ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Old 10th July 2019, 08:42 AM   #1
Gingervytes
Critical Thinker

This is why they call it fake news. It’s manipulation and mind control for sheeple.

Can’t blame anyone but yourself

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mFFuwFU6GB0
Gingervytes is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th July 2019, 08:58 AM   #2
carlitos
"más divertido"

Woo Hoo! I'm viewer #8!
carlitos is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th July 2019, 09:01 AM   #3
isissxn
Rough Around the Edges

Um... okay? Cool.
isissxn is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th July 2019, 09:25 AM   #4
Hellbound
Merchant of Doom

Location: Not in Hell, but I can see it from here on a clear day...
Ahhh...sheeple.

It's good to hear the classics again.

Now we just need some realistice.
Old 10th July 2019, 10:08 AM   #5
Jack by the hedge
Safely Ignored

Originally Posted by carlitos View Post
Woo Hoo! I'm viewer #8!
I'm not-viewer number whatever.

Was it worth your time? What was your favourite part?
Jack by the hedge is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th July 2019, 10:13 AM   #6
carlitos
"más divertido"

I use an ad blocker and I only saw the opening frame, trying to ensure that no revenue was derived from my click. Just wanted to verify that this was another spammy "Jerry Sprocket" video link.
carlitos is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th July 2019, 10:30 AM   #7
halleyscomet
Philosopher

Who did "Jerry Sprocket" plagiarize from this time?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IL4vWJbwmqM
YouTube Video This video is not hosted by the ISF. The ISF can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website.
I AGREE
Old 10th July 2019, 11:04 AM   #8
Apathia
Philosopher

The audio got washed over by the X-Files theme, so I stopped watching.

"Humans aren't rational creatures but rationalizing creatures."
Author Unknown
Apathia is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th July 2019, 11:36 AM   #9
dudalb
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Apathia View Post
The audio got washed over by the X-Files theme, so I stopped watching.
I skipped forward a few minutes, and while talking about the CFR they were playing the Imperial March (aka the Darth Vader theme) from Star Wars. Hitting all the sinister musical clichés.
As for content, absoutley nothing new. Just a recycle of standard conspiracy crap.
I put down Jerry Sprocket as just another Alex Jones wannabe.

Robert Heinlein.

Last edited by dudalb; 10th July 2019 at 11:37 AM.
dudalb is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th July 2019, 11:40 AM   #10
Trebuchet
Penultimate Amazing

Spammy McSpamFace.
Old 10th July 2019, 11:48 AM   #11
Ranb
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Gingervytes View Post
At 45 seconds into the video, how do you know it is a staged car bomb?

Ranb
Ranb is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th July 2019, 11:49 AM   #12
Belz...
Fiend God

Irony.

"My views are nonsense. So what?" - BobTheCoward

Belz... is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th July 2019, 11:52 AM   #13
BStrong
Penultimate Amazing

Somebody is lonely and their YT channel is lonelier.

"Dulce bellum inexpertīs." - Erasmus
BStrong is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th July 2019, 11:56 AM   #14
halleyscomet
Philosopher

Originally Posted by dudalb View Post
I skipped forward a few minutes, and while talking about the CFR they were playing the Imperial March (aka the Darth Vader theme) from Star Wars. Hitting all the sinister musical clichés.
As for content, absoutley nothing new. Just a recycle of standard conspiracy crap.

Based on the track record of the "Jerry Sprocket" channel, it's most likely video STOLEN from "another Alex Jones wannabe."

"Jerry Sprocket" is too lazy to excrete their own crap, they have to scoop it out of another outhouse.
Old 10th July 2019, 11:58 AM   #15
3point14
Pi

I now have Elton John in my head singing:

I guess that's why they call it fake news
Time spent on truth could be time chasing views

Anyone that wraps themselves in the Union Flag and also lives in tax exile is a [redacted]
3point14 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th July 2019, 12:00 PM   #16
sackett
Philosopher

Jack Hughes!

I accuse the youtubers! I accuse the yams! I accuse the irish poatoes!

I accuse the hot tubbers!

Anybody I've left out? Or righted out?

Where's Ross Parrot when you need him?

What region of the earth is not filled with our calamities? -- Virgil
sackett is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th July 2019, 12:00 PM   #17
BStrong
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by halleyscomet View Post
Based on the track record of the "Jerry Sprocket" channel, it's most likely video STOLEN from "another Alex Jones wannabe."

"Jerry Sprocket" is too lazy to excrete their own crap, they have to scoop it out of another outhouse.
A dishonest individual from Conspiralandistan?!

BStrong is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th July 2019, 01:11 PM   #18
Elagabalus
Illuminator

Originally Posted by halleyscomet View Post
Who did "Jerry Sprocket" plagiarize from this time?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IL4vWJbwmqM
YouTube Video This video is not hosted by the ISF. The ISF can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website.
I AGREE
It says down on the bottom, "Recorded with Debut Home Edition. Upgrade to Pro to remove this message."
Elagabalus is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th July 2019, 01:21 PM   #19
Mojo
Mostly harmless

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mFFuwFU6GB0

yt;dw

Why do they call it fake news? What is “it”? And who are “they”

"The poor mystic homeopaths feel like petted house-cats thrown at high flood on the breaking ice." - Leon Trotsky
Mojo is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th July 2019, 02:19 PM   #20
smartcooky
Penultimate Amazing

yt;dw also

Judging by the OP's body of work, this will not even be worth the giggles & lolz
smartcooky is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th July 2019, 03:21 PM   #21
Skeptic Ginger
Nasty Woman

So a propaganda video is supposed to be evidence of propaganda in the news media.

Yes, I do believe that is why some people are so easy to lead by the nose.
Old 10th July 2019, 03:51 PM   #22
bruto
Penultimate Amazing

I presume from the thread title that the video in question is fake news, and since I don't waste my time on fake news, I have not opened the video, but if someone else has taken one for the team, perhaps he or she could give us a capsule review.

Quand il dit "cuic" le moineau croit tout dire. (When he's tweeted the sparrow thinks he's said it all. (Jules Renard)
bruto is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th July 2019, 03:51 PM   #23
Venom
Master Poster

What the hell is this?
Venom is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th July 2019, 03:58 PM   #24
Gingervytes
Critical Thinker

Is this a conspiracy site or a government shill site?
Gingervytes is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th July 2019, 04:00 PM   #25
Venom
Master Poster

C. a show your evidence or shut up site
Venom is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th July 2019, 04:02 PM   #26
Mojo
Mostly harmless

"The poor mystic homeopaths feel like petted house-cats thrown at high flood on the breaking ice." - Leon Trotsky
Mojo is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th July 2019, 04:09 PM   #27
Norman Alexander
Philosopher

Let's shorten the name to what it really is: It's *****.
...our governments are just trying to protect us from terror. In the same way that someone banging a hornets’ nest with a stick is trying to protect us from hornets. Frankie Boyle, Guardian, July 2015
Norman Alexander is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th July 2019, 04:17 PM   #28
abaddon
Penultimate Amazing

<snigger>Video removed by user

...love and buttercakes...
abaddon is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th July 2019, 04:27 PM   #29
Norman Alexander
Philosopher

Originally Posted by abaddon View Post
<snigger>Video removed by user
Why can't it be "User removed by viewers".
...our governments are just trying to protect us from terror. In the same way that someone banging a hornets’ nest with a stick is trying to protect us from hornets. Frankie Boyle, Guardian, July 2015
Norman Alexander is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th July 2019, 05:20 PM   #30
JayUtah
Penultimate Amazing

It's a skeptics' site. That means we ask hard questions about your conspiracy theory and you supply clear, concise, honest answers backed up with verifiable evidence. Historically that's not what you do

Last edited by JayUtah; 10th July 2019 at 05:39 PM.
JayUtah is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th July 2019, 07:21 PM   #31
Apathia
Philosopher

Originally Posted by dudalb View Post

Well it's all Spacely Sprockets then if the content is blasted over by show tunes.

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q...A&&FORM=VRDGAR

"Humans aren't rational creatures but rationalizing creatures."
Author Unknown
Apathia is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th July 2019, 08:29 PM   #32
Matthew Ellard
Graduate Poster

The video was removed by the user but has now been loaded up again.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sjj6fdM6Kmw

The opening scene has Indians waving the Indian flag and an Indian electoral poster. In the corner of the screen the news broadcaster who carried this story has the tag "Live in Tripoli"

Jerry Sprocket says "You were told this was Libya.......but is in fact India."

No. Not really. The flag clearly indicate it is India and some stupid newsroom stock footage researcher used the wrong stock footage. .........so what?
Matthew Ellard is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th July 2019, 11:06 PM   #33
Matthew Ellard
Graduate Poster

Note the You Tube category that Jerry Sprocket has loaded his video into. The irony is that he has lied about what his video is about.......while telling us people lie.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Sproket.JPG (14.8 KB, 6 views)
Matthew Ellard is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th July 2019, 09:14 AM   #34
bknight
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by Matthew Ellard View Post

Note the You Tube category that Jerry Sprocket has loaded his video into. The irony is that he has lied about what his video is about.......while telling us people lie.
That is rather telling of Gv and her links, that I choose not to open, preventing any monetization.
bknight is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th July 2019, 09:19 AM   #35
Belz...
Fiend God

You think random internet forums are government operations?

"My views are nonsense. So what?" - BobTheCoward

Belz... is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th July 2019, 09:24 AM   #36
Dave Rogers
Bandaged ice that stampedes inexpensively through a scribbled morning waving necessary ankles

Originally Posted by Belz... View Post
You think random internet forums are government operations?
Of course s/he does. It's one of the most reliable predictions of the inflationary model of conspiracy theories, and usually represents a point fairly close to the inflationary limit.

Dave
Me: So what you're saying is that, if the load carrying ability of the lower structure is reduced to the point where it can no longer support the load above it, it will collapse without a jolt, right?

Tony Szamboti: That is right
Dave Rogers is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th July 2019, 10:00 AM   #37
JayUtah
Penultimate Amazing

People who don't spend too much time actually reading the sites they spam their theories to often see sections labeled along the lines of "Conspiracy Theories" and mistake them for the echo-chamber forums such as Godlike Productions or Above Top Secret, where skeptics are generally only briefly tolerated and the majority of the discussion simply wallows in tin-foil millinaria. Those posters are then often surprised when they get a skeptical response at forums like this.

But then of course Gingervytes seems to be adept at saying the right inflammatory things at the right times to generate pages of indignant comments in response.
JayUtah is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th July 2019, 10:04 AM   #38
bknight
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by JayUtah View Post
<snip>

But then of course Gingervytes seems to be adept at saying the right inflammatory things at the right times to generate pages of indignant comments in response.
That sounds rather like a troll.
bknight is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th July 2019, 10:04 AM   #39
BStrong
Penultimate Amazing

It's a site that mostly involves adults having conversations about many different subjects.

If you're looking for credulous followers you better find a site with those "sheep" you like to bleat about.

Old 11th July 2019, 10:33 AM   #40
JayUtah
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by bknight View Post
That sounds rather like a troll.
You might think that, but I couldn't possibly comment.

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories