ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags donald trump , Trump administration , Trump controversies

Old 21st October 2020, 07:18 AM   #361
Captain_Swoop
Penultimate Amazing

Trump Tweets

WSJ Editorial Board: Joe Biden Must Answer Questions About Hunter Biden and China https://breitbart.com/national-secur...den-and-china/ via @BreitbartNews
Joe Biden is a totally corrupt politician, and got caught. At least now he won’t be able to raise your Taxes - Biggest increase in U.S. history!
Captain_Swoop is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st October 2020, 07:39 AM   #362
Ladewig
I lost an avatar bet.

Did I miss posts about Trump’s Chinese bank account?

The allegation comes from a NYT story that says it discovered the account by looking at his tax returns. He paid local Chinese taxes on a Trump International bank account.

ETA
Did Donny “Projection” Trump call his opponent China Joe or Beijing Biden?

Last edited by Ladewig; 21st October 2020 at 07:55 AM.
Ladewig is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st October 2020, 07:47 AM   #363
Craig4
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Captain_Swoop View Post
Trump Tweets

I am pleased to inform you that, for the sake of accuracy in reporting, I am considering posting my interview with Lesley Stahl of 60 Minutes, PRIOR TO AIRTIME! This will be done so that everybody can get a glimpse of what a FAKE and BIASED interview is all about...

...Everyone should compare this terrible Electoral Intrusion with the recent interviews of Sleepy Joe Biden!
Another lie from Trump. To consider implies thought and we all know Trump is incapable of thinking.
Old 21st October 2020, 08:50 AM   #364
Captain_Swoop
Penultimate Amazing

Trump Tweets

Great interview Eric!
Quote Tweet

Flag of United States ERIC BOLLING Flag of United States
@ericbolling
Not sure what all the fuss was about today with @60Minutes and @realDonaldTrump .. He seemed perfectly fine at my TownHall- taped just minutes after he finished with @cbs.
Judge for yourselves->

(Video in link). https://twitter.com/ericbolling/stat...15146798288897
Captain_Swoop is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st October 2020, 08:51 AM   #365
Captain_Swoop
Penultimate Amazing

Trump Retweeted

Jenn Pellegrino OAN
@JennPellegrino
Trump on Biden’s press lids: “They put a lid... a lid like a garbage can”
Old 21st October 2020, 09:03 AM   #366
Captain_Swoop
Penultimate Amazing

Donald Trump Jr. tweeted

@DonaldJTrumpJr
Secret Service Travel Records Confirm Hunter Biden Trips In Emails
Old 21st October 2020, 09:06 AM   #367
Modified
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Skeptic Ginger View Post
I see it differently. Trump didn't like the interview. I think we all agree on that. But he imagines it went differently and in his mind his copy of the recording contains the 'differently'. But it doesn't.
That was exactly my thought. He sent that tweet, then his advisors viewed the complete tape and told him "bad idea" in a way that they thought would do the least damage to his ego.
Modified is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st October 2020, 09:08 AM   #368
JoeMorgue
Self Employed
Remittance Man

"Sir the media is showing a clip of you crapping your pants."
"What! That's outrageous! Release the full video!"
"Sir the full video is you crapping your pants and then crying about it."
Old 21st October 2020, 09:12 AM   #369
Captain_Swoop
Penultimate Amazing

The President having a secret Chinese bank account and paying hundreds of times more taxes in China than the US seems like it should be a bigger thing.
Old 21st October 2020, 09:18 AM   #370
JoeMorgue
Self Employed
Remittance Man

The President having a secret Chinese bank account and paying hundreds of times more taxes in China than the US seems like it should be a bigger thing.
Everything Trump does "should be a bigger thing."

But Trump gets a pass because he's a psychopathic monster with no morals or standards backed by a base of nihilistic trolls so it's not a sin when he does something horrible, but when an uppity Democrat hangs the toilet paper the wrong way "Oh that just proves they aren't as perfect as they think they are."

His base really does feel that the fact that he's openly wallowing in his horribleness gives him the benefit of the doubt over someone who actually has morals and standards.

You can't be a "hypocrite" or "uppity" or "over dramatic" if you are openly horrible across the board and those are the only sins Trump's supporters recognize.

All they care about is "taking people who think too much of themselves down a peg" and since Trump's already as low as a human can go, he's immune to that.

Last edited by JoeMorgue; 21st October 2020 at 09:22 AM.
JoeMorgue is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st October 2020, 09:18 AM   #371
timhau
NWO Litter Technician

Location: Looks like Finland. Smells like Finland. Quacks like Finland. Where the hell am I?
I don't think that's anywhere near the top-10 of Things that Should Be Bigger Things with Trump. But his base, and those benefiting from him or his base, don't care.

ETA: Remember the bouties on US soldiers, about which Trump did and said a total of diddly-squat? Those should absolutely sink him to the low single digits in any sane world where "patriot" means something other than "wannabe fascist".

Last edited by timhau; 21st October 2020 at 09:23 AM.
timhau is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st October 2020, 10:27 AM   #372
alfaniner
Penultimate Amazing

I'm sure some lip-reader will translate Stahl's comments from that clip immediately after the interview ended. I'd like to know that myself.
Old 21st October 2020, 10:29 AM   #373
alfaniner
Penultimate Amazing

"We'll see what happens... in... two weeks."

(I meant to post that yesterday.)
Old 21st October 2020, 11:46 AM   #374
Dr.Sid
Illuminator

Why ? Having account means nothing. And if he has any business in China, he's likely to pay taxes. And options to 'optimize' your taxes might be limited in China.
It makes for a good headline, but there is no story just yet.
Dr.Sid is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st October 2020, 12:15 PM   #375
Delphic Oracle
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Dr.Sid View Post
Why ? Having account means nothing. And if he has any business in China, he's likely to pay taxes. And options to 'optimize' your taxes might be limited in China.

Remind me again, underneath all the bluster, what is the basic problem with Hunter Biden regarding China, exactly?
Delphic Oracle is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st October 2020, 12:51 PM   #376
Norman Alexander
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Delphic Oracle View Post
Remind me again, underneath all the bluster, what is the basic problem with Hunter Biden regarding China, exactly?
He has been there...maybe. So clearly it was for no good reason.
...our governments are just trying to protect us from terror. In the same way that someone banging a hornets’ nest with a stick is trying to protect us from hornets. Frankie Boyle, Guardian, July 2015
Norman Alexander is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st October 2020, 12:54 PM   #377
Dr.Sid
Illuminator

He's usually accused of much more then 'having an account'. He's accused of tight relationship with China government and Joe Biden affecting US politics toward China because of that.
And say whatever you want against Trump, he's not very friendly toward China, especially in 2020.
Dr.Sid is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st October 2020, 01:11 PM   #378
timhau
NWO Litter Technician

Location: Looks like Finland. Smells like Finland. Quacks like Finland. Where the hell am I?
They both exist on the same planet.Makes you wonder, doesn't it?
Old 21st October 2020, 01:12 PM   #379
Skeptic Ginger
Nasty Woman

Originally Posted by Ladewig View Post

The allegation comes from a NYT story that says it discovered the account by looking at his tax returns. He paid local Chinese taxes on a Trump International bank account.

ETA
The discussion has been going on over in the Trump Taxes thread.

It needs a new thread of its own.
Old 21st October 2020, 01:13 PM   #380
Aridas
Crazy Little Green Dragon

Originally Posted by Ladewig View Post

ETA
It was poked at a couple times in the Trump's tax returns thread.
Old 21st October 2020, 01:14 PM   #381
Skeptic Ginger
Nasty Woman

It will be.
Old 21st October 2020, 01:15 PM   #382
Skeptic Ginger
Nasty Woman

Originally Posted by JoeMorgue View Post

But Trump gets a pass because he's a psychopathic monster with no morals or standards backed by a base of nihilistic trolls so it's not a sin when he does something horrible, but when an uppity Democrat hangs the toilet paper the wrong way "Oh that just proves they aren't as perfect as they think they are."

His base really does feel that the fact that he's openly wallowing in his horribleness gives him the benefit of the doubt over someone who actually has morals and standards.

You can't be a "hypocrite" or "uppity" or "over dramatic" if you are openly horrible across the board and those are the only sins Trump's supporters recognize.

All they care about is "taking people who think too much of themselves down a peg" and since Trump's already as low as a human can go, he's immune to that.
We'll see.

Have some popcorn.
Old 21st October 2020, 01:17 PM   #383
Skeptic Ginger
Nasty Woman

Originally Posted by timhau View Post
I don't think that's anywhere near the top-10 of Things that Should Be Bigger Things with Trump. But his base, and those benefiting from him or his base, don't care.

ETA: Remember the bouties on US soldiers, about which Trump did and said a total of diddly-squat? Those should absolutely sink him to the low single digits in any sane world where "patriot" means something other than "wannabe fascist".
There's a certain little money laundering reveal that I'm sure Rachel Maddow will be on top of tonight.
Old 21st October 2020, 01:26 PM   #384
timhau
NWO Litter Technician

There's a certain little money laundering reveal that I'm sure Rachel Maddow will be on top of tonight.
Thinking required. Too complicated.
Old 21st October 2020, 01:32 PM   #385
CORed
Philosopher

"Sir the media is showing a clip of you crapping your pants."
"What! That's outrageous! Release the full video!"
"Sir the full video is you crapping your pants and then crying about it."
I have no doubt that if (or maybe I should say when) Trump craps his pants in public, his supporters will consider it a masterful piece of political gamesmanship, that could only be pulled off by a true (stable) genius like Trump.
CORed is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st October 2020, 02:43 PM   #386
Delphic Oracle
Philosopher

He's usually accused of much more then 'having an account'. He's accused of tight relationship with China government and Joe Biden affecting US politics toward China because of that.

And say whatever you want against Trump, he's not very friendly toward China, especially in 2020.
It's not like friendly disposition is a) in all cases bad, or b) the only kind of relationship that can be bad.

Trump's disposition towards and dealings in China (and his family members too) have influenced his thinking and the idiotic trade war is objectively bad for most parties.
Delphic Oracle is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st October 2020, 02:54 PM   #387
Captain_Swoop
Penultimate Amazing

Trump Tweets

Just don’t see any way Nancy Pelosi and Cryin’ Chuck Schumer will be willing to do what is right for our great American workers, or our wonderful USA itself, on Stimulus. Their primary focus is BAILING OUT poorly run (and high crime) Democrat cities and states....

....Should take care of our people. It wasn’t their fault that the Plague came in from China!
Old 21st October 2020, 04:10 PM   #388
Captain_Swoop
Penultimate Amazing

Obama on Trump:
"He's got a secret Chinese bank account. How's that possible? Listen, can you imagine if I had a secret Chinese bank account when I was running for reelection? You think Fox News might've been a little concerned? They would've called me Beijing Barry."

"There are consequences to [Trump's] actions. They embolden other people to be cruel & divisive & racist & it frays the fabric of our society. And it affects how our children seen things...it affects how the world looks at America. That behavior matters. Character matters"

Last edited by Captain_Swoop; 21st October 2020 at 04:28 PM.
Old 21st October 2020, 04:16 PM   #389
Tero
Master Poster

Not much Trump
CNN
Trump: "Not much."

The President of the United States, faced with a still-raging virus that has sickened 8.2 million Americans and killed 221,000, says that there is "not much" that he would have done differently if he could do things all over.

https://amp.cnn.com/cnn/2020/10/21/p...ing/index.html

Because he was never wrong.
Tero is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st October 2020, 04:38 PM   #390
Norman Alexander
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Tero View Post
Not much Trump
CNN
Trump: "Not much."

The President of the United States, faced with a still-raging virus that has sickened 8.2 million Americans and killed 221,000, says that there is "not much" that he would have done differently if he could do things all over.

https://amp.cnn.com/cnn/2020/10/21/p...ing/index.html

Because he was never wrong.
I thought he prevented eleventy-zillion deaths with his "not much" approach. Or was that something he said WAAAAAY in the past...like more than two days ago.
...our governments are just trying to protect us from terror. In the same way that someone banging a hornets’ nest with a stick is trying to protect us from hornets. Frankie Boyle, Guardian, July 2015
Norman Alexander is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st October 2020, 05:11 PM   #391
Armitage72
Illuminator

Remember the folders full of blank papers?

Armitage72 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st October 2020, 05:14 PM   #392
thaiboxerken
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Armitage72 View Post
To be fair, it is an accurate representation of the Republican health care plan to replace the ACA.
1. He'd never do that. 2. Okay but he's not currently doing it. 3. Okay but he's not currently technically doing it. 4. Okay but everyone does it. 5. He's doing it, we can't stop him, no point in complaining about it. 6. We all knew he was going to do it which... makes it okay somehow. 7. It's perfectly fine that's he's doing it.
thaiboxerken is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st October 2020, 05:21 PM   #393
Trebuchet
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by thaiboxerken View Post
To be fair, it is an accurate representation of the Republican health care plan to replace the ACA.
Hey, the plan will be out in two weeks!
Old 21st October 2020, 06:05 PM   #394
AnonyMoose
Muse

But Trump gets a pass because he's a republican a psychopathic monster with no morals or standards backed by a base of nihilistic trolls so it's not a sin when he does something horrible, but when an uppity Democrat hangs the toilet paper the wrong way "Oh that just proves they aren't as perfect as they think they are."

Pardon my pedantry, but... FTFY

Sometimes short, sweet, and straight to the point makes a better impact on your readers.
Old 21st October 2020, 06:08 PM   #395
Babbylonian
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Armitage72 View Post
Wow. I have to say that even I'm finding that characterization implausible despite the fact that my respect for any member of the Trump administration is at about Marianas Trench level.
Babbylonian is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st October 2020, 09:43 PM   #396
Ladewig
I lost an avatar bet.

Originally Posted by CORed View Post
I have no doubt that if (or maybe I should say when) Trump craps his pants in public, his supporters will consider it a masterful piece of political gamesmanship, that could only be pulled off by a true (stable) genius like Trump.
I’ll have you know that crapping ones pants is how one castles in 4-D chess.
Old 21st October 2020, 09:59 PM   #397
SezMe
post-pre-born

I've been following this. Apparently the person she was talking to had also already had COVID as Stahl has had. And IIRC so had the third person involved.
Trump had a threesome with Stahl. Wow! Is that on the tape Trump will show?
SezMe is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st October 2020, 10:01 PM   #398
The Great Zaganza
Maledictorian

Donald Trump Jr. tweeted

@DonaldJTrumpJr
Secret Service Travel Records Confirm Hunter Biden Trips In Emails
since when has Don jr. access to Secret Service records?
Looks like the FBI needs to investigate a serious security breach.
Old 21st October 2020, 10:02 PM   #399
SezMe
post-pre-born

Trump Retweeted

Jenn Pellegrino OAN Flag of United States
@JennPellegrino
Can’t wait to watch!
Quote Tweet

ERIC BOLLING
@ericbolling
Just concluded an hour-long TownHall with @realDonaldTrump at WhiteHouse.
The President took my questions & numerous questions from the audience on topics ranging from the upcoming debate, Fauci, Race, China and a lot on Hunter/Joe Biden. Plus a cameo from my friend @BrettFavre
Another *YUGE* Hatch Act violation.
SezMe is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st October 2020, 10:06 PM   #400
SezMe
post-pre-born

If the Dems were smart, they'd MAKE it a big story. Biden should get this in at their next debate.

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics