IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Old 24th December 2022, 03:31 PM   #481
dudalb
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by trustbutverify View Post
Did not see this coming:
Could be the most entertaing Catfight since "All About Eve".

Robert Heinlein.
dudalb is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 24th December 2022, 03:57 PM   #482
Foster Zygote
Dental Floss Tycoon

Originally Posted by dudalb View Post
I was thinking Death Becomes Her.
Counterbalance in the little town of Ridgeview, Ohio. Two people permanently enslaved by the tyranny of fear and superstitution, facing the future with a kind of helpless dread. Two others facing the future with confidence - having escaped one of the darker places of the Twilight Zone.
Foster Zygote is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th December 2022, 07:20 PM   #483
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Foster Zygote View Post
I was thinking Death Becomes Her.
Clearly you've forgotten Dynasty catfights between Alexis and every other woman on the show.
Stacyhs is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th December 2022, 08:07 PM   #484
Norman Alexander
Penultimate Amazing

According to that far-left parrot-cage-liner, The Daily Fail, looks like EmptyG is striking out in all directions.
Quote:
Hardline conservatives turn on Marjorie Taylor-Greene and brand her 'trailer park hoodrat' for backing Kevin McCarthy, fighting with Lauren Boebert and 'affair' with tantric sex guru that ended her marriage
  • Far-right pundits have been criticizing Representative Marjorie Taylor Greene
  • Greene was blasted for supporting Kevin McCarthy to be next House Speaker
  • Jan 6th organizer Ali Alexander wrote Greene was trying to protect McCarthy
  • Far-right radio host Stew Peters called her a threat to national security
  • Republican Mike Crispi accused Greene of being blackmailed by McCarthy
  • Nick Fuentes has encouraged his followers to heckle her at campaign events
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-McCarthy.html
...our governments are just trying to protect us from terror. In the same way that someone banging a hornets’ nest with a stick is trying to protect us from hornets. Frankie Boyle, Guardian, July 2015
Norman Alexander is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 27th December 2022, 12:56 PM   #485
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

Poor Madge. My heart just bleeds for her.

Stacyhs is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th December 2022, 10:49 AM   #486
trustbutverify
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Skeptic Ginger View Post
If you like tabloid gossip, here's a link to EmptyG's adulterous life:

Daily Fail: EXCLUSIVE: Embattled QAnon congresswoman Marjorie Taylor Greene 'openly cheated' on her husband of 25 years with a polyamorous tantric sex guru and then moved on to another affair with the manager at her gym[/url]

Lots of pics.
Strong, traditional family values.
trustbutverify is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th December 2022, 06:17 PM   #487
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

Strong, traditional, Christian family values.
FTFY
Old 28th December 2022, 10:32 PM   #488
Susheel
Illuminator

Originally Posted by Norman Alexander View Post
According to that far-left parrot-cage-liner, The Daily Fail, looks like EmptyG is striking out in all directions.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-McCarthy.html
It was all the fault of "teh gays". She wouldn't have done this if it weren't for "teh gays" and their destruction of her Family Values (TM)
Old 28th December 2022, 11:03 PM   #489
Norman Alexander
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Susheel View Post
It was all the fault of "teh gays". She wouldn't have done this if it weren't for "teh gays" and their destruction of her Family Values (TM)
Yup. Now look what "teh gays" made her do!
...our governments are just trying to protect us from terror. In the same way that someone banging a hornets’ nest with a stick is trying to protect us from hornets. Frankie Boyle, Guardian, July 2015
Norman Alexander is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th December 2022, 12:01 AM   #490
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Skeptic Ginger View Post
If you like tabloid gossip, here's a link to EmptyG's adulterous life:

Daily Fail: EXCLUSIVE: Embattled QAnon congresswoman Marjorie Taylor Greene 'openly cheated' on her husband of 25 years with a polyamorous tantric sex guru and then moved on to another affair with the manager at her gym[/url]

Lots of pics.
"Boebert said. 'I don't believe in this, just like I don't believe in Russian space lasers, Jewish space lasers, and all of this.' "

That's because they're not real Jewish space lasers. They're just Jew-ish.
Old 29th December 2022, 02:06 AM   #491
Norman Alexander
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Stacyhs View Post
"Boebert said. 'I don't believe in this, just like I don't believe in Russian space lasers, Jewish space lasers, and all of this.' "

That's because they're not real Jewish space lasers. They're just Jew-ish.
Space lasers are very Qanon. But then Boebert is Qanon-adjacent herself. So hypocrite much, you ignorant little reptile?
Quote:
Boebert has embraced the QAnon conspiracy theory. During a March 15, 2021, town hall in Montrose, Colorado, advertised only to local Republicans who were asked to not disclose it publicly, she was asked when Hillary Clinton and other former officials would be arrested, a recurring theme of QAnon. She responded that she knew someone involved with documents declassified by Trump during the closing days of his presidency, and that the documents would reveal corruption that would trigger resignations that would allow Republicans to retake the House and Senate before 2022, echoing a theory promoted by The Epoch Times. Boebert urged people to dismiss comments about the outlet's unreliability and said the information came from "very good sources"
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lauren_Boebert
Old 30th December 2022, 04:12 AM   #492
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

Space lasers are very Qanon. But then Boebert is Qanon-adjacent herself. So hypocrite much, you ignorant little reptile?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lauren_Boebert
She's an idiot.
Old 30th December 2022, 04:14 AM   #493
Norman Alexander
Penultimate Amazing

She's an idiot.
Well, duh.
Old 30th December 2022, 09:34 AM   #494
Gulliver Foyle
Muse

Fifty bucks says MTG cannot name the US states.
I would not be surprised if one of the states she fails to mention is the one she "represents".
Gulliver Foyle is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th December 2022, 01:03 PM   #495
dudalb
Penultimate Amazing

Strong, traditional family values.
Corleone family values.

Robert Heinlein.
dudalb is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th December 2022, 02:39 PM   #496
trustbutverify
Penultimate Amazing

Corleone family values.
The Corleone's were far more ethical than this crud.
trustbutverify is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd January 2023, 04:30 PM   #497
Carlotta
Muse

Poor Madge. My heart just bleeds for her.

Purple peanut butter?
Carlotta is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th January 2023, 08:22 AM   #498
Segnosaur
Penultimate Amazing

Can we all forgive her now?

Kurtz then asked Greene to comment on her previous associations with the standard beliefs of the QAnon movement, which she casually brushed off. "Well, like a lot of people today, I had easily gotten sucked in to some things I'd seen on the internet," Greene said. "But that was dealt with quickly early on. I never campaigned on those things. That was not something I believed in. That was not what I ran for Congress on. So those are so far in the past."

So you see? She was a helpless victim in all of this.

Ok, lets ignore the fact that she is lying when she said her association with QAnon was dealt with 'quickly'. (She may have even been discussing it with Trump's team around the Jan6 terrorist attack.). Why exactly do you think she is back tracking a bit here?

Could she actually be trying to morph into a real, responsible person?

Or, did she just realize that Gaetz and Bobert have managed to successfully take over the role of "extremist nutcases", so she has to adjust to remain relevant. (Otherwise she just becomes one idiot among many.)

I'm Mary Poppins Y'all! - Yondu

We are Groot - Groot
Segnosaur is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th January 2023, 11:20 AM   #499
Gord_in_Toronto
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Segnosaur View Post

Kurtz then asked Greene to comment on her previous associations with the standard beliefs of the QAnon movement, which she casually brushed off. "Well, like a lot of people today, I had easily gotten sucked in to some things I'd seen on the internet," Greene said. "But that was dealt with quickly early on. I never campaigned on those things. That was not something I believed in. That was not what I ran for Congress on. So those are so far in the past."

Ok, lets ignore the fact that she is lying when she said her association with QAnon was dealt with 'quickly'. (She may have even been discussing it with Trump's team around the Jan6 terrorist attack.). Why exactly do you think she is back tracking a bit here?

Or, did she just realize that Gaetz and Bobert have managed to successfully take over the role of "extremist nutcases", so she has to adjust to remain relevant. (Otherwise she just becomes one idiot among many.)
There needs to be a second interview where her feet are held to the fire and she is asked one by one about a least a dozen or so Q-Beliefs and answer if she believed each one in the past and does she now still believe each one is true.

I am perfectly capable of someone growing up but they do have to demonstrate that they have done so.
Old 9th January 2023, 12:43 PM   #500
sackett
Philosopher

Growing up is so mundane.

Growing down is way more fun to watch. I'm going to say here & now that I've never seen any fascist do anything else. It's not in the nature of minds like theirs to change in any other direction.

Well, why should they? The only reward in rightieness is feeling good about your worst impulses. Growing up, that is, growing out of your brown shirt, can only spoil that. So down we go!

Keep watching. Empty G will soon bring a rubber truncheon and a liter of castor oil to Congress, and display them fleeringly on her desk.

Sure I'm kidding, oh hell yes, of course.

If you would ruin a man's character, let him seize power.
sackett is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th January 2023, 01:33 PM   #501
mgidm86
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Segnosaur View Post

I doubt it. Look at her Wikipedia page, she's always been a controversial nutcase.
mgidm86 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th January 2023, 01:45 PM   #502
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

I would say she's just as crazy and conspiracy minded as she ever was considering this:

From July, 2022:

Washington, D.C. — Today, U.S. Congressman Matt Gaetz (FL-01), along with Reps. Jeff Duncan (SC-03), Paul Gosar (AZ-04), and Marjorie Taylor Greene (GA-14), introduced the “Disarm the IRS Act” of 2022, prohibiting the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) from acquiring, by purchase or otherwise, any ammunition after the bill’s enactment.

This is just another part of their QAnon conspiracy nonsense. From Mediamatters:https://www.mediamatters.org/fox-new...wealthy-donors

Quote:
“In 2018, the Government Accountability Office reported that more than 2,000 IRS enforcement agents have more than 4,000 weapons. Guns -- that kill people, remember?” Carlson added. “The IRS is also stockpiling more than 5 million rounds of ammunition.”

Carlson’s guest that night, Rep. Matt Gaetz (R-FL), argued that the Biden administration is “raising taxes and disarming Americans. So, of course, they are arming up the IRS like they’re preparing to take Fallujah.” was on the show to talk about a bill he introduced called the Disarm the IRS Act in July; the bill is co-sponsored by Reps. Marjorie Taylor Greene (R-GA) and Paul Gosar (R-AZ), two of the most extreme members of the House Republican caucus.
The truth from Verify This:

Quote:
Between March 1 and June 1, 2022, the criminal division of the IRS ordered $696,000 in ammunition, the IRS told VERIFY in an email.
Quote:
From 2010 through 2017, the IRS has spent an average of $675,000 on ammunition a year, the report shows. During that time, the IRS spent the most in 2011, with $1,100,000 in spending.
Quote:
In comparison, the Treasury Inspector General for Tax Administration, which is responsible for conducting investigations of misconduct or fraud within the IRS, spent an average of $250,625 a year on ammunition from 2010 through 2017.

The U.S. Marshals Service spent an average of nearly $3.2 million annually on ammunition during that same time period.

The GAO told VERIFY there is no more recent data available on the IRS annual spending.

So, we can confirm the IRS did buy nearly $700,000 in ammunition between March 1 and June 1, but it is to arm their criminal division and is not a new trend.
Old 9th January 2023, 03:26 PM   #503
Norman Alexander
Penultimate Amazing

Since when did EmptyG ever have anything to do with verifiable facts and sanity? Since when has it ever been anything else but promoting her own public persona, and lying and grifting? Since when has she ever done, or even attempted to do, anything productive in government?

EmptyG is the GOP's flaming bag of dog poop left on the doorstep of the US Capitol to distract from their more brazen thefts within.

Last edited by Norman Alexander; 9th January 2023 at 03:28 PM.
Old 9th January 2023, 03:48 PM   #504
mgidm86
Philosopher

Oh ya I remember an IRS bullet buying conspiracy back maybe 7 - 8 years ago? Be afraid!

These people really need some new material. Next thing you know they'll be trying to ban library books.
mgidm86 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th January 2023, 05:33 AM   #505
kookbreaker
Evil Fokker

EmptyG posted a bold claim on how the obviously united GOP was gonna subpoena everyone and anyone for their fishing expeditions. She did this with a video that used Dr. Dre music on Twitter and got a copyright slam. Rather than say “oops” and repost the tweet Empty attacked Dr Dre for promoting thug life and drugs.

So then why did you use his music, Marge?

Thanks for helping me win Best Toys in Philly Voter in 2011,2012, and 2014! We won' be discussing the disappointment that was 2013.
kookbreaker is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th January 2023, 06:00 AM   #506
The Don
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by kookbreaker View Post
EmptyG posted a bold claim on how the obviously united GOP was gonna subpoena everyone and anyone for their fishing expeditions. She did this with a video that used Dr. Dre music on Twitter and got a copyright slam. Rather than say “oops” and repost the tweet Empty attacked Dr Dre for promoting thug life and drugs.

Well they probably will. How else will they attempt to taint the Democrats ?
The Don is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th January 2023, 07:40 AM   #507
Foster Zygote
Dental Floss Tycoon

Originally Posted by mgidm86 View Post
Next thing you know they'll be trying to ban library books.
How else are they going to keep the Kama Sutra out of the grubby little hands of impressionable, unsupervised pre-schoolers?
Counterbalance in the little town of Ridgeview, Ohio. Two people permanently enslaved by the tyranny of fear and superstitution, facing the future with a kind of helpless dread. Two others facing the future with confidence - having escaped one of the darker places of the Twilight Zone.
Foster Zygote is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th January 2023, 07:51 AM   #508
jimbob
Uncritical "thinker"

Originally Posted by Foster Zygote View Post
How else are they going to keep the Kama Sutra out of the grubby little hands of impressionable, unsupervised pre-schoolers?
That would make Matt Gaetz unhappy.

Every year since 1990 the US Public healthcare spending has been greater than the UK as a proportion of GDP. More US Tax goes to healthcare than the UK
jimbob is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th January 2023, 12:24 PM   #509
Norman Alexander
Penultimate Amazing

Answer is in the question??
Old 18th January 2023, 05:55 PM   #510
dudalb
Penultimate Amazing

Now MTG is atttacking Matt Gaetz.
I thin she is out to try to eliminate all competion for being head of the Nut wing of the GOP.

Robert Heinlein.
Old 18th January 2023, 06:09 PM   #511
Trebuchet
Penultimate Amazing

Now MTG is atttacking Matt Gaetz.
I thin she is out to try to eliminate all competion for being head of the Nut wing of the GOP.
He sided with her arch-rival for the chief-wingnut position, Boob-bert, during the Speaker votes. What a RINO!
And by siding with McCarthy, she's greatly enhanced her standing within the general party, if not within the wingnut branch/
Old 18th January 2023, 11:34 PM   #512
Norman Alexander
Penultimate Amazing

She is TRYING to look sane. For very small values of "sane".
Old 27th January 2023, 05:48 AM   #513
kookbreaker
Evil Fokker

Margie tried to introduce an amendment to prevent the Presidency from selling oil because anger about high gas prices is one of the few GOP talking points, but even the GOP wasn’t biting.

https://www.newsweek.com/marjorie-ta...ck-her-1776965

Thanks for helping me win Best Toys in Philly Voter in 2011,2012, and 2014! We won' be discussing the disappointment that was 2013.
kookbreaker is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 27th January 2023, 07:55 AM   #514
pgwenthold
Penultimate Amazing

Margie tried to introduce an amendment to prevent the Presidency from selling oil because anger about high gas prices is one of the few GOP talking points, but even the GOP wasn’t biting.

https://www.newsweek.com/marjorie-ta...ck-her-1776965
She has to do something because it's undeniable that Biden's approach was absolutely stellar. Sold off a lot of the reserve when oil and gas prices were high, until gas prices stabilized, and now replenish the supply when oil prices are a lot lower. It ended up helping US gas buyers by lowering prices and it was extremely profitable for the government. And she certainly can't accept that.

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics