IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags 2016 elections , donald trump , racism charges , Trump campaign , Trump supporters

Old 27th October 2016, 07:29 PM   #201
logger
Banned

Originally Posted by Slowvehicle View Post
And again, you are demonstrably wrong.

I know very well what constitutes "the left" and "the right"--and the actual definitions do not orthographically map to your epithets at all. At all.

I don't need the actual definitions, as used lexicographically correctly, explained to me; I own the words and use them, accurately. I just sometimes wonder at the ways you, personally, use them.
Well, then you might start telling me when they don't "map" perhaps then I'd be willing to help you.
logger is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 27th October 2016, 07:31 PM   #202
Slowvehicle
Membership Drive
Co-Ordinator,
Russell's Antinomy

Location: ...1888 miles from home by the shortest route without tolls...
Originally Posted by logger View Post
the predators presidency sure wasn't headed in that direction, he was forced by the congress, but I do give him credit for working with them, now he'll have that lasting legacy. What will Obama have? He had a pen and a phone and in the end he'll have nothing, because he didn't work with congress!
It is to snerk.

He "didn't work with" a congress, the publicly-admitted agenda of the Republican majority of which was to oppose anything the President supported?

Ask McCain...
Slowvehicle is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 27th October 2016, 07:32 PM   #203
logger
Banned

Originally Posted by Tony Stark View Post
It must really piss you people off that Obama will leave office with a good approval rating.
Criminy sakes Tony, he's done nothing in the last few years, isn't that why his numbers went up? Hmm
logger is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 27th October 2016, 07:33 PM   #204
Tony Stark
Philosopher

Criminy sakes Tony, he's done nothing in the last few years, isn't that why his numbers went up? Hmm
Iran deal. Paris Climate deal.

Obama will leave office a popular two term President. Deal with it.
Tony Stark is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 27th October 2016, 07:34 PM   #205
logger
Banned

It is to snerk.

He "didn't work with" a congress, the publicly-admitted agenda of the Republican majority of which was to oppose anything the President supported?

Ask McCain...
Remember when he told McCain, "I won John"

Remember when the he and the dems had two years of total power? Remember that was how healthcare got passed? How in Gods name do you not remember that?
Old 27th October 2016, 07:36 PM   #206
Slowvehicle
Membership Drive
Co-Ordinator,
Russell's Antinomy

Well, then you might start telling me when they don't "map" perhaps then I'd be willing to help you.
You know that, if you know what the words actually mean. For instance, when you call me (and some others) a "leftie" just because you make free to disapprove of what you think you know...

Once you use "left" as an attempted blanket insult, as a dog whistle, it no longer orthographically maps to reality. Your usage divorces it form any actual meaning, or content.

But that's OK, as there are, in fact, others who use, and will continue to use, the terms meaningfully.
Slowvehicle is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 27th October 2016, 07:38 PM   #207
logger
Banned

Iran deal. Paris Climate deal.

Obama will leave office a popular two term President. Deal with it.
Lol
Do you really think people are giving him these numbers because of the Iran deal and the Paris hoax deal? Lol that is hilarious Tony!!

They're giving him these numbers because they like him for the man he is.
Old 27th October 2016, 07:39 PM   #208
Slowvehicle
Membership Drive
Co-Ordinator,
Russell's Antinomy

Remember when he told McCain, "I won John"

Remember when the he and the dems had two years of total power? Remember that was how healthcare got passed? How in Gods name do you not remember that?
Because I actually listen to what the Republicans in congress have said abut themselves...

McCain? You have heard of him, right?

It is, in fact, to snerk.

You did see the reports of the Republicans in congress already trying to make threats, yes? They said that about themselves...while still in office. Before the president-elect had actually won.
Old 27th October 2016, 07:40 PM   #209
cmikes
Critical Thinker

Originally Posted by acbytesla View Post
I find it amusing that you say that under Clinton we can expect a doubling or tripling of the debt. I challenge you to go back and look to see that the only President in the last 50 years who reduced the debt was Bill Clinton.

I think it's nonsense to say Hillary is evil.

Do you really expect Hillary Clinton to claim a Republican Congress's economic plan as her own like Bill did? She's always been the more ideological of the two.

Evil may be a bit harsh. Selfish and narcissistic might be a better description.
cmikes is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 27th October 2016, 07:41 PM   #210
Tony Stark
Philosopher

Lol
Do you really think people are giving him these numbers because of the Iran deal and the Paris hoax deal? Lol that is hilarious Tony!!

They give him the numbers because they approve of the way he has done the job. That's what job approval means. Sucks for you Republicans.
Tony Stark is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 27th October 2016, 07:42 PM   #211
Tony Stark
Philosopher

Originally Posted by cmikes View Post
Do you really expect Hillary Clinton to claim a Republican Congress's economic plan as her own like Bill did? She's always been the more ideological of the two.

Evil may be a bit harsh. Selfish and narcissistic might be a better description.
Are you trying to convince me of why Hillary will be a better President than her husband?
Old 27th October 2016, 07:44 PM   #212
logger
Banned

You know that, if you know what the words actually mean. For instance, when you call me (and some others) a "leftie" just because you make free to disapprove of what you think you know...
What does this even mean?
Quote:
Once you use "left" as an attempted blanket insult, as a dog whistle, it no longer orthographically maps to reality. Your usage divorces it form any actual meaning, or content.
Why is left considered an insult? I'm not insulted in the least when someone calls me a righty or conservative.
Quote:
But that's OK, as there are, in fact, others who use, and will continue to use, the terms meaningfully.
Ok, fine, I'm delighted.
Old 27th October 2016, 07:46 PM   #213
logger
Banned

They give him the numbers because they approve of the way he has done the job. That's what job approval means. Sucks for you Republicans.
Sorry to burst your bubble, that isn't why he has the numbers.
Old 27th October 2016, 07:46 PM   #214
Jrrarglblarg

Oh, do tell.
Jrrarglblarg is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 27th October 2016, 07:47 PM   #215
Tony Stark
Philosopher

That's the definition of job approval. But keep living in your fantasy world if it makes you feel better.
Old 27th October 2016, 07:49 PM   #216
logger
Banned

Because I actually listen to what the Republicans in congress have said abut themselves...

McCain? You have heard of him, right?

It is, in fact, to snerk.

You did see the reports of the Republicans in congress already trying to make threats, yes? They said that about themselves...while still in office. Before the president-elect had actually won.
Are you using some sort of translator?

Yes the republicans voiced the disagreements they had with him, did you expect them to just roll over, this ain't beanbag, its hard nosed politics. When is the left going to quit crying about it. I disagreed with everything he did, but I admired him for how he used and abused the republicans at every turn when he had the numbers, I hope our side learned from it.

The right leaning voter learned from it, that is why we now have Trump.
Old 27th October 2016, 07:51 PM   #217
logger
Banned

Originally Posted by Jrrarglblarg View Post
Oh, do tell.
How about telling me what he's actually done, and don't tell me something Tony would like he put millions of acres into a national monument.
Old 27th October 2016, 07:51 PM   #218
Tony Stark
Philosopher

The worst candidate ever who is almost definitely going to lose to Hillary worse than Romney did to Obama?

LOL
Old 27th October 2016, 07:52 PM   #219
Tony Stark
Philosopher

How about telling me what he's actually done, and don't tell me something Tony would like he put millions of acres into a national monument.
Don't you Republicans cry about how he is a dictator? How could he be if he doesn't do anything?
Old 27th October 2016, 07:53 PM   #220
logger
Banned

The worst candidate ever who is almost definitely going to lose to Hillary worse than Romney did to Obama?

LOL
Ok Tony

Old 27th October 2016, 07:54 PM   #221
Tony Stark
Philosopher

Ok Tony

When Hillary wins, will you maintain that it was a good idea for Republican primary voters to pick Donald?
Old 27th October 2016, 07:54 PM   #222
logger
Banned

Don't you Republicans cry about how he is a dictator? How could he be if he doesn't do anything?
Did you read my post? Its only been recently his numbers started going up, for the past two years he's done virtually nothing.
Old 27th October 2016, 07:55 PM   #223
Jrrarglblarg

Nope; you disputed that his approval numbers are tied to his performance, you need to back that up. Or dodge, weasel, obfuscate and lol. That works too.
Jrrarglblarg is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 27th October 2016, 07:55 PM   #224
Tony Stark
Philosopher

Did you read my post? Its only been recently his numbers started going up, for the past two years he's done virtually nothing.
Except for the things he did like the Iran deal which you say don't count because reasons.
Old 27th October 2016, 07:56 PM   #225
logger
Banned

When Hillary wins, will you maintain that it was a good idea for Republican primary voters to pick Donald?
I was actually hoping for Cruz. If Cruz would have come out talking about our illegal alien problem and changing our trade agreements, this election would have been a walk in the park. For hillary to be barely ahead going against the worst candidate ever, doesn't say much for her does it?
Old 27th October 2016, 07:58 PM   #226
logger
Banned

Originally Posted by Jrrarglblarg View Post
Nope; you disputed that his approval numbers are tied to his performance, you need to back that up. Or dodge, weasel, obfuscate and lol. That works too.
I did back it up, once he stopped performing, his numbers went up.
Old 27th October 2016, 07:58 PM   #227
Tony Stark
Philosopher

I was actually hoping for Cruz. If Cruz would have come out talking about our illegal alien problem and changing our trade agreements, this election would have been a walk in the park. For hillary to be barely ahead going against the worst candidate ever, doesn't say much for her does it?
She isn't just barely ahead.

And the reason she isn't ahead more is because most Republicans are trash human beings just like their Fuhrer.
Old 27th October 2016, 07:59 PM   #228
Tony Stark
Philosopher

I did back it up, once he stopped performing, his numbers went up.
By your "logic" the GOP Congress should have stellar approval ratings given they do even less. Is that the case?
Old 27th October 2016, 08:00 PM   #229
logger
Banned

Except for the things he did like the Iran deal which you say don't count because reasons.
Wouldn't it be fun to see why people give him those numbers, bet the number one response will be the Iranian deal. Hilarious!
Old 27th October 2016, 08:01 PM   #230
logger
Banned

She isn't just barely ahead.

And the reason she isn't ahead more is because most Republicans are trash human beings just like their Fuhrer.
Lol
I'm glad I wasn't drinking anything, or I'd be cleaning my screen.
Old 27th October 2016, 08:03 PM   #231
logger
Banned

By your "logic" the GOP Congress should have stellar approval ratings given they do even less. Is that the case?
You do understand the thinking that says everyone likes their personal congress person but hate the congress as a whole, all I care about is who controls it.
Old 27th October 2016, 08:04 PM   #232
Tony Stark
Philosopher

Wouldn't it be fun to see why people give him those numbers, bet the number one response will be the Iranian deal. Hilarious!
You're the one who is claiming he hasn't done anything even though that is objectively false.
Old 27th October 2016, 08:05 PM   #233
Tony Stark
Philosopher

You do understand the thinking that says everyone likes their personal congress person but hate the congress as a whole, all I care about is who controls it.
Republicans control Congress and most people hate it.
Old 27th October 2016, 08:09 PM   #234
logger
Banned

Republicans control Congress and most people hate it.
And most people hated congress when the dems controlled it, proving my point?
Old 27th October 2016, 08:14 PM   #235
Tony Stark
Philosopher

And most people hated congress when the dems controlled it, proving my point?
Yeah, even then Republican human trash did everything they could to obstruct. You know like filibustering every bill.
Old 27th October 2016, 08:43 PM   #236
Slowvehicle
Membership Drive
Co-Ordinator,
Russell's Antinomy

What does this even mean?
What is it you say...?

Why is left considered an insult? I'm not insulted in the least when someone calls me a righty or conservative.
And now you are pretending to be confused...snerk

Ok, fine, I'm delighted.
Good! I'll just leave it there, in your delight at your own confusion. I'll be over here, using words correctly. It's what I do...
Old 27th October 2016, 08:44 PM   #237
Slowvehicle
Membership Drive
Co-Ordinator,
Russell's Antinomy

Are you using some sort of translator?

Yes the republicans voiced the disagreements they had with him, did you expect them to just roll over, this ain't beanbag, its hard nosed politics. When is the left going to quit crying about it. I disagreed with everything he did, but I admired him for how he used and abused the republicans at every turn when he had the numbers, I hope our side learned from it.

...interesting evasion, but at least you are having fun. Feel free. reality is out there...
Old 27th October 2016, 08:53 PM   #238
acbytesla
Penultimate Amazing

Of course you were. I wasn't a big fan of the GOP slate of candidates, but those 2 were the worst by far and probably the least electable with the general electorate. Trump an idiot and offensive to virtually everyone and Cruz, also hated by half the Republican party who is a religious jerk who doesn't believe in evolution or global warming.
Old 27th October 2016, 09:25 PM   #239
Minoosh
Penultimate Amazing

Ahh the never Trumpers, again genius, how is he going to do it?
Why do some conservatives presume Hillary will be able to wreck the Second Amendment, while saying Trump won't be able to wreck the First Amendment?

Originally Posted by acbytesla View Post
Trump an idiot and offensive to virtually everyone and Cruz, also hated by half the Republican party who is a religious jerk who doesn't believe in evolution or global warming.
Half the party hates the other half but that may be understating the actual schisms that are going on. Conservatives came up with the RINO label to vilify other Republicans. Has anyone accused Hillary of being a DINO?
Minoosh is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 27th October 2016, 09:50 PM   #240
Foolmewunz
Grammar Resistance Leader
TLA Dictator

Lol

Raised by a mama? How could anyone like a man raised by a mama?

Obama's job approval started going up only when the field of GOP candidates was in full swing. Coincidence? I think not. Most of those "Disapprove" were conservatives and Republicans, with a smattering of Independents. People who couldn't wait to get that shiftless lazy do-nothing out of the White House looked up and saw the slate available from the conservative saviors of the GOP and went, "Whoa! A cast of *********** freaks! Our best hopes are a Reality Show Hustler, A Bible-Thumping Whacktard and that Kid From the Menudo Reunion Auditions!!??" One by one, from December 15 onwards, as the field narrowed to the weirdest of the weird and whackiest of the whacky, Obama's approval went up fifteen points.

It's not that liberals have become less tolerant. It's that conservatives have become more intolerable.
Foolmewunz is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics