IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags 2016 elections , donald trump , presidential candidates , racism charges , Trump supporters

Old 20th August 2015, 07:13 AM   #1
NoahFence
Banned

Typical Trump Supporters

http://www.boston.com/news/local/201..._1_hp#comments

These are the cream of the crop in Trump / Conservatard land. Enjoy.
NoahFence is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th August 2015, 07:18 AM   #2
Ladewig
I lost an avatar bet.

From link:

Quote:
Police say two brothers from South Boston beat a homeless man because he was Hispanic—and The Boston Globe reports one of the men said he was partially inspired by Donald Trump.
As for your headline, I am doubtful that these are typical Trump supporters. If you have evidence of your assertion please post it.

Last edited by Ladewig; 20th August 2015 at 07:19 AM.
Ladewig is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th August 2015, 07:26 AM   #3
NoahFence
Banned

Originally Posted by Ladewig View Post
From link:

As for your headline, I am doubtful that these are typical Trump supporters. If you have evidence of your assertion please post it.
See post #1
NoahFence is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th August 2015, 07:36 AM   #4
Ladewig
I lost an avatar bet.

Originally Posted by NoahFence View Post
See post #1
Two violent pinheads attack a defenseless person and announce that they support Donald Trump.

Where is the evidence that they are typical Trump supporters?
Old 20th August 2015, 07:49 AM   #5
NoahFence
Banned

Two violent pinheads attack a defenseless person and announce that they support Donald Trump.

Where is the evidence that they are typical Trump supporters?
Maybe you haven't been paying attention to the vile nature of these creatures as of late?
Old 20th August 2015, 07:51 AM   #6
DavidJames
Penultimate Amazing

I would suggest a question mark at the end of the title.
For 15 years I never put anyone on ignore. I felt it important to see everyone's view point. Finally I realized the value of some views can be measured in negative terms and were personally destructive.
DavidJames is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th August 2015, 08:00 AM   #7
The Big Dog

Maybe you haven't been paying attention to the vile nature of these creatures as of late?
Red Sox fans from South Boston? as of late?
The Big Dog is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th August 2015, 08:05 AM   #8
NoahFence
Banned

The elephant in the room, as you very astute readers are fully aware, is that Trump is pandering to xenophobic idiots.

Whip them up enough and you get this. Ignore it all you want - after all, ignorance is your calling card if you're conservative - but it's still the truth.
Old 20th August 2015, 08:25 AM   #9
Blaster
Critical Thinker

A fine sample. I'm sure similar examples of racial violence against Hispanics will increase, what, ten fold?
Blaster is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th August 2015, 08:48 AM   #10
NoahFence
Banned

One fold is too many.
Old 20th August 2015, 08:49 AM   #11
Crossbow
Seeking Honesty and Sanity

The elephant in the room, as you very astute readers are fully aware, is that Trump is pandering to xenophobic idiots.

Whip them up enough and you get this. Ignore it all you want - after all, ignorance is your calling card if you're conservative - but it's still the truth.
I have to agree with 'NoahFence' on this point.

After all, in the last several years a rather sizeable segment of the GOP has developed which is really crazy.

Sarah Palin had her 'death panels',
Obama was born in Kenya,
Michelle Bachman ('nuff said there),
and then there was the McCain rally where many in the audience were chanting "Kill Him!" when McCain mentioned Obama (and McCain did nothing in response).

And it sure looks like Trump is playing to this same segment.

On 15 FEB 2019 'BobTheCoward' said: "I constantly assert I am a fool."

A man's best friend is his dogma.
Crossbow is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th August 2015, 09:05 AM   #12
Meed
boy named crow

http://www.boston.com/news/local/201..._1_hp#comments

These are the cream of the crop in Trump / Conservatard land. Enjoy.
Thank you, Peter May.
Meed is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th August 2015, 09:15 AM   #13
seayakin
Graduate Poster

I hate to say it because I live in the Boston area but this may be more representative of South Boston and a select group of Red Sox fans.
Old 20th August 2015, 09:24 AM   #14
sunmaster14
Penultimate Amazing

Quote:
The Leader brothers continued to urinate, bang on doors, and make anti-immigration statements in their cell after having been arrested. They pleaded not guilty to multiple charges in Dorchester District Court on Wednesday.
They must have big bladders.
sunmaster14 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th August 2015, 09:54 AM   #15
Trebuchet
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by sunmaster14 View Post
With a good deal of beer in them, I'd guess.
Old 20th August 2015, 10:20 AM   #16
kajata
Illuminator

I told y'all those Leader boys were good-for-nothings.
kajata is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th August 2015, 11:00 AM   #17
Ladewig
I lost an avatar bet.

I am not a conservative, even a casual reading of my ISF post will provide evidence of that.

I am not ignoring that Trump is pandering to different groups including the clueless and the xenophobic.

I am taking issue with the idea that violence is a trait of the typical Trump supporter. If you can provide evidence that these two violent criminals are representative of the millions of people who now claim support of Trump, then present it. Simply provide links to other stories in which Trump supporters attacked people that they believed to be foreign born.
Old 20th August 2015, 11:21 AM   #18
NoahFence
Banned

Quote:
I am taking issue with the idea that violence is a trait of the typical Trump supporter. If you can provide evidence that these two violent criminals are representative of the millions of people who now claim support of Trump, then present it. Simply provide links to other stories in which Trump supporters attacked people that they believed to be foreign born.
Hate is the trait of the typical Trump supporter. Xenophobic hate. Violence is merely one way that trait manifests itself.

Trump and his ilk rile up the base. This is simply one result.
Old 20th August 2015, 11:26 AM   #19
Ladewig
I lost an avatar bet.

Hate is the trait of the typical Trump supporter. Xenophobic hate. Violence is merely one way that trait manifests itself.

Trump and his ilk rile up the base. This is simply one result.
So you are sticking with the claim that it is appropriate to describe violent criminals as typical Trump supporters. These men are not outliers. They and their violence are representative of the majority of Trump supporters.

Last edited by Ladewig; 20th August 2015 at 11:28 AM.
Ladewig is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th August 2015, 11:29 AM   #20
NoahFence
Banned

So you are sticking with the claim that it is appropriate to describe violent criminals as typical Trump supporters. These men are not outliers. They and their violence are representative of the majority of Trump supporters.
Correct.
Old 20th August 2015, 12:01 PM   #21
Meed
boy named crow

The left has got its own Elfgrinders.
Meed is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th August 2015, 12:23 PM   #22
carlvs
Critical Thinker

What I am surprised is that no one has yet commented on Trump's initial comments on this matter:

Quote:
"Told of the attack, which also left the man soaked in urine, Mr. Trump said at a news conference late Wednesday that it was the first he had heard of it.

"'It would be a shame,' Mr. Trump said, before adding: 'I will say that people who are following me are very passionate. They love this country and they want this country to be great again. They are passionate.'"
carlvs is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th August 2015, 12:40 PM   #23
NoahFence
Banned

They love this country to the tune of urinating on homeless Hispanics.

As I said - Typical Trump supporters. Not my words - HIS words.
Old 20th August 2015, 12:46 PM   #24
Hercules Rockefeller
Woof!

I was just wondering. I've been to the USA three times and all the people I met there we're completely normal (except for in Hollywood, maybe). Do you need special glasses to identify Trump supporters?
Old 20th August 2015, 12:48 PM   #25
jhunter1163
beer-swilling semiliterate

Location: Connecticut, or King Arthur's Court. Hard to tell sometimes.
These cannot be "typical" Trump supporters, otherwise (given Trump's level of support) this kind of tragic event would be commonplace. The fact that it is so rare as to be newsworthy indicates that these people, whatever their sick motivations are, are not "typical" Trump supporters.
Old 20th August 2015, 04:13 PM   #26
shemp
a flimsy character...perfidious and despised

If these two guys are in prison on March 1, 2016, that's two fewer votes in the Massachusetts Republican primary for Trump. He better rein in his supporters before he loses all of them!
shemp is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st August 2015, 12:47 PM   #27
dudalb
Penultimate Amazing

This is what the kind of bigotry that Trump is using as a mainstay of his campaign leads to.
Amazed that a few people on the left in this thread don't get that are making excuses for Trump.

Robert Heinlein.
dudalb is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st August 2015, 01:26 PM   #28
Ladewig
I lost an avatar bet.

Originally Posted by dudalb View Post
This is what the kind of bigotry that Trump is using as a mainstay of his campaign leads to.
Amazed that a few people on the left in this thread don't get that are making excuses for Trump.
Against my better judgement, I am going to respond to this post aimed at me.

In the past month, I have referred to Trump as a bully, a bigot, a clown, a liar, and a BS artist. I described as as completely lacking any presidential qualities. I questioned his sanity and his mental health. I suggested that he might be suffering from an incurable mental illness (Narcissistic Personality Disorder).

I am not making excuses for Trump.

If these violent criminals were representative of Trump supporters then WHERE ARE THE HUNDREDS OF THOUSANDS OF OTHER VIOLENT INCIDENTS? Millions of people are supporting Trump. If they are typically violent then where are all the other racially-motivated crimes?

Furthermore, Trump's bone-headed statement about these two felons is not evidence that they are typical Trump supporters.

I am not making excuses for Trump. I am asking everyone in this skeptical message board to use actual evidence to support their accusations. Show me the evidence that they are typical Trump supporters. Show me the evidence that violence is a typical trait among Trump supporters.

ETA
Just to be clear, I am not asking for evidence that Trump supporters are bigoted or zenophobic. I am asking for evidence that they are violently zenophobic.

Last edited by Ladewig; 21st August 2015 at 01:29 PM.
Old 21st August 2015, 02:47 PM   #29
hgc
Penultimate Amazing

... zenophobic ...

What is that? Fear of paradoxes?
hgc is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st August 2015, 03:02 PM   #30
sir drinks-a-lot
Illuminator

Originally Posted by Hercules Rockefeller View Post
I was just wondering. I've been to the USA three times and all the people I met there we're completely normal (except for in Hollywood, maybe).
Over here we call them Democrats.
Old 21st August 2015, 03:03 PM   #31
Meed
boy named crow

Originally Posted by dudalb View Post
It certainly doesn't help things, that's for sure.

Quote:
I just reread the thread and couldn't find a single instance of someone making an excuse for Trump. Be amazed no more.
Old 21st August 2015, 03:13 PM   #32
applecorped
Banned

Ladies and gentlemen, Skepticism has left the building.
applecorped is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st August 2015, 03:14 PM   #33
Dr. Keith
Not a doctor.

Originally Posted by shemp View Post
If these two guys are in prison on March 1, 2016, that's two fewer votes in the Massachusetts Republican primary for Trump. He better rein in his supporters before he loses all of them!
Typical liberal voter suppression tactics.

If I had a pet panda I would name it Snowflake.
Dr. Keith is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st August 2015, 04:25 PM   #34
Trebuchet
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by jhunter1163 View Post
These cannot be "typical" Trump supporters, otherwise (given Trump's level of support) this kind of tragic event would be commonplace. The fact that it is so rare as to be newsworthy indicates that these people, whatever their sick motivations are, are not "typical" Trump supporters.
Ok, "typical" was hyperbole. (Thanks, Captain Obvious)

Not all Trump supporters are drunken racist morons. But some drunken racist morons are Trump supporters.
Old 22nd August 2015, 12:10 AM   #35
Ladewig
I lost an avatar bet.

Originally Posted by hgc View Post
What is that? Fear of paradoxes?
A bit of carelessness at the end of a long day.
I see the humor in your comment.
Old 22nd August 2015, 06:06 AM   #36
Craig4
Penultimate Amazing

I saw typical Trump supporters last night during the coverage of the rally in Alabama. This is to say that I saw what you get when pull a $20 bill on a string through a trailer park.
Craig4 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd August 2015, 06:40 AM   #37
Doghouse Reilly
Adrift on an uncharted sea

Originally Posted by Craig4 View Post
I saw typical Trump supporters last night during the coverage of the rally in Alabama. This is to say that I saw what you get when pull a $20 bill on a string through a trailer park.
Don't quit your day job.
Doghouse Reilly is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd August 2015, 08:41 AM   #38
fuelair
Banned

Originally Posted by sunmaster14 View Post
Actually I would have expected them to defecate - since they are obviously completely full of **** like their idol. Perhaps they were urinating feces that had not been fully processed..............
fuelair is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd August 2015, 08:43 AM   #39
fuelair
Banned

Originally Posted by shemp View Post
Not a problem by me!!!
fuelair is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd August 2015, 08:46 AM   #40
fuelair
Banned

Originally Posted by Craig4 View Post

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics