IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics
 


Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags 2020 elections , biden , Biden administration , Biden controversies , joe biden , Kamala Harris , sucks

Reply
Old 22nd January 2023, 11:56 PM   #1241
acbytesla
Penultimate Amazing
 
acbytesla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 31,383
Originally Posted by Skeptic Ginger View Post
Pretty flimsy denial, "it could have been mine".

NYPost

And then we have this: NYPost: CBS ‘confirms’ Hunter Biden laptop is real 769 days after Post broke story


It's at this point I say who cares? There is allegedly a lot of crap on that laptop about Hunter and nothing that includes evidence Biden was involved other than to not abandon his addicted son.

Why the FBI has held onto the actual laptop is an unknown.

Thank you for that.

Still it doesn't confirm that Hunter dropped the laptop off at a repair shop halfway across the country.

I don't doubt that some of the information on that drive came from Hunter Biden. But it doesn't mean that the data wasn't fabricated and added to the image. Has a computer forensics engineer examined it?

And as I said, it still doesn't address the point that neither the FBI or the repair shop guy has any business possessing either the drive or the hard drive image.

Seems to me the examination of the drive would require a search warrant. But I'm with you. I haven't seen anything that incriminates Joe Biden. Or Hunter for that matter.
__________________
Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to get to me.
.
acbytesla is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd January 2023, 01:22 AM   #1242
Aridas
Crazy Little Green Dragon
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: East Coast, US
Posts: 9,622
Originally Posted by acbytesla View Post
I don't doubt that some of the information on that drive came from Hunter Biden. But it doesn't mean that the data wasn't fabricated and added to the image. Has a computer forensics engineer examined it?
IIRC, yes. Multiple examiners were reported, I think. The result, with a bit of larger context added, can be pretty well summed up as I described earlier when I said -

As for altered, on the other hand - at last check, the current state of things was that some specific things on it have indeed been verified, but not any of the potentially more problematic stuff and that, given the evidence at hand about multiple rounds of later alterations in at least some files, it's impossible to validly claim that the laptop is unaltered. Rather, it seems far more true to say that the extent of alteration is largely unverifiable.

To add a bit more detail there to that, IIRC, in short, the chain of custody is difficult to verify and likely involved people with distinctly political motivations and the evidence shows that it was definitely accessed and altered to some degree at multiple points long after it left Hunter Biden's care, though the specifics may or may not have meaningfully changed things beyond trying to gather up presumably... useful things to use as attempted dirt. The conclusion of the examiners was that the full extent of any potential alteration was unverifiable, just that some alterations could indeed be verified.

No actual dirt on Joe, though.

A bit separately, the NY Post and allies coverage was a bit eye-rolling. The "Most news outlets ignored the laptop’s contents until recently." for example? It wasn't that it was ignored! A bunch reached out to try to at least have some actual verification that such even existed and were flatly refused by the clown show! It was blocked on Twitter, etc? Yeah, for a short time, as Twitter tried to verify whether hacked materials were involved, per then standing policy. A lot of people suggested that it was likely Russian disinformation? Based on the actually available information, at the time the observation was certainly made by a number of respectable figures that it would fit the Russian M.O. quite well, but that no definitive conclusions could truly be reached without actual examination. Entirely reasonable, really, and exactly the kind of thing that could be solved by allowing examination. Examination that, once again, was being blocked for seemingly no good reason provided that some there was actually there. All that "We were right, you biased oppressors who mocked us" resentment can pretty safely be turned right back at the NY Post and co because the lack of acceptance and mockery was completely the result of them being friggin' idiots. "We've got this super political slamdunk and we won't let anyone else even verify that it truly exists!" just isn't that convincing when one regularly pushes inane politically motivated lies anyways.
__________________
So sayeth the crazy little dragon.

Last edited by Aridas; 23rd January 2023 at 02:07 AM.
Aridas is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd January 2023, 02:46 AM   #1243
Skeptic Ginger
Nasty Woman
 
Skeptic Ginger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 92,991
Originally Posted by acbytesla View Post
Thank you for that.

Still it doesn't confirm that Hunter dropped the laptop off at a repair shop halfway across the country.
At some point it was confirmed. And from the shop the FBI took it. The shop owner kept a copy of the hard drive. I don't want to hunt the info down. It's moot anyway because as you say, there's no way to know what has been altered.


Originally Posted by acbytesla View Post
And as I said, it still doesn't address the point that neither the FBI or the repair shop guy has any business possessing either the drive or the hard drive image.

Seems to me the examination of the drive would require a search warrant. But I'm with you. I haven't seen anything that incriminates Joe Biden. Or Hunter for that matter.
I don't know the details of its possession except the laptop was essentially abandoned. There is nothing that incriminates Biden AFAIK.

As for Hunter there are supposedly some porn images and maybe emails about drug use. Hunter admits to being a drug addict in the past. He has a child with a hooker of some kind, also during those drug days.

It's not a secret.
Skeptic Ginger is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd January 2023, 05:27 AM   #1244
ZiprHead
Muse
 
ZiprHead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Sag-Nasty
Posts: 873
Originally Posted by acbytesla View Post
Thank you for that.

Still it doesn't confirm that Hunter dropped the laptop off at a repair shop halfway across the country.

I don't doubt that some of the information on that drive came from Hunter Biden. But it doesn't mean that the data wasn't fabricated and added to the image. Has a computer forensics engineer examined it?

And as I said, it still doesn't address the point that neither the FBI or the repair shop guy has any business possessing either the drive or the hard drive image.

Seems to me the examination of the drive would require a search warrant. But I'm with you. I haven't seen anything that incriminates Joe Biden. Or Hunter for that matter.
From WaPo:
Quote:
What the experts found
In their examinations, Green and Williams found evidence that people other than Hunter Biden had accessed the drive and written files to it, both before and after the initial stories in the New York Post and long after the laptop itself had been turned over to the FBI.

Maxey had alerted The Washington Post to this issue in advance, saying that others had accessed the data to examine its contents and make copies of files. But the lack of what experts call a “clean chain of custody” undermined Green’s and Williams’s ability to determine the authenticity of most of the drive’s contents.

“The drive is a mess,” Green said.

He compared the portable drive he received from The Post to a crime scene in which detectives arrive to find Big Mac wrappers carelessly left behind by police officers who were there before them, contaminating the evidence.

That assessment was echoed by Williams.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/techn...data-examined/
__________________
When conservatives realize they cannot win democratically, they will not abandon conservatism. They will abandon democracy.

IIDB is back, baby!
ZiprHead is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd January 2023, 05:35 AM   #1245
ZiprHead
Muse
 
ZiprHead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Sag-Nasty
Posts: 873
Also from the WaPo link above:
Quote:
The laptop’s journey begins
John Paul Mac Isaac, the owner of the Wilmington repair shop, has said he received the 13-inch MacBook Pro on April 12, 2019, when Hunter Biden asked him to recover data from the computer because it had been damaged by liquid.

According to Mac Isaac’s attorney, Brian Della Rocca, recovering the data was challenging for Mac Isaac.

“He would boot the computer and transfer as much as he could before the computer shut down. Then, he would boot up the computer again, verify what was copied, and then transfer more data until the computer shut down again. This process repeated several times,” Della Rocca said in a prepared statement.
WTF?!? I've been building and repairing computers for thirty years. That's the stupidest way of imaging a hard drive from a damaged computer I've ever heard of.
__________________
When conservatives realize they cannot win democratically, they will not abandon conservatism. They will abandon democracy.

IIDB is back, baby!
ZiprHead is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd January 2023, 05:41 AM   #1246
Darat
Lackey
Administrator
 
Darat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: South East, UK
Posts: 106,877
Originally Posted by ZiprHead View Post
Also from the WaPo link above:


WTF?!? I've been building and repairing computers for thirty years. That's the stupidest way of imaging a hard drive from a damaged computer I've ever heard of.
It really does call into question their level of expertise.
__________________
I wish I knew how to quit you
Darat is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd January 2023, 05:57 AM   #1247
Ziggurat
Penultimate Amazing
 
Ziggurat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 53,001
Latest Bad Lip Reading:
YouTube Video This video is not hosted by the ISF. The ISF can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website.
I AGREE


Extra credit: find the part where it's his actual words.
__________________
"As long as it is admitted that the law may be diverted from its true purpose -- that it may violate property instead of protecting it -- then everyone will want to participate in making the law, either to protect himself against plunder or to use it for plunder. Political questions will always be prejudicial, dominant, and all-absorbing. There will be fighting at the door of the Legislative Palace, and the struggle within will be no less furious." - Bastiat, The Law
Ziggurat is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd January 2023, 07:50 AM   #1248
Tero
Master Poster
 
Tero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: North American prairie
Posts: 2,924
Originally Posted by Skeptic Ginger View Post
IIRC he said it was his and at one point he left at the repair shop. After that however the hard drive was copied and the FBI took possession of the laptop making everything claimed to be on the laptop hard drive suspect.

But seriously, Hunter took advantage of his dad's position. Years later Biden says he believes it was his son's drug addiction and his son has since cleaned up.

You can't control your relatives, kids or parents. I think Biden has addressed the matter sufficiently and the GOP would be going on and on about Hunter regardless. Just look at the GOP history of idiocy from the Vince Foster suicide to Benghazi to EmptyG claiming Biden and the deep state murdered JFK Jr.
He never said that he left that laptop at a repair shop or that it was the one the "FBI" collected. most of the "facts" were made up by Giuliani for the Post article.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hunter...op_controversy

Quote:
Hunter Biden stated in an interview published in April 2021 that he was not sure whether the laptop belonged to him; he said there "could be a laptop out there that was stolen from" him, or he could have been "hacked" by Russian intelligence.[46] The New York Times reported that it "has not been determined that the laptop was stolen".[47] PolitiFact wrote in June 2021: "Over time, there has been less doubt that the laptop did in fact belong to Hunter Biden", concluding that the laptop "was real in the sense that it exists, but it didn't prove much", as "Nothing from the laptop has revealed illegal or unethical behavior by Joe Biden as vice president with regard to his son's tenure as a director for Burisma".[7] PolitiFact states that it is possible that "copies of a laptop" were obtained, instead of the actual laptop.[7] PolitiFact states that the Daily Mail published nude photos of Hunter Biden from the laptop, as well as other content focused on Hunter Biden's drug use and legal issues, but notes that Hunter Biden had already publicized his drug issues.
It will be embarrassing to the GOP committee when there is no laptop.
__________________
Dominus vo-bisque'em Et cum spear a tu-tu, oh!

Politics blog: https://esapolitics.blogspot.com/
Parody: http://karireport.blogspot.com/
Poll: https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com...proval-rating/
Tero is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd January 2023, 08:23 AM   #1249
Random
Illuminator
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Posts: 3,556
Originally Posted by Sherkeu View Post
The laptop is just a piece of a puzzle. But it doesnt matter. Both sides have their shenannigans that profit off of their positions.
As a sitting president, he is protected from a full criminal case, which he should not go through anyway as his mental state is in serious decline.

He wont run again - I am 100% sure of it - and I'm beginning to think they (democrats) are actually trying to have him resign. They are just going after him too hard.
Expect a new slant to a negative story every day, and CNN, NBC, ABC, CBS will run it. That is how you will know. They wont bury it or 'nothingburger' it.

Maybe they will give him a break before the State of the Union on Feb 7. No one wants to hurt the party as a whole for 2024 or give the GOP too much ammo to use. But after that, he has just a week or 2 to announce.
The first step in the CTer journey. Assume there is a puzzle...
__________________
The road to Fascism is paved with people saying, "You're overreacting!".
Random is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd January 2023, 09:22 AM   #1250
Skeptic Ginger
Nasty Woman
 
Skeptic Ginger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 92,991
Originally Posted by Tero View Post
He never said that he left that laptop at a repair shop or that it was the one the "FBI" collected. most of the "facts" were made up by Giuliani for the Post article.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hunter...op_controversy
That's not what your quote says nor does the quote differ from what I posted. From the link:
Quote:
PolitiFact wrote in June 2021: "Over time, there has been less doubt that the laptop did in fact belong to Hunter Biden", concluding that the laptop "was real in the sense that it exists, but it didn't prove much"

Originally Posted by Tero View Post
It will be embarrassing to the GOP committee when there is no laptop.
That's a given. Even if a laptop is produced it is already contaminated and unreliable as evidence. But I'm not sure they care, they'll make stuff up anyway.
Skeptic Ginger is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd January 2023, 09:33 AM   #1251
wareyin
Penultimate Amazing
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Georgia, USA
Posts: 10,872
Originally Posted by Skeptic Ginger View Post
That's not what your quote says nor does the quote differ from what I posted. From the link:


That's a given. Even if a laptop is produced it is already contaminated and unreliable as evidence. But I'm not sure they care, they'll make stuff up anyway.
At one time, there were something like 5 or 6 laptops floating around the GOPershpere, all allegedly having belonged to Hunter Biden. This particular copy of a hard drive never belonged to Hunter, but may be a copy of a drive off of a laptop that was either stolen from Hunter or was simply copied from one Hunter owned. Hunter has never said he left a laptop with that particular computer repair shop or it's owner, nor is the owner able to verify that Hunter was the one who allegedly gave it to him.
wareyin is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd January 2023, 10:56 AM   #1252
The Atheist
The Grammar Tyrant
 
The Atheist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 32,966
WTF? Someone in The Party woke up!

Dick Durbin:

Quote:
Biden should be “embarrassed by the situation”, said Illinois Senator Dick Durbin, the second-ranking Democrat in the Senate, adding that the president had ceded the moral high ground on an issue that has already entangled former President Donald Trump.
Durbin is right to point the difference in action between Trump & Biden after the discovery, but in the minds of the unwashed, they're equivalent.

Now is clearly the time they should be preparing for a different candidate for the election, because anything else will be setting them up for a spectacular fail.
__________________
The point of equilibrium has passed; satire and current events are now indistinguishable.
The Atheist is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd January 2023, 11:30 AM   #1253
wareyin
Penultimate Amazing
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Georgia, USA
Posts: 10,872
Originally Posted by The Atheist View Post
WTF? Someone in The Party woke up!

Dick Durbin:



Durbin is right to point the difference in action between Trump & Biden after the discovery, but in the minds of the unwashed, they're equivalent.

Now is clearly the time they should be preparing for a different candidate for the election, because anything else will be setting them up for a spectacular fail.
I applaud your efforts to cement the opinions of the unwashed and all, but I don't think you're going to make much of a difference to them.
wareyin is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 24th January 2023, 01:40 PM   #1254
Tero
Master Poster
 
Tero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: North American prairie
Posts: 2,924
Originally Posted by Skeptic Ginger View Post
That's not what your quote says nor does the quote differ from what I posted. From the link:


That's a given. Even if a laptop is produced it is already contaminated and unreliable as evidence. But I'm not sure they care, they'll make stuff up anyway.
One line in Wiki thinks the laptop exists. It gives a reference. Nothing else in the whole list of references gives any proof for a laptop. The FBI has not given a statement.

And as I said, Hunter never said yes.

This sort of stuff is not evidence:
https://www.grassley.senate.gov/news...s-arrangements
__________________
Dominus vo-bisque'em Et cum spear a tu-tu, oh!

Politics blog: https://esapolitics.blogspot.com/
Parody: http://karireport.blogspot.com/
Poll: https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com...proval-rating/

Last edited by Tero; 24th January 2023 at 01:44 PM.
Tero is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 24th January 2023, 02:17 PM   #1255
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing
 
Stacyhs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: United States
Posts: 28,611
Originally Posted by Ziggurat View Post
Latest Bad Lip Reading:
YouTube Video This video is not hosted by the ISF. The ISF can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website.
I AGREE


Extra credit: find the part where it's his actual words.
What's sad is that videos of Trump aren't even parodies like this made by BLR. Trump turned what was supposed to be "Diamond's" memorial service eulogy into a 40+ campaign and grievance "me-logy" as Jimmy Fallon called it.
Stacyhs is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 24th January 2023, 06:11 PM   #1256
mgidm86
Philosopher
 
mgidm86's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 8,471
Originally Posted by ZiprHead View Post
Also from the WaPo link above:


WTF?!? I've been building and repairing computers for thirty years. That's the stupidest way of imaging a hard drive from a damaged computer I've ever heard of.

Agreed, I caught that too. You'd take the drive out of the computer, especially if it was water damaged. "Darn it keeps shutting down! It's so hard to backup!" my. gawd.

Perhaps the Repubs are clamoring so loudly about this because they know there is incriminating evidence on it (because they put it there themselves)?

Everyday Republican voters believe there is something important on that laptop and the Republicans in power know they do. Fox has them convinced. The truth doesn't matter. It's all they got so they have to push this story.

The Repubs would be better off if the laptop never surfaced. As it is now they can claim whatever they want and the right people will believe them.
mgidm86 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th January 2023, 03:25 PM   #1257
Tero
Master Poster
 
Tero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: North American prairie
Posts: 2,924
(Bloomberg) -- The US Treasury Department refused Wednesday to provide House Republicans any suspicious activity reports it may have on foreign banking and other business transactions by Hunter Biden and other members of President Joe Biden’s family.
https://news.yahoo.com/us-treasury-d...014351391.html
__________________
Dominus vo-bisque'em Et cum spear a tu-tu, oh!

Politics blog: https://esapolitics.blogspot.com/
Parody: http://karireport.blogspot.com/
Poll: https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com...proval-rating/
Tero is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 27th January 2023, 01:50 PM   #1258
dudalb
Penultimate Amazing
 
dudalb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Sacramento
Posts: 57,211
And now the Israeli Palestinian situatin seems to be exploding again. Another item on Biden's plate.
__________________
Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay - and claims a halo for his dishonesty.

Robert Heinlein.
dudalb is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 27th January 2023, 01:51 PM   #1259
dudalb
Penultimate Amazing
 
dudalb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Sacramento
Posts: 57,211
Originally Posted by Tero View Post
(Bloomberg) -- The US Treasury Department refused Wednesday to provide House Republicans any suspicious activity reports it may have on foreign banking and other business transactions by Hunter Biden and other members of President Joe Biden’s family.
https://news.yahoo.com/us-treasury-d...014351391.html
And that is not a good move IMHO.
__________________
Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay - and claims a halo for his dishonesty.

Robert Heinlein.
dudalb is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 27th January 2023, 02:43 PM   #1260
Segnosaur
Penultimate Amazing
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Canada, eh?
Posts: 19,510
Originally Posted by dudalb View Post
And that is not a good move IMHO.
You are right.

A "good move" would have been to take one of the statements made by either the Trump administration and/or one of Trump's congressional supporters when they stonewalled requests from the democrats, and repeat their own statements word for word.
__________________
Trust me, I know what I'm doing. - Sledgehammer

I'm Mary Poppins Y'all! - Yondu

We are Groot - Groot
Segnosaur is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 27th January 2023, 02:48 PM   #1261
dudalb
Penultimate Amazing
 
dudalb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Sacramento
Posts: 57,211
Originally Posted by Segnosaur View Post
You are right.

A "good move" would have been to take one of the statements made by either the Trump administration and/or one of Trump's congressional supporters when they stonewalled requests from the democrats, and repeat their own statements word for word.
Nope, I feel they should have complied on the "we have nothing to hide" basis.
It was wrong for Trump to stonewall, Wrong for Biden to stonewall.
__________________
Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay - and claims a halo for his dishonesty.

Robert Heinlein.
dudalb is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 27th January 2023, 02:50 PM   #1262
Skeptic Ginger
Nasty Woman
 
Skeptic Ginger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 92,991
Originally Posted by dudalb View Post
And that is not a good move IMHO.
It's a phishing expedition. It's standard to block that kind of data as it would be an illegal search without probable cause. From the link:

Quote:
Jonathan Davidson, Treasury’s legislative affairs chief, told House Oversight and Accountability Chairman James Comer in a letter that he needs more details about why the panel is seeking such “highly sensitive” information.
This is some kind of guess (surmised) on the GOP's part:
Quote:
... Treasury Department has at least 150 SARs related to financial transactions of Biden family member
Right wing sources make sure to frame these as "Biden family reports" when they are mostly Hunter and one other family member. We know about this stuff already and there is zero evidence any of it involves Joe himself.
Skeptic Ginger is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 27th January 2023, 03:00 PM   #1263
Bob001
Penultimate Amazing
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: US of A
Posts: 16,304
Originally Posted by dudalb View Post
And that is not a good move IMHO.
Hunter Biden has never been a public official. On what grounds would Repubs demand any financial records?
Bob001 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 27th January 2023, 03:27 PM   #1264
johnny karate
... and your little dog too.
 
johnny karate's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 15,895
Originally Posted by dudalb View Post
Nope, I feel they should have complied on the "we have nothing to hide" basis.
It was wrong for Trump to stonewall, Wrong for Biden to stonewall.
Calling the protection of a private citizen’s privacy “stonewalling” is an interesting take.
johnny karate is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 27th January 2023, 06:36 PM   #1265
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing
 
Stacyhs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: United States
Posts: 28,611
Originally Posted by dudalb View Post
Nope, I feel they should have complied on the "we have nothing to hide" basis.
It was wrong for Trump to stonewall, Wrong for Biden to stonewall.
Biden is not the Treasury Dept.
Stacyhs is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 27th January 2023, 06:38 PM   #1266
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing
 
Stacyhs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: United States
Posts: 28,611
Originally Posted by dudalb View Post
And now the Israeli Palestinian situatin seems to be exploding again. Another item on Biden's plate.
Wait a minute. I thought Jared K had fixed all that.
Stacyhs is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Today, 05:55 AM   #1267
Tero
Master Poster
 
Tero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: North American prairie
Posts: 2,924
Here we go! The Democrats are the worst party in congress, other than the Republicans:
https://www.cnn.com/2023/01/26/polit...hip/index.html
__________________
Dominus vo-bisque'em Et cum spear a tu-tu, oh!

Politics blog: https://esapolitics.blogspot.com/
Parody: http://karireport.blogspot.com/
Poll: https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com...proval-rating/
Tero is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Reply

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:37 AM.
Powered by vBulletin. Copyright ©2000 - 2023, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

This forum began as part of the James Randi Education Foundation (JREF). However, the forum now exists as
an independent entity with no affiliation with or endorsement by the JREF, including the section in reference to "JREF" topics.

Disclaimer: Messages posted in the Forum are solely the opinion of their authors.