ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » General Skepticism and The Paranormal

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags "Coast to Coast" , airplane incidents , flight 370 , Malaysia incidents , noreen renier , psychics

Old 1st December 2015, 03:21 AM   #1
Sherlock
Muse

Psychic Noreen Renier wrong on Malaysia flight 370

During a Coast to Coast AM interview on February 28, 2015 --- which went into the morning hours of March 1, 2015 --- psychic actress Noreen Renier spoke to host Dave Schrader about flight 370.

Malaysia Airlines flight 370 disappeared March 8, 2014, so Renier’s “super psychic” foresight had been actively building up insight for a full year. And clearly she was closely following news reports over the prior 12 months.

So when asked when the plane would be found in the early hours of March 1, 2015 she agreed with the host it would be during 2015. That answer provided exactly 10 months remaining in 2015, or 10% chance per month. Renier opted to answer in “October or November, October" providing a one-in-five chance of being correct, or a 20% chance at being “dead on accurate”.

It’s important to note she didn’t include December 2015 --- which would have raised her chances to 30% --- but instead pushed October as the most likely indicating “..Yes, Yes, I feel like in October." So if at the end of December 2015 the plane has not been found she essentially failed on 10 out 10 months --- scoring a flat zero --- though many would say she’s already made that target.

Not surprisingly she failed to vision the discovery on July 29 2015 of the plane’s right wing flaperon being found on an island in the western Indian Ocean --- about 2,500 miles west of the area where the plane's presumed to have hit the water. Indeed the flaperon section was determined to have been floating for months before reaching shoreline. Yet Renier on March 1, 2015 visioned the initial discovery differently. She stated "So I feel like when you find the plane -- when they find the plane –it’s not going to be all broken up and sprayed. . . it’s going to be like it was parked. . .or like down the runway."

Well it certainly took a massive structural “break-up” for the flaperon assembly to become disconnected from the plane. Such a structural failure would not provide for finding the plane in a 'parked-like' condition.

And when asked by the Coast to Coast AM host if it was going to be found under water or on the ground Renier states "under water but under earth.. . we went under the land again.. . we weren't that far from land." Well incredibly with normal odds the flaperon at least was found neither under water nor under earth! It floated. And it was found on land not far from water --- not the other way around. Ooops!

So far Noreen Renier’s foresight about flight 370 has been wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong and wrong. And at the end of December 2015 her score will be another remarkable 100% failure to hit anything right. This marks her fourth in a series of airplane crashes where she’s remarkably scored less than chance in her guesswork and delusionary visions.

And still she persists in her continued decades of embellished storytelling of the “incredible accuracy” of her psychic foresight.

For a full account of her delusionary history visit (and please add this link to your own sites) http://www.globalnetresearch.com/findings.html

Last edited by Sherlock; 1st December 2015 at 03:32 AM.
Sherlock is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st December 2015, 08:34 AM   #2
steenkh
Philosopher

She is probably aware that she is a fake, so it is surprising that she joins the bandwagon of those that claim the plane was kidnapped - or at any rate, claiming that the plane has landed somewhere must obviously be the least likely possibility.

On the other hand, she might just say what she knows her customers want to hear.

--
Jack of all trades - master of none!
steenkh is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st December 2015, 01:10 PM   #3
George 152
Philosopher

Oh she knows that she's a fake it's just that there are some who have to believe in any crazy claim
George 152 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st December 2015, 02:22 PM   #4
Son of Inigo
Thinker

Quote:
Psychic Noreen Renier wrong on Malaysia flight 370
I. am. shocked.

not really
Old 1st December 2015, 02:37 PM   #5
Sherlock
Muse

Noreen Renier 2015 Psychic claims on the missing and lost

As she has been told for decades of her errors and continues to repeat them as factual she absolutely lies and pushes known deceptions. Her tales are often delusional as well --- far beyond any reality --- such as her communication with trees as a source of information about past events in the area. Others, including law enforcement officials and judges agree with the assessment she is not credible or correct in her claims.

For more view http://www.globalnetresearch.com/statements.html
Sherlock is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st December 2015, 03:39 PM   #6
Beerina
Sarcastic Conqueror of Notions

Originally Posted by Sherlock View Post
During a Coast to Coast AM interview on February 28, 2015 --- which went into the morning hours of March 1, 2015 --- psychic actress Noreen Renier spoke to host Dave Schrader about flight 370.
It starts at midnight EST so is always the wee morning hours

The host usually sounds pretty bored, and lets the guests yammer on uninterrupted to fill the time. Sometimes I listen to it as white noise while I fall asleep.

The government should nationalize it! Socialized, single-payer video game development and sales now! More, cheaper, better games, right? Right?
Beerina is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st December 2015, 03:42 PM   #7
RecoveringYuppy
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Beerina View Post
Sometimes I listen to it as white noise while I fall asleep.
Step 4 of his evil plan is complete.

Make a fire for a man and you keep him warm for a day. Set him on fire and you keep him warm for the rest of his life.
RecoveringYuppy is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st December 2015, 04:20 PM   #8
DuvalHMFIC
Graduate Poster

I haven't listened to C2C for years, but I always envisioned George Noory playing Call of Duty while he let some of these goofballs ramble on and on. At least Art Bell feigned interest in most of the guests.
Old 1st December 2015, 05:29 PM   #9
fuelair
Suspended

Originally Posted by Son of Inigo View Post
I. am. shocked.

not really
I am in a perfectly dithering tizzy hissy fit, Oh, wait..................
fuelair is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd December 2015, 06:51 PM   #10
Ernie M
Muse

Keep collecting and broadcasting new instances to demonstrate there has not been one scientifically-verifiable instance that anyone, not just Renier, has solved a crime using "psychic" ability. If the day comes that there is provable "psychic" ability, I look forward to the good it would bring to humanity.

I get the sense that Renier has such a long history of being so entrenched in her ways that she will never stop and will push back even harder when cornered with the facts. She will never stop.

Taking a close look at what you see and hear
on a "Real Life. Drama." TV series.
Ernie M is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd December 2015, 12:39 PM   #11
George 152
Philosopher

There was one psychic who 'saw' a murder and was very accurate with her claims..
Then it was discovered that she was the murderer..
Shock.
Horror.
news at 11
George 152 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th December 2015, 01:36 PM   #12
Sherlock
Muse

Noreen Renier psychic detective repeatedly wrong on forecasts

As Noreen Renier has previously responded here (under "NJR" for Noreen Jean Renier) this time she apparently she has no rebuttal worth anything. Her responses in any case are always vague and provide no specifics.

Or are simply innuendo or spite with a statement pointing to some upcoming events before her supporters --- like another talk about one of her books at a local public library. Her supporters have declined rapidly to very few indeed ---based on her own statements that her private hirings have been in serious decline and global investigations have showed no public law enforcement agencies in the U.S. have hired her directly for case investigations for at least two decades, if not three.

She is not, nor has been ever a "police psychic" working cases that she solved. Or was directly hired by the U.S. law enforcement agency to solve.
Not a one in decades.

The word is out on psychic police detectives and mediums with law enforcement agencies --- and the word is apparently 'we don't go there because the results aren't worth crap.'
Old 20th December 2015, 03:17 AM   #13
Sherlock
Muse

Psychic Actress Noreen Renier: 10 day countdown to zero right

So if at the end of December 2015 the plane has not been found she essentially failed on 10 out of 10 months --- scoring a flat zero --- though many would say she’s already made that target. . . . So far Noreen Renier’s foresight about flight 370 has been wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong and wrong. And at the end of December 2015 her score will be another remarkable 100% failure to hit anything right.
The 10-day countdown now begins to zero accuracy in foresight.

Last edited by Sherlock; 20th December 2015 at 03:19 AM.
Old 27th December 2015, 05:39 AM   #14
Sherlock
Muse

5 day countdown to zero accuracy by Noreen Renier on Malaysia 370 flight

10, 9, 8, 7, 6, 5... and not a peep from Noreen Renier that the close of 2015 marks a year in which her visions on Malaysia 370 proved 100% wrong. It also ends another full decade showcasing her 100% failure to make accurate paranormal foresight visions.

Last edited by Sherlock; 27th December 2015 at 05:46 AM.
Old 27th December 2015, 10:33 AM   #15
Trebuchet
Penultimate Amazing

10, 9, 8, 7, 6, 5... and not a peep from Noreen Renier that the close of 2015 marks a year in which her visions on Malaysia 370 proved 100% wrong. It also ends another full decade showcasing her 100% failure to make accurate paranormal foresight visions.
Clearly the thread title is three words and a number too long.
Old 27th December 2015, 09:00 PM   #16
Sherlock
Muse

In another four days I'd say it will be appropriate to ALWAYS drop the word psychic --- thus the thread will be four words too long. Or as I've done in the past, we should only use psychic alongside Noreen Renier when it's followed by actress. And now perhaps also preceded by delusional. Delusional psychic actress.

Last edited by Sherlock; 27th December 2015 at 09:02 PM.
Old 28th December 2015, 11:02 AM   #17
s4zando
Graduate Poster

And when asked by the Coast to Coast AM host if it was going to be found under water or on the ground Renier states "under water but under earth.. . we went under the land again.. . we weren't that far from land."

So, near water then? I still need to fill my bingo card.
s4zando is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th December 2015, 02:14 AM   #18
Sherlock
Muse

Psychic actress Noreen Renier: A delusional tale of nonsense.

Originally Posted by s4zando View Post
So, near water then? I still need to fill my bingo card.
Hhhhhmmmmm. Let's review. She stated: "So I feel like when you find the plane -- when they find the plane –it’s not going to be all broken up and sprayed. . . it’s going to be like it was parked. . .or like down the runway."

It's a reasonable assumption that this plane hit water (a river or ocean) with enough force to disconnect the structure from the plane’s right wing flaperon assembly. It would therefore:

1. Already be "broken up" which Noreen Renier indicates didn't happen.
2. Already be "sprayed" whether that means sprayed with water or scattered in pieces. Which she also stated didn't happen.
3. Already not be "parked" nor "like down a runway." It's fuselage (or key structural pieces) would be water logged and depending on currents and underwater 'ground' conditions, might not be stationary.
4. It would not be as described as "under water but under earth.. . we went under the land again.. . we weren't that far from land." It's nonsense to describe the pieces of the planes structure under such an impact as "under water but under earth" (mud, ground, soil) as it would be below principally water (such as sitting in deep ocean sentiment with water overhead), or resting principally upon the ocean floor --- either way its still below water. And since it's no longer in the air at 500'-5000' altitude its no longer "not far from land" nor both (such as parked and under rain). And at this point it's principal structures like the fuselage would not be afloat.
5. "Not far from land." What's does that mean? Along a sandy shoreline? Sitting 1000 meters off shoreland below a muddy shelf? It's far more likely it's 1-3 thousand miles off Australia in deep water rather than sitting along the shore of a lovely little island. But perhaps its also under the shade of some big palm trees in Noreen Renier's apparent highly delusional tale and "super psychic" paranormal visions.

I'd say you've already scored BINGO just by ignoring her altogether. For a collection of global comments (including from law enforcement officials and judges) that peg Noreen Renier as not credible, see: http://globalnetresearch.com/statements.html

Last edited by Sherlock; 29th December 2015 at 02:32 AM.
Old 14th January 2016, 11:10 AM   #19
Vic Vega
Graduate Poster

Why Maureen Reiner, Sherlock?

Considering the fact that all psychics are frauds, you had many to choose from.

--Shakespeare - Macbeth
Vic Vega is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th January 2016, 01:40 AM   #20
Sherlock
Muse

Check out our history here on the forum by searching under Noreen Renier. In the past decade I've won 5 federal court rulings against her in 5 different court rooms, before 6 different judges. She has been deemed not credible by one federal court with two later federal appeals courts agreeing with that same lower federal court's rulings against her in my favor. And if there's any doubts why Noreen Renier doesn't rate at the extreme end of delusional tales presented as fact, examine the findings at: http://globalnetresearch.com/findings.html
Old 15th January 2016, 03:03 AM   #21
Michel H
Graduate Poster

Check out our history here on the forum by searching under Noreen Renier. In the past decade I've won 5 federal court rulings against her in 5 different court rooms, before 6 different judges. She has been deemed not credible by one federal court with two later federal appeals courts agreeing with that same lower federal court's rulings against her in my favor. And if there's any doubts why Noreen Renier doesn't rate at the extreme end of delusional tales presented as fact, examine the findings at: http://globalnetresearch.com/findings.html
Sherlock, for a complete and balanced presentation of the subject, you should perhaps mention what happened in 1986, an element you seem to have a tendency to "forget" (link: http://www.tampabayskeptics.org/Renier.html).
Michel H is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th January 2016, 05:24 AM   #22
Garrette
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Michel H View Post
Sherlock, for a complete and balanced presentation of the subject, you should perhaps mention what happened in 1986, an element you seem to have a tendency to "forget" (link: http://www.tampabayskeptics.org/Renier.html).
Ah. You mean, of course, her successful libel case because John Morrell could not actively prove fraud. That's a good idea; one could then also point out that during the same case Renier could not prove a single instance of being right, thereby demonstrating that even those who cannot do anything they claim enjoy legal protections in the United States.

However, as I am aware of your other threads and therefor of your personal history, I will make this my last post on the topic.
Old 15th January 2016, 06:21 AM   #23
Michel H
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by Garrette View Post
Ah. You mean, of course, her successful libel case because John Morrell could not actively prove fraud. That's a good idea; one could then also point out that during the same case Renier could not prove a single instance of being right, thereby demonstrating that even those who cannot do anything they claim enjoy legal protections in the United States.

However, as I am aware of your other threads and therefor of your personal history, I will make this my last post on the topic.
As far as I am concerned, you may post as often as you want, in this thread or in any other thread. There are, however, two small points I would like to mention:
(1) It is not impossible, in principle, that Renier has acquired information about one of her cases through extra-sensory means (and here I mean mostly telepathy, I am skeptical about the other ways), even if Morrell has perhaps proven this does not work well (or perhaps not at all) in practice.
Because of this possibility, a moderate and sensitive approach may be needed, and I am not sure this is exactly the path that was chosen.
(2) Renier was successful in her libel case in 1986, about one year after I discovered my own (apparent) telepathy in the United States. I suspect this might not quite be a coincidence. One could also point that "Renier" seems to be a name of French origin, while my own native language is French, and this may have its little meaning too.
Michel H is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th January 2016, 09:12 AM   #24
DuvalHMFIC
Graduate Poster

As far as I am concerned, you may post as often as you want, in this thread or in any other thread. There are, however, two small points I would like to mention:
(1) It is not impossible, in principle, that Renier has acquired information about one of her cases through extra-sensory means (and here I mean mostly telepathy, I am skeptical about the other ways), even if Morrell has perhaps proven this does not work well (or perhaps not at all) in practice.
Because of this possibility, a moderate and sensitive approach may be needed, and I am not sure this is exactly the path that was chosen.
(2) Renier was successful in her libel case in 1986, about one year after I discovered my own (apparent) telepathy in the United States. I suspect this might not quite be a coincidence. One could also point that "Renier" seems to be a name of French origin, while my own native language is French, and this may have its little meaning too.
Have you attempted to claim your million yet?
Old 15th January 2016, 10:15 AM   #25
Garrette
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by DuvalHMFIC View Post
He has recently revived his continuing series of online telepathy tests. The exactly appropriate response is this one.
Old 15th January 2016, 11:09 AM   #26
Michel H
Graduate Poster

No, winning such a large amount of money does not seem essential for me at this point. But I am thinking about writing a scientific article at some point, although I don't really know if this will happen or not. I recently found a lady (a "phone psychic") living near my home who agreed to do a telepathy test on the phone (several had refused before), the test was a moderate success. I would like now to do the same test with a person (a psychic, a psychologist, or just an ordinary citizen) living "on the other side of the Earth" for me (in French Polynesia or in new Caledonia) and compare, in order to see hopefully the effect of distance. If I can find a real distance effect (I am not sure I will), this would be, I suppose, a real step forward in the study of telepathy. It seems to me that my "telepathic case", which I view as kind of an "accident of nature", might be an opportunity to try to clarify the "physicalness" of ESP. I have actually already done a phone test with a psychologist in French Polynesia in 2006, which apparently was a moderate success too. If you (or anybody else) know a possible volunteer for telepathy tests in New Zealand or Australia, feel free to give me his/her name and email
Old 15th January 2016, 11:13 AM   #27
Vic Vega
Graduate Poster

Thanks!

--Shakespeare - Macbeth
Vic Vega is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th January 2016, 11:36 AM   #28
DuvalHMFIC
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by Garrette View Post
He has recently revived his continuing series of online telepathy tests. The exactly appropriate response is this one.
Without getting to see the context of that reply, is that tongue-in-cheek or serious? And if serious, how is this information known?
Old 15th January 2016, 11:38 AM   #29
Garrette
Penultimate Amazing

Without getting to see the context of that reply, is that tongue-in-cheek or serious? And if serious, how is this information known?
It's serious. The context is years of Michel H threads and interactions plus his many admissions of such conditions.
Old 15th January 2016, 11:40 AM   #30
Garrette
Penultimate Amazing

Start with post #2342 on this thread (I've sent you to the right page) for the latest iteration and read other posters' thoughts on it, including the one I linked above.
Old 15th January 2016, 11:53 AM   #31
DuvalHMFIC
Graduate Poster

Thanks. I'm not the type to get into a tit-for-tat with another poster anyway, but good to know.
Old 15th January 2016, 11:57 AM   #32
Nonpareil
The Terrible Trivium

It is quite serious. Michel H has stated as much multiple times over the course of his main thread here.
Old 16th January 2016, 04:18 AM   #33
Sherlock
Muse

Noreen Renier: Psychic Actress of delusional tales

I certainly never ignore her deceptions before a six-member jury while she lived in a town of about 1900 people --- where she filed her 1985 lawsuit in a small county court.

It's the one reason I battled her before two state courts, multiple U.S. District courts in multiple states, and also U.S. federal appeals courts --- and won every single time over the past two decades. For a woman who claims psychic powers of foresight she certainly lost again and again --- even after telling reporters beforehand that she foresaw wins.

Apparently Michel you did not take the time to read the long list of her failings as reported by judges, police detectives, police officers, and eye witnesses. It's sad when one is so certain of delusions that they also pretend to have silenced the truth.
Old 16th January 2016, 07:24 AM   #34
Michel H
Graduate Poster

I certainly never ignore her deceptions before a six-member jury while she lived in a town of about 1900 people --- where she filed her 1985 lawsuit in a small county court.

It's the one reason I battled her before two state courts, multiple U.S. District courts in multiple states, and also U.S. federal appeals courts --- and won every single time over the past two decades. For a woman who claims psychic powers of foresight she certainly lost again and again --- even after telling reporters beforehand that she foresaw wins.

Apparently Michel you did not take the time to read the long list of her failings as reported by judges, police detectives, police officers, and eye witnesses. It's sad when one is so certain of delusions that they also pretend to have silenced the truth.
Do you know when she filed this 1985 lawsuit? If you could give the month, I would be interested.
I am not an unconditional fan of Noreen, but it seems to me that you are still not very clear about what happened in 1985-1986. I don't remember reading you saying roughly "In 1985, she attacked me and won, but I fought back and I was supported by all courts beyond 1986". What happened between 1986 and 1996? What there peace between you then?
Old 16th January 2016, 09:03 AM   #35
dropzone
Master Poster

Michel H, I understand how you feel no need or desire for a million dollars US, unlike nearly everybody else on the planet, but do you not see the value in the positive publicity it would bring your cause? How it would open new vistas of human endeavor? How you could silence your critics? How you could laugh in Randi's face by showing an old man that his life has been wasted? Does none of this appeal to you?
dropzone is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th January 2016, 09:28 AM   #36
Sherman Bay
Master Poster

Originally Posted by DuvalHMFIC"
No, winning such a large amount of money does not seem essential for me at this point.
Are you familiar with the concept of charities? Why are you depriving them of much-needed cash? Why would you treat humanitarian activities with such disdain? Don't you think Doctors Without Borders would welcome your generous, self-less donation of a million dollars? Have you no compassion for the sick? The disadvantaged? The politically persecuted? The poor? Those with no psychic ability?
Sherman Bay is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th January 2016, 10:00 AM   #37
Michel H
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by dropzone View Post
Michel H, I understand how you feel no need or desire for a million dollars US, unlike nearly everybody else on the planet, but do you not see the value in the positive publicity it would bring your cause? How it would open new vistas of human endeavor? How you could silence your critics? How you could laugh in Randi's face by showing an old man that his life has been wasted? Does none of this appeal to you?
Originally Posted by Sherman Bay View Post
... Have you no compassion for the sick? The disadvantaged? The politically persecuted? The poor? ...
Well, if I get a Nobel prize in Physics, or in Medicine and Physiology, this would give me publicity too
Society gives me enough money to pay for my food and my basic needs (I am grateful for this), so getting a large amount of money is not a priority for me, especially if a lot of stress and effort was required to achieve that goal, this could be bad for my health.
As a (still hypothetical) "super-telepath", I am a little concerned also with my social responsibility, what I can perhaps bring to others, and perhaps also the trouble that I may sometimes involuntarily give to others. My goal is not just to try to take advantage of others in a selfish way, that's not even fun to me.

I am fully aware of the fact that there is suffering in the world, think for example about the terrible situation in Syria, all the refugees, the conflict in Ukraine and its consequences, the worldwide terrorist threat, the climate change and so on. Enough to keep you busy if you want to be a good citizen (I study all these things), and you feel you may perhaps help a little sometimes.
Old 16th January 2016, 10:43 AM   #38
Sherman Bay
Master Poster

Michael H, you may have missed the point. No matter how well off you are, if passing a simple test of your ability -- something you claim is super-easy -- is all it takes to be able to get a million dollars, you are being a real horse's ass if you don't acquire this wealth and give it to a worthy cause. It appears that is your current plan. How can you be so callous?
Quote:
Society gives me enough money to pay for my food and my basic needs...
Who cares about you? I am talking about others.
Quote:
...so getting a large amount of money is not a priority for me...
but it is for many others in the world. Why not help them out?
Quote:
... especially if a lot of stress and effort was required to achieve that goal, this could be bad for my health.
So using your psychic ability is bad for your health? Sorry to hear that.
Quote:
As a (still hypothetical) "super-telepath"...
So you are not firm about your ability? Why not take the test so we all (you included) can find out? Otherwise, your "ability" is nothing but a personal fantasy. Say it ain't so, Joe!
Quote:
I am a little concerned also with my social responsibility, what I can perhaps bring to others,..
Perfect! Don't you think a million dollars would be a welcome gift to others?
Quote:
... and perhaps also the trouble that I may sometimes involuntarily give to others. My goal is not just to try to take advantage of others in a selfish way, that's not even fun to me.
What's selfish about a large donation to charity, unless that charity is you? Make a difference in this world, as you say you want to!
Quote:
I am fully aware of the fact that there is suffering in the world, think for example about the terrible situation in Syria, all the refugees, the conflict in Ukraine and its consequences, the worldwide terrorist threat, the climate change and so on. Enough to keep you busy if you want to be a good citizen (I study all these things), and you feel you may perhaps help a little sometimes.
So you are a concerned citizen, and a perfect candidate for a donor. Although your personal needs are adequate, you have a golden opportunity to provide significant funds to others. Yet you won't take the MDC to get those funds! Methinks your "social conscience" persona is merely a front. Anyone who can provide for others in such a capacity, but refuses to do so, is a fraud or an uncaring monster. Which one is you?

Put your ability where your mouth is, Dude!
Sherman Bay is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th January 2016, 01:20 PM   #39
Nonpareil
The Terrible Trivium

Originally Posted by Sherman Bay View Post
Michael H, you may have missed the point. No matter how well off you are, if passing a simple test of your ability -- something you claim is super-easy -- is all it takes to be able to get a million dollars, you are being a real horse's ass if you don't acquire this wealth and give it to a worthy cause. It appears that is your current plan. How can you be so callous?
Michel H is not an idiot or a fraud. He suffers from schizophrenia. The best course of action, in this case, is simply to avoid engaging with him.
Old 16th January 2016, 04:02 PM   #40
Sherman Bay
Master Poster

Originally Posted by Nonpareil View Post
Maybe. Shaming, even satiristic shaming, doesn't seem to have the desired effect, but the "I don't need the money" ploy isn't original or limited to shizos.

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » General Skepticism and The Paranormal