IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags Andrew Giuliani , FBI investigations , Hunter Biden , rudy giuliani

Old 10th September 2021, 02:21 PM   #241
Segnosaur
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by slyjoe View Post
I thought I read that the plea agreement does not require cooperation of Fruman. For some reason, they don't need it or he doesn't have information.
You're right... the CNN article previously referred to does point out that his plea deal doesn't include cooperation. Something I originally overlooked.

So I hope you're right in that they don't need whatever he has, and the case against Discount Nosferatu is strong enough with whatever evidence exists..

I'm Mary Poppins Y'all! - Yondu

We are Groot - Groot
Segnosaur is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th September 2021, 02:24 PM   #242
smartcooky
Penultimate Amazing

I thought I read that the plea agreement does not require cooperation of Fruman. For some reason, they don't need it or he doesn't have information.
It seems to me that Igor was very tight with his cohort Lev. Maybe there isn't anything the Feds want from Tweedle Dum that they don't already have from Tweedle Dee.
smartcooky is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th September 2021, 02:50 AM   #243
Craig4
Penultimate Amazing

Or he already gave the USA and the FBI everything they needed.
Craig4 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th September 2021, 06:58 AM   #244
slyjoe
Illuminator

Originally Posted by Craig4 View Post
Or he already gave the USA and the FBI everything they needed.
Not testimony in a trial
"You have done nothing to demonstrate an understanding of scientific methodology or modern skepticism, both of which are, by necessity, driven by the facts and evidence, not by preconceptions, and both of which are strengthened by, and rely upon, change." - Arkan Wolfshade
slyjoe is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th September 2021, 07:31 AM   #245
Craig4
Penultimate Amazing

Not testimony in a trial
Track suit boy sucks as a witness. I expect he gave up documents, e-mails and text messages.
Craig4 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th September 2021, 06:43 AM   #246
Hellbound
Merchant of Doom

Location: Not in Hell, but I can see it from here on a clear day...
Originally Posted by Craig4 View Post
Track suit boy sucks as a witness. I expect he gave up documents, e-mails and text messages.

This. If he told them where evidence could be found, they likely wouldn’t need testimony. Just speculation, though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 25th September 2021, 02:21 AM   #247
Segnosaur
Penultimate Amazing

Rudy Giuliani has reportedly been banned from Fox News. “Rudy is really hurt,” Politico quoted a source...Giuliani’s apparent expulsion may also be linked to Fox News business. Both the network and sometime personal attorney to Donald Trump have been sued by Dominion Voter Systems...Politico reported that Giuliani learned of his expulsion from Fox News on the eve of 11 September, when Fox & Friends host Pete Hegseth told him he was cut from the anniversary show....The website also reported that Giuliani’s son Andrew...had been banned.

I am trying to find some sympathy for him, but I really can't for some strange reason.

We are Groot - Groot
Segnosaur is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 25th September 2021, 03:16 AM   #248
smartcooky
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Segnosaur View Post
Rudy Giuliani has reportedly been banned from Fox News. “Rudy is really hurt,” Politico quoted a source...Giuliani’s apparent expulsion may also be linked to Fox News business. Both the network and sometime personal attorney to Donald Trump have been sued by Dominion Voter Systems...Politico reported that Giuliani learned of his expulsion from Fox News on the eve of 11 September, when Fox & Friends host Pete Hegseth told him he was cut from the anniversary show....The website also reported that Giuliani’s son Andrew...had been banned.

I am trying to find some sympathy for him, but I really can't for some strange reason.

What? American's Mayor? New York's Hero of 9/11? Banned from the 9/11 Anniversary programme? Bbbbbbbbut!!!!

Good!

Yeah, no - I don't have any difficulty finding no sympathy for him. The man has intentionally crapped all over his own legacy. The may have once been the guy who helped inspire NY to come back from the devastation of 9/11, but now, he will always be remembered as that guy whose face dripped cheap hair die, who stuck his hand down the front of his pants on camera in a hotel room in front of a young woman, who held a post election press conference in the yard of a landscaping business next to a sex shop, brought a drunk witness to a hearing, and farted at the same hearing, and who lost 63 times in a row in court.

He has only himself to blame for the position he now finds himself in. If he wants to at least partially redeem himself, he knows exactly what he needs to do. He needs to take revenge on The Orange Menace for throwing him under the bus....

Last edited by smartcooky; 25th September 2021 at 05:11 AM.
smartcooky is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 25th September 2021, 07:29 AM   #249
Craig4
Penultimate Amazing

This feeds my soul.
Old 26th September 2021, 10:11 AM   #250
Crossbow
Seeking Honesty and Sanity

Well now!

It sure has taken way too long for the brilliant executives at Fox News to recognize the toxic presence of Rudy Guilliani, but at least these executives finally did learn the obvious fact that Rudy Guilliana is a toxic POS.

A man's best friend is his dogma.
Crossbow is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th September 2021, 11:44 AM   #251
RecoveringYuppy
Penultimate Amazing

They only learned he could cost them money.
RecoveringYuppy is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th September 2021, 12:22 PM   #252
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by RecoveringYuppy View Post
They only learned he could cost them money.
Exactly. Banning Rudy was a financial decision.
Stacyhs is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd October 2021, 06:38 PM   #253
Orphia Nay
Penguilicious Spodmaster.
Tagger

Location: Ponylandistan Presidential Palace (above the Spods' stables).
Lev Parnas, ex-associate of Donald Trump lawyer Rudy Giuliani, guilty of violating US campaign finance laws

Parnas was found guilty on all six counts of federal election law violations, which included illegally helping a foreigner contribute to a US election campaign, making contributions in the names of others, and lying to the Federal Elections Commission (FEC).

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-10-...lty-/100562540
Orphia Nay is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd October 2021, 08:23 PM   #254
kevbo
Critical Thinker

Originally Posted by Orphia Nay View Post
Lev Parnas, ex-associate of Donald Trump lawyer Rudy Giuliani, guilty of violating US campaign finance laws

Parnas was found guilty on all six counts of federal election law violations, which included illegally helping a foreigner contribute to a US election campaign, making contributions in the names of others, and lying to the Federal Elections Commission (FEC).

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-10-...lty-/100562540
It would be nice if some of this finds its way back to Rudy. One can always hope, since he is still being investigated.
kevbo is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd October 2021, 12:23 AM   #255
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by kevbo View Post
It would be nice if some of this finds its way back to Rudy. One can always hope, since he is still being investigated.
I think it's going to find its way back to more than Giuliani.
Stacyhs is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd October 2021, 04:17 PM   #256
kevbo
Critical Thinker

Originally Posted by Stacyhs View Post
I think it's going to find its way back to more than Giuliani.
Don't be such a tease. . Is there something you know that the rest of us don't. I know, patience is a virtue. But I want it to happen now.
kevbo is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th October 2021, 12:36 AM   #257
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by kevbo View Post
Don't be such a tease. . Is there something you know that the rest of us don't. I know, patience is a virtue. But I want it to happen now.
Patience, young Grasshopper. Patience.
Old 2nd February 2022, 08:35 PM   #258
Segnosaur
Penultimate Amazing

Speaking of Mr. Hair-dye...

Fox is staying radio silent on a report that former New York City mayor Rudy Giuliani...was revealed as a contestant during a recent taping of its reality competition series “The Masked Singer.”... Giuliani was unmasked during the show’s production last week, prompting judges Ken Jeong and Robin Thicke to leave the stage in protest.

Ummm... what the heck?

I have never watched the show, but I have seen enough commercials and can certainly understand the appeal. (Famous people wear costumes and perform covers of songs, with judges voting for a winner and trying to guess their identity, with the losers getting 'unmasked')

I know TV shows often benefit from controversy. But why bring on Discount Nosferatu? Yeah your show will get a few extra lines in the newspapers, but you risk alienating a huge chunk of your audience. There is a difference in controversy like "I had a drug problem" or "I was in a very public divorce", and "I tried to help overthrow the government".

We are Groot - Groot
Old 2nd February 2022, 08:56 PM   #259
DevilsAdvocate
Philosopher

Fox is staying radio silent on a report that former New York City mayor Rudy Giuliani...was revealed as a contestant during a recent taping of its reality competition series “The Masked Singer.”... Giuliani was unmasked during the show’s production last week, prompting judges Ken Jeong and Robin Thicke to leave the stage in protest.

Ummm... what the heck?

I have never watched the show, but I have seen enough commercials and can certainly understand the appeal. (Famous people wear costumes and perform covers of songs, with judges voting for a winner and trying to guess their identity, with the losers getting 'unmasked')

I know TV shows often benefit from controversy. But why bring on Discount Nosferatu? Yeah your show will get a few extra lines in the newspapers, but you risk alienating a huge chunk of your audience. There is a difference in controversy like "I had a drug problem" or "I was in a very public divorce", and "I tried to help overthrow the government".
Welcome to sweeps week. Of sweeps months. Whatever it is it starts on February. This year's television shenanigans have begun.
Old 3rd February 2022, 01:01 AM   #260
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

Good for Ken Jeong and Robin Thicke.
Old 3rd February 2022, 04:42 AM   #261
Darat
Lackey
Administrator

Originally Posted by DevilsAdvocate View Post
Welcome to sweeps week. Of sweeps months. Whatever it is it starts on February. This year's television shenanigans have begun.
Oh you old cynic you!

Old 3rd February 2022, 09:17 AM   #262
acbytesla
Penultimate Amazing

Ummm... what the heck?

I absolutely love that nickname. Did you make it up or did you hear it or read it elsewhere?
Old 3rd February 2022, 10:30 AM   #263
slyjoe
Illuminator

Originally Posted by DevilsAdvocate View Post
Yea - wasn't Sarah Palin just on the show?
"You have done nothing to demonstrate an understanding of scientific methodology or modern skepticism, both of which are, by necessity, driven by the facts and evidence, not by preconceptions, and both of which are strengthened by, and rely upon, change." - Arkan Wolfshade
slyjoe is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd February 2022, 10:51 AM   #264
Warp12
Banned

<moved>

Last edited by Warp12; 3rd February 2022 at 11:03 AM.
Warp12 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd February 2022, 11:18 AM   #265
Segnosaur
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by acbytesla View Post
Quote:
I know TV shows often benefit from controversy. But why bring on Discount Nosferatu?
I absolutely love that nickname. Did you make it up or did you hear it or read it elsewhere?
Sadly heard it elsewhere. Might have been on a clip of "A Closer Look" on Seth Myer's show.

We are Groot - Groot
Old 3rd February 2022, 11:23 AM   #266
Segnosaur
Penultimate Amazing

Yea - wasn't Sarah Palin just on the show?
Yeah she was on in a previous season.

That might also cause some controversy, but here I think it is a question of degrees...

Former VP candidate with right-wing views who has basically left politics to be a talking head on fox news, vs. someone who actively tried to overthrow democracy on behalf of a racist con-artist.

Both are... questionable... but one more so than the other.

We are Groot - Groot
Old 3rd February 2022, 11:36 AM   #267
Fidelio
Graduate Poster

Sadly heard it elsewhere. Might have been on a clip of "A Closer Look" on Seth Myer's show.
Discount Nosferatu. So well said. Pity that person cannot be nomed for a language.
.. The stars were suns, but so far away they were just little points of light ... The scale of the universe suddenly opened up to me. It was a kind of religious experience. There was a magnificence to it, a grandeur, a scale which has never left me. Never ever left me.
Carl Sagan
Fidelio is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd February 2022, 12:09 PM   #268
Mike!
Official Ponylandistanian National Treasure. Respect it!

Location: Ponylandistan! Where the bacon grows on trees! Can it get any better than that? I submit it can not!
I still think there's a more than passing resemblance to Simon Bar Sinister...

Old 3rd February 2022, 12:30 PM   #269
bruto
Penultimate Amazing

Yeah she was on in a previous season.

That might also cause some controversy, but here I think it is a question of degrees...

Former VP candidate with right-wing views who has basically left politics to be a talking head on fox news, vs. someone who actively tried to overthrow democracy on behalf of a racist con-artist.

Both are... questionable... but one more so than the other.
I haven't watched the show, mercifully unequipped to receive it, but I would think it also depends on whether Sarah can sing.

"There is another world, but it's in this one." (Paul Eluard)
bruto is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd February 2022, 12:40 PM   #270
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by bruto View Post
I haven't watched the show, mercifully unequipped to receive it, but I would think it also depends on whether Sarah can sing.
I watched it once; that was once too many. Silly show.
Old 3rd February 2022, 12:41 PM   #271
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Mike! View Post
I still think there's a more than passing resemblance to Simon Bar Sinister...

http://www.internationalskeptics.com...ictureid=13018
He does!
Old 3rd February 2022, 12:47 PM   #272
acbytesla
Penultimate Amazing

I still like it.
Old 3rd June 2022, 11:12 AM   #273
carlitos
"más divertido"

Rudy Giuliani just hired "Manhattan madam" as his PR person. She's a convicted drug dealer, ex-madam who lived at Roger Stone's townhouse until a week before it was raided by the FBI.

Quote:
Davis was previously charged with promoting prostitution for her work as a madam. Among her clients were some significant figures, including former New York Governor Eliot Spitzer, she told the New York Post. Spitzer resigned in 2008 after it was discovered he was regularly using another prostitution ring.

Before her involvement in certain adult entertainment, Davis worked at a hedge fund. She said she made the transition to madam to help pay for medical expenses for her mother.

She was also charged in 2013 with illegally distributing prescription pills by the FBI. She was sentenced to two years in that case.
carlitos is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd June 2022, 11:14 AM   #274
Dr. Keith
Not a doctor.

Originally Posted by carlitos View Post
Rudy Giuliani just hired "Manhattan madam" as his PR person. She's a convicted drug dealer, ex-madam who lived at Roger Stone's townhouse until a week before it was raided by the FBI.
Makes sense. He’s always trusted her.

If I had a pet panda I would name it Snowflake.
Dr. Keith is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd June 2022, 11:31 AM   #275
plague311
Great minds think...

Does this mean something's coming up? The Jan 6th trials maybe? I haven't heard of anything changing with Rudy recently. Then again, if you hire a madam she can probably see someone about to get ****** from a distance.
“There are times when the mind is dealt such a blow it hides itself in insanity. While this may not seem beneficial, it is. There are times when reality is nothing but pain, and to escape that pain the mind must leave reality behind.” - Patrick Rothfuss
plague311 is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd June 2022, 02:09 PM   #276
smartcooky
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by plague311 View Post
Does this mean something's coming up? The Jan 6th trials maybe? I haven't heard of anything changing with Rudy recently. Then again, if you hire a madam she can probably see someone about to get ****** from a distance.
Peter Navarro has been indicted by a Federal Grand Jury for ignoring a subpoena from the Jan 6 committee.

https://edition.cnn.com/2022/06/03/p...ted/index.html

He and Ghouliani were neck-deep in Trump's plot to overthrow the 2020 election. Perhaps the musical chairs have begun, and Rudy doesn't want to be left standing when the music stops.
Old 3rd June 2022, 02:50 PM   #277
carlitos
"más divertido"

Originally Posted by plague311 View Post
Public hearings start in prime time TV next Thursday. Trump and his guys are allegedly trying to "counter-program" on conservative news outlets, plus Rudy probably needs a rapid-response person for whatever comes out.
carlitos is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th June 2022, 11:25 AM   #278
Segnosaur
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by smartcooky View Post
Peter Navarro has been indicted by a Federal Grand Jury for ignoring a subpoena from the Jan 6 committee.

https://edition.cnn.com/2022/06/03/p...ted/index.html
He ain't too happy about it either:

Peter Navarro...was up in arms Monday that he wasn’t given special treatment when he was arrested by the FBI...“People do not want to sit in solitary confinement in leg irons ― denied food, denied water, denied an attorney,” Navarro said.

(Never mind the fact that he plans to represent himself, so not how he can claim he was 'denied an attorney'). And prisoners are fed on a schedule, not on demand.)

Remember the good old days when Trump suggested that when cops arrest people they should make no attempt to keep people from getting injured when being put into the police car? I wonder how Navarro would have felt of Trump had his way about that.

We are Groot - Groot
Old 7th June 2022, 07:02 PM   #279
ZiprHead
Muse

Peter Navarro...was up in arms Monday that he wasn’t given special treatment when he was arrested by the FBI...“People do not want to sit in solitary confinement in leg irons ― denied food, denied water, denied an attorney,” Navarro said.

(Never mind the fact that he plans to represent himself, so not how he can claim he was 'denied an attorney'). And prisoners are fed on a schedule, not on demand.)

Remember the good old days when Trump suggested that when cops arrest people they should make no attempt to keep people from getting injured when being put into the police car? I wonder how Navarro would have felt of Trump had his way about that.
A guy that has a reputation of not cooperating with government orders is complaining about being charged as being a guy who doesn't cooperate with government orders.

IIDB is back, baby!
ZiprHead is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th June 2022, 12:00 AM   #280
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

Peter Karen Navarro...was up in arms Monday that he wasn’t given special treatment when he was arrested by the FBI...“People do not want to sit in solitary confinement in leg irons ― denied food, denied water, denied an attorney,” Navarro said.

FTFY

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics