IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags 2016 elections , donald trump , racism charges , Trump campaign , Trump supporters

Old 26th October 2016, 04:21 PM   #41
Oystein
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by logger View Post
Did I say most of it? 2% seems like wishful thinking on your part.
What percentage of the black vote will Trump pick up, in your opinion?
Old 26th October 2016, 04:23 PM   #42
logger
Banned

Originally Posted by acbytesla View Post
I saw a CNN video on YouTube. Also reported by the Washington Post.

https://mobile.twitter.com/RosieGray...85264282271744

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...a-trump-rally/
Okay I was wondering if it was just one guy, did the black man with him know these hateful german words were being used? Lol what a pathetic thread!

Oh and WaPo only has a few select readers and I've used up all my free readings.
logger is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th October 2016, 04:24 PM   #43
logger
Banned

Originally Posted by Oystein View Post
It looks like 16%
logger is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th October 2016, 04:27 PM   #44
Oystein
Penultimate Amazing

Okay I was wondering if it was just one guy, did the black man with him know these hateful german words were being used? Lol what a pathetic thread!
Oh, there is a quota man of color, how surprising!
I am sure the women holding signs "Women for Trump" are likewise proof that women are flocking towards the women-respector Donald.
Haha.
This is a rally actually, the organizers understand that solid majorities women and blacks are NOT actually voting Trump, that's why they need to pretend otherwise.
Old 26th October 2016, 04:31 PM   #45
logger
Banned

Oh, there is a quota man of color, how surprising!
I am sure the women holding signs "Women for Trump" are likewise proof that women are flocking towards the women-respector Donald.
Haha.
This is a rally actually, the organizers understand that solid majorities women and blacks are NOT actually voting Trump, that's why they need to pretend otherwise.
Actually its very hard to say they are quota people since Trump seems to bring in thousands. Now at hillarys rally's you probably could count those kinds of numbers as quotas, might equal to maybe 50 white men, all raised by their mothers.
Old 26th October 2016, 04:32 PM   #46
logger
Banned

I hate to ruin your dinner.
http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2016...te-since-1960/
Old 26th October 2016, 04:34 PM   #47
acbytesla
Penultimate Amazing

Yea, 2 percent is smaller than Trump's hands. But I've seen polls showing Trump between 0 and 5 with a 3 percent margin of error.Trump likes to point at the size of his rallies, but people of color are close to non-existent at them. But, that like the size of his rallies may not have a correlation to votes on election day. I'd be surprised if Trump garners more than 5 percent of the African American vote.
Old 26th October 2016, 04:37 PM   #48
NoahFence
Banned

You said the largest percentage since the 60s.

So yes. You did say that.
NoahFence is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th October 2016, 04:39 PM   #49
acbytesla
Penultimate Amazing

The Rasmussen poll. Funny. Every election, it's way off.
Old 26th October 2016, 04:42 PM   #50
snoop_doxie
Graduate Poster

Actually its very hard to say they are quota people since Trump seems to bring in thousands. Now at hillarys rally's you probably could count those kinds of numbers as quotas, might equal to maybe 50 white men, all raised by their mothers.
What does the hilited part mean?

Was Trump raised by his mother?

I am missing what you are whistling at here.
Old 26th October 2016, 04:53 PM   #51
dudalb
Penultimate Amazing

The Rasmussen poll is a joke.

Robert Heinlein.
dudalb is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th October 2016, 04:56 PM   #52
Oystein
Penultimate Amazing

It looks like 16%
Where did you look?

ETA: Never mind, posted too late, already answered

Last edited by Oystein; 26th October 2016 at 05:00 PM.
Oystein is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th October 2016, 04:58 PM   #53
logger
Banned

Funny, no poll is correct every election.
Old 26th October 2016, 04:59 PM   #54
logger
Banned

Where did you look?
Post 46
Old 26th October 2016, 05:01 PM   #55
logger
Banned

Originally Posted by dudalb View Post
The Rasmussen poll is a joke.
Yeah perhaps, so isn't the ABCNBCUSATODAYAPCNN
Old 26th October 2016, 05:16 PM   #56
acbytesla
Penultimate Amazing

Funny, no poll is correct every election.
But some manage to be wrong.
Old 26th October 2016, 05:29 PM   #57
phiwum
Penultimate Amazing

Compare:

Trump will carry the largest % of black votes since the sixties, why, because they don't like hillary.
Originally Posted by thegatewaypundit
TRUMP on Track to Win More Black Votes Than Any GOP Candidate Since 1960
You implied that Trump would get a higher percentage of black votes than Obama did. The Jim Hoft article merely (and implausibly) claims that he will get more than 25% or so.
phiwum is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th October 2016, 05:36 PM   #58
logger
Banned

Originally Posted by phiwum View Post
Compare:

You implied that Trump would get a higher percentage of black votes than Obama did. The Jim Hoft article merely (and implausibly) claims that he will get more than 25% or so.
Phiwum I can only assume you Would realize I meant on the republican side

If you assumed I meant more than Obama, a bit of critical thought would tell you that couldn't possibly correct, then you would have realized I meant republicans, mkay
Old 26th October 2016, 05:38 PM   #59
logger
Banned

But some manage to be wrong.
All manage to be wrong.

You're pinning your hopes here, I'm concerned you haven't left some emotional room here for his victory, long shot, sure, but anything is possible. You need to prepare yourself!!!
Old 26th October 2016, 05:50 PM   #60
Stacko
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by phiwum View Post
The Jim Hoft article merely (and implausibly) claims that he will get more than 25% or so.
He's worked hard to earn the title of Stupidest Man on the Internet. You know things are bleak for Donald when Rasmussen polls and Jim Hoft are being treated credibly.
Stacko is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th October 2016, 05:52 PM   #61
acbytesla
Penultimate Amazing

All manage to be wrong.

You're pinning your hopes here, I'm concerned you haven't left some emotional room here for his victory, long shot, sure, but anything is possible. You need to prepare yourself!!!
LOL, Right. I'm pinning my hopes.: What to believe? The majority of the scientific polls or the outlier that is notorious for overestimating GOP chances? This is Trump, we're talking about. The most racially offensive Presidential candidate since George Wallace in 68

Logic tells me he is going to get crushed in the minority vote. I just worry about turnout.
Old 26th October 2016, 05:56 PM   #62
Tony Stark
Philosopher

It looks like 16%
LOL
Tony Stark is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th October 2016, 05:58 PM   #63
phiwum
Penultimate Amazing

Phiwum I can only assume you Would realize I meant on the republican side

If you assumed I meant more than Obama, a bit of critical thought would tell you that couldn't possibly correct, then you would have realized I meant republicans, mkay
Fine. Not what you wrote, nor clear from context, but we all get sloppy at times.

We'll see if he gets a higher percentage of black votes than any Republican candidate since 1960. I think the odds are extraordinarily slim.
phiwum is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th October 2016, 06:16 PM   #64
Oystein
Penultimate Amazing

The data for past elections in that article comes from this Gallup piece:
http://www.gallup.com/poll/139880/el...te-groups.aspx

You'll note that, from 2000 on, they differentiate the non-white vote: Non-white (excluding hispanics); non-white (including hispanics); black.
Every year, the black Republican vote is far lower than the non-white total:
2000: 3% black / 9% non-white
2004: 7% / 17%
2008: 1% / 10%
2012: 5% / 11%

1996 and earlier, the numbers merely differentiate white vs. non-white, without specifying the black vote. Non-white Republican percentages are:
1996: 12%
1992: 11%
1988: 18%
1984: 13%
1980: 10%
1976: 15%
1972: 13%
1968: 12%
1964: 6%
1960: 32%
1956: 39%
1952: 21%

Do you see that sudden drop between 1960 and 1964? Perhaps something happened in that time frame? Such as, perhaps, the Civil Rights Act of 1964 and the 24th Amendment, which both served to enable blacks to vote in the first place?

When you compare your prediction of what Trump may get from blacks with what Nixon got, you are comparing oranges with English fruits.

You might actually predict that Trump wil get the best share of the black vote EVER

Now I can't get to the Rasmussen original data, but find that their around 16% are an outlier. CBS had a poll last week that saw the black Trump vote at 4%. The latest UPI/CVoter daily presidential tracking poll has 7%. Even Breitbart sees only 11%! In Georgia, the AJC finds only 3%.

So good look with your prediction. If it makes you happy till election day, more power to you!
Old 26th October 2016, 06:23 PM   #65
logger
Banned

Philippines: This Will End Well

Originally Posted by Stacko View Post
He's worked hard to earn the title of Stupidest Man on the Internet. You know things are bleak for Donald when Rasmussen polls and Jim Hoft are being treated credibly.
No one beats biden, his groping of women might earn him another title.
Old 26th October 2016, 06:24 PM   #66
logger
Banned

LOL, Right. I'm pinning my hopes.: What to believe? The majority of the scientific polls or the outlier that is notorious for overestimating GOP chances? This is Trump, we're talking about. The most racially offensive Presidential candidate since George Wallace in 68

Logic tells me he is going to get crushed in the minority vote. I just worry about turnout.
Why?
Old 26th October 2016, 06:29 PM   #67
332nd
Penultimate Amazing

Oh that? Do you have a link to the actual poll?
Old 26th October 2016, 06:31 PM   #68
Tony Stark
Philosopher

Originally Posted by 332nd View Post
Oh that? Do you have a link to the actual poll?
Rasmussen doesn't release the demographic breakdown of its polls. Unless you give them money.

But they are a total garbage pollster.

Last edited by Tony Stark; 26th October 2016 at 06:41 PM.
Tony Stark is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th October 2016, 06:40 PM   #69
Frank Newgent
Philosopher

Think maybe Stanley Kubrick is running this election?

http://www.newyorker.com/magazine/20...olls-for-trump
Old 26th October 2016, 06:43 PM   #70
acbytesla
Penultimate Amazing

Why?
I always worry about turnout. It's the nature of the beast. If people think it's going to be a blowout they may not show thinking their vote doesn't matter. I'm somewhat comforted by Clinton's organizational advantage. Early and vote by mail helps with the turnout.

It ain't over till its over so take heart. Keep in mind that there will be another election in only 4 years.

Last edited by acbytesla; 26th October 2016 at 07:01 PM.
acbytesla is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th October 2016, 06:52 PM   #71
quadraginta
Becoming Beth

<snip>

Oh and WaPo only has a few select readers and I've used up all my free readings.

That's easy enough to go around. But I'm sure someone of your many expert qualifications already knows that.

"Ninety percent of the politicians give the other ten percent a bad reputation."
quadraginta is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th October 2016, 06:53 PM   #72
Spindrift
Time Person of the Year, 2006

Yeah you did.

Trump will carry the largest % of black votes since the sixties, why, because they don't like hillary.
How else would Trump carry the largest % if he doesn't get most?
Spindrift is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th October 2016, 06:58 PM   #73
NoahFence
Banned

It looks like 16%
If he gets more than 5, I'll paint my hair yellow.
NoahFence is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th October 2016, 07:00 PM   #74
quadraginta
Becoming Beth

That's someone else's opinion.

You didn't answer the question.

"Ninety percent of the politicians give the other ten percent a bad reputation."
quadraginta is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th October 2016, 07:10 PM   #75
Skeptic Ginger
Nasty Woman

PA GOP files lawsuit over election day poll watchers

GOP? What? Is that a typo?

Nope:
Quote:
The Pennsylvania Republican party has filed a lawsuit asserting that their Election Day poll watchers have Constitutional rights under the First and 14th amendments to watch polls anywhere.
GOP lawsuit challenges 1937 law on poll watcher rules; Dems: 'Publicity stunt'

The problem is, they are responding to this: Democrats: RNC violating anti-voter intimidation agreement
Quote:
Democrats are asking a federal judge to block the Republican National Committee from coordinating with Donald Trump’s campaign on “ballot security” efforts, saying the RNC is violating a decades old legal agreement that bars the group from tactics that critics call voter intimidation.
In a motion filed in New Jersey federal court on Wednesday, the Democratic National Committee charges that the RNC has violated the consent decree “by supporting and enabling the efforts of the Republican candidate for President, Donald J. Trump, as well as his campaign and advisors, to intimidate and discourage minority voters from voting in the 2016 Presidential Election.”
Story Continued Below
The alleged coordination, the DNC says, is a violation of a 1982 consent decree in which the RNC agreed to curb its vote watching tactics — the result of a suit Democrats filed against the RNC for allegedly intimidating minority voters at the polls during New Jersey’s 1981 gubernatorial election.
So what happened in 1982 that led to the consent decree? Voter intimidation at the polls from Republicans sporting 'official poll watcher' badges in minority heavy districts.
Skeptic Ginger is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th October 2016, 07:11 PM   #76
Foolmewunz
Grammar Resistance Leader
TLA Dictator

Originally Posted by Spindrift View Post
Yeah you did.

How else would Trump carry the largest % if he doesn't get most?
He means "the largest Republican % since the 60s". He would be wrong, of course. Rasmussen does their polls in base eight (according to Tom Lehrer, that's just like base ten, only if you're missing two fingers), I think. They don't show their data. Further, they haven't actually mentioned a figure for Trump support among blacks.

The 16% figure could be accurate for the demographic "Blacks not voting for Hillary". She'll get about 84/85%. Trump will get 7/9. Johnson/Stein/Vermin Supreme will split the remaining 7/8%.

It's not that liberals have become less tolerant. It's that conservatives have become more intolerable.
Foolmewunz is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th October 2016, 07:37 PM   #77
trustbutverify
Philosopher

Originally Posted by uke2se View Post
Jesus...

I wonder how many of them do this knowingly. Things are getting increasingly scary.
All of them. They've just been waiting for the right time. This is going to get a lot uglier.
trustbutverify is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th October 2016, 08:35 PM   #78
Ladewig
I lost an avatar bet.

Lol

Another bs article from the left holding onto their playbook of racism. I wonder if there are just as many racist blacks, latinos, jews and Europeans? If Trump says we have to close our borders because its out of control and a bunch of racists agree with it, somehow the party of Lincoln is now racist. That is some contorted thought that is rife with typical liberal EMOTIONALISM.

Not liking Clinton to the point of refusing to vote for her does not necessarily mean that they like Trump enough to vote for him. They might dislike both candidates and vote for neither.

In any case, I am sure this thread will contain a great deal of mocking on the day after the election. I'll be sure to come back to find out which side will be doling out the I-told-you-so's.
Old 26th October 2016, 08:50 PM   #79
fuelair
Banned

Yea, 2 percent is smaller than Trump's hands. But I've seen polls showing Trump between 0 and 5 with a 3 percent margin of error.Trump likes to point at the size of his rallies, but people of color are close to non-existent at them. But, that like the size of his rallies may not have a correlation to votes on election day. I'd be surprised if Trump garners more than 5 percent of the African American vote.
The embiggened is, I assume his very small nuts or, worse, like Goebbels he has no balls.
fuelair is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th October 2016, 09:02 PM   #80
fuelair
Banned

Originally Posted by uke2se View Post
Jesus...

I wonder how many of them do this knowingly. Things are getting increasingly scary.
It was more answered in later posts!!!!!
fuelair is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics