ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags donald trump , Trump administration , Trump controversies

Old 17th October 2020, 06:38 AM   #41
Mader Levap
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by RolandRat View Post
"Trump called Joe Biden, the head of an "organized crime family" with Hunter Biden following around his famous father to "vacuum" millions of dollars to enrich the family."

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/world...?ocid=msedgdhp

The guy has literally no shame and no sense of irony.
It is just projection, all over again.

Oh, and of course desperate flailing due to looming election where Trump is likely to lose.
Old 17th October 2020, 06:44 AM   #42
DevilsAdvocate
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Aridas View Post
Trump has now said that he might leave the country if Biden wins.
I do wonder what Trump will do when he loses. He probably can't run out Trump TV like he planned in 2016.

I don't think he can go back to real estate deals and get the same kick.

So...what does he do? Probably "write" some books. Hit the lecture circuit. Maybe promote his kids in their endeavors.

But he may fear prosecution. Maybe from Biden. I don't think Biden will go after him. But if bad things come up he may have to. And New York may go after him.

Will Trump flee to exile in Russia for protection? Maybe.

Last edited by DevilsAdvocate; 17th October 2020 at 06:56 AM.
DevilsAdvocate is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th October 2020, 06:49 AM   #43
Tero
Master Poster

in that same video
https://twitter.com/thehill/status/1317264060300230656

Trump is now spreading the disinformation that there is a Biden laptop

and even NBC copied the NY Post story items in such a manner that the "FBI has Hunter's computer" gets passed around. Thousands of seniors in Florida believe it now. Because they believe Biden is corrupt.

NBC story
https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/nat...reign-n1243620

Why is nobody getting the FBI to say there is no computer? All they will say is that they cannot comment on an ongoing investigation.

Wiener laptop all over again.
Tero is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th October 2020, 06:51 AM   #44
Tero
Master Poster

[quote=DevilsAdvocate;13260595][quote=Aridas;13260583]Trump has now said that he might leave the country if Biden wins.
Quote:

I do wonder what Trump will do when he loses. He probably can't run out Trump TV like he planned in 2016.

So...what does he do? Probably "write" some books. Hit the lecture circuit. Maybe promote his kids in their endeavors.

But he may fear prosecution. Maybe from Biden. I don't think Biden will go after him. But if bad things come up he may have to. And New York may go after him.

The Elvis thing: Las Vegas. The Trump presidential library and wax museum. Partner with Tussaud's.
Tero is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th October 2020, 07:06 AM   #45
DevilsAdvocate
Philosopher

The Elvis thing: Las Vegas. The Trump presidential library and wax museum. Partner with Tussaud's.
Now I have visions of a fat Trump in a white rhinestone and sequin suit in front of a washed up jazz band playing old standards while he tries to do karate kicks and mumbles about "Best President Ever" for 90 minutes and pushing "Art of the Deal" book sales as Sammy Davis tells Frank that this is not acceptable and Penn and Teller devise plans to make him disappear.

Last edited by DevilsAdvocate; 17th October 2020 at 07:08 AM.
DevilsAdvocate is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th October 2020, 07:10 AM   #46
Craig4
Penultimate Amazing

Anyways, to poke at a couple other things, it looks like Facebook's support for Republicans has been even more ingrained than one might expect -

Also, Trump has now said that he might leave the country if Biden wins. Not that that would be an unexpected move, of course.
I suspect that the Justice Department and New York Attorney General have other plans for him. You just know the SDNY is going for an indictment come January.
Old 17th October 2020, 07:38 AM   #47
jerrywayne
Graduate Poster

"When Trumpists say that "all politicians lie" and "Trump is no worse than Obama," and the news media is being "mean" and "unfair" to Donald Trump, how do you respond?"

"The New York Times tried to answer that question about Obama. Trump followers say that, "Why all the fuss about Donald Trump lying? Why don't you explain that Obama lied too?" The New York Times looked at the entire eight-year record of Obama's presidency and they found 12 false claims over eight years, none of which he repeated, all of which he then corrected when he found out that what he had said was not true. Trump can tell 12 falsehoods in 10 minutes. He does it all the time. There is no comparison between Trump and Obama. Some presidents lied a lot. Trump is in his own category. Trump lies about absolutely everything, and he gives his cabinet and his advisors permission in doing so to lie about everything as well."
https://www.alternet.org/2020/10/why...-hole-of-lies/
jerrywayne is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th October 2020, 07:59 AM   #48
Captain_Swoop
Penultimate Amazing

Trump Tweets

The least effective of our 53 Republican Senators, and a person who truly doesn’t have what it takes to be great, is Little Ben Sasse of Nebraska, a State which I have gladly done so much to help.
@SenSasse
was as nice as a RINO can be until he recently won the Republican....

...Nomination to run for a second term. Then he went back to his rather stupid and obnoxious ways. Must feel he can’t lose to a Dem. Little Ben is a liability to the Republican Party, and an embarrassment to the Great State of Nebraska. Other than that, he’s just a wonderful guy!
Captain_Swoop is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th October 2020, 08:34 AM   #49
alfaniner
Penultimate Amazing

I found it interesting that this thread does not have the "(Continuation)" blurb in front of it. Maybe because it might be the last one?
Old 17th October 2020, 08:38 AM   #50
Meridian
Thinker

Originally Posted by Captain_Swoop View Post
"Lock them up. You should lock them up. Look up the Bidens. Lock up Hillary."
This seems a little unwise! Presumably there is a significant chance that in not too long Biden is going to be facing the decision whether to pardon Trump or not for various things. Whether or not this would change his personal preference, it certainly helps make the case for not pardoning him.
Meridian is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th October 2020, 08:49 AM   #51
Tero
Master Poster

Originally Posted by DevilsAdvocate View Post
Now I have visions of a fat Trump in a white rhinestone and sequin suit in front of a washed up jazz band playing old standards while he tries to do karate kicks and mumbles about "Best President Ever" for 90 minutes and pushing "Art of the Deal" book sales as Sammy Davis tells Frank that this is not acceptable and Penn and Teller devise plans to make him disappear.
Pretty much. He'll have to pay a LOT to get Pen and Teller.
Old 17th October 2020, 08:50 AM   #52
Skeptic Ginger
Nasty Woman

Trump Retweeted

Rep. Matt Gaetz
@RepMattGaetz
Democrats and the media told us over and over again the Bidens were being falsely accused of improper behavior with Burisma and Ukraine.
They were wrong. There WAS corruption.
President @realDonaldTrump was right to ask about it.
The Bidens were lying.
There are some people in Congress who are so ignorant it's shocking that they managed to get elected. This guy is one of them.
Old 17th October 2020, 09:04 AM   #53
Skeptic Ginger
Nasty Woman

Originally Posted by Tero View Post
in that same video

and even NBC copied the NY Post story items in such a manner that the "FBI has Hunter's computer" gets passed around. Thousands of seniors in Florida believe it now. Because they believe Biden is corrupt.

NBC story

Why is nobody getting the FBI to say there is no computer? All they will say is that they cannot comment on an ongoing investigation.

No, just no. Maybe only because it involves "laptop" and "FBI". That's as far as the similarities go.

The FBI does, as a matter of principle, not say anything about this sort of thing. It was a group of Clinton haters in the NY Borough that Comey thought would leak the story and Comey's personal incompetence which led to Comey bringing out Wiener's laptop conferring the final blow upon Clinton's election.

This is a fly to be swatted off Pence's head.
Old 17th October 2020, 09:07 AM   #54
Skeptic Ginger
Nasty Woman

Originally Posted by Craig4 View Post
I suspect that the Justice Department and New York Attorney General have other plans for him. You just know the SDNY is going for an indictment come January.
Which is one reason he might actually be considering leaving the country.

But it's also just as likely he'll stick around continuing his denial he could possibly be prosecuted.
Old 17th October 2020, 09:35 AM   #55
Firestone
Proud Award Award recipient

Stupid hill I'm ready to die on: it's Anthony Weiner, not Wiener!
Old 17th October 2020, 09:47 AM   #56
Craig4
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Skeptic Ginger View Post
Which is one reason he might actually be considering leaving the country.

But it's also just as likely he'll stick around continuing his denial he could possibly be prosecuted.
I'm curious who would take him. A former president Trump is no longer useful. The kinds of people he got close to probably don't think they need the aggravation of hosting Trump when there's no upside for them.
Old 17th October 2020, 09:48 AM   #57
Captain_Swoop
Penultimate Amazing

Trump Tweets

Senator Little Ben Sasse of the Great State of Nebraska seems to be heading down the same inglorious path as former Senators Liddle’ Bob Corker, whose approval rating in Tennessee went from 55% to 4%, & Jeff “the Flake” Flake, whose approval rating in Arizona went from 56% to....

....practically nothing. Both Senators became totally unelectable, couldn’t come even close to winning their primaries, and decided to drop out of politics and gracefully “RETIRE”. @SenSasse could be next, or perhaps the Republicans should find a new and more viable candidate?
Captain_Swoop is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th October 2020, 09:50 AM   #58
Captain_Swoop
Penultimate Amazing

Why is Trump attacking his own Senators?
Old 17th October 2020, 09:53 AM   #59
Craig4
Penultimate Amazing

There are some people in Congress who are so ignorant it's shocking that they managed to get elected. This guy is one of them.
He represents one of the "Swamp People" districts in Florida.
Old 17th October 2020, 09:53 AM   #60
Allen773
Graduate Poster

Because he's a petty wannabe dictator?
Allen773 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th October 2020, 09:55 AM   #61
Craig4
Penultimate Amazing

Sass kind of went off on Trump in a phone call with supporters. As I'm sure was intended, a recording of the call made its way to CNN.
Old 17th October 2020, 10:10 AM   #62
Darat
Lackey
Administrator

Originally Posted by Beelzebuddy View Post
I wonder how much of the last four years could have been prevented had people been willing to speak out against Trump while they were still in a position to do a damn thing about it.
You can't expect Trump to turn presidential overnight, but any day now he will!
Old 17th October 2020, 10:15 AM   #63
The Great Zaganza
Maledictorian

Originally Posted by Craig4 View Post
Sass kind of went off on Trump in a phone call with supporters. As I'm sure was intended, a recording of the call made its way to CNN.
yeah, but it's still very much sawing off the branch he is sitting on for Trump.
Old 17th October 2020, 10:15 AM   #64
timhau
NWO Litter Technician

Location: Looks like Finland. Smells like Finland. Quacks like Finland. Where the hell am I?
Originally Posted by Firestone View Post
Stupid hill I'm ready to die on: it's Anthony Weiner, not Wiener!
Yes, it's an imperfect world.
Old 17th October 2020, 10:24 AM   #65
Darat
Lackey
Administrator

The senator has probably said something ever so slightly disparaging about Trump, something like "Trump is probably one of the best Presidents the USA has ever had".
Old 17th October 2020, 10:32 AM   #66
Horatius
NWO Kitty Wrangler

Originally Posted by The Great Zaganza View Post
yeah, but it's still very much sawing off the branch he is sitting on for Trump.

This is the moment when you really appreciate that old rule: "Never interrupt your enemy while they're making a mistake."

Let Trump slag this guy all he wants. Every vote Sasse loses makes it that much more likely the Democrat will win. That Trump is incapable of seeing this is just icing on the cake.
Old 17th October 2020, 11:58 AM   #67
ferd burfle
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by DevilsAdvocate View Post

If he loses, he sure as hell won't attend the inauguration.
Old 17th October 2020, 12:00 PM   #68
Safe-Keeper
Penultimate Amazing

Another example of Trump seemingly trying, deliberately, to sabotage his own election campaign. It's so bizarre.
"He's like a drunk being given a sobriety test by the police after being pulled over. Just as a drunk can't walk a straight line, Trump can't think in a straight line. He's all over the place."--Stacyhs
"If you are still hung up on that whole words-have-meaning thing, then 2020 is going to be a long year for you." --Ladewig
Safe-Keeper is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th October 2020, 12:03 PM   #69
Bob001
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Safe-Keeper View Post
Another example of Trump seemingly trying, deliberately, to sabotage his own election campaign. It's so bizarre.
I'm not so sure that he doesn't at least think he has tricks up his sleeve to guarantee a win. The whole Justice Department will serve him, and if he can get the election to be decided by the House or the Supreme Court, he wins.
Bob001 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th October 2020, 01:01 PM   #70
Captain_Swoop
Penultimate Amazing

Trump Retweeted

Fox News
@FoxNews
One person on an email thread allegedly involving Hunter Biden corroborates the veracity of the messages, which appear to outline a deal involving Joe Biden and a Chinese energy firm
Old 17th October 2020, 01:02 PM   #71
Captain_Swoop
Penultimate Amazing

Trump Retweeted
Donald Trump Jr.
@DonaldJTrumpJr
·
18h
The same media that set their hair on fire every time a bogus Russia story came out is now ignoring evidence that the Biden crime family has been in bed with the Chinese Communist Party for years.

Arthur Schwartz
@ArthurSchwartz
Joe is losing his cool. Sounds like the NY Post is right over the target.
Quote Tweet

Bo Erickson CBS
@BoKnowsNews
I asked Joe Biden: What is your response to the NYPost story about your son, sir?
He called it a “smear campaign” and then went after me. “I know you’d ask it. I have no response, it’s another smear campaign, right up your alley, those are the questions you always ask.”
Old 17th October 2020, 01:04 PM   #72
Captain_Swoop
Penultimate Amazing

Trump Tweets

Biden is a National Security threat!

100% True!
Quote Tweet

Philip Melanchthon Wegmann
@PhilipWegmann
Trump Campaign: “Joe Biden, a candidate for President of the United States, appears to be compromised by the Chinese.”
Old 17th October 2020, 01:09 PM   #73
Captain_Swoop
Penultimate Amazing

Trump Retweeted

Eric Trump
@EricTrump
The salary of a U.S. Senator is $174,000 per year. This is Joe Biden’s house.... seems legit

(photo of house in link)https://twitter.com/EricTrump/status...613122/photo/1
Old 17th October 2020, 01:20 PM   #74
Firestone
Proud Award Award recipient

Trump Retweeted

Eric Trump
@EricTrump
The salary of a U.S. Senator is $174,000 per year. This is Joe Biden’s house.... seems legit

(photo of house in link)https://twitter.com/EricTrump/status...613122/photo/1
They've got him!

Unless Biden releases his tax returns, he's done!

ETA: more seriously, reality check

Quote:
He bought this house in 1972, shortly after the death of his wife and daughter. It cost $185,000.

He sold it in 1996. For $1.2 million.

https://twitter.com/DelWilber/status...779379200?s=19
Snopes has a detailed article: https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/biden-mansion-tweet/

Last edited by Firestone; 17th October 2020 at 02:10 PM.
Firestone is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th October 2020, 01:57 PM   #75
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Tero View Post
in that same video

NBC story

They don't even say there is an investigation. FBI policy is to neither confirm nor deny that there is an investigation.
Stacyhs is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th October 2020, 02:01 PM   #76
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Meridian View Post
This seems a little unwise! Presumably there is a significant chance that in not too long Biden is going to be facing the decision whether to pardon Trump or not for various things. Whether or not this would change his personal preference, it certainly helps make the case for not pardoning him.
I think it would be wrong to pardon Trump. His actions have been so egregious that he needs to be made an example that presidents are not above the law. Saying that, my bet is on Biden not having to make that decision. I think, if Trump loses the election and doesn't somehow manipulate the SC into declaring him the winner, he'll resign at the eleventh hour and Pence will pardon him.
Stacyhs is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th October 2020, 02:03 PM   #77
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

Agreed. Meadows and Jordan are two more I'd like to see get booted.
Old 17th October 2020, 02:08 PM   #78
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by ferd burfle View Post
If he loses, he sure as hell won't attend the inauguration.
I've said this before. He is much too petty and classless. He'll use the pandemic as an excuse even though he's "immune".
Old 17th October 2020, 02:12 PM   #79
Delphic Oracle
Philosopher

At the Iowa Senate debate the other night, Joni Ernst couldn't name the break-even price for soybeans.

She sits on the Agriculture Committee.

Her bio heavily leans on her farming roots.

Did I mention this was in Iowa?
Delphic Oracle is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th October 2020, 02:21 PM   #80
Delphic Oracle
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Stacyhs View Post
I think it would be wrong to pardon Trump. His actions have been so egregious that he needs to be made an example that presidents are not above the law. Saying that, my bet is on Biden not having to make that decision. I think, if Trump loses the election and doesn't somehow manipulate the SC into declaring him the winner, he'll resign at the eleventh hour and Pence will pardon him.
Still doesn't shield him from the states.

He could spend 10 years wearing an ankle bracelet and constantly shuttling from home to a deposition, back home, change, off to a discovery hearing, stop for dinner, attend trial part 29, and finally back home.

Every day. Voice conference calls about boring legal strategy, a meeting about the implications of these 14 agencies who just filed amicus briefs.

Fun.

Also insanely expensive.

Last edited by Delphic Oracle; 17th October 2020 at 02:23 PM.
Delphic Oracle is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics