IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags 2016 elections , donald trump , presidential candidates , racism charges , Trump supporters

Old 24th September 2016, 09:57 PM   #401
Foolmewunz
Grammar Resistance Leader
TLA Dictator

Originally Posted by thaiboxerken View Post
To be fair, she isn't a typical Trump supporter. She was a leader of Trump supporters.
Ah, nostalgia. Remember the good old days (last year) when the conservative forumites hand-waved all the crazy miscreants as being crazy miscreants and a minority position within the party? I guess it's harder to do that when the formerly dismissed lunatic fringe is running the show. The sad thing is that the supposed "thinking conservatives", rather than abandoning the Party of Hate, have just lowered their expectations so they can keep on keeping on and supporting even the most disgusting (and orangest) of candidates.

It's not that liberals have become less tolerant. It's that conservatives have become more intolerable.
Foolmewunz is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th September 2016, 01:26 PM   #402
Stacko
Penultimate Amazing

Stacko is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th September 2016, 07:12 PM   #403
slyjoe
Master Poster

AZ Republic receives death trheats after endorsing Hilary

The AZ Republic newspaper received death threats after endorsing Hillary. I don't think those threats came from Hillary supporters, do you?

These are the types of people supporting Trump.

http://www.12news.com/news/local/ari...nton/327443263
"You have done nothing to demonstrate an understanding of scientific methodology or modern skepticism, both of which are, by necessity, driven by the facts and evidence, not by preconceptions, and both of which are strengthened by, and rely upon, change." - Arkan Wolfshade
slyjoe is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd October 2016, 02:21 AM   #404
Captain_Swoop
Penultimate Amazing

Long but very good piece.

‘Finally. Someone who thinks like me.’

In the age of Trump and online conspiracy theories, one woman’s journey to belief.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/natio...html?tid=sm_tw
Captain_Swoop is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd October 2016, 02:49 AM   #405
Foolmewunz
Grammar Resistance Leader
TLA Dictator

Originally Posted by Captain_Swoop View Post

In the age of Trump and online conspiracy theories, one woman’s journey to belief.

Before I get to my plug for fairness can I just say, HOLY CRAP! That's recommended reading!

Fairness: Before the conservative deniers get here and rekindle their golden oldie "She's not typical but an outlier, a loon" may I say that I'm pretty sure she's not typical. I'd also like to know if the reporter decided to profile her months ago or if all the flashbacks are stuff from Melanie or from others.

Still....

HOLY CRAP!

It's not that liberals have become less tolerant. It's that conservatives have become more intolerable.
Foolmewunz is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd October 2016, 03:55 AM   #406
Darat
Lackey
Administrator

I feel immense sorrow for her suffering, she is in a living hell, being tortured all her waking moments.
Old 2nd October 2016, 08:30 AM   #407
Trebuchet
Penultimate Amazing

In addition to Trump and Alex Jones, she's apparently listening to Matt Marriott as well. Who is totally not a member here.

That story makes me very sad. She's been screwed by the system and now fallen for a con man.
Old 2nd October 2016, 04:26 PM   #408
Puppycow
Penultimate Amazing

http://www.thedailybeast.com/article...ng-school.html

White kid shows up at BLM rally wearing gorilla mask and trying to hand out bananas tied in a noose. Of course he also turns out to be a big Trump supporter on social media.
Old 2nd October 2016, 05:33 PM   #409
CapelDodger
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Puppycow View Post
http://www.thedailybeast.com/article...ng-school.html

White kid shows up at BLM rally wearing gorilla mask and trying to hand out bananas tied in a noose. Of course he also turns out to be a big Trump supporter on social media.
Quote:
'The cop who’d initially removed Rettke later returned. “No matter what anyone’s opinion is, that’s beyond opinion,” the officer told Grimes. “That’s ********, and we’re not going to tolerate it.” '
Boo-yah!

God can make a cow out of a tree, but has He ever done so? Therefore show some reason why a thing is so, or cease to hold that it is so - William of Conches, c1150
CapelDodger is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd October 2016, 05:34 PM   #410
CapelDodger
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Darat View Post
I feel immense sorrow for her suffering, she is in a living hell, being tortured all her waking moments.
Whereas that should be Trump's fate.

God can make a cow out of a tree, but has He ever done so? Therefore show some reason why a thing is so, or cease to hold that it is so - William of Conches, c1150
CapelDodger is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd October 2016, 05:40 PM   #411
sunmaster14
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by CapelDodger View Post
Boo-yah!
Wut? How can that be beyond opinion? It may be a stupid and offensive opinion, but it's still opinion. It's also clearly Constitutionally protected free speech. How can they charge the guy with a felony for that when it's perfectly legal for Ku Klux Klan members to have public marches?
sunmaster14 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd October 2016, 06:02 PM   #412
CapelDodger
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by sunmaster14 View Post
Wut? How can that be beyond opinion? It may be a stupid and offensive opinion, but it's still opinion. It's also clearly Constitutionally protected free speech. How can they charge the guy with a felony for that when it's perfectly legal for Ku Klux Klan members to have public marches?
Ask a lawyer. It was ******** and I wouldn't tolerate it either.

Old 2nd October 2016, 06:22 PM   #413
slyjoe
Master Poster

Civil Rights Intimidation - Class D Felony, according to the article.

The mask part comes in as a Class A Misdemeanor.
"You have done nothing to demonstrate an understanding of scientific methodology or modern skepticism, both of which are, by necessity, driven by the facts and evidence, not by preconceptions, and both of which are strengthened by, and rely upon, change." - Arkan Wolfshade
slyjoe is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd October 2016, 06:45 PM   #414
Fast Eddie B
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Captain_Swoop View Post

That was quite a ride.
Fast Eddie B is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd October 2016, 06:50 PM   #415
slyjoe
Master Poster

Typical Trump supporters are stupid when it comes to the validity of elections.

Quote:
Half the people who have a favorable opinion of the Republican nominee say they have little to no confidence in the integrity of the vote count, the poll finds.

"Trump has finally said something that that I've been thinking for years," said Jonathan Robinson, 30, a Trump supporter from Columbia, Missouri. "I don't think the votes have been counted properly for years. There's voter fraud and attempts to game the system. I don't trust it at all."

Such fears of voter fraud are unfounded. There is no evidence it is a widespread problem in the United States. A study by a Loyola Law School professor found that out of 1 billion votes cast in all American elections between 2000 and 2014, there were only 31 known cases of impersonation fraud.
http://www.newsmax.com/politics/us-a.../02/id/751283/
Old 7th October 2016, 04:21 PM   #416
Frank Newgent
Philosopher

regarding the OP... one possible origin:

YouTube Video This video is not hosted by the ISF. The ISF can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website.
I AGREE
Old 7th October 2016, 04:32 PM   #417
dudalb
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Fast Eddie B View Post
That was quite a ride.
What is interesting is that if she showed up on a Trump Town Hall meeting and started in on her more extreme opinions, she would be shown the door. The Trump campaign will accept her vote, but don't want her to be identified with her.

Robert Heinlein.
dudalb is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th October 2016, 03:38 AM   #418
catsmate
No longer the 1

Originally Posted by slyjoe View Post
Civil Rights Intimidation - Class D Felony, according to the article.

The mask part comes in as a Class A Misdemeanor.
He's lucky he wasn't dressed as a clown...
As human right is always something given, it always in reality reduces to the right which men give, "concede," to each other. If the right to existence is conceded to new-born children, then they have the right; if it is not conceded to them, as was the case among the Spartans and ancient Romans, then they do not have it. For only society can give or concede it to them; they themselves cannot take it, or give it to themselves.
catsmate is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th October 2016, 04:58 AM   #419
PartSkeptic
Illuminator

Typical Trump supporters are stupid when it comes to the validity of elections.

What a clever and astute observation. You must be a typical Democratic Party supporter.

(I only just saw this thread. Some else may have beaten on me on this comment.)

Last edited by PartSkeptic; 8th October 2016 at 04:59 AM.
PartSkeptic is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th October 2016, 03:09 PM   #420
Stacko
Penultimate Amazing

Trump backers tweet #repealthe19th after polls show he'd win if only men voted
Stacko is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th October 2016, 04:06 PM   #421
Stacko
Penultimate Amazing

Supporters of the Orange Menace Plotted Terror Attack On Muslim Immigrants.
Old 14th October 2016, 04:10 PM   #422
slyjoe
Master Poster

Originally Posted by Stacko View Post
I didn't see anything that described them as Trump supporters??
Old 14th October 2016, 04:13 PM   #423
Stacko
Penultimate Amazing

I didn't see anything that described them as Trump supporters??
It's in the embedded tweets.
Old 14th October 2016, 04:19 PM   #424
slyjoe
Master Poster

OK - thanks - didn't see those.
Old 19th October 2016, 02:57 AM   #425
catsmate
No longer the 1

Maybe Trump supporters are not entirely racist scum or blinded by partisan loyalties.
Reporting in From Trump Country

Quote:
But they are voting for Trump! And he’s awful! Yes, he is; as I’ve noted before, he’s manifestly the worst major party presidential candidate in living memory. He’s also up against the second-least popular presidential candidate ever (after Trump himself), whom the GOP and their allies have spent decades denigrating, who even her supporters must realistically acknowledge is not overbrimming with public-facing charm, who has a raft of policy and social ideas that don’t play expansively well in a county that hasn’t sent a Democrat to Washington as its representative since the Great Depression.

This isn’t to excuse Trump or the GOP. I wish my neighbors had both a better presidential candidate to support and a better party to field that candidate, one that (in my opinion) better represented the area’s generally conservative but essentially pragmatic nature. I think Darke county is the sort of place that the GOP has been gulling for years, relying on its appeal to the area’s social conservatism to push through policies that don’t help the locals at all. There aren’t a whole lot of one percenters around here to benefit from the fiscal and economic policies the GOP (and Trump) want to promote, and particularly in the case of Trump, the people here, reliant on farming and manufacturing, have a lot to lose.
As human right is always something given, it always in reality reduces to the right which men give, "concede," to each other. If the right to existence is conceded to new-born children, then they have the right; if it is not conceded to them, as was the case among the Spartans and ancient Romans, then they do not have it. For only society can give or concede it to them; they themselves cannot take it, or give it to themselves.
catsmate is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th October 2016, 09:08 AM   #426
Belz...
Fiend God

Wow, men really vote stupidly.

"My views are nonsense. So what?" - BobTheCoward

Belz... is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th October 2016, 10:11 AM   #427
ponderingturtle
Orthogonal Vector

Originally Posted by Argumemnon View Post
Wow, men really vote stupidly.
They just want to know that the president is someone they can drink beer and talk about their sexual assaults on women with.
ponderingturtle is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics