden as a theoretical Physicist. Where did you get your knowledge about Physics?

RE: If you think that you are a "targeted individual" a great way to find out for sure is to go see a mental health professional.

A "mental health professional" did you just say? Those kinds of folks even make fun of themselves. You should read about wikipedia Rosenhan_experiment and watch a documentary called "The age of fear - psychiatry's reign of terror", but of course you will not do that because "you are right", which to you it means you think and talk in short sentences
Old 10th July 2018, 02:31 PM   #93
Hans
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Porpoise of Life View Post
Any evidence? And what's this virtual jail?
What? I'm in jail - who can I complain to about to the bad food and lack of visitors then?
Hans is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th July 2018, 02:42 PM   #94
Hans
Philosopher

rlopez2
Why?
Hans is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th July 2018, 05:31 AM   #95
Hellbound
Merchant of Doom

Location: Not in Hell, but I can see it from here on a clear day...
Originally Posted by Hans View Post
What? I'm in jail - who can I complain to about to the bad food and lack of visitors then?
Wait, lack of visitors? You're supposed to be visited by Jehovah's Witness and/or Mormons at least twice weekly!

Dang it! I bet Carl down in scheduling forgot to submit the work order again!
Hellbound is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th July 2018, 08:13 AM   #96
rlopez2
Thinker

RE: Again, your knowledge is less than your ability to string words together.

Also, the physical aspects of technical gadgets you can actually test, their capabilities can be proven, which you should be able to see from the higher grounds from which you speak, instead of going into silly, self-righteous fits.

What I have said here is mental, like any kind of, illness is systemic and shows some sort of symptomatic context to it. TI have been saying for a long time they were "hearing voices that no one else was able to notice" (reminding them that they had forgotten to take their keys (so, TIs think they are "reading their minds") or letting them know that their car was not where they had actually parked it, . . .) as it turns out they had such technologies for a long time. TIs report kind of annoying tickling in specific limbs (which they can simply test is not neurobiological by putting themselves or the specific limb in a Faraday cage), well, it turns out that sensors are so powerful nowadays that they can literally keep track of your every move/body positions, like a textual representation of your actions as you go about your daily life and as the "FBI operating manual" (like the "operative psychology" -openly- studied at East German universities and used by the stasi) which landed on theIntercept journos (theintercept 20170131 secret-docs-reveal-president-trump-has-inherited-an-fbi-with-vast-hidden-powers/?comments=1) as reported by Glenn Greenwald:

"... [such devices] peer through the walls of private homes; and more. The FBI offered various justifications of these tactics to our reporters. But the documents and our reporting on them ultimately reveal a bureaucracy in dire need of greater transparency and accountability"

Unfortunately, Greenwald stopped right there and didn't explain what "and more" coda
Now ask that smart a** about Physics if that should obviously work both ways. I think it must.

rlopez2
Old 11th July 2018, 08:16 AM   #97
rlopez2
Thinker

RE: I am still awaiting your explanation as to how you have managed to escapre from the virtual prison, and your guidance as to how I might accomplish this myself.

sarcasm, callous jokes aside and, mainly, for people running into this thread in the future

1st) I don't know what is it you found "racist" about my comments. I actually like Asian women. When I was a kid I had a culturally-mixed "Chinese" girlfriend (who still keeps in contact with her family roots in China) and we are still best friends. Also, are you absolutely sure there are two Koreas? and if you know so much about those many Koreas, why don't you tell us why do they have such a huge problem with suicide (and please, by "why" I don't mean I want to hear a rationalization, but probably a reason if there is such as ugly as it may be)

2nd) You should learn more about Zersetzung (which ultimate goal is "ego depletion") they have done such experiments with all kinds of social animals from monkeys to ravens and ants and they all react in the same way when their self, awareness, mindful orientation is abused to such extrems.

You sleep deprive "Jimmy the monkey" (all social animals have a "theory of mind": youtube YbAhPqsLHmo Brainiac - Cheating Monkey), so they can't just be hungry. They can't help but get angry, emotional about "injustice", . . . If they are constantly bothered (it is most important doing in constantly for reasons explained bellow), physically assaulted, gamed unfairly, you give food to all other monkeys but Jimmy while he is watching, when you give him food it is tainted, . . . at some point Jimmy chooses either to commit suicide by inanition (Jimmy just sits in a corner of the cage totally unresponsive to even food) or Jimmy becomes extremely violent towards other monkeys and himself (as myron may, that Santiago guy at FLL, the military guy who took a car and rammed it against people in order to have the NYPD kill him, . . . ). Jimmy does that to assert his own sense of self, he wholeheartedly believes. The "interesting" thing about such crassly abusive "experiments" is that even if they stop abusing those animals (and we human beings are just pretentious, even "skeptical" monkeys), they can't revert to a normal state of mind. This is the basics of Zersetzung. Destroying your inner self instead of physically/biologically destroying you (they turn you into some sort of wasted zombie).

How did I escape from the TI virtual jail? Actually, there is no "escape" as such (that clearly shows you are not a TI, you are just using me as your circus monkey (you think)), but there is something I can tell you, you go a long way just by not being an ******* and not letting that **** roll over you as well as basic things you should do like keeping your "surface" to a minimum so they have less of a handle on you. I don't even own a cell phone, I don't watch TV, don't use computers with cams, sleep and partially work in a Faraday cage (isn't it cool you can so easily create an EM blind spot to the Universe!?!), read off of and write my own notes on paper, browse the Internet with javascript and images disabled, shutdown my access to the Internet when I don't needed, never connect my main work computer to the Internet, . . . ). Also, the Ctrl-Z key doesn't seem to work when it comes to TIs, so, don't give them the chance to get you (don't think that because "everybody does it" you will get away with it). At the end of the day those things are healthy and morally enchanting things to do anyway.

When you read more about Zersetzung (which has become trendy these days), you will learn that there are two types of stress:

1) the one that relates to purposeful engagements which you can functionally handle, making your endocrine system release the good kinds of hormones, and

2) the foreign, not understood, unexpected, untimely, impose, ... kind they relentlessly use in Zersetzung to drive people crazy not only psychologically but it also has somatic/biological effects which may be irreversible, firing the very wrong hormones in your body such as the very unhealthy cortisol . . .

So you would help yourself by putting to work "good hormones" by being more active in concrete terms against their ********. There are also the spiritual aspects relating to it, as Eleanor ROosevelt once said: "People can bother you only if you allow them to do so" and here is this one liner (edited/cannibalized by me a bit):

"the greatest of all gifts and graces God has granted us with is the capacity of overcoming oneself" --Saint Francis(' little flowers)

and sorry even though I tried my best at reducing this one liner to its minimal sentence, I couldn't reduce to a three word one, but if you somehow intuitively notice there is more than you can handle in your plate at a time in that statement, it is because that is the case, indeed. No it doesn't relate to having money/stuff, being "happy", . . . or not. I would say a healthy and easy way of reducing the effects of Zersetzung, defend yourself against it, is to take §2 á la Roosevelt and Saint Francis rechannelling it against those very dark forces. "Knowing your enemy" doesn't hurt either, I would recommend: "The Rape Of The Mind: The Psychology Of Thought Control, Menticide And Brainwashing", by Joost Meerloo: 320 pages, ISBN-10: 1614277877; concludes by saying: "The modern techniques of brainwashing and menticide—those perversions of psychology—can bring almost any man into submission and surrender".

In my case, being anarchic runs in my family (I can't even begin to realize how can people put up with politicians). I have lived like that since I was a little boy. You kind of grow a thicker skin or as Hegel put it in his explanation of the conscious dynamic between slaves and slave holders, it brings your consciousness to a higher level (which is metabolically expensive to your brain/taxing to your mind, but I would rather not live an unquestioned life), at some point you kind of habituate that kind of crap to some extent, as it happens to many TIs (Ella Free's youtube channel).

I would admit, however, that this thing in the U.S. about harassing, tormenting, torturing people just for the fun of it even driving blind people to commit suicide as part of their playful experiments (Against use of Psychotronic Weapons. Testimonies of victims before the Presidential Commission, USA: youtube iyMSvQqeWOo) (Psychtronics Weaponry Victims Files: youtube playlist PLv7whYPHSlwRkENZWEu936tY9Wc3cZw22) is a totally new concept to me (then I learned all "freedom loving", Western countries do that, it is "the new normal"). These is one especially sick aspect about gringos: they don't do it in the open as they do in other police states, "because in the U.S. there are laws protecting human rights" ... Now, people with some wits in their heads may find that preposterous. One day while speaking to some "unAmerican", European lady, she told/asked me: "now that is really stupid, but that is not even the main aspect of it: could that possibly work?", the answer to her question you clearly see in this thread: look at you, your own reactions ...

Some other peculiar things I also notice is that gringos are so carefully kept in denial about their own **** by their "freedom of the press" media that they ("the 'free' and 'the' 'brave' ...") wholeheartedly believe every one else to be brainwashed but them: "only 'unAmerican' (as they self-ridiculingly use that demonym turned adjective), stupid people would spy on their own", but then when they learned that the spying of their own government on them was way above and beyond the wildest wet dreams of the stasi and the KGB they just went into a collective: "Oh, well! ..." mode and rationalized it all about being about "metadata" (and since "metadata" is too long a word ("what is that? some new dance?"), you definitely need more than three-word sentences to understand such concepts, it was totally incomprehensible to the commoners)). Their own media would not talk about Snowden's revelations for what it meant. Heck! They wouldn't even mention his name (Government Surveillance: Last Week Tonight with John Oliver (HBO) youtube XEVlyP4_11M). Yet, here is the most interesting aspect of it: their "freedom of the press" media stopped at once constantly talking about the Chinese, Russians, Cubans, ... spying of their own (which those people well know about anyway, since, among other things, their governments do it in the open). The next time I heard of a mainstream media outlet talking about the Chinese again was years later on the Wall Street Journal: (20171212: "China's chilling 'social credit' blacklist", by Maya Wang: wsj.com articles chinas-chilling-social-credit-blacklist-1513036054).

All East German students knew well that they had at least two stasi snitches in their classes (they even joked about it). Snitching and perpetrating in U.S. Universities nowadays, as I have myself noticed, is above and beyond anything I saw in East Germany, but gringos (the "freedom loving good Christians" they are) don't even have the language to talk about, let alone "comprehend" such matters. One of the "creative", new ways in which they do things nowadays in police state USA is by posting your private life to the world at large to know about you (canarymission.org and BTW "promoting hatred" to them means questioning the occupation). People wonder how is it that the Israeli government knows about their private life . . .

When Spielberg made the movie about Snowden (I wonder what was the point of such movie, since the reality of it all was way more interesting, riveting; but probably he was making it easier, "more visual", ...), he raised an important point as an open question: "how come in some 20,000+ people working at the NSA only one (actually a few) saw evil to its face?". Those NSA folks are, -must be- so out of touch with basic reality that, as reported from internal memos at the NSA, they complain about snitching at work as being "unprofessional", when the Chinese hacked their rear ends going back to the 1970's when they started to use computers (poetic justice of the greatest kind, indeed!) they complained about the possibility of foreign governments using that data to blackmail U.S. officials and used U.S. tax payers monies to pay themselves insurance, they even have a "Socrates of the NSA"!!!. Now, do they even have the Saint Francis of the CIA torture chambers? child molesters for peace? Mother Theresa as the patron saint of corruption? Now, it is not that hard to understand that most of those folks have no clue about who Socrates was, but at least they should be aware of what they do, who, what they are.

I wonder what those patriots fighting off occupation by the British and "the founding fathers" who thought a well written constitution would save them from such things, would think about the U.S. nowadays, how would ancient Athenians react to the idea of using "democracy" to institutionalize corruption, of secret laws which interpretations are secret, . . . when Athenians invented the kinds of social technologies relating to "democracy" as a way to ensure transparency and direct participation of all members of society even "illegal" ones (even people from other city states with whom they even were at constant wars), what would those Jewish people in the Warsaw gettho think of the Israeli government playing Nazis nowadays with Palestine (actually they had their own internal "Jewish", whom they found more terrifying that Nazis themselves), what would Italian merchants, who were able to wedge themselves as a social class in a society already dominated by the clerics and aristocrats by championing openness. They would share their double entry books with other merchants they would never meet living in places they would never visit. No, they didn't have cell phones, there was not Internet in those times, it seems to have been about something else altogether . . .

At least to some extent, engineering technologies have been helpful to societal good before in history. It doesn't seem to be the case in these times.

rlopez2

Edited by Agatha:  Edited for improperly masked swearwords

Last edited by Agatha; 11th July 2018 at 01:11 PM.
Old 11th July 2018, 09:00 AM   #98
Thermal
Philosopher

I've just realized how well my schooling prepared me for effective communication.
Old 11th July 2018, 12:34 PM   #99
timhau
NWO Litter Technician

Location: Looks like Finland. Smells like Finland. Quacks like Finland. Where the hell am I?
Originally Posted by Thermal View Post
I've just realized how well my schooling prepared me for effective communication.
You obviously didn't study physics at Dresden Tech.
Old 12th July 2018, 01:54 AM   #100
Cosmic Yak
Master Poster

RE: I am still awaiting your explanation as to how you have managed to escapre from the virtual prison, and your guidance as to how I might accomplish this myself.

sarcasm, callous jokes aside and, mainly, for people running into this thread in the future

1st) I don't know what is it you found "racist" about my comments. I actually like Asian women. When I was a kid I had a culturally-mixed "Chinese" girlfriend (who still keeps in contact with her family roots in China) and we are still best friends.
Writing off an entire country, with a rich culture and long history, as being just about arse-shaking strumpets, is completely racist. Following that up with the old "some of my best friends are (insert ethnicity of choice) just makes it worse. If you genuinely were are colour/race-blind as you claim, you would not have stereotyped an entire nation/ race.

Also, are you absolutely sure there are two Koreas?
Yes. I've been to both. Good Lord.

and if you know so much about those many Koreas, why don't you tell us why do they have such a huge problem with suicide (and please, by "why" I don't mean I want to hear a rationalization, but probably a reason if there is such as ugly as it may be)
It's really quite simple. South Korea is a very high-pressure society. This leads to high suicide rates.

2nd) You should learn more about Zersetzung (which ultimate goal is "ego depletion") they have done such experiments with all kinds of social animals from monkeys to ravens and ants and they all react in the same way when their self, awareness, mindful orientation is abused to such extrems.
Fascinating. Please demonstrate the fact that ants have egos and self-awareness, preferably without recourse to YouTube videos. Actual academic research, if you don't mind.

<snipped paranoid rantings>

Some other peculiar things I also notice is that gringos are so carefully kept in denial about their own **** by their "freedom of the press" media that they ("the 'free' and 'the' 'brave' ...") wholeheartedly believe every one else to be brainwashed but them:
Like you, you mean?

<yet more paranoid stuff snipped>
Edited by Agatha:  Edited for improperly masked swearwords
I really think you should step back from this, take a deep breath, and have a good hard look at the belief system you have constructed here. If everything was a bad as you imagine (and I use that word for good reason), then none of us would be here having this conversation. You have locked yourself into a dark and scary reality tunnel, and you really don't have to: there is no need to live like this.
Old 12th July 2018, 09:04 AM   #101
carlitos
"más divertido"

The problem with asking someone in this dilemma to take a step back and take a look is that they aren't equipped to do that right now. They really need some kind of intervention, and not the virtual kind.
carlitos is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th July 2018, 09:34 AM   #102
Hans
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Hellbound View Post
Wait, lack of visitors? You're supposed to be visited by Jehovah's Witness and/or Mormons at least twice weekly!

Dang it! I bet Carl down in scheduling forgot to submit the work order again!
Ah HAH! I put up the magic symbol to drive them away the dreaded religious nuts.

Old 12th July 2018, 09:41 AM   #103
timhau
NWO Litter Technician

Location: Looks like Finland. Smells like Finland. Quacks like Finland. Where the hell am I?
Originally Posted by Hans View Post
Ah HAH! I put up the magic symbol to drive them away the dreaded religious nuts.

https://www.signs.com/blog/wp-conten...03-560x278.png
Does that work? I had a similar (albeit handmade)one on my dorm apartment door when I was an undergrad, and it was the biggest nutjob magnet ever. I could just as well have put up a sign "ATTENTION! Bother this guy for extra credit!"
Old 12th July 2018, 10:34 AM   #104
BStrong
Penultimate Amazing

The op must be great fun at a party.

"Dulce bellum inexpertīs." - Erasmus
BStrong is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th July 2018, 03:03 PM   #105
rlopez2
Thinker

RE: I've just realized how well my schooling prepared me for effective communication.

TU Dresden or not when I write something quickly here I am just putting out an idea. The least of my intentions is winning a Pulitzer prize and what do I think about canucks? (their they go calling me a racist again) Nothing very especial, like any kind of people you have your good aspects and your not so good ones. Those <a href="https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCpsSadsgX_Qk9i6i_bJoUwQ">Just for laughs</a> prank masters are a riot, but then you were the most enthusiast participants of MK-Ultra, and when I say "you" I mean all it takes is some money floating around + some politicians + some psychologists + some people looking for jobs for such things to happen, so it could happen anywhere

RE: Writing off an entire country, with a rich culture and long history, as being just about arse-shaking

Maybe I should have said "techno-*****" society instead of techno "***** society", but anyway, I am fine if it satisfied your need to articulate your anxieties (emphasis on the technology aspect of it not on the society/people, my bad) and you don't seem to have realized I was being sarcastic about "those many Koreas" and by the way how is it exactly that "arse-shaking" doesn't count into being "culturally rich"

RE: It's really quite simple. South Korea is a very high-pressure society. This leads to high suicide rates.

Doesn't technology play an important role in this "high-pressure"?

RE: If you genuinely were are colour/race-blind as you claim, you would not have stereotyped an entire nation/ race.

and yes the day we are all "unisex", LGBTQ (whatever), colour/race-blind, politically and morally agnostic, spineless ... we will be a better people. I am so glad that I will be gone by that time!

rlopez2
Old 12th July 2018, 05:30 PM   #106
Zivan
Muse

RE: I've just realized how well my schooling prepared me for effective communication.

TU Dresden or not when I write something quickly here I am just putting out an idea. The least of my intentions is winning a Pulitzer prize and what do I think about canucks? (their they go calling me a racist again) Nothing very especial, like any kind of people you have your good aspects and your not so good ones. Those <a href="https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCpsSadsgX_Qk9i6i_bJoUwQ">Just for laughs</a> prank masters are a riot, but then you were the most enthusiast participants of MK-Ultra, and when I say "you" I mean all it takes is some money floating around + some politicians + some psychologists + some people looking for jobs for such things to happen, so it could happen anywhere

RE: Writing off an entire country, with a rich culture and long history, as being just about arse-shaking

Maybe I should have said "techno-*****" society instead of techno "***** society", but anyway, I am fine if it satisfied your need to articulate your anxieties (emphasis on the technology aspect of it not on the society/people, my bad) and you don't seem to have realized I was being sarcastic about "those many Koreas" and by the way how is it exactly that "arse-shaking" doesn't count into being "culturally rich"

RE: It's really quite simple. South Korea is a very high-pressure society. This leads to high suicide rates.

Doesn't technology play an important role in this "high-pressure"?

RE: If you genuinely were are colour/race-blind as you claim, you would not have stereotyped an entire nation/ race.

and yes the day we are all "unisex", LGBTQ (whatever), colour/race-blind, politically and morally agnostic, spineless ... we will be a better people. I am so glad that I will be gone by that time!

rlopez2
*there*
Old 12th July 2018, 05:58 PM   #107
Elagabalus
Illuminator

rlopez2 has told us that we are living in a virtual prison. I think that accurately describes us all in a nutshell.
Elagabalus is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th July 2018, 06:42 PM   #108
Kid Eager
Philosopher

Incoherent Cuban Occultists FTW. Or something.
Old 13th July 2018, 01:47 AM   #109
Cosmic Yak
Master Poster

Originally Posted by carlitos View Post
The problem with asking someone in this dilemma to take a step back and take a look is that they aren't equipped to do that right now. They really need some kind of intervention, and not the virtual kind.
Agreed.
I'm in something of a dilemma as to whether or not to engage here. Does taking this stuff seriously and debating it help? I'm wondering if this would actually make it worse.
Old 13th July 2018, 09:57 AM   #110
rlopez2
Thinker

RE: Or they talk like this: I'm the victim of a vast government and tech sector conspiracy . . .

Actually, wikipedia also has an extensive entry on the topic

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Schizophrenia

but you don’t find a single line about MK-Ultra there and if you try to write something about how USG with the help of psychology departments all over the U.S. (those APA folks even had high ranking CIA idiots in their boards) does their harassment and persecution in ways that mimic schizophrenia in order to discredit their targets, they say to you that "you can’t say something like that because it hasn’t been published in the NYTimes" (I am not kidding you)
~
RE: rlopez2 has told us that we are living in a virtual prison

actually some people have stopped comparing our current situation to the Matrix, but call how/what we live in nowadays a "global, electromagnetic concentration camp"
~
RE: Kid Eager. Incoherent Cuban Occultists FTW. Or something.

Typisch! So now, you have nothing left but resorting to ad hominem non sense?
~
RE: ... Does taking this stuff seriously and debating it help? I'm wondering if this would actually make it worse.

Oh, you wanted to help? I really can't get what makes you think you should offer "help". You -seem- to be such a nice person! What is it exactly you want to "help" me with? what you consider to be my "paranoid rantings"?

You guys consider yourself really smart people, but I would encourage you to re-read, think about (probably, with some "help") some of your points. For a start, here is the definition of ego:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Self-concept

and also, when it comes to "helping" other people, if you knew people a bit you would understand your kind of algebraic, baseline logic is from laughable to crazy (in fact, at times I wonder if you are talking in jest):

a) I am a mentally sound, wholesome, smart person. How do I prove it to myself? Well, use technology! Therefore, if I don't get something right away (no slower than the click of a mouse), there must be something wrong with it or the person talking about it.

b) This "arse shaking" enthusiast, "racist" rlopez2 guy doesn't seem to be so enthusiastic about technology (even though he himself is a tech monkey). He seems to not only be quite paranoid, but proudly so! He doesn't engage in silly, "well-protocoled", protagonistic "back-and-forths" using the web-based framework as every sensical person does . . .

therefore: there must be something wrong with him! Great, Lord, help him! He is in need of "urgent" intervention!

rlopez2
Old 13th July 2018, 10:18 AM   #111
rlopez2
Thinker

For those of you still wondering if people are just losing their wits, here are two pieces of news about current day, police state USA

// __ Village Voice: 2016-06-28 NYPD Watchdog Shatters Bratton’s ‘Broken Windows’ — Now What?, by NICK PINTO

When sixteen-year-old Rhamar Perkins escaped police officers who were trying to arrest him for jumping a subway turnstile in Brownsville last week, the NYPD scrambled an all-night manhunt, complete with helicopters. The mobilization was eventually called off when Perkins turned himself in to the precinct four and a half hours later, but the incident — an all-out effort to catch a boy who skipped out on a $2.75 fare — makes for a pretty tidy illustration of what policing in New York City looks like in 2016.

. . .

http://www.villagevoice.com/news/nyp...w-what-8796746
~
// __ This 13-year-old boy recorded his talk with the principal — now he's being charged with an eavesdropping felony

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/13-y...163354136.html
~
rlopez2
Old 13th July 2018, 11:12 AM   #112
Jim_MDP
Philosopher

Are you ever going to use the Quote feature? Or, for your purposes, the even more useful "quotation marks" button next to it that lets you tag several posts and "multi-quote" them all at once?
Please... try.

As to the rest...
Dude... you (and many others) "hear voices". Your credibility at "educating" us ends right there.
The rabbit hole is not a good place for you. Log off.

"Suggesting spurious explanations isn't relevant to my work." -- WTC Dust.
"Both cannot be simultaneously true, and so one may conclude neither is true, and if neither is true, then Apollo is fraudulent." -- Patrick1000.
Jim_MDP is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th July 2018, 12:03 PM   #113
dudalb
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Elagabalus View Post
rlopez2 has told us that we are living in a virtual prison. I think that accurately describes us all in a nutshell.
I am now convinced that watching "The Matrix" can be very bad for your mental health.

Robert Heinlein.
dudalb is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th July 2018, 12:13 PM   #114
Agatha
Winking at the Moon

Mod InfoYou have more than 15 posts now, rlopez2, so you can include urls in your posts (which is why you are able to post wiki links). Please try to use the quote function, it makes it easier to work out to whom you are replying.
Posted By:Agatha
Old 15th July 2018, 01:43 AM   #115
Cosmic Yak
Master Poster

Originally Posted by Cosmic Yak View Post
Agreed.
I'm in something of a dilemma as to whether or not to engage here. Does taking this stuff seriously and debating it help? I'm wondering if this would actually make it worse.
<snipped more of the same>
Originally Posted by Jim_MDP View Post

As to the rest...
Dude... you (and many others) "hear voices". Your credibility at "educating" us ends right there.
The rabbit hole is not a good place for you. Log off.
Agreed.
rlopez2: Get help, mate. You won't find what you need on this forum.
Old 15th July 2018, 03:39 AM   #116
Kid Eager
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Cosmic Yak View Post
Agreed.
rlopez2: Get help, mate. You won't find what you need on this forum.
Concur. I’m out.
Old 15th July 2018, 12:38 PM   #117
The_Animus
Master Poster

Originally Posted by Kid Eager View Post
Concur. I’m out.
Yeah I actually read this whole thread. Fascinating. rlopez2 please seek help

Feeding trolls only makes them stronger, yet it is so hard to refrain.
The_Animus is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th July 2018, 08:16 PM   #118
Axxman300
Illuminator

When Spielberg made the movie about Snowden (I wonder what was the point of such movie, since the reality of it all was way more interesting, riveting; but probably he was making it easier, "more visual", ...),
Spielberg DIDN'T make the Snowden movie, Oliver Stone did. Odd that you would overlook a simple detail.

Quote:
he raised an important point as an open question: "how come in some 20,000+ people working at the NSA only one (actually a few) saw evil to its face?".
And what evil would that be exactly?

Quote:
Those NSA folks are, -must be- so out of touch with basic reality that, as reported from internal memos at the NSA, they complain about snitching at work as being "unprofessional"
And yet NSA has a tight internal affairs enforcement.

Quote:
, when the Chinese hacked their rear ends going back to the 1970's when they started to use computers (poetic justice of the greatest kind, indeed!) they complained about the possibility of foreign governments using that data to blackmail U.S. officials and used U.S. tax payers monies to pay themselves insurance, they even have a "Socrates of the NSA"!!!.
The Chinese hacked them in the 70's? You need to show how that computer was networked without a telephone.

Quote:
Now, do they even have the Saint Francis of the CIA torture chambers? child molesters for peace? Mother Theresa as the patron saint of corruption? Now, it is not that hard to understand that most of those folks have no clue about who Socrates was, but at least they should be aware of what they do, who, what they are.
The average NSA employee is better read than you appear to be.

Quote:
I wonder what those patriots fighting off occupation by the British and "the founding fathers" who thought a well written constitution would save them from such things, would think about the U.S. nowadays, how would ancient Athenians react to the idea of using "democracy" to institutionalize corruption, of secret laws which interpretations are secret,
You need to demonstrate how political corruption is a recent development, and how it didn't exist in post revolutionary USA. It would be nice if you could also demonstrate that the ancient Greeks didn't engage in espionage.

Quote:
what would those Jewish people in the Warsaw gettho think of the Israeli government playing Nazis nowadays with Palestine (actually they had their own internal "Jewish", whom they found more terrifying that Nazis themselves),
Oh, is Israel loading people into boxcars and transporting them to death camps?

Quote:
At least to some extent, engineering technologies have been helpful to societal good before in history. It doesn't seem to be the case in these times.
Show me any tool in the store, and I will show you how to kill someone with it. The problem isn't technology.
Old 15th July 2018, 08:21 PM   #119
Axxman300
Illuminator

RE: Or they talk like this: I'm the victim of a vast government and tech sector conspiracy . . .

Actually, wikipedia also has an extensive entry on the topic

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Schizophrenia

but you don’t find a single line about MK-Ultra there and if you try to write something about how USG with the help of psychology departments all over the U.S. (those APA folks even had high ranking CIA idiots in their boards) does their harassment and persecution in ways that mimic schizophrenia in order to discredit their targets, they say to you that "you can’t say something like that because it hasn’t been published in the NYTimes" (I am not kidding you)
~
And there it is.
Old 22nd July 2018, 11:03 AM   #120
rlopez2
Thinker

RE: Get help, mate. You won't find what you need on this forum.

thank you anyway for letting me know that animals don't have egos and about all those many Koreas. What kind of "help" do you get in order to arrive at such conclusions?
~
RE: Yeah I actually read this whole thread. Fascinating. rlopez2 please seek help

Again, as Snowden revelations showed, it doesn't seem to be easy to see, expose yourself as an idiot, but what puts you in the position of telling people "they need help" and, much more importantly, why exactly do they? I mean, provided your brain can articulate more than short, three-word sentences.

Way before Snowden revelations:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Edward_Snowden

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Snowden_effect

I had been telling people about what I am talking about on this post and not all, but most would roll their eyes in the "but what does the government care about my 'breast'?" kinds of reactions that Snowden's girlfriend had when he would anxiously try to tell her about such matters.

My intention is not being protagonistic, claiming some credit in any way. What I do find interesting is people's reactions when you tell them some truth that seems to be too metabolically demanding to their brains; their own normalcy bias and assumptions.

Here is a very explicit post of mine 7 months before Snowden in their fora and those pgdp folks definitely can read sentences with more than three words:
~
// __ lies ... (by lbrtchx » 28 Nov 2012 23:19)

https://www.pgdp.net/phpBB3/viewtopi...47168&start=15

"The U.S. government has quietly turned 'the land of the free' into a police state in ways that make George Orwell's 1984 read like children stories ... "
~
which I publicly posted here:

https://ipsoscustodes.wordpress.com/...owden-on-pgdp/
~
From the little corner from which I see reality I have taken away from my own research, work, life to try to make people see what is going on, why is it so wrong and why should they care:
~
// __ The Philosopher of Surveillance. What Happens When a Failed Writer Becomes a Loyal Spy? Peter Maass

https://theintercept.com/2015/08/11/...nts=1#comments
~
// __ New Study Shows Mass Surveillance Breeds Meekness, Fear and Self-Censorship. Glenn Greenwald

https://theintercept.com/2016/04/28/...nts=1#comments
~
RE: Spielberg DIDN'T make the Snowden movie, Oliver Stone did. Odd that you would overlook a simple detail.

I don't watch movies. I don't even own a TV set by choice. I find watching TV/movies insufferably stupid. So, I don't even know well, nor do I care about the difference between Spielberg and Oliver Stone (if any). I mean I could not even get the point about making such a movie, but the point he made you were still able to fish, it seems; even if not from the limb I was holding it.
~
RE: And what evil would that be exactly?

The kind of social experiments relating to "obedience to (what people seem to see as) 'authority'"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Milgram_experiment

which have been questioned, repeated and cased to exhaustion have clearly shown that 2 out of 3 (65%, which socially means pretty much everybody (way over the critical social mass)) regardless of their religion, race, social status, ... even that angelically looking girl that loves grandpa, you could not fathom as doing harm to anyone ... would do downright inhumane things to their own, including fatally torturing them. That "morality" is a functional Hollywoodesque illusion. All they need is a mild and distant resemblance of "authority" (which basically means they just do it because they want, they find doing such things satisfying).

I had always thought in the "thou shalt love thy neighbor as thyself" kind of way, what would that ratio be if the people doing wrong, inflicting harm to other people would be paid to do so, or are being told they are just "patriots" doing their work, what they are doing is "legal", or that those other people are Muslims, "negritos" from banana republics ... I think that NSA figure gives a pretty good estimate, which is also quite consistent with other figures.

Also, I don't read newspapers but I am old enough to remember how you would think you would never hear the end of it when it came to gringos talking about how the Chinese, Russians, Cuban, ... would spy on their own. How "unAmerican" was that?! Then when people discovered that the NSA was spying on them in ways that would not resemble anything known to humankind before no one reacted in any way, really. It was all then about "metadata".
~
RE: And yet NSA has a tight internal affairs enforcement.

Why?

If such morally deafferented NSA ******** are just "patriots" doing their "patriotic" work, why/from whom do they hide? What is it they worry about? A bunch of such idiots once went to some University in a recruiting campaign and when the students realized what was that all about they pulled their cell phones and started taking pictures of them. They ran away covering their faces. At theintercept, they published large data sets of their office chatter. It makes for some fun reading. Don't you think there must be something very wrong with anyone capable of having such ideations as "the Socrates of the NSA?" I reminded me of that guy that the Taliban captured and traded back to the U.S. military. He was saying that he thought Iraq was going to be like: "Americorps, but wit guns" (so in his mind he was not just a mercenary genocidally invading a country, based on lies). When you see people having such ideations you wonder what will be next. Also, when it comes to gringos all such ideations are ultimately based on abuse.

They have such "a tight internal affairs enforcement", as you put it, not to avoid spying by foreign states, but in order to protect themselves from shame and, as it happened in East Germany, having society at large disrespect, hate them. Of course "Vladimir Putin", the Chinese know all there is to be known about them. Even a minor player such as Castro running an open police state had been talking about their excesses and the possible related dangers of such monstrosity.
~
RE: The Chinese hacked them in the 70's? You need to show how that computer was networked without a telephone.

OK, you should make your attempts at sarcasm a bit more elaborate, because it may actually show your own idiocy (as if defending the NSA was not enough).

I did say in not such totally clear, fool-proof way:

"when the Chinese hacked their rear ends going back to the 1970's when they started to use computers"

meaning:

"the Chinese hacked their rear ends June 2015 stealing excruciatingly detailed data going back to the 1980s when they started to use computers, which content refers to all kinds of incidents definitely prior to the 1980s".

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Office...nt_data_breach

// __ 22 Million Affected by OPM Hack, Officials Say

https://abcnews.go.com/US/exclusive-...ry?id=32332731
~
// __ Why The OPM Breach Is Such a Security and Privacy Debacle

https://www.wired.com/2015/06/opm-br...ivacy-debacle/
~
I for one, was cosmically glad that they owned their *** and screwed them really hard. You should read those records published by theIntercept. They went into deep (and quite laughable) soul searching awakenings. They were even publicly saying that all that data can be used to blackmail people. Oh, effing really?!? and when those kinds of people who have ideations about "the Socrates of the NSA" say, think in such ways they aren't able to see anything wrong with it.
~
RE: The average NSA employee is better read than you appear to be.

You know, I had always thought of those "NSA employees" as intellectually and morally superior. Thank you for making it clear to me. So, it is all about being a "better read"?

How is it exactly that being "better read" would make you see, read and write anything worth "reading" or giving you the spine and reasons to do so?
~
RE: You need to demonstrate how political corruption is a recent development, and how it didn't exist in post revolutionary USA.

First "political corruption" is redundant and so, it has always been around, but anyone could see it was not my point at all. What I am talking about here is the degree and control that our rulers can exert on society at large and everyone of us individually. In fact, they have such a degree of control that their main concern is keeping people unaware of it.
~
RE: It would be nice if you could also demonstrate that the ancient Greeks didn't engage in espionage.

Of course they did and I wasn't talking about the Greeks, but a moment in the history of Athenians specifically when they invented social technologies relating to their "democracy" and what it seems to have meant to them based on their manifestly factual practices:

* making the whole process totally open, totally transparent and totally participative (to them: one vote = one count)

* the "power to the people" kinds of folks they were, they did primarily vote for the actual issues at hand, not just for their "politicians" (whom they saw more as administrative officers than their rulers)

* even though the Greeks were at constant wars with each other, Athenians didn't seem to have given a ***** about "illegal immigrants" participating in their democracy, ...).

and, yes, after the Athenians on their own (without the help of the more savvy, warrying Spartans) defended themselves from the hugely more powerful Persians and beat them, they also had their "superior", imperial period.
~
RE: Oh, is Israel loading people into boxcars and transporting them to death camps?

No, AFAIK they haven't been doing that, also where are they going to "transport" them, but, don't you think you should expect more from "the region's only democracy" (TM)? What they have been doing is:

* occupying foreign/other people's land (with USG help and financing of U.S. taxpayers). They say (and apparently believe) "their God is their beneficial landlord, who gave them that land" ...

* maintaining the largest and longest concentration camps in the history of humanity even manipulating their water supplies for genocidal purposes and informing their USG buddies about it

* fatally using school children for target practices and having their "region's only democracy" judges free such individuals, because "they didn't 'intent' to kill those children" ... (you see 'intent' matters when it comes to agents and actions)

* being upset with Palestinians for not serving as their own "Warsaw ghetto Jewish police" (from whom they asked Nazis themselves for clemency)

* being upset about Palestinians not serving as labor force in the concentration camps they have instituted

I would ask you a question you may see as very odd, but it has still a crucial and illuminating moral payload in it. Given the (crazy and odd, I admit) options, whom do you think stand on a higher moral high ground, those who seek and go headon to grab far away land from people who can defend themselves on an equal basis or from people whom they well know can't defend themselves, even though you make such a big deal about their "hostility" because they throw stones at you which they get from their homes being bulldozed by yourself?
~
RE: Show me any tool in the store, and I will show you how to kill someone with it. The problem isn't technology.

Again, this is not what I am talking about. I would admit and I think I have stated it clearly enough that, yes, the problem isn't -entirely- about technology, but I think anyone can see my point. The problem with technology now is it has enable them to have such a degree of control on every single individual in society that they can not only entertain illusions about it, but they can actually "play God" (they think).
~
rlopez2

Edited by kmortis:  Do not mask profanities. To do so violated Rule 10 of the MA

Last edited by kmortis; 26th July 2018 at 08:54 AM. Reason: edited to let the autocensor do its job

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories