IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags 2016 elections , donald trump , racism charges , Trump campaign , Trump supporters

Old 1st November 2016, 10:56 AM   #321
jimbob
Uncritical "thinker"

Originally Posted by 332nd View Post
Yup, & just like Christians they pick & choose what really matters... kinda like how you tried to breeze past that first question.

Now then, how many Muslims do you know?
Originally Posted by logger View Post
1.5 billion, why does it matter?

So your friends believe in subjugating women? Marginalizing gays?
You say that like you think it is a bad thing... and that you think Muslims do and not Christians.

Which is odd, given your posting history.
link is 2015 data (2013 Data below):
UK 8.5% of GDP of which 83.3% is public expenditure - 7.1% of GDP is public spending
US 16.4% of GDP of which 48.2% is public expenditure - 7.9% of GDP is public spending
jimbob is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st November 2016, 01:55 PM   #322
332nd
Penultimate Amazing

1.5 billion, why does it matter?
Because
Because if one actually gets to know people outside of one's group, one tends to not fear the group as a whole....
.Unless you feel I should fear white people, republicans, &/or driving...

Quote:
So your friends believe in subjugating women? Marginalizing gays?
Well no, like I said, they pick & choose what to follow. Having said that, Nadir does subjugate gay men... but then he's a gay Dom.

Since you bring it up, are you voting for they guy who wants to deprive gays of their rights?

Last edited by 332nd; 1st November 2016 at 01:57 PM.
332nd is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st November 2016, 02:06 PM   #323
jimbob
Uncritical "thinker"

Also, Logger, you *don't * know the 2.5Bn Muslims in the world.

How many do you know *personally*?
UK 8.5% of GDP of which 83.3% is public expenditure - 7.1% of GDP is public spending
US 16.4% of GDP of which 48.2% is public expenditure - 7.9% of GDP is public spending
jimbob is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st November 2016, 02:21 PM   #324
Jrrarglblarg

TrumpTrooper Update:
I've just been contacted by phone to find out what times/dates I'm available. Also, the Republican Party office in town will have a training session this evening. I told them I would attend.

I'm nervous. I dont know what to wear.
Jrrarglblarg is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st November 2016, 02:26 PM   #325
LSSBB
Devilish Dictionarian

Originally Posted by Jrrarglblarg View Post
TrumpTrooper Update:
I've just been contacted by phone to find out what times/dates I'm available. Also, the Republican Party office in town will have a training session this evening. I told them I would attend.

Well, if I recall my history correctly, a brown shirt is in order.
Old 1st November 2016, 02:30 PM   #326
Jrrarglblarg

Originally Posted by LSSBB View Post
One way or the other I'm stopping by the grownup store before I go. Not sure I could enter a room full of republicans without the Eyes Of The Overworld to protect my mind.

Wish I had a gun company shirt, or a tobacco brand. A national guard shirt might help.
Jrrarglblarg is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st November 2016, 02:32 PM   #327
jimbob
Uncritical "thinker"

One way or the other I'm stopping by the grownup store before I go. Not sure I could enter a room full of republicans without the Eyes Of The Overworld to protect my mind.

Wish I had a gun company shirt, or a tobacco brand. A national guard shirt might help.
Amazon is your friend:

No?
Old 1st November 2016, 02:34 PM   #328
Stacko
Penultimate Amazing

Don't forget a trucker hat.
Stacko is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st November 2016, 02:39 PM   #329
catsmate
No longer the 1

TrumpTrooper Update:

I recommend a gray shirt with large red "L" over the left breast with a navy blue tie and trousers.
As human right is always something given, it always in reality reduces to the right which men give, "concede," to each other. If the right to existence is conceded to new-born children, then they have the right; if it is not conceded to them, as was the case among the Spartans and ancient Romans, then they do not have it. For only society can give or concede it to them; they themselves cannot take it, or give it to themselves.
catsmate is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st November 2016, 02:43 PM   #330
acbytesla
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by catsmate View Post
I recommend a gray shirt with large red "L" over the left breast with a navy blue tie and trousers.
Sounds like the male version of Laverne from Laverne and Shirley
Old 1st November 2016, 02:55 PM   #331
Jrrarglblarg

Originally Posted by jimbob View Post
No, because I need it in 2 and a half hours, and no because I'm undercover and trying to keep a low profile.
Old 1st November 2016, 02:56 PM   #332
Jrrarglblarg

Originally Posted by Stacko View Post
Don't forget a trucker hat.
I'm about to go hit a thrift store with that in mind.
Old 1st November 2016, 02:57 PM   #333
Stacko
Penultimate Amazing

I'm about to go hit a thrift store with that in mind.
Stacko is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st November 2016, 03:28 PM   #334
CapelDodger
Penultimate Amazing

That's wonderful except the Muslims I know would consider your Muslim friends to be infidels.
The Muslims you know might be able to explain to you why there's no such thing as Sharia law.

God can make a cow out of a tree, but has He ever done so? Therefore show some reason why a thing is so, or cease to hold that it is so - William of Conches, c1150
CapelDodger is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st November 2016, 03:32 PM   #335
CapelDodger
Penultimate Amazing

No, because I need it in 2 and a half hours, and no because I'm undercover and trying to keep a low profile.
I'd love to hear your cover story once it's all over.

God can make a cow out of a tree, but has He ever done so? Therefore show some reason why a thing is so, or cease to hold that it is so - William of Conches, c1150
CapelDodger is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st November 2016, 03:32 PM   #336
Captain_Swoop
Penultimate Amazing

Or a pointy white hood.
Captain_Swoop is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st November 2016, 03:37 PM   #337
jimbob
Uncritical "thinker"

Have you remembered your prosthetic finger so you can give a convincing high six?
Old 1st November 2016, 05:45 PM   #338
LSSBB
Devilish Dictionarian

One of my sons dressed up as Dale Gribble for Holloween, you can go with that - added plus, aforementioned brown shirt.
Old 1st November 2016, 06:52 PM   #339
logger
Banned

Because
Because if one actually gets to know people outside of one's group, one tends to not fear the group as a whole....
.Unless you feel I should fear white people, republicans, &/or driving...

Well no, like I said, they pick & choose what to follow. Having said that, Nadir does subjugate gay men... but then he's a gay Dom.

Since you bring it up, are you voting for they guy who wants to deprive gays of their rights?
If they choose what to follow then they aren't into sharia, they aren't even good Muslims, in fact they aren't even Muslims at all.
logger is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st November 2016, 06:54 PM   #340
logger
Banned

Yes because somehow that has a basis in fact.

You should know republicans are complete wimps, there isn't A brown shirt among them.

I suppose you've got that fear thing going though.

Last edited by logger; 1st November 2016 at 06:56 PM.
logger is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st November 2016, 07:09 PM   #341
marplots
Penultimate Amazing

If they choose what to follow then they aren't into sharia, they aren't even good Muslims, in fact they aren't even Muslims at all.
What should we call them instead? Ragheads? Allies?
marplots is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st November 2016, 07:12 PM   #342
LSSBB
Devilish Dictionarian

Yes because somehow that has a basis in fact.

You should know republicans are complete wimps, there isn't A brown shirt among them.

I suppose you've got that fear thing going though.
Nah, I'm good. I'm going to sleep election night satisfied that I voted for who I feel is the best candidate. I have no more power over the results than that.

What should I fear, more brown people in the U.S.? More people who use a different name for God? Hillary gonna take my guns? Trump gonna grope me? My job gonna get shipped overseas? Tell me, I'm not feeling it.

Then again, I'm a white guy, and a Christian. Trump won't touch me.
Old 1st November 2016, 07:17 PM   #343
logger
Banned

Nah, I'm good. I'm going to sleep election night satisfied that I voted for who I feel is the best candidate. I have no more power over the results than that.

What should I fear, more brown people in the U.S.? More people who use a different name for God? Hillary gonna take my guns? Trump gonna grope me? My job gonna get shipped overseas? Tell me, I'm not feeling it.

Then again, I'm a white guy, and a Christian. Trump won't touch me.
Lol

How about something simple like Hillary is a crook?
Johnson isn't going to win?
Old 1st November 2016, 07:18 PM   #344
logger
Banned

Originally Posted by marplots View Post
What should we call them instead? Ragheads? Allies?
Ask them, better yet, ask the people at their mosque.
Old 1st November 2016, 08:29 PM   #345
LSSBB
Devilish Dictionarian

Lol

How about something simple like Hillary is a crook?
Johnson isn't going to win?
Hey, Trump's a crook too. Still good there.

And I will still have voted for the best candidate.

Hey, I live in a state Hillary will win anyway. I can't even change my congressman, the crappy Bobby Rush, gerrymandered in for life.
Old 1st November 2016, 10:48 PM   #346
332nd
Penultimate Amazing

LOL! Aye laddie, they be Muslim & I be part Scotsman that is true!

See, I actually talk to them, hang out with them, the praying, going to a mosque, speaking Arabic, so on, & so on. I've even been to mosque with some of them for various reasons. Nobody there said they weren't Muslim.

LOL! QUOTE=logger;11567545]Ask them, better yet, ask the people at their mosque.[/quote]

Maybe you should've actually talked to a musl

Last edited by 332nd; 1st November 2016 at 10:52 PM.
332nd is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st November 2016, 11:00 PM   #347
332nd
Penultimate Amazing

Hey, Trump's a crook too. Still good there.

And I will still have voted for the best candidate.

Hey, I live in a state Hillary will win anyway. I can't even change my congressman, the crappy Bobby Rush, gerrymandered in for life.
What!?!?! Bobby Rush is a national treasure! She's so Fine is a... This isn't the Blues guy is it?
Old 2nd November 2016, 07:44 AM   #348
logger
Banned

LOL! Aye laddie, they be Muslim & I be part Scotsman that is true!

See, I actually talk to them, hang out with them, the praying, going to a mosque, speaking Arabic, so on, & so on. I've even been to mosque with some of them for various reasons. Nobody there said they weren't Muslim.

Quote:
Maybe you should've actually talked to a musl
Lol sure go talk with them, they aren't the ones the world is concerned over. And I doubt you even understand that, your whole premise I've been playing with is just simple denial.

Last edited by logger; 2nd November 2016 at 07:45 AM.
Old 2nd November 2016, 07:47 AM   #349
LSSBB
Devilish Dictionarian

What!?!?! Bobby Rush is a national treasure! She's so Fine is a... This isn't the Blues guy is it?
No, this is the ex-Black Panther (!)
Old 2nd November 2016, 08:18 AM   #350
Jrrarglblarg

TrumpTrooper Report: Participant Observation of voting activities.

Election Watcher Training at County Republican HQ.
Location: Vacant white-tile-floor unit in a stripmall with campaign signs and posters taped to the glass.

Time: about ten minutes before I got there. There was a wait at the grownup store. I parked in a dark spot and took a big hit off a "preroll" and strolled in, worn green fatigue coat with a zoom recorder in the pocket under my arm.

Trainer: a Republican Party lady in the county. Leather boots suggest she's in the horsy side of the county, up in the more pricy corner. Short practical hair. An election judge and experienced member of the team that help operate the front end desk part of the election in a team. They work in bipartisan two-person control of ballots and facilities at all times.

Content: mostly jibber jabber and war stories. Oh isn't she clever, how she helps the other judges with the difficult voters. See, the judges look up the voter in the book, and then hand them a ballot or what not, and it's gotten complicated because we have mail in ballots and election day.

End result: I am scheduled for Wednesday at the county office in town, Saturday at the county clerks' and on the 8th I'm in for the slog with the overnight team of judges counting. They, the judges counting, will apparently break off at 4am and resume in the morning if the workload looks preposterous at that point, but if it's only a couple of hours they'll stay through.

Duties: I can watch some stuff, but the only person I can talk to is a lead judge of the election judges on location. I can challenge a voter's right to vote on three criteria: citizenship, residency, and age. Anything I question earns me paperwork, hooray, which I may fill out while screenpeeking at some device or another. I'll understand the mechanics of the process better after I've observed it from 10 to 2.

Credentials provided on completion: certificate of completion of secretary of state's online class, and a certificate of appointment and oath of watcher (form 700) with my name spelled wrong. I don't know if that's because the person issuing me the form 700, the county party chairman, is a dope or if misspelling my name is an illuminati code signal that I showed up late, obviously high, and dressed and equipped like a cliche 70s infiltrator. I did make sure my "eat the rich" button was off my jacket before I left the house and decided not to turn on the recorder before I went in. But I left the page with a drawing labeled "reactor" up on my spiral notebook and had to flip that.

Sat next to the youngest guy in the room.
Max: sullen, or maybe shy, or maybe on the spectrum or maybe all of the above. Dark hair, mullet, from New Jersey. Probably conspiracy theorist. No tv. Anti computers?

Last edited by Jrrarglblarg; 2nd November 2016 at 08:20 AM.
Old 2nd November 2016, 08:29 AM   #351
Trebuchet
Penultimate Amazing

Congratulations. You are now going to be an official, proper sort of poll watcher. The kind they have everywhere, but not the sort the loonier trumpers are looking for. Do you have cammo fatuiges and an AR-15?
Old 2nd November 2016, 08:36 AM   #352
Spindrift
Time Person of the Year, 2006

I suggest you question every blond haired, blue eyed person. "They look Swedish. How do we know they are here legally?"
Spindrift is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd November 2016, 08:58 AM   #353
NoahFence
Banned

How about a white T shirt that says "CHOOSE LIFE"
NoahFence is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd November 2016, 09:01 AM   #354
LSSBB
Devilish Dictionarian

Originally Posted by Spindrift View Post
I suggest you question every blond haired, blue eyed person. "They look Swedish. How do we know they are here legally?"
Spotting the Canadians will be the biggest challenge.
Old 2nd November 2016, 09:05 AM   #355
Trebuchet
Penultimate Amazing

Spotting the Canadians will be the biggest challenge.
Nah, not a problem. Just bump into them. If they say "excuse me, so sorry" even when it's your fault, they're Canadian. Kick them out. In fact, don't let them in unless they pull a handgun and begin screaming at you. Those are the Trump voters.
Old 2nd November 2016, 10:12 AM   #356
logger
Banned

Originally Posted by Trebuchet View Post
Nah, not a problem. Just bump into them. If they say "excuse me, so sorry" even when it's your fault, they're Canadian. Kick them out. In fact, don't let them in unless they pull a handgun and begin screaming at you. Those are the Trump voters.
Lol
The reality of being left.
Old 2nd November 2016, 11:04 AM   #357
ponderingturtle
Orthogonal Vector

http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/v...hurch-43245628

Vote Trump!
ponderingturtle is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd November 2016, 11:06 AM   #358
fuelair
Banned

Originally Posted by jimbob View Post
You say that like you think it is a bad thing... and that you think Muslims do and not Christians.

Which is odd, given your posting history.
Posting history??? Posting history??? He don't need no steeenkin' postin' history!!!!!!!!
fuelair is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd November 2016, 11:07 AM   #359
dudalb
Penultimate Amazing

If Trump wins, I am expecteing a huge uptick in violence directed at minorities.

Robert Heinlein.
dudalb is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd November 2016, 11:07 AM   #360
fuelair
Banned

Originally Posted by ponderingturtle View Post
Eat his dumps!!!!
fuelair is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics