ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags FOTL , Freeman on the Land , Rob Menard

Old 16th November 2016, 12:31 PM   #3561
arayder
Graduate Poster

Thanks for the correction, phiwum. I also have wasted a few hours here and there over the years looking at car wrecks.

But seriously, I think the interesting thing left to talk about regarding sovcit/freemanism is what the next iteration of the mindset might be. A few Canadian freemen have "lit out for the territories" and are living in RV campers, or isolated cabins. It's not for everybody, but it may be the next thing.
arayder is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th November 2016, 12:42 PM   #3562
halleyscomet
Philosopher

Originally Posted by arayder View Post
Thanks for the correction, phiwum. I also have wasted a few hours here and there over the years looking at car wrecks.

But seriously, I think the interesting thing left to talk about regarding sovcit/freemanism is what the next iteration of the mindset might be. A few Canadian freemen have "lit out for the territories" and are living in RV campers, or isolated cabins. It's not for everybody, but it may be the next thing.
It'll be interesting to see what impact, if any, Trump being in office will have on the movement.
Old 16th November 2016, 01:08 PM   #3563
arayder
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by halleyscomet View Post
It'll be interesting to see what impact, if any, Trump being in office will have on the movement.
There is a populist/nationalist movement going on in many places.

Here in the states a core of Trump supporters are so deeply cynical that I can't see them being anything but deeply disappointed when the Trump agenda gets heavily modified by the House, Senate and the courts.

It could be that the next wave of deeply anti-government types will trace their roots to what they see as failed nationalistic movements.

There are several freemen and sovcits gurus who are so terribly racist. I'd hate to see them get in the same room with a bunch of disappointed nationalists.
arayder is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd June 2019, 04:30 PM   #3564
arayder
Graduate Poster

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_aSf2VdN8Zw
Old 4th June 2019, 04:40 AM   #3565
Stylesjl
Thinker

Video unavailable.

It also helps if you talk about what was in it as well.
Stylesjl is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th June 2019, 04:43 AM   #3566
arayder
Graduate Poster

The video has been taken down due to a copyright claim by Bobby Menard.

The video was Van Balion II's reposting of Menard's own filming of his infamous encounter with Toronto police* that led to his arrest for impersonating a police officer.

The comments page was not kind to Bobby.

So it seems Menard is taking time out form his busy schedule at Real3 Games to surf the net for any mention of his name.

-------------------

* https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wb13avvbfAs

Last edited by arayder; 4th June 2019 at 04:48 AM.
Old 4th June 2019, 05:34 AM   #3567
Hans
Philosopher

What is Menard up to these days at Real2 Games?
Hans is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th June 2019, 07:40 AM   #3568
Horatius
NWO Kitty Wrangler

Originally Posted by Hans View Post

Same things he's up to every day, Pinky. Trying to take over the world!
Old 4th June 2019, 09:19 AM   #3569
Whip
Graduate Poster

So it seems Menard is taking time out form his busy schedule at Real3 Games to surf the net for any mention of his name.

don't be silly. he's so lazy that he put his name into google alerts and let them do the heavy lifting.
Whip is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th June 2019, 09:49 AM   #3570
halleyscomet
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Whip View Post
don't be silly. he's so lazy that he put his name into google alerts and let them do the heavy lifting.
What is the deal with Real3 Games anyway? Is there a web site? I did some googling but all I'm finding are references to their business registration:

https://www.bizapedia.com/wy/real3-games.html
Old 4th June 2019, 10:13 AM   #3571
arayder
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by Hans View Post
Originally Posted by Horatius View Post
Same things he's up to every day, Pinky. Trying to take over the world!
Every so often he makes a reference to the "business" on his Facebook page. Back in January he said the launch was imminent, but that he had to keep the details secret.

Every once in a while, so as to make it seem work is ongoing, he asks if any of his Facebook friends has expertise in in a particular area.

Last edited by arayder; 4th June 2019 at 10:26 AM.
Old 4th June 2019, 11:18 AM   #3572
Whip
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by halleyscomet View Post
What is the deal with Real3 Games anyway? Is there a web site? I did some googling but all I'm finding are references to their business registration:

https://www.bizapedia.com/wy/real3-games.html
another fake biz he made up to try and grift with since the ningerbil goat was such a smash hit.
Whip is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th June 2019, 11:44 AM   #3573
arayder
Graduate Poster

My observation may be off base, but it seems to me that sovcit/freemen gurus are often driven to portray their work lives as vibrant and successful as a result of their embrace of freedom.

It just wouldnít do for the guruís life not to be touched in every way by the brilliance of his own teachings.

When you consider the difficulty of explaining how the guru deals with taxes, laws and regulations in the market place itís better that he just pretends heís living large.
Old 5th June 2019, 11:50 AM   #3574
bknight
Graduate Poster

My observation may be off base, but it seems to me that sovcit/freemen gurus are often driven to portray their work lives as vibrant and successful as a result of their embrace of freedom.

It just wouldnít do for the guruís life not to be touched in every way by the brilliance of his own teachings.

When you consider the difficulty of explaining how the guru deals with taxes, laws and regulations in the market place itís better that he just pretends heís living large.
Especially when beating his chest proclaiming wisdom
bknight is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories