ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » General Skepticism and The Paranormal

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags aliens , Vivian Gomez

Old 12th June 2019, 09:01 AM   #1
tinribmancer
Hasbarian NWO Templar Cattle

Talking Vivian Gomez from Colorado has seen an Alien

https://www.vrt.be/vrtnws/nl/2019/06...-is-het-alles/

The tweets are in English. For the rest, I'd suggest GT.

Pretty sure It's just a kid, although she claims that it's not her son. Could still be another kid that lives down the block.

Video: https://www.facebook.com/vivian.gome...6790852937217/

For a so-called "alien", he sure walks fast and wobbly...

Edit: And for some reason, this "alien" is doing a chicken dance at 0:07...

"And belief in conspiracy theories is not the function of a higher intellect." - BStrong

Last edited by tinribmancer; 12th June 2019 at 09:08 AM.
tinribmancer is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th June 2019, 10:29 AM   #2
William Parcher
Show me the monkey!

It's not a person. I would say that it is CGI that is either done by Gomez or someone close to her. The character seems to be a copy of Dobby, or was inspired by him.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-driveway.html

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mGgPGR1Pjyk
Old 12th June 2019, 10:46 AM   #3
wasapi
Philosopher

Vivian Gomez from Colorado, is, I believe, nuts.
Old 12th June 2019, 01:48 PM   #4
bytewizard
Master Poster

It's Foghorn Leghorn's featherless son.
bytewizard is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th June 2019, 04:32 PM   #5
Hungry81
Master Poster

oh no whatever could it be? A kid in a costume.

Case closed.
Hungry81 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th June 2019, 05:12 PM   #6
p0lka
Graduate Poster

It's a kid in shorts with a rubber chicken on their head.
p0lka is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th June 2019, 05:50 PM   #7
William Parcher
Show me the monkey!

Suspicious things:

She doesn't say why she reviewed her security footage. Why look at it at all if there wasn't a burglary or theft or damages?

She says she doesn't know why "the other two cameras" didn't capture anything.

We only see this thing walking away from her door. She makes no mention of footage of this thing walking up to her door. The camera would seem to be motion-sensing. She says that it runs for 10 seconds at a time.

I think she knows what is going on and is just pretending to be clueless.
Old 12th June 2019, 05:55 PM   #8
William Parcher
Show me the monkey!

https://www.facebook.com/vivian.gome...6790852937217/

I don't fully understand the sounds. At the very end there is a human voice heard, but I can't tell what is said. I hear wind sound and then something like slapping - is that the feet making sounds?
Old 12th June 2019, 11:49 PM   #9
Checkmite
Skepticifimisticalationist

It's her own young son, walking silly with a rumpled t-shirt on top of his head. There are pictures of the kid on her Facebook page and his size appears consistent with the video.

He's not in a costume; he's just got the shirt on his head. When he gets far enough away from the camera it becomes apparent he's wearing shorts and some kind of flip-flops or sandals. Maybe crocs.

Last edited by Checkmite; 12th June 2019 at 11:51 PM.
Checkmite is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th June 2019, 12:04 AM   #10
Foolmewunz
Grammar Resistance Leader
TLA Dictator

I love the shadow on the fence on the right side. You can see it pause before the main action commences and then the subject moves into view and the shadow moves forward.

"Wait, Timmy! Wait 'til Mommy says "Go!" ".

It's not that liberals have become less tolerant. It's that conservatives have become more intolerable.
Foolmewunz is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th June 2019, 08:50 AM   #11
isissxn
Rough Around the Edges

Snopes seems to agree that it's probably a kid with clothing pulled up over his head.

https://www.snopes.com/news/2019/06/...y-alien-video/
isissxn is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th June 2019, 05:05 PM   #12
p0lka
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by Foolmewunz View Post
I love the shadow on the fence on the right side. You can see it pause before the main action commences and then the subject moves into view and the shadow moves forward.

"Wait, Timmy! Wait 'til Mommy says "Go!" ".
The shadow on the fence is, to me, the shadow of a door being pushed open and then closing again as the kid leaves the house to perform the funny walk.
p0lka is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » General Skepticism and The Paranormal