ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Old 6th June 2019, 04:51 PM   #41
abaddon
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Belgian thought View Post
Jerry Sprocket set up YouTube account Feb 24, 2019

Gingervytes joined 7th March 2019

The mystery weakens.
Oh that is one of two things. Either the protagonist is fundamentally disturbed and actually believes the CIA will be raiding his home if he/she/it/housecat self identifies. (as though they coulodn't do that already)

Or, he/she/it/housecat gets their jollies winding people up on the internet.

Up to you to decide which you think is more likely in this case.

...love and buttercakes...
abaddon is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th June 2019, 05:11 PM   #42
Trebuchet
Penultimate Amazing

The OP hasn't been back to the thread since the first post. What a surprise.
Old 6th June 2019, 05:14 PM   #43
Elagabalus
Illuminator

Originally Posted by Trebuchet View Post
Question for you Gingervytes: Are you the creator of the Jerry Sprocket videos?
He has said "look at my video" in the other thread. Although, that could mean "look at my link" to someone else's video. As I mentioned in the other thread jerry's scale is ***Gasp*** metric! That means he's at least a Cannuck.
Elagabalus is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th June 2019, 10:37 PM   #44
Axxman300
Illuminator

For the record, if the CIA wants to slip me some LSD...I'm open to it....
Old 6th June 2019, 10:53 PM   #45
Hlafordlaes
Disorder of Kilopi

Originally Posted by Gingervytes View Post
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oreu9j-LIx0
The media makes you believe in false facts and then consent to laws based on those false facts without realizing the laws take away your freedoms
I see. In that case, best you learn to argue from first principles and foundational postulates, take a degree in a hard science to learn method, then practice your skepticism daily by starting from the ground up and testing all assumptions. Beware Occam's Razor and Hume's Guillotine, as they are sharp and must be used with care.

As for the comings and goings of the members of our race, homo sapiens sapiens, some time spent with the Strange Case of Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde is highly recommended.
Old 7th June 2019, 05:42 AM   #46
bknight
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by Axxman300 View Post
For the record, if the CIA wants to slip me some LSD...I'm open to it....
Don't step into the light.
bknight is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th June 2019, 02:25 PM   #47
Loss Leader
I would save the receptionist.

So that's it with Viet Nam? We just yell "Gulf of Tonkin" and run away as though the US hadn't already fought a proxy war with China/Russia and was happy to repeat the process with or without the Maddox incident? That's disappointing. I wanted to have a debate about whether policy-makers knowingly lied about the Maddox in order to gin up a war for ... some reason.

Did the Bush Administration knowingly lie about WMDs in Iraq? They definitely disregarded inconvenient facts. But is that the same as lying?

I would have enjoyed that debate.

L. Leader
Loss Leader is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th June 2019, 02:32 PM   #48
Hans
Philosopher

Damn they got him - poor bastard.....
Hans is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th June 2019, 03:27 PM   #49
bytewizard
Master Poster

Originally Posted by Gingervytes View Post
Gulf of Tonkin incident leading to congress approval of war and other laws implemented in relation to it
Prove there is a Gulf of Tonkin. Pictures/Videos do not count.
bytewizard is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th June 2019, 10:06 PM   #50
Hans
Philosopher

Originally Posted by bytewizard View Post
Prove there is a Gulf of Tonkin. Pictures/Videos do not count.
Heck ask him to prove there was something called the 'Vietnam War'.
Hans is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th June 2019, 07:23 AM   #51
Robin
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by JoeMorgue View Post
Never liked MK Ultra, think the series peaked with MK Trilogy.

Oh we're not talking about Mortal Kombat?
No, I am pretty sure it is Mario Kart.
The non-theoretical character of metaphysics would not be in itself a defect; all arts have this non-theoretical character without thereby losing their high value for personal as well as for social life. The danger lies in the deceptive character of metaphysics; it gives the illusion of knowledge without actually giving any knowledge. This is the reason why we reject it. - Rudolf Carnap "Philosophy and Logical Syntax"
Robin is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th June 2019, 07:25 AM   #52
Robin
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Hans View Post
Damn they got him - poor bastard.....
It is well known that as soon as you start to mention the great Mario Kart conspiracy, two men in moustaches turn up at your door and you are never seen again.
The non-theoretical character of metaphysics would not be in itself a defect; all arts have this non-theoretical character without thereby losing their high value for personal as well as for social life. The danger lies in the deceptive character of metaphysics; it gives the illusion of knowledge without actually giving any knowledge. This is the reason why we reject it. - Rudolf Carnap "Philosophy and Logical Syntax"
Robin is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th June 2019, 07:40 AM   #53
theprestige
Penultimate Amazing

Probably rethinking their entire worldview, after I pointed out that YouTube is part of Google, and Google is part of Them, and he's just saying what They want him to say.
theprestige is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th June 2019, 10:41 AM   #54
Hans
Philosopher

Originally Posted by theprestige View Post
Probably rethinking their entire worldview, after I pointed out that YouTube is part of Google, and Google is part of Them, and he's just saying what They want him to say.
How true THEY flood the internet with implausible, silly and improbable claims so that the REAL claims against 'THEM' pass unnoticed - hidden in plain sight!!!!OMG
Old 8th June 2019, 10:50 AM   #55
bknight
Graduate Poster

How true THEY flood the internet with implausible, silly and improbable claims so that the REAL claims against 'THEM' pass unnoticed - hidden in plain sight!!!!OMG
Ah the ubiquitous they and them must always be a CIA, If only the CIA was as omnipotent as people want to believe.
bknight is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th June 2019, 07:17 PM   #56
Hans
Philosopher

Originally Posted by bknight View Post
Ah the ubiquitous they and them must always be a CIA, If only the CIA was as omnipotent as people want to believe.
My Uncle was an accountant for the CIA in the 50-70's and based solely on what he said about the state of their accounts and fiscal standards they'd have been lucky to not go bankrupt if they were a real firm....
Old 9th June 2019, 07:35 PM   #57
Trebuchet
Penultimate Amazing

Jerry Sprocket is a complete and utter idiot.
That'd be an infraction if he's a member of the forum....
Old 10th June 2019, 08:18 AM   #58
bknight
Graduate Poster

My Uncle was an accountant for the CIA in the 50-70's and based solely on what he said about the state of their accounts and fiscal standards they'd have been lucky to not go bankrupt if they were a real firm....
Of course but they are a government entitlement.
Old 10th June 2019, 09:04 AM   #59
Allen773
Graduate Poster

OK, I'll let my CIA/CNN overlords know. Thanks.
Allen773 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th June 2019, 02:48 AM   #60
Craig4
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by carlitos View Post
This member has started 3 threads related directly to their youtube videos. If these videos are monetized, they are collecting some pennies for their activity here.

"Taxation through inflation? Price is right says yes!" - in economics
"Rockets cannot propel in the vacuum of space." - in science
"MK Ultra" - this thread.

See any pattern?

How much does one get per click? This can't be worth the effort. Wouldn't you need thousands of followers who click multiple videos to make any real money with You Tube?
Craig4 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories