IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags Andrew Giuliani , FBI investigations , Hunter Biden , rudy giuliani

Old 29th June 2022, 03:06 PM   #321
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by dudalb View Post
I cannot think of a more dramatic fall from grace then Giuliani.
He went from being a national hero on 9/11 to a pathetic joke.
And he did it all by his big boy self. He was the U.S. Attorney for the Southern District of New York in the 1980's and NYC mayor for two terms. There's no way he didn't know what a POS Trump was before Lady Orange Marmalade rode down that Trump Tower escalator.
Stacyhs is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th June 2022, 03:08 PM   #322
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Skeptic Ginger View Post
(Sorry about the ad but this was one of the shorter versions.)
YouTube Video This video is not hosted by the ISF. The ISF can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website.
I AGREE

I rest my case.
Seconded. He never moved forward.

on his Facebook page, he described it as if “a boulder hit me” and said that “it hurt tremendously.”

Tomorrow he'll probably claim he was paralyzed.

Last edited by Stacyhs; 29th June 2022 at 03:14 PM.
Stacyhs is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th June 2022, 03:14 PM   #323
Trebuchet
Penultimate Amazing

Someone really needs to explain the first rule of holes to Rudy.
If you're in one, stop digging.
Old 29th June 2022, 04:21 PM   #324
TheGoldcountry
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Athyrio View Post
"The January 6 Witch Hunt Cabal has now exceeded even its prior fraudulent," he said. "The last witness was a reckless liar. Contrary to her false testimony she was never present when I asked for a pardon."
"How does she know what I did? I made sure she was drugged before I raped her!"- Bill Cosby
Old 29th June 2022, 08:33 PM   #325
acbytesla
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Stacyhs View Post

on his Facebook page, he described it as if “a boulder hit me” and said that “it hurt tremendously.”

The present NY Mayor is encouraging the Manhattan DA to prosecute Rudy for filing a false police report.
Old 29th June 2022, 08:37 PM   #326
shemp
a flimsy character...perfidious and despised

Location: Out back preparing the bunker for the next Civil War
Originally Posted by Trebuchet View Post
Someone really needs to explain the first rule of holes to Rudy.
If you're in one, stop digging.
It's too late, he is trapped in a black hole of stupid.
Old 29th June 2022, 08:38 PM   #327
shemp
a flimsy character...perfidious and despised

Location: Out back preparing the bunker for the next Civil War

He died, but he got better.
Old 30th June 2022, 12:42 AM   #328
smartcooky
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by TheGoldcountry View Post
"How does she know what I did? I made sure she was drugged before I raped her!"- Bill Cosby
Somewhat reminds me of a segment in one of those episodes of "World's Dumbest Criminals" in which a thief snatches a woman's handbag, but a cop catches him and brings him back to the scene. The cop then asks the woman "Is this the person?", but before the woman has a chance replay and identify him, the thief says "Yes officer, this is the person I stole the bag from"..... oopsie!
What is Woke? It is a term that means "awakened to the needs of others". It means to be well-informed, thoughtful, compassionate, humble and kind. Woke people are keen to make the world a better, fairer place for everyone, But, unfortunately, it has also become a pejorative used by racists, homophobes and misogynists on the political right, to describe people who possess a fully functional moral compass.
smartcooky is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th June 2022, 04:50 AM   #329
eerok
Quixoticist

Giuliani is an alumnus of the double-down school of stupidity.
Old 30th June 2022, 05:17 AM   #330
Mike!
Official Ponylandistanian National Treasure. Respect it!

Location: Ponylandistan! Where the bacon grows on trees! Can it get any better than that? I submit it can not!

How would he even know, has he ever been hit by a boulder before? Who's he think he is, Wile E. Giuliani?

Last edited by Mike!; 30th June 2022 at 05:18 AM.
Mike! is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th June 2022, 05:39 AM   #331
wareyin
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Mike! View Post
How would he even know, has he ever been hit by a boulder before? Who's he think he is, Wile E. Giuliani?
He also claimed that it felt like he had been shot.

Yeah, that little pat on the back in the video was, to Ghouliani, akin to being hit by a boulder or being shot. Dude should probably be given a chance to experience those things, just so he can accurately compare them.
wareyin is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th June 2022, 06:16 AM   #332
newyorkguy
Penultimate Amazing

As has been noted, New York City Mayor Eric Adams has suggested it is Rudy Giuliani who should be investigated, investigated for making a false report to police.
Quote:
If that video wasn’t there, then this person would have been charged with punching the former mayor. When you look at the video, the guy basically walked by and patted him on the back,” added Adams. Staten Island Live news site link
The Legal Aid lawyer representing the ShopRite worker, 39-year-old Daniel Gill, called it a "a tap on the back," noting in court that Giuliani has demonstrated a "propensity to distort the truth." Gill was released by the Staten Island court on his own recognizance but after being held in custody for 24 hours. Giuliani obtained an order of protection against Gill.

Giuliani had been at the Staten Island store campaigning for his son Andrew, who was running in the New York Republican Party primary for governor. Following the incident Andrew Giuliani released the following press statement:
Quote:
“Innocent people are attacked in today’s New York all of the time. This particular incident hit very close to home.”
Andrew Giuliani placed second in Tuesday's primary, trailing winner Lee Zeldin by twenty points.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Public Enemy No 1.jpg (59.1 KB, 4 views)
newyorkguy is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th June 2022, 07:19 AM   #333
slyjoe
Illuminator

Originally Posted by wareyin View Post
He also claimed that it felt like he had been shot.

Yeah, that little pat on the back in the video was, to Ghouliani, akin to being hit by a boulder or being shot. Dude should probably be given a chance to experience those things, just so he can accurately compare them.
Let's see.
Boulder: High mass, low velocity.
Bullet: Low mass, high velocity.

Maybe it's just me, but I don't think I would mix up the two.
"You have done nothing to demonstrate an understanding of scientific methodology or modern skepticism, both of which are, by necessity, driven by the facts and evidence, not by preconceptions, and both of which are strengthened by, and rely upon, change." - Arkan Wolfshade
slyjoe is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th June 2022, 07:39 AM   #334
wareyin
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by slyjoe View Post
Let's see.
Boulder: High mass, low velocity.
Bullet: Low mass, high velocity.

Maybe it's just me, but I don't think I would mix up the two.
That's what I'm saying! He's demonstrating a fundamental lack of knowledge about them. He should get some knowledge, preferably hands-on/firsthand knowledge.
wareyin is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th June 2022, 07:48 AM   #335
eerok
Quixoticist

Originally Posted by newyorkguy View Post
Andrew Giuliani: “This particular incident hit patted very close to home.”
Old 30th June 2022, 05:01 PM   #336
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by eerok View Post
Giuliani is an alumnus of the double-down school of stupidity Trump University of Double-Down Stupidity.
Fixed that for you.
Old 15th August 2022, 12:10 PM   #337
Crossbow
Seeking Honesty and Sanity

The formerly highly respected Rudy Giuliani has now publicly announced that he is in serious trouble.

To wit:

https://www.yahoo.com/news/judge-rej...151832705.html

Rudy Giuliani informed he's a target of probe into Trump’s alleged election interference in Georgia

WASHINGTON — Rudy Giuliani is a "target" of the criminal investigation into possible 2020 election interference in Georgia by former President Donald Trump and others, his attorney told NBC News.

The lawyer, Robert Costello, said the Georgia prosecutors initially told New York courts — as part of their efforts to compel Giuliani’s testimony — that Giuliani was a material witness. Now, Costello said they were informed Monday that he is a "target" of the probe.

The grand jury, called by Fulton County District Attorney Fani Willis, subpoenaed Giuliani in July as a "material witness" as part of its investigation into "coordinated attempts to unlawfully alter the outcome of the 2020 elections." The subpoena said Giuliani made statements at legislative hearings in Georgia falsely claiming that there had been "widespread voter fraud" in the state.

A man's best friend is his dogma.
Crossbow is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th August 2022, 12:13 PM   #338
JoeMorgue
Suspended

Quick. Book the Four Season Total Landscaping driveway and all the sex offenders you can find! And bring me my hair dye, extra runny!

Last edited by JoeMorgue; 15th August 2022 at 12:15 PM.
JoeMorgue is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th August 2022, 02:26 PM   #339
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Crossbow View Post
The formerly highly respected Rudy Giuliani has now publicly announced that he is in serious trouble.

To wit:

https://www.yahoo.com/news/judge-rej...151832705.html

Rudy Giuliani informed he's a target of probe into Trump’s alleged election interference in Georgia

WASHINGTON — Rudy Giuliani is a "target" of the criminal investigation into possible 2020 election interference in Georgia by former President Donald Trump and others, his attorney told NBC News.

The lawyer, Robert Costello, said the Georgia prosecutors initially told New York courts — as part of their efforts to compel Giuliani’s testimony — that Giuliani was a material witness. Now, Costello said they were informed Monday that he is a "target" of the probe.

The grand jury, called by Fulton County District Attorney Fani Willis, subpoenaed Giuliani in July as a "material witness" as part of its investigation into "coordinated attempts to unlawfully alter the outcome of the 2020 elections." The subpoena said Giuliani made statements at legislative hearings in Georgia falsely claiming that there had been "widespread voter fraud" in the state.

I hope he turns on Trump to get a deal for himself.
Old 15th August 2022, 02:34 PM   #340
RecoveringYuppy
Penultimate Amazing

They have Trump on tape, may not need to deal with Giuliani.
RecoveringYuppy is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th August 2022, 02:50 PM   #341
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by RecoveringYuppy View Post
They have Trump on tape, may not need to deal with Giuliani.
He has knowledge of more than what Trump said on tape.
Old 15th August 2022, 10:06 PM   #342
a_unique_person
Director of Hatcheries and Conditioning

I haven't seen Giuliani doing much lawyering for Trump lately.
a_unique_person is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th August 2022, 02:53 AM   #343
ponderingturtle
Orthogonal Vector

Originally Posted by a_unique_person View Post
He can't he has had his license suspended.
ponderingturtle is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th August 2022, 05:05 AM   #344
Crossbow
Seeking Honesty and Sanity

Originally Posted by a_unique_person View Post
There are two good reasons why you have not seen such a thing.

The first is that some time ago, Trump fired Giuliani and then Trump refused to pay Giuliani for the work that he did for Trump.

The second is that later on, Giuliani got his license to practice law suspended.

A man's best friend is his dogma.
Crossbow is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th August 2022, 05:50 AM   #345
wareyin
Penultimate Amazing

He has knowledge of more than what Trump said on tape.
Given Giuliani's utter lack of honesty or integrity, plus his penchant for lying even in court filings, I don't think any testimony by Giuliani would be worth the paper it was written on.
Old 16th August 2022, 11:19 AM   #346
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by wareyin View Post
Given Giuliani's utter lack of honesty or integrity, plus his penchant for lying even in court filings, I don't think any testimony by Giuliani would be worth the paper it was written on.
Rudy's lawyer said Rudy will not answer any questions regarding his conversations with Trump tomorrow in GA.
It's amazing how many of Trump's suppositories are taking the 5th.
Old 16th August 2022, 06:35 PM   #347
dudalb
Penultimate Amazing

Rudy's lawyer said Rudy will not answer any questions regarding his conversations with Trump tomorrow in GA.
It's amazing how many of Trump's suppositories are taking the 5th.
But only Mafia bosses take the fifth, according to Trump.

Robert Heinlein.
dudalb is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th December 2022, 05:56 PM   #348
Mike!
Official Ponylandistanian National Treasure. Respect it!

Location: Ponylandistan! Where the bacon grows on trees! Can it get any better than that? I submit it can not!
Poor Rudy, he just can't keep his cool...

https://news.yahoo.com/rudy-giuliani...trk=fb&tsrc=fb
Old 6th December 2022, 06:06 PM   #349
Skeptic Ginger
Nasty Woman

Good chance he was drunk.
Skeptic Ginger is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th December 2022, 06:19 PM   #350
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

Poor Rudy, he just can't keep his cool...

https://news.yahoo.com/rudy-giuliani...trk=fb&tsrc=fb
I've never seen anyone more self-destructive than Rudy. He's fallen so far and he has only himself to blame. Well, himself and Johnny Walker.
Old 6th December 2022, 06:50 PM   #351
mgidm86
Philosopher

Quote:
"Mr. Giuliani, I know that you have a lot to say, but honestly, I'd like to finish this hearing by Christmas, and I'm getting concerned that we won't be able to do it," Bernius said.

This article makes it sound like he's suffering from dementia or something. I mean he sounds totally out there. Too bad we can't watch or hear it. I guess.

How many careers and people have been destroyed for showing any kind of allegiance toward Trump, or even doing business with him? America itself is a victim. <raises eyebrow>...."fascinating!"

I think I could handle this easier if Trump were an intelligent man, worthy in some small way of at least a shred of respect as an opponent. But he is a 100% idiotic turd with zero redeeming qualities. It makes it a lot harder for me to stomach somehow.

Of all the people who can destroy a country....it's this guy!?!?

I can't talk politics with many family members because of this total moron?

If this were a TV show it would be totally unbelievable. Nobody is that dumb!

"The ex-Prersident hand-picked Herschel Walker? Oh come on! Change the channel"

Probably veering off-topic
mgidm86 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th January 2023, 09:16 PM   #352
Segnosaur
Penultimate Amazing

Thready bumpy...

Rudy Giuliani...has been subpoenaed by federal prosecutors seeking documents about payments he received from Trump or his presidential campaign... The subpoena, which was issued in November, also asks Giuliani to provide testimony...The nature of the inquiry by the U.S. attorney in Washington D.C....remains largely under wraps.

I guess the assumption is that it has something to do with false claims of election fraud. But I'm not sure why payment is relevant (unless they think there was some illegal funding going on).

I'm Mary Poppins Y'all! - Yondu

We are Groot - Groot
Segnosaur is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th January 2023, 11:04 PM   #353
slyjoe
Illuminator

Originally Posted by Segnosaur View Post
Thready bumpy...

Rudy Giuliani...has been subpoenaed by federal prosecutors seeking documents about payments he received from Trump or his presidential campaign... The subpoena, which was issued in November, also asks Giuliani to provide testimony...The nature of the inquiry by the U.S. attorney in Washington D.C....remains largely under wraps.

I guess the assumption is that it has something to do with false claims of election fraud. But I'm not sure why payment is relevant (unless they think there was some illegal funding going on).
Payments from a PAC to fraudulently pass fake electors off? To file frivolous election lawsuits? I'm pretty sure it has to do with two of Trump's PACs.
"You have done nothing to demonstrate an understanding of scientific methodology or modern skepticism, both of which are, by necessity, driven by the facts and evidence, not by preconceptions, and both of which are strengthened by, and rely upon, change." - Arkan Wolfshade
slyjoe is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics