ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags general discussion , holocaust , holocaust denial , World War II history

Old Today, 09:44 AM   #3321
LemmyCaution
Master Poster

Originally Posted by Saggy View Post
I googled to find: "all Jews where cruely killed by the Lithuanian population at the marketplace and buried in Naryshkin Park". Nobody told them about the excavation.

Perhaps Muelenkamp should let them know .
Saggy, that's from a memorial page and also used by Wikipedia. Not acceptable sources. Are you unable to answer the simple, direct questions I put to you? Your continued resort to ad hominem attacks is noted. Roberto Muehlenkamp has nothing to do with this discussion, your bringing him into it shows your obsession and desperation. Please reply to what I asked you and stop clowning around. Thanks, LC

Last edited by LemmyCaution; Today at 09:46 AM.
LemmyCaution is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Today, 01:01 PM   #3322
smartcooky
Philosopher

Originally Posted by LemmyCaution View Post
Explain to us what you think is wrong with these reports - other than that they have evidence you don't like - and tell us too about your own investigative work into events in Žagare and "Ilokiai."
Investigative work? Saggy? Bwhahahaha!!! Saggy's "investigative work" consists entirely of typing a few key words into Google (because everyone knows that "There is no sense trying to refute something that cannot even be googled"). Then he selectively cherry picks only that which can be twisted or manipulated to support his case. If there are no usable results then, in typial denier style, he just makes stuff up and posts it as an unsupported assertion, without a link, a source or any supporting evidence.

There is an increasing number of new age conspiracy theorists and deniers who have no idea that researching a subject can often mean getting their arse out of their computer chair, getting out of Mummy and Daddy's corner basement, going to a library, finding the reference book they need, pulling it off the shelf actually reading it. They might even find that the book they want isn't in the library, and they have to have it ordered in from another library, and shock-horror, they will actually have to wait for it!!!

There is no sense trying to refute something that cannot even be googled.
smartcooky is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Today, 01:15 PM   #3323
LemmyCaution
Master Poster

Let me get this straight. So . . . what you're saying . . . I can hardly believe this . . . is that Saggy hasn't researched Žagare and Ilokiai at all? But that he popped off about them anyway? Wow, I did not see that coming . . .
Old Today, 07:26 PM   #3324
Hans
Philosopher

Originally Posted by LemmyCaution View Post
Let me get this straight. So . . . what you're saying . . . I can hardly believe this . . . is that Saggy hasn't researched Žagare and Ilokiai at all? But that he popped off about them anyway? Wow, I did not see that coming . . .
Yes, I cannot believe it either, a person denying the holocaust but not knowing anything about the subject. I"VE never heard of that before
Hans is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Today, 10:35 PM   #3325
LemmyCaution
Master Poster

Saggy, again, googling "Zagare" and posting material I'm familiar with is not a reply to what I asked you. To remind you, you weighed in on the reports on mass graves in Žagare. So I asked you, to begin discussion:

- what's wrong with the reports
- what your own investigative work into events in Žagare says, because surely no one would dismiss these war-time reports without having investigated Žagare, right?
- especially how you explain EMs and other German reports which mention "the wholesale execution of the Zagare Jews," as one report put it, as well as the "mutiny [of Jews which] took place" there, according to a different German report
- if you insist that the documents are not legitimate, how and when they were created

Please, don't derail the discussion with further random googling or ad hominem attacks on individuals - but answer what you've been asked. (Hint: "I don't have a clue" is an acceptable, and almost certainly a fitting, reply.)

Last edited by LemmyCaution; Today at 10:41 PM.
LemmyCaution is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories