IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags Trump supporters

Old 7th December 2019, 06:47 PM   #41
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by cullennz View Post
Well then maybe the person posting the stupid seconds long twitter video on repeat should have posted the whole interview with them, rather than just the stupid question?
Agreed. The entire interview was more interesting. Here it is:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wsTYso3hmEA

Quote:
We don't even know if the women knew about Trump's quote on it.
No, we don't. But not to have known about it around the time it happened would have been nigh on impossible unless one had no TV, newspaper, or internet. It was played/reported on everywhere as it was such an outrageous thing to say.
Stacyhs is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th December 2019, 06:49 PM   #42
cullennz
Suspended

Originally Posted by Stacyhs View Post
Agreed. The entire interview was more interesting. Here it is:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wsTYso3hmEA

Cheers!

cullennz is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th December 2019, 06:50 PM   #43
cullennz
Suspended

BTW

I didn't know about it and every thread tends to turn into Trump on here.
cullennz is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th December 2019, 06:55 PM   #44
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

There is also something about him that induces a cult like, almost irrational hatred of him, which is even larger.

Which while semi relate-able as he is an utter misogynistic, bigoted, thick ********, it can be quite funny to watch the hand wringing with the slightest thing he says or does.

Especially when I think he will get back in again.
I plead guilty; I detest him unlike any other politician in my 6 decades. It's not an unknown 'something' which creates the intense feelings against him. It was during the primaries when I watched him reveal what a pig he is that I grew to dislike him intensely. His behavior repulsed me but that same behavior, sadly, attracted others.

Until he came down that escalator in 2015, I knew very little about him other than he was a rich NY real estate developer and had been married a few times. I didn't even know who Melania was.
Stacyhs is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th December 2019, 06:58 PM   #45
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

BTW

I didn't know about it and every thread tends to turn into Trump on here.
That's because you live in New Zealand. If you'd been here, you would have known about it. It happened just under 4 years ago. Here it is for you:

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/vi...ny_voters.html
Old 7th December 2019, 07:13 PM   #46
cullennz
Suspended

That's because you live in New Zealand. If you'd been here, you would have known about it. It happened just under 4 years ago. Here it is for you:

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/vi...ny_voters.html
True

And to be fair I have the luxury of pretty much the most detachment you can have to the dude and just observation.

Thinking about it, if we had a PM like him I would probably be the same.
Old 7th December 2019, 07:16 PM   #47
angrysoba
Philosophile

Originally Posted by Craig4 View Post
You can't worry about their kind. They aren't like us. They aren't real Americans. Focus on the people you can bring back to America's side. The **** in your video will always be one of Trump's whores . That stupid **** deserves what she gets.
This is no Rorschach question. This same woman was asked immediately before the "shoot someone" question "Is there anything he could do or anything that could happen that would make you not vote for him?" Her answer: No. She did not qualify it with an "It depends on why he did it." It was a flat out 'no'. She was demonstrating exactly what Trump was pointing out: it doesn't matter what he does, his base is loyal to him. It has nothing to do with shooting someone. He could have said anything and she would have found some way to justify her support of him.
What would persuade you to vote for Donald Trump?
"The thief and the murderer follow nature just as much as the philanthropist. Cosmic evolution may teach us how the good and the evil tendencies of man may have come about; but, in itself, it is incompetent to furnish any better reason why what we call good is preferable to what we call evil than we had before."

"Evolution and Ethics" T.H. Huxley (1893)
angrysoba is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th December 2019, 07:29 PM   #48
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by angrysoba View Post
What would persuade you to vote for Donald Trump?
I considered it several years back when he first mentioned it. This was before I knew much about him other than he was a successful businessman (I didn't know about the bankruptcies). Like many, I wondered if we needed a businessman who wasn't a politician.

What would persuade me to vote for him now? Nothing. I know too much about him and have seen what his presidency is like. He'd have to transform into a completely different person, morally and politically, for me to vote for him. We know that isn't going to happen.
Old 7th December 2019, 08:55 PM   #49
Cabbage
Banned

There is also something about him that induces a cult like, almost irrational hatred of him, which is even larger.
"Almost irrational"? No. It's a completely rational response.
Cabbage is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th December 2019, 09:18 PM   #50
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Cabbage View Post
"Almost irrational"? No. It's a completely rational response.
Agreed. My intense dislike for him is based on his actions and behaviors which I find repulsive.
Old 7th December 2019, 09:21 PM   #51
cullennz
Suspended

"Almost irrational"?
Fair call

Should have gone with just irrational
Old 7th December 2019, 11:57 PM   #52
Cabbage
Banned

Fair call

Should have gone with just irrational

And make it even more wrong?

Hey man, if being as inaccurate as possible is your thing you might as well go for the gold amirite? LOL!
Cabbage is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th December 2019, 01:14 AM   #53
cullennz
Suspended

And make it even more wrong?

Hey man, if being as inaccurate as possible is your thing you might as well go for the gold amirite? LOL!
Trump is a person and not a Dalek or a Borg.

You might want to remember this.

And while at it, maybe try to keep to the rule you don't bring his kids into it, who have nothing to do with it....Apart from the hot blond older one
Old 8th December 2019, 01:29 AM   #54
The Great Zaganza
Maledictorian

If Trump was walking down 5th avenue and saw someone shooting little kids, ran in front of them and acted as a human shield, was shot 10 times before the gunman was subdued, and miraculously survived only after the hospital forced him to stop personally ferrying the injured little kids by hand to the hospital....

Would you vote for him?
geez - of course not.
A man riddled with bullets is hardly fit to run the country from a purely medical point of view.
The Great Zaganza is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th December 2019, 01:40 AM   #55
a_unique_person
Director of Hatcheries and Conditioning

Originally Posted by The Great Zaganza View Post
geez - of course not.
A man riddled with bullets is hardly fit to run the country from a purely medical point of view.
I like my heroes not full of bullet holes.
a_unique_person is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th December 2019, 01:54 AM   #56
Cabbage
Banned

You might want to remember this.

I do remember this. You might want to remember that some people are such scum they deserve the hatred they receive.

Quote:
And while at it, maybe try to keep to the rule you don't bring his kids into it, who have nothing to do with it....Apart from the hot blond older one

What the hell are you even talking about??? Between the two of us you are the only one bringing up kids.
Old 8th December 2019, 02:37 AM   #57
The Great Zaganza
Maledictorian

Originally Posted by a_unique_person View Post
I like my heroes not full of bullet holes.
I don't want the President to be a Hero either.
The Great Zaganza is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th December 2019, 03:23 AM   #58
cullennz
Suspended

Originally Posted by The Great Zaganza View Post
geez - of course not.
A man who just shot someone for no reason would obviously go to prison and not be running for Prez

Unless the the Dems were so **** they let him get off killing someone in cold blood, yet still run for prez.

Why would they do this?
Old 8th December 2019, 03:26 AM   #59
cullennz
Suspended

I do remember this. You might want to remember that some people are such scum they deserve the hatred they receive.

What the hell are you even talking about??? Between the two of us you are the only one bringing up kids.
The crap about duke or baron or what ever the kids name is
Old 8th December 2019, 03:38 AM   #60
Cabbage
Banned

The crap about duke or baron or what ever the kids name is

I know, it wasn't me, so don't go preaching at me like it was me. Could you at least try to stay on topic?
Old 8th December 2019, 03:42 AM   #61
The Great Zaganza
Maledictorian

A man who just shot someone for no reason would obviously go to prison and not be running for Prez

Unless the the Dems were so **** they let him get off killing someone in cold blood, yet still run for prez.

Why would they do this?
According to the Trump WH, investigators wouldn't be allowed to investigate whether the Prez killed in cold blood and defiled the corpse or heroically saved the entire US from a Terrorist in pure self-defense.
They would have to take his word for it.
Old 8th December 2019, 04:09 AM   #62
Porpoise of Life
Illuminator

I wouldn't exactly call Eric hot, but to each their own...
Porpoise of Life is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th December 2019, 04:19 AM   #63
ChristianProgressive
Master Poster

Which while semi relate-able as he is an utter misogynistic, bigoted, thick ********, it can be quite funny to watch the hand wringing with the slightest thing he says or does.

Especially when I think he will get back in again.
Then expect blood in the streets. America will not survive another term of Traitor Trump's regime in any recognizable form.

It is not irrational in any way to hate this evil tyrant or his enablers.
"As it was in the days of Noah, so will it be at the coming of the Son of Man." - Matthew 24:37

"And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh." - Luke 21:28
ChristianProgressive is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th December 2019, 02:25 PM   #64
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

And to hear him tell it, he's not only just a person, but a 'very stable genius' person who knows more about how to fight a war than the generals, has one of the greatest memories in history, and has accomplished more than any other president in the history of the US. He's not just a person; he's SuperPerson!

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics