ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags protest incidents , protest issues , proud boys , Trump supporters

Old 16th November 2020, 08:52 AM   #121
johnny karate
... and your little dog too.

Originally Posted by SuburbanTurkey View Post
Despite committing numerous acts of vandalism, blocking streets, and committing assaults in plain view of the police, at no point was the assembly declared unlawful. The cops that spent the summer coating the streets in tear gas and letting the rubber bullets fly seem a bit more reticent when it's the right wing in their sights.

I wonder why.
Say what you will about police shootings and the violence that took place during some of the protests, but at least the BLM protests were about actual events that took place here in reality. At least they stood for something clearly definable.

Why exactly are these right wingers in the streets if not to provoke and instigate violence?
johnny karate is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th November 2020, 08:55 AM   #122
SuburbanTurkey
Philosopher

Originally Posted by johnny karate View Post
Say what you will about police shootings and the violence that took place during some of the protests, but at least the BLM protests were about actual events that took place here in reality. At least they stood for something clearly definable.

Why exactly are these right wingers in the streets if not to provoke and instigate violence?
They are there to advocate fascism. It's a pretty clearly articulated goal of most of these groups at this point. White nationalist pundit Nick Fuentes gave a speech to his groyper followers, and proud boys roved the streets looking for people to beat.

The plausible deniability of these events is long gone. These are open fascist street demonstrations intended to galvanize the right and intimidate their political enemies through violence enabled by a sympathetic police force.

Last edited by SuburbanTurkey; 16th November 2020 at 08:57 AM.
SuburbanTurkey is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th November 2020, 09:07 AM   #123
Dave Rogers
Bandaged ice that stampedes inexpensively through a scribbled morning waving necessary ankles

The plausible deniability of these events is long gone. These are open fascist street demonstrations intended to galvanize the right and intimidate their political enemies through violence enabled by a sympathetic police force.
If so, then so of course is the plausible deniability of Trump, who is openly encouraging them to do so.

Dave

- Myriad
Dave Rogers is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th November 2020, 12:55 PM   #124
autumn1971
Illuminator

Originally Posted by Regnad Kcin View Post
Why of course. They’ll be wearing camo!
I’m at work no time, but someone please link the appropriate xkcd
'A knave; a rascal; an eater of broken meats; a base, proud, shallow, beggardly, three-suited, hundred-pound, filthy, worsted-stocking knave; a lily-livered, action-taking knave, a whoreson, glass-gazing, superservicable, finical rogue;... the son and heir of a mongral bitch: one whom I will beat into clamorous whining, if thou deniest the least syllable of thy addition."'
-The Bard
autumn1971 is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th November 2020, 01:20 PM   #125
autumn1971
Illuminator

Originally Posted by Darat View Post
Yeah totally Biden's fault!
No, it’s Obama’s fault!

No, wait... It was Carter, that Muslim elitist!
'A knave; a rascal; an eater of broken meats; a base, proud, shallow, beggardly, three-suited, hundred-pound, filthy, worsted-stocking knave; a lily-livered, action-taking knave, a whoreson, glass-gazing, superservicable, finical rogue;... the son and heir of a mongral bitch: one whom I will beat into clamorous whining, if thou deniest the least syllable of thy addition."'
-The Bard
autumn1971 is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th November 2020, 01:49 AM   #126
a_unique_person
Director of Hatcheries and Conditioning

Originally Posted by The Don View Post
President Trump cut a pathetic figure excitedly, and expectantly, looking out of the window of his limousine at the hundreds of supporters.

A real strong man would have sped past, taking the crowd's adulation for granted, he wouldn't have his nose pressed against the window like a child peering into a sweet shop.
He was counting up to a million.
a_unique_person is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th November 2020, 01:55 AM   #127
Mojo
Mostly harmless

Originally Posted by a_unique_person View Post
He was counting up to a million.

50,000 people had to take their shoes and socks off.

"The poor mystic homeopaths feel like petted house-cats thrown at high flood on the breaking ice." - Leon Trotsky
Mojo is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th November 2020, 01:59 AM   #128
Dave Rogers
Bandaged ice that stampedes inexpensively through a scribbled morning waving necessary ankles

Originally Posted by Mojo View Post
50,000 people had to take their shoes and socks off.
I think you mean 500.

Dave

- Myriad
Dave Rogers is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th November 2020, 11:18 AM   #129
I Am The Scum
Illuminator

Originally Posted by Regnad Kcin View Post
Why of course. They’ll be wearing camo!
Weird coincidence, but this post actually references funniest content that Scott Adams has ever produced. I am not exaggerating.
I Am The Scum is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th November 2020, 11:20 AM   #130
SuburbanTurkey
Philosopher

Originally Posted by I Am The Scum View Post
Weird coincidence, but this post actually references funniest content that Scott Adams has ever produced. I am not exaggerating.
Lol 3-5 million people.

DC has a population of around 700,000. 3-5 million people in the streets would have completely clogged the city with bodies.

Gotta pay top dollar for the CHUD camo that makes you completely invisible
Old 17th November 2020, 12:04 PM   #131
timhau
NWO Litter Technician

Location: Looks like Finland. Smells like Finland. Quacks like Finland. Where the hell am I?
Apologies, that was from recollection. There is another video I had seen that runs a bit longer, from a different angle that shows the guy getting kicked after going down.

He gets kicked a couple times, but none to the head, and seems a pretty restrained response by the crowd to his aggression.

It ends with what looks like a couple of counter protestor types hauling him off the street to recover.

https://twitter.com/FromKalen/status...54319437946882
I like fascists who don't get their asses kicked.
Old 17th November 2020, 12:14 PM   #132
Dr. Keith
Not a doctor.

Originally Posted by Garrison View Post
So Trump is supposed to be in this desperate fight to unmask the fraud that is robbing him of the Presidency, but he's got time to spend the afternoon on the golf course?
All the best investigators are out there. Been like that for years. Don't you remember, that's where OJ went to look for the real killer.

ETA: First noted by acbytesla some time ago. Read then post. Read then post.

If I had a pet panda I would name it Snowflake.

Last edited by Dr. Keith; 17th November 2020 at 12:23 PM.
Dr. Keith is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th November 2020, 02:23 PM   #133
Mumbles
Philosopher

Lol 3-5 million people.

DC has a population of around 700,000. 3-5 million people in the streets would have completely clogged the city with bodies.

Gotta pay top dollar for the CHUD camo that makes you completely invisible
Yeah, The Women's March (which had the sense to move away from Farrakhan's "Million Man March" back in 1995 - what is it with white supremacists trying to imitate black people in particular?) and Obama's weren't even that size, and those had everything from Bmore through northern Virginia booked, spare bedrooms and sofas slept on, all transit systems swamped, and so on. This was...less than that.
Mumbles is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th November 2020, 04:29 AM   #134
dann
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Mumbles View Post
This was...less than that.

And in spite of the many counter protestors.
"Stupidity renders itself invisible by assuming very large proportions. Completely unreasonable claims are irrefutable. Ni-en-leh pointed out that a philosopher might get into trouble by claiming that two times two makes five, but he does not risk much by claiming that two times two makes shoe polish." B. Brecht
"The abolition of religion as the illusory happiness of the people is required for their real happiness. The demand to give up the illusion about its condition is the demand to give up a condition which needs illusions." K. Marx
dann is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Yesterday, 10:04 AM   #135
RolandRat
Muse

Originally Posted by Darat View Post
One suspects they go: "One, Two, Lots"
YouTube Video This video is not hosted by the ISF. The ISF can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website.
I AGREE
RolandRat is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics