ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Old Yesterday, 10:21 PM   #481
TragicMonkey
Poisoned Waffles

Originally Posted by Stacko View Post
Auto-correct is a fickle tool.
On my phone that sentence changes to read 'autocracy is a pickled fool'.
Old Yesterday, 10:40 PM   #482
Minoosh
Philosopher

Originally Posted by TragicMonkey View Post
On my phone that sentence changes to read 'autocracy is a pickled fool'.
That works
Minoosh is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Yesterday, 11:38 PM   #483
FenerFan
Illuminator

Originally Posted by Captain_Swoop View Post
Classy place that club of his.

Here is the Omelette bar.

http://www.internationalskeptics.com...ictureid=12079
Don Jr: "I want a cheese omelet, no a western omelet, I want pancakes, I want a cappuccino, I want hash browns..."

Trump: "YOU'LL GET NOTHING AND LIKE IT!"
Old Yesterday, 11:43 PM   #484
Pixel42
Schrödinger's cat

Originally Posted by CapelDodger View Post
For "explained", insert "has said stuff about", and we can surely dismiss this option. People will have said stuff to Trump about this. And every time, Trump will have heard "Blah blah blah ..." and wonder, if he wonders anything, why these people are talking to him. Or, indeed, who they are.
Bob Woodward's book confirmed this. Lots of people (including the Chairman of the Federal Reserve IIRC) have tried to explain to Trump how tariffs work. He sits there nodding and appears to be listening, and then carries on as if no-one had said a word. So not only was he profoundly ignorant of everything he needed to know in order to do the job when he was elected, he is still just as profoundly ignorant two years later. Because he cannot be taught.
Old Today, 12:23 AM   #485
The Great Zaganza
Maledictorian

Trump doesn't learn from facts, only from consequences to him.
If he was still building hotels, he would realize how tariffs on steel affect the US.

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics