IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics
 


Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags 2016 elections , donald trump , racism charges , Trump campaign , Trump supporters

Reply
Old 1st November 2016, 10:56 AM   #321
jimbob
Uncritical "thinker"
 
jimbob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: UK
Posts: 22,779
Originally Posted by 332nd View Post
Yup, & just like Christians they pick & choose what really matters... kinda like how you tried to breeze past that first question.

Now then, how many Muslims do you know?
Originally Posted by logger View Post
1.5 billion, why does it matter?

So your friends believe in subjugating women? Marginalizing gays?
You say that like you think it is a bad thing... and that you think Muslims do and not Christians.

Which is odd, given your posting history.
__________________
OECD healthcare spending
Expenditure on healthcare
http://www.oecd.org/els/health-systems/health-data.htm
link is 2015 data (2013 Data below):
UK 8.5% of GDP of which 83.3% is public expenditure - 7.1% of GDP is public spending
US 16.4% of GDP of which 48.2% is public expenditure - 7.9% of GDP is public spending
jimbob is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st November 2016, 01:55 PM   #322
332nd
Penultimate Amazing
 
332nd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 11,278
Originally Posted by logger View Post
1.5 billion, why does it matter?
Because
Because if one actually gets to know people outside of one's group, one tends to not fear the group as a whole....
.Unless you feel I should fear white people, republicans, &/or driving...

Quote:
So your friends believe in subjugating women? Marginalizing gays?
Well no, like I said, they pick & choose what to follow. Having said that, Nadir does subjugate gay men... but then he's a gay Dom.

Since you bring it up, are you voting for they guy who wants to deprive gays of their rights?
__________________
The poster formerly known as Redtail

Last edited by 332nd; 1st November 2016 at 01:57 PM.
332nd is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st November 2016, 02:06 PM   #323
jimbob
Uncritical "thinker"
 
jimbob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: UK
Posts: 22,779
Also, Logger, you *don't * know the 2.5Bn Muslims in the world.

How many do you know *personally*?
__________________
OECD healthcare spending
Expenditure on healthcare
http://www.oecd.org/els/health-systems/health-data.htm
link is 2015 data (2013 Data below):
UK 8.5% of GDP of which 83.3% is public expenditure - 7.1% of GDP is public spending
US 16.4% of GDP of which 48.2% is public expenditure - 7.9% of GDP is public spending
jimbob is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st November 2016, 02:21 PM   #324
Jrrarglblarg
Guest
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 12,673
TrumpTrooper Update:
I've just been contacted by phone to find out what times/dates I'm available. Also, the Republican Party office in town will have a training session this evening. I told them I would attend.

I'm nervous. I dont know what to wear.
Jrrarglblarg is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st November 2016, 02:26 PM   #325
LSSBB
Devilish Dictionarian
 
LSSBB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: An elusive house at Bachelors Grove Cemetery
Posts: 20,058
Originally Posted by Jrrarglblarg View Post
TrumpTrooper Update:
I've just been contacted by phone to find out what times/dates I'm available. Also, the Republican Party office in town will have a training session this evening. I told them I would attend.

I'm nervous. I dont know what to wear.
Well, if I recall my history correctly, a brown shirt is in order.
__________________
"You must not let your need to be right be more important than your need to find out what's true." - Ray Dalio, Principles
LSSBB is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st November 2016, 02:30 PM   #326
Jrrarglblarg
Guest
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 12,673
Originally Posted by LSSBB View Post
Well, if I recall my history correctly, a brown shirt is in order.
One way or the other I'm stopping by the grownup store before I go. Not sure I could enter a room full of republicans without the Eyes Of The Overworld to protect my mind.

Wish I had a gun company shirt, or a tobacco brand. A national guard shirt might help.
Jrrarglblarg is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st November 2016, 02:32 PM   #327
jimbob
Uncritical "thinker"
 
jimbob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: UK
Posts: 22,779
Originally Posted by Jrrarglblarg View Post
One way or the other I'm stopping by the grownup store before I go. Not sure I could enter a room full of republicans without the Eyes Of The Overworld to protect my mind.

Wish I had a gun company shirt, or a tobacco brand. A national guard shirt might help.
Amazon is your friend:



No?
__________________
OECD healthcare spending
Expenditure on healthcare
http://www.oecd.org/els/health-systems/health-data.htm
link is 2015 data (2013 Data below):
UK 8.5% of GDP of which 83.3% is public expenditure - 7.1% of GDP is public spending
US 16.4% of GDP of which 48.2% is public expenditure - 7.9% of GDP is public spending
jimbob is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st November 2016, 02:34 PM   #328
Stacko
Penultimate Amazing
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 10,837
Originally Posted by Jrrarglblarg View Post
One way or the other I'm stopping by the grownup store before I go. Not sure I could enter a room full of republicans without the Eyes Of The Overworld to protect my mind.

Wish I had a gun company shirt, or a tobacco brand. A national guard shirt might help.
Don't forget a trucker hat.
Stacko is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st November 2016, 02:39 PM   #329
catsmate
No longer the 1
 
catsmate's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 23,814
Originally Posted by Jrrarglblarg View Post
TrumpTrooper Update:
I've just been contacted by phone to find out what times/dates I'm available. Also, the Republican Party office in town will have a training session this evening. I told them I would attend.

I'm nervous. I dont know what to wear.
I recommend a gray shirt with large red "L" over the left breast with a navy blue tie and trousers.
__________________
As human right is always something given, it always in reality reduces to the right which men give, "concede," to each other. If the right to existence is conceded to new-born children, then they have the right; if it is not conceded to them, as was the case among the Spartans and ancient Romans, then they do not have it. For only society can give or concede it to them; they themselves cannot take it, or give it to themselves.
catsmate is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st November 2016, 02:43 PM   #330
acbytesla
Penultimate Amazing
 
acbytesla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 28,190
Originally Posted by catsmate View Post
I recommend a gray shirt with large red "L" over the left breast with a navy blue tie and trousers.
Sounds like the male version of Laverne from Laverne and Shirley
__________________
Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to get to me.
.
acbytesla is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st November 2016, 02:55 PM   #331
Jrrarglblarg
Guest
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 12,673
Originally Posted by jimbob View Post
No, because I need it in 2 and a half hours, and no because I'm undercover and trying to keep a low profile.
Jrrarglblarg is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st November 2016, 02:56 PM   #332
Jrrarglblarg
Guest
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 12,673
Originally Posted by Stacko View Post
Don't forget a trucker hat.
I'm about to go hit a thrift store with that in mind.
Jrrarglblarg is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st November 2016, 02:57 PM   #333
Stacko
Penultimate Amazing
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 10,837
Originally Posted by Jrrarglblarg View Post
I'm about to go hit a thrift store with that in mind.
Stacko is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st November 2016, 03:28 PM   #334
CapelDodger
Penultimate Amazing
 
CapelDodger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Cardiff, South Wales
Posts: 25,048
Originally Posted by logger View Post
That's wonderful except the Muslims I know would consider your Muslim friends to be infidels.
The Muslims you know might be able to explain to you why there's no such thing as Sharia law.
__________________
It's a poor sort of memory that only works backward - Lewis Carroll (1832-1898)

God can make a cow out of a tree, but has He ever done so? Therefore show some reason why a thing is so, or cease to hold that it is so - William of Conches, c1150
CapelDodger is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st November 2016, 03:32 PM   #335
CapelDodger
Penultimate Amazing
 
CapelDodger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Cardiff, South Wales
Posts: 25,048
Originally Posted by Jrrarglblarg View Post
No, because I need it in 2 and a half hours, and no because I'm undercover and trying to keep a low profile.
I'd love to hear your cover story once it's all over.
__________________
It's a poor sort of memory that only works backward - Lewis Carroll (1832-1898)

God can make a cow out of a tree, but has He ever done so? Therefore show some reason why a thing is so, or cease to hold that it is so - William of Conches, c1150
CapelDodger is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st November 2016, 03:32 PM   #336
Captain_Swoop
Penultimate Amazing
 
Captain_Swoop's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 31,837
Originally Posted by LSSBB View Post
Well, if I recall my history correctly, a brown shirt is in order.
Or a pointy white hood.
Captain_Swoop is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st November 2016, 03:37 PM   #337
jimbob
Uncritical "thinker"
 
jimbob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: UK
Posts: 22,779
Have you remembered your prosthetic finger so you can give a convincing high six?
__________________
OECD healthcare spending
Expenditure on healthcare
http://www.oecd.org/els/health-systems/health-data.htm
link is 2015 data (2013 Data below):
UK 8.5% of GDP of which 83.3% is public expenditure - 7.1% of GDP is public spending
US 16.4% of GDP of which 48.2% is public expenditure - 7.9% of GDP is public spending
jimbob is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st November 2016, 05:45 PM   #338
LSSBB
Devilish Dictionarian
 
LSSBB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: An elusive house at Bachelors Grove Cemetery
Posts: 20,058
Originally Posted by Jrrarglblarg View Post
One way or the other I'm stopping by the grownup store before I go. Not sure I could enter a room full of republicans without the Eyes Of The Overworld to protect my mind.

Wish I had a gun company shirt, or a tobacco brand. A national guard shirt might help.
One of my sons dressed up as Dale Gribble for Holloween, you can go with that - added plus, aforementioned brown shirt.
__________________
"You must not let your need to be right be more important than your need to find out what's true." - Ray Dalio, Principles
LSSBB is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st November 2016, 06:52 PM   #339
logger
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 11,145
Originally Posted by 332nd View Post
Because
Because if one actually gets to know people outside of one's group, one tends to not fear the group as a whole....
.Unless you feel I should fear white people, republicans, &/or driving...


Well no, like I said, they pick & choose what to follow. Having said that, Nadir does subjugate gay men... but then he's a gay Dom.

Since you bring it up, are you voting for they guy who wants to deprive gays of their rights?
If they choose what to follow then they aren't into sharia, they aren't even good Muslims, in fact they aren't even Muslims at all.
logger is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st November 2016, 06:54 PM   #340
logger
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 11,145
Originally Posted by LSSBB View Post
Well, if I recall my history correctly, a brown shirt is in order.
Yes because somehow that has a basis in fact.

You should know republicans are complete wimps, there isn't A brown shirt among them.

I suppose you've got that fear thing going though.

Last edited by logger; 1st November 2016 at 06:56 PM.
logger is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st November 2016, 07:09 PM   #341
marplots
Penultimate Amazing
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 29,167
Originally Posted by logger View Post
If they choose what to follow then they aren't into sharia, they aren't even good Muslims, in fact they aren't even Muslims at all.
What should we call them instead? Ragheads? Allies?
marplots is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st November 2016, 07:12 PM   #342
LSSBB
Devilish Dictionarian
 
LSSBB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: An elusive house at Bachelors Grove Cemetery
Posts: 20,058
Originally Posted by logger View Post
Yes because somehow that has a basis in fact.

You should know republicans are complete wimps, there isn't A brown shirt among them.

I suppose you've got that fear thing going though.
Nah, I'm good. I'm going to sleep election night satisfied that I voted for who I feel is the best candidate. I have no more power over the results than that.

What should I fear, more brown people in the U.S.? More people who use a different name for God? Hillary gonna take my guns? Trump gonna grope me? My job gonna get shipped overseas? Tell me, I'm not feeling it.

Then again, I'm a white guy, and a Christian. Trump won't touch me.
__________________
"You must not let your need to be right be more important than your need to find out what's true." - Ray Dalio, Principles
LSSBB is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st November 2016, 07:17 PM   #343
logger
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 11,145
Originally Posted by LSSBB View Post
Nah, I'm good. I'm going to sleep election night satisfied that I voted for who I feel is the best candidate. I have no more power over the results than that.

What should I fear, more brown people in the U.S.? More people who use a different name for God? Hillary gonna take my guns? Trump gonna grope me? My job gonna get shipped overseas? Tell me, I'm not feeling it.

Then again, I'm a white guy, and a Christian. Trump won't touch me.
Lol

How about something simple like Hillary is a crook?
Johnson isn't going to win?
logger is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st November 2016, 07:18 PM   #344
logger
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 11,145
Originally Posted by marplots View Post
What should we call them instead? Ragheads? Allies?
Ask them, better yet, ask the people at their mosque.
logger is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st November 2016, 08:29 PM   #345
LSSBB
Devilish Dictionarian
 
LSSBB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: An elusive house at Bachelors Grove Cemetery
Posts: 20,058
Originally Posted by logger View Post
Lol

How about something simple like Hillary is a crook?
Johnson isn't going to win?
Hey, Trump's a crook too. Still good there.

And I will still have voted for the best candidate.

Hey, I live in a state Hillary will win anyway. I can't even change my congressman, the crappy Bobby Rush, gerrymandered in for life.
__________________
"You must not let your need to be right be more important than your need to find out what's true." - Ray Dalio, Principles
LSSBB is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st November 2016, 10:48 PM   #346
332nd
Penultimate Amazing
 
332nd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 11,278
Originally Posted by logger View Post
If they choose what to follow then they aren't into sharia, they aren't even good Muslims, in fact they aren't even Muslims at all.
LOL! Aye laddie, they be Muslim & I be part Scotsman that is true!

See, I actually talk to them, hang out with them, the praying, going to a mosque, speaking Arabic, so on, & so on. I've even been to mosque with some of them for various reasons. Nobody there said they weren't Muslim.

LOL! QUOTE=logger;11567545]Ask them, better yet, ask the people at their mosque.[/quote]

Maybe you should've actually talked to a musl
__________________
The poster formerly known as Redtail

Last edited by 332nd; 1st November 2016 at 10:52 PM.
332nd is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st November 2016, 11:00 PM   #347
332nd
Penultimate Amazing
 
332nd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 11,278
Originally Posted by LSSBB View Post
Hey, Trump's a crook too. Still good there.

And I will still have voted for the best candidate.

Hey, I live in a state Hillary will win anyway. I can't even change my congressman, the crappy Bobby Rush, gerrymandered in for life.
What!?!?! Bobby Rush is a national treasure! She's so Fine is a... This isn't the Blues guy is it?
__________________
The poster formerly known as Redtail
332nd is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd November 2016, 07:44 AM   #348
logger
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 11,145
Originally Posted by 332nd View Post
LOL! Aye laddie, they be Muslim & I be part Scotsman that is true!

See, I actually talk to them, hang out with them, the praying, going to a mosque, speaking Arabic, so on, & so on. I've even been to mosque with some of them for various reasons. Nobody there said they weren't Muslim.

Quote:
Maybe you should've actually talked to a musl
Lol sure go talk with them, they aren't the ones the world is concerned over. And I doubt you even understand that, your whole premise I've been playing with is just simple denial.

Last edited by logger; 2nd November 2016 at 07:45 AM.
logger is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd November 2016, 07:47 AM   #349
LSSBB
Devilish Dictionarian
 
LSSBB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: An elusive house at Bachelors Grove Cemetery
Posts: 20,058
Originally Posted by 332nd View Post
What!?!?! Bobby Rush is a national treasure! She's so Fine is a... This isn't the Blues guy is it?
No, this is the ex-Black Panther (!)
__________________
"You must not let your need to be right be more important than your need to find out what's true." - Ray Dalio, Principles
LSSBB is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd November 2016, 08:18 AM   #350
Jrrarglblarg
Guest
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 12,673
TrumpTrooper Report: Participant Observation of voting activities.

Election Watcher Training at County Republican HQ.
Location: Vacant white-tile-floor unit in a stripmall with campaign signs and posters taped to the glass.

Time: about ten minutes before I got there. There was a wait at the grownup store. I parked in a dark spot and took a big hit off a "preroll" and strolled in, worn green fatigue coat with a zoom recorder in the pocket under my arm.

Trainer: a Republican Party lady in the county. Leather boots suggest she's in the horsy side of the county, up in the more pricy corner. Short practical hair. An election judge and experienced member of the team that help operate the front end desk part of the election in a team. They work in bipartisan two-person control of ballots and facilities at all times.

Content: mostly jibber jabber and war stories. Oh isn't she clever, how she helps the other judges with the difficult voters. See, the judges look up the voter in the book, and then hand them a ballot or what not, and it's gotten complicated because we have mail in ballots and election day.

End result: I am scheduled for Wednesday at the county office in town, Saturday at the county clerks' and on the 8th I'm in for the slog with the overnight team of judges counting. They, the judges counting, will apparently break off at 4am and resume in the morning if the workload looks preposterous at that point, but if it's only a couple of hours they'll stay through.

Duties: I can watch some stuff, but the only person I can talk to is a lead judge of the election judges on location. I can challenge a voter's right to vote on three criteria: citizenship, residency, and age. Anything I question earns me paperwork, hooray, which I may fill out while screenpeeking at some device or another. I'll understand the mechanics of the process better after I've observed it from 10 to 2.

Credentials provided on completion: certificate of completion of secretary of state's online class, and a certificate of appointment and oath of watcher (form 700) with my name spelled wrong. I don't know if that's because the person issuing me the form 700, the county party chairman, is a dope or if misspelling my name is an illuminati code signal that I showed up late, obviously high, and dressed and equipped like a cliche 70s infiltrator. I did make sure my "eat the rich" button was off my jacket before I left the house and decided not to turn on the recorder before I went in. But I left the page with a drawing labeled "reactor" up on my spiral notebook and had to flip that.

Sat next to the youngest guy in the room.
Max: sullen, or maybe shy, or maybe on the spectrum or maybe all of the above. Dark hair, mullet, from New Jersey. Probably conspiracy theorist. No tv. Anti computers?

Last edited by Jrrarglblarg; 2nd November 2016 at 08:20 AM.
Jrrarglblarg is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd November 2016, 08:29 AM   #351
Trebuchet
Penultimate Amazing
 
Trebuchet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Port Townsend, Washington
Posts: 30,991
Congratulations. You are now going to be an official, proper sort of poll watcher. The kind they have everywhere, but not the sort the loonier trumpers are looking for. Do you have cammo fatuiges and an AR-15?
__________________
Cum catapultae proscribeantur tum soli proscripti catapultas habeant.
Trebuchet is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd November 2016, 08:36 AM   #352
Spindrift
Time Person of the Year, 2006
 
Spindrift's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Right here!
Posts: 19,246
I suggest you question every blond haired, blue eyed person. "They look Swedish. How do we know they are here legally?"
__________________
I've always believed that cluelessness evolved as an adaptation to allow the truly appalling to live with themselves. - G. B. Trudeau
A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals and you know it. - Kay, Men in Black.
Enjoy every sandwich. - Warren Zevon
Spindrift is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd November 2016, 08:58 AM   #353
NoahFence
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Patriot Nation
Posts: 22,131
Originally Posted by Jrrarglblarg View Post
One way or the other I'm stopping by the grownup store before I go. Not sure I could enter a room full of republicans without the Eyes Of The Overworld to protect my mind.

Wish I had a gun company shirt, or a tobacco brand. A national guard shirt might help.
How about a white T shirt that says "CHOOSE LIFE"
NoahFence is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd November 2016, 09:01 AM   #354
LSSBB
Devilish Dictionarian
 
LSSBB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: An elusive house at Bachelors Grove Cemetery
Posts: 20,058
Originally Posted by Spindrift View Post
I suggest you question every blond haired, blue eyed person. "They look Swedish. How do we know they are here legally?"
Spotting the Canadians will be the biggest challenge.
__________________
"You must not let your need to be right be more important than your need to find out what's true." - Ray Dalio, Principles
LSSBB is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd November 2016, 09:05 AM   #355
Trebuchet
Penultimate Amazing
 
Trebuchet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Port Townsend, Washington
Posts: 30,991
Originally Posted by LSSBB View Post
Spotting the Canadians will be the biggest challenge.
Nah, not a problem. Just bump into them. If they say "excuse me, so sorry" even when it's your fault, they're Canadian. Kick them out. In fact, don't let them in unless they pull a handgun and begin screaming at you. Those are the Trump voters.
__________________
Cum catapultae proscribeantur tum soli proscripti catapultas habeant.
Trebuchet is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd November 2016, 10:12 AM   #356
logger
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 11,145
Originally Posted by Trebuchet View Post
Nah, not a problem. Just bump into them. If they say "excuse me, so sorry" even when it's your fault, they're Canadian. Kick them out. In fact, don't let them in unless they pull a handgun and begin screaming at you. Those are the Trump voters.
Lol
The reality of being left.
logger is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd November 2016, 11:04 AM   #357
ponderingturtle
Orthogonal Vector
 
ponderingturtle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 50,412
http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/v...hurch-43245628

Vote Trump!
__________________
Sufficiently advanced Woo is indistinguishable from Parody
"There shall be no *poofing* in science" Paul C. Anagnostopoulos
Force ***** on reasons back" Ben Franklin
ponderingturtle is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd November 2016, 11:06 AM   #358
fuelair
Banned
 
fuelair's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 58,581
Originally Posted by jimbob View Post
You say that like you think it is a bad thing... and that you think Muslims do and not Christians.

Which is odd, given your posting history.
Posting history??? Posting history??? He don't need no steeenkin' postin' history!!!!!!!!
fuelair is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd November 2016, 11:07 AM   #359
dudalb
Penultimate Amazing
 
dudalb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Sacramento
Posts: 50,310
If Trump wins, I am expecteing a huge uptick in violence directed at minorities.
__________________
Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay - and claims a halo for his dishonesty.

Robert Heinlein.
dudalb is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd November 2016, 11:07 AM   #360
fuelair
Banned
 
fuelair's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 58,581
Originally Posted by ponderingturtle View Post
Eat his dumps!!!!
fuelair is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Reply

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:04 AM.
Powered by vBulletin. Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

This forum began as part of the James Randi Education Foundation (JREF). However, the forum now exists as
an independent entity with no affiliation with or endorsement by the JREF, including the section in reference to "JREF" topics.

Disclaimer: Messages posted in the Forum are solely the opinion of their authors.