IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Old 2nd January 2023, 06:50 PM   #1321
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by shemp View Post
That's not nice. I've known people who were fruitcakes, and none of them were even remotely as bad and whacked out as this guy.
The level of fruitcake depends on now many nuts are in it. And this guy is chock full o' nuts.
Stacyhs is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd January 2023, 11:36 PM   #1322
welshdean
Michael McDonald 1967 - 2021

Originally Posted by Stacyhs View Post
The level of fruitcake depends on now many nuts are in it. And this guy is chock full o' nuts.
Unfortunately, so was his victim.

How on earth does that bastard think that he holds the moral high ground?
"In science it often happens that scientists say, "You know that's a really good argument; my position is mistaken," and then they would actually change their minds and you never hear that old view from them again. They really do it. I cannot recall the last time something like that happened in politics or religion."
Carl Sagan 1934 - 1996 RIP
welshdean is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd January 2023, 12:54 AM   #1323
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by welshdean View Post
Unfortunately, so was his victim.

How on earth does that bastard think that he holds the moral high ground?
He's a Trumper. Nuff said?
Stacyhs is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd January 2023, 06:27 AM   #1324
Crazy Chainsaw
Philosopher

He's a Trumper. Nuff said?
True no Morals amoung them.
Crazy Chainsaw is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th January 2023, 02:54 PM   #1325
Bob001
Penultimate Amazing

Just noting that tomorrow is the second anniversary.
Bob001 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th January 2023, 04:17 PM   #1326
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Bob001 View Post
Hopefully, Trump and his minions will be on trial or convicted of insurrection/felonies relating to Jan.6 by its third anniversary.
Old 5th January 2023, 04:23 PM   #1327
jadebox
Master Poster

And security at the Capitol is being increased. Not unexpected, I guess.

https://www.cnn.com/2023/01/05/polit...ary/index.html
jadebox is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th January 2023, 01:01 PM   #1328
Bob001
Penultimate Amazing

Biden now speaking at ceremony to award medals to officers hurt defending the Capitol, some posthumously, and election workers.
https://www.cnn.com/2023/01/06/polit...ary/index.html
Bob001 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th January 2023, 05:23 PM   #1329
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

Biden now speaking at ceremony to award medals to officers hurt defending the Capitol, some posthumously, and election workers.
https://www.cnn.com/2023/01/06/polit...ary/index.html
Ruby Freeman and her mother, Shaye Moss, received Presidential Citizens Medals from Biden. This was the response from the Mango Mussolini on his Truth Social:

Quote:
Wow! Has anyone seen the Ruby Freeman “contradictions” of her sworn testimony? Now this is “BIG STUFF.”Look what was captured by Cobb County police body cameras on January 4, 2021. “And everything they are saying is false. Everything from the quote unquote SUITCASES OF THE BALLOT BOXES, TO THE WHY WE OPENED THEM BACK UP. EVERYTHING THEY SAID WAS FALSE.THE FBI…REACHED OUT TO ME ONLY TO CLEAR MY SOCIAL MEDIA (evidence tampering?)…COUNT WAS LOW, IT WAS REALLY LOW.” Now it gets really bad,TRUTH 2

Ruby Freeman, page 2: “BOOM under the table. Cut the zip ties to scan them so the number would go up…so that’s how the number was CREATED, by the ballots going through the scanner…I do want an attorney. IT’S ALL A FRAUD. EVERYTHING THEY ARE SAYING IS FALSE. FROM THE SUITCASES OF THE BALLOT BOXES, TO WHY WE OPENED THEM BACK UP. EVERYTHING THEY SAID WAS FALSE.” They got Ruby 7 top D.C. lawyers and protection from the FBI (Again?). WHY? She then “changed” her statements - LIED? TROUBLE FOR RUBY!!!

What will the Great State of Georgia do with the Ruby Freeman MESS? Why not just tell the TRUTH, get rid of the turmoil and guilt, and take our Country back from the evils and treachery of the Radical Left monsters who want to see America die? MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN!

This could be in the Trump has Mental Illness thread, too.
Old 6th January 2023, 06:14 PM   #1330
mgidm86
Philosopher

Ruby Freeman and her mother, Shaye Moss, received Presidential Citizens Medals from Biden. This was the response from the Mango Mussolini on his Truth Social:

Yep he's losing it, whatever that means for someone as far gone as Trump already was. Don't forget the Dangerous part too This is extremely dangerous. Again.

I am outraged that someone can call out these poor women like this and nothing can be done. Not enough obviously, as he's still doing it.

Could this be criminal? These women have had their lives threatened, forced to move and close a business, and OAN was sued. Now Trump is doing it all over again knowing the statements are false, and is no longer protected as President.

If that were my Mom and sister...wow I can't go there. It is so frustrating to just watch this happen. Maybe I should join some organization (legal!). I'm sick of just complaining about it. I can't stand just sitting here.

Random short article covering most of this.
mgidm86 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th January 2023, 06:24 PM   #1331
dudalb
Penultimate Amazing

Someone suggested that Trump's real purpose is to wreck the UNited States for rejecting him. I think there might be something to that.

Robert Heinlein.
dudalb is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th January 2023, 06:41 PM   #1332
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by dudalb View Post
Someone suggested that Trump's real purpose is to wreck the UNited States for rejecting him. I think there might be something to that.
His niece, Mary, said “Donald will burn everything down if he feels like he is going down.”

He's like a rejected lover: "If I can't have you, no one can!" Then kills her/him.
Old 6th January 2023, 06:49 PM   #1333
dudalb
Penultimate Amazing

His niece, Mary, said “Donald will burn everything down if he feels like he is going down.”

He's like a rejected lover: "If I can't have you, no one can!" Then kills her/him.
James Cagney in the climax of "White Heat" comes to mind:

"Top of the world, ma"

Robert Heinlein.
dudalb is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th January 2023, 06:50 PM   #1334
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by mgidm86 View Post
Yep he's losing it, whatever that means for someone as far gone as Trump already was. Don't forget the Dangerous part too This is extremely dangerous. Again.

I am outraged that someone can call out these poor women like this and nothing can be done. Not enough obviously, as he's still doing it.

Could this be criminal? These women have had their lives threatened, forced to move and close a business, and OAN was sued. Now Trump is doing it all over again knowing the statements are false, and is no longer protected as President.

If that were my Mom and sister...wow I can't go there. It is so frustrating to just watch this happen. Maybe I should join some organization (legal!). I'm sick of just complaining about it. I can't stand just sitting here.

Random short article covering most of this.
Defamation is generally a civil tort, not a criminal action. The two women previously settled a lawsuit against OAN for these kinds of accusations. This is malicious defamation. Trump is no longer protected by being POTUS nor were these accusations made during his presidency.

Quote:
While Mr Trump repeatedly attacked Ms Freeman and her daughter Shaye Mose – two Black women – in the past, this time his posts could have more serious ramifications, according to Lisa Rubin, a legal analyst with MSNBC.

Ms Rubin wrote on Twitter that Mr Trump can be sued by Ms Freeman for defamation since he no longer has presidential immunity. Ms Freeman has already filed lawsuits against several conservatives.

“When Trump last went after Freeman, he was still president. And therefore, had she sued him for defamation, he could have raised the same defense — as POTUS, I’m immune to tort suits! — he did to Carroll’s initial claims. Whether that defense flies is still being litigated,” Ms Rubin wrote in a twitter thread.

“But Trump’s not president now. And Freeman has already sued others for defamation,” she added.

“Her suit against Rudy Giuliani is ongoing; she settled with OANN last April.
https://news.yahoo.com/trump-fresh-a...085456755.html
Old 6th January 2023, 08:34 PM   #1335
acbytesla
Penultimate Amazing

I'm convinced that is exactly what his benefactor has in mind.
Old 6th January 2023, 09:14 PM   #1336
Skeptic Ginger
Nasty Woman

.... This was the response from the Mango Mussolini on his Truth Social:

Or more likely he cut and pasted some QAnon stuff.
Skeptic Ginger is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th January 2023, 09:37 PM   #1337
Gord_in_Toronto
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Skeptic Ginger View Post
Or more likely he cut and pasted some QAnon stuff.
Bien sur, "C'est la meme chose, n'est pas?"
Old 10th January 2023, 10:31 PM   #1338
Skeptic Ginger
Nasty Woman

Roy Wood Jr (one of my favorite Trevor Noah/Daily Show comedians) asks Karen Hunter, How should we celebrate Jan 6th?

YouTube Video This video is not hosted by the ISF. The ISF can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website.
I AGREE
Skeptic Ginger is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th January 2023, 12:25 AM   #1339
Gulliver Foyle
Muse

Well considering that the only book he's ever allegedly read is Mein Kampf, that's not a surprise.
Gulliver Foyle is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th January 2023, 08:01 AM   #1340
Ladewig
I lost an avatar bet.

Originally Posted by Gulliver Foyle View Post
Well considering that the only book he's ever allegedly read is Mein Kampf, that's not a surprise.
I find that allegation exceptionally hard to accept.

Some people have alleged that he had a copy of the book in his condo, but owning a book is not the same as reading a book. Also, some of his aides claimed that on his last trip to Europe, they had to explain to him which countries in WW II were US allies and which were US enemies. President chucklehead really has neither that patience, the desire, nor the skill set to read and understand Mein Kampf.
Old 11th January 2023, 01:53 PM   #1341
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Ladewig View Post

Some people have alleged that he had a copy of the book in his condo, but owning a book is not the same as reading a book. Also, some of his aides claimed that on his last trip to Europe, they had to explain to him which countries in WW II were US allies and which were US enemies. President chucklehead really has neither that patience, the desire, nor the skill set to read and understand Mein Kampf.
I agree. Trump doesn't bother with anything that isn't directly related to him.

I think he does have at least one learning disability, likely related to reading, and had poor grades in school. It explains his letter to all the schools he attended warning them not to release his school records. I suspect his elder sister's claim that Donnie paid someone to take the SAT for him is true.
Old 12th January 2023, 04:32 PM   #1342
dudalb
Penultimate Amazing

Don;t know if it fits, but the Proud Boys seem to have turned a little on Trump:they are using the Nuremberg Defense in their trials "I was Only Following Trump's Orders".

Robert Heinlein.
Old 12th January 2023, 07:30 PM   #1343
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

Don;t know if it fits, but the Proud Boys seem to have turned a little on Trump:they are using the Nuremberg Defense in their trials "I was Only Following Trump's Orders".
"I was only following orders" is not a legal defense. It didn't work for the Nazis at the Nuremberg Trials and it won't work now.
Old 12th January 2023, 09:39 PM   #1344
Crazy Chainsaw
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Ladewig View Post

Unfortunately I saw Trump actually Reading once, but you wouldn't believe what it was.
Crazy Chainsaw is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th January 2023, 09:41 PM   #1345
Crazy Chainsaw
Philosopher

"I was only following orders" is not a legal defense. It didn't work for the Nazis at the Nuremberg Trials and it won't work now.
Insanity would be the only real defense that might work, because Trump Followers are definitely Insane.
Old 13th January 2023, 01:04 AM   #1346
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Crazy Chainsaw View Post
Insanity would be the only real defense that might work, because Trump Followers are definitely Insane.
Most are just stupid.
Old 13th January 2023, 01:05 AM   #1347
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Crazy Chainsaw View Post
Unfortunately I saw Trump actually Reading once, but you wouldn't believe what it was.
The Stormy Daniels Story in Pictures?
Old 13th January 2023, 04:07 AM   #1348
Crazy Chainsaw
Philosopher

The Stormy Daniels Story in Pictures?
An article in his Buddy David Peckers magazine, on the JFK Magruter film.
He was arguing with another man about it, I think he was one of his body Guards. Trump was of course totally Wrong on the physics of Projectiles.
Trump couldn't even understand the complexity of IBM Paper punch cards, in 1961 either, holes in paper were obvious too complexity an Idea for him to understand.
Old 13th January 2023, 01:02 PM   #1349
dudalb
Penultimate Amazing

Sure as hell did'nt save Goering, Kaltenbrunner, Streicher and company from hanging. Won't work here either.

Robert Heinlein.
Old 14th January 2023, 04:12 AM   #1350
Carrot Flower King
Illuminator

Could be good for implicating The Donald though.
Carrot Flower King is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd January 2023, 03:41 PM   #1351
dudalb
Penultimate Amazing

Well, the Proud Boys were found guilty.
Guess the Nuremberg Defense did not work well for them either.

Robert Heinlein.
Old 23rd January 2023, 03:42 PM   #1352
dudalb
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Carrot Flower King View Post
Could be good for implicating The Donald though.
Nah, if I were a prosecuter, I would not like my case to depend on the testimoney of these bozos.

Robert Heinlein.
Old 23rd January 2023, 05:01 PM   #1353
slyjoe
Illuminator

Well, the Proud Boys were found guilty.
Guess the Nuremberg Defense did not work well for them either.
Four of the Oath Keepers. Proud Boys' trial not that far along yet.
"You have done nothing to demonstrate an understanding of scientific methodology or modern skepticism, both of which are, by necessity, driven by the facts and evidence, not by preconceptions, and both of which are strengthened by, and rely upon, change." - Arkan Wolfshade
slyjoe is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd January 2023, 08:37 PM   #1354
Mike!
Official Ponylandistanian National Treasure. Respect it!

Location: Ponylandistan! Where the bacon grows on trees! Can it get any better than that? I submit it can not!
I yell you, Oath Keepers, Proud Boys, these days you can't keep your seditious criminals straight without a scorecard.
Old 23rd January 2023, 09:41 PM   #1355
Silly Green Monkey
Cowardly Lurking in the Shadows of Greatness

The more the defendants point to the words as being orders they had to follow, the harder it will be for anyone to claim that the words weren't intended to be orders.
Old 23rd January 2023, 11:03 PM   #1356
mgidm86
Philosopher

^^ Assuming that charges are ever brought against Trump in the first place. Two years and counting. There's enough evidence to convict at least 10 Trumps!

It's not like the trial will commence immediately after he's indicted for f's sake. They'll have years to dick around and waste time like this. Fight appeals.

What is the hold up here? My opinion, the guy must be charged even if he somehow wins. You just can't let this go unchallenged. Charge him with something gawdammit there is plenty to choose from! Ya know, maybe before the next election?

Oh and the idiot was also caught red-handed hiding and lying about Top Secret documents! That is called stealing! Months ago!

Idiots in charge: "Wow, whatever should we do?"

A real headscratcher I tell ya!

(because there's no middle finger emoji)
mgidm86 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 24th January 2023, 07:49 AM   #1357
Crazy Chainsaw
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Mike! View Post
I yell you, Oath Keepers, Proud Boys, these days you can't keep your seditious criminals straight without a scorecard.
You have too remember the Oath Keepers formed from Ron Paul's Waco Whackos from Infowars, the Proud Boys formed from followers of the Racist Great Replacement conspiracy theories, on parlor, and other far right conspiracy theorists.
Oath Keepers old Crazy, Proud Boys Young Crazy.

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics