ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Old 8th August 2019, 06:22 AM   #121
phiwum
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by BobTheCoward View Post
Antifa would assert in their history they have killed many, many more people. They say things like they are the extension of world war 2. So the bombing of germany is on them.
That's nice, Bob. A real contribution. Very relevant.
phiwum is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th August 2019, 06:39 AM   #122
I Am The Scum
Illuminator

I like how we keep going back further in time to smear the left. We'll be weighing in on the crusades by page 12.
I Am The Scum is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th August 2019, 06:43 AM   #123
The Great Zaganza
Maledictorian

To be fair to Bob, I would get nervous if an Antifa group would get their hands on a fully loaded-up bomber.
Old 8th August 2019, 06:57 AM   #124
Mumbles
Philosopher

Originally Posted by dudalb View Post
If the Anti Fascist have a Soviet/Mao ideology..as some of them do...., you are damn right I don't see much difference. The Gulag in the end is no better then the Concentration Camps.
Far as I can tell, the overwhelming majority Antifa-affiliated folks despise the Soviet Union and Mao, and sneer at "tankies" that act as apologists for either of the above. The guys that actually rush out to fight (and break windows, and start trash fires), especially hate them, since anarchists don't get on well with dictators in theory.
Mumbles is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th August 2019, 07:55 AM   #125
I Am The Scum
Illuminator

If we're really gonna play the few bad apples... card, then do I get to write off the entirety of the conservative electorate as racists?

Overall, it doesn't make sense to me, but we should remain consistent.
I Am The Scum is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th August 2019, 07:57 AM   #126
d4m10n
Illuminator

Originally Posted by thaiboxerken View Post
Since when is having a kill list of people to shoot part of the political left?
Since around 1977 at the latest.

I still have lefty friends making “come the revolution” jokes to this very day, and that despite stated commitments to something rather like pacifism.
d4m10n is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th August 2019, 08:34 AM   #127
ponderingturtle
Orthogonal Vector

Nice Dodge.
BStrong was showing that the extreme left can be just as violent as the extreme right...something a lot of people here have trouble accepting.

From roughly 1970 to 1980 there were a number of left wing terrorist groups trying to wage "revolutionary Guerilla warfare " in the US. The SLA is the most notorious because of the massive media coverage of the Patti Hearst Kidnapping, although a Puerto Rican Radical group the FALN was a lot deadlier..they racked up the biggest body count.
Strongly recommend this book by Bryan Burroughs "Days Of Rage" on that topic; he wrote "Public Enemies" the best book on the John Dillenger era outlaw gangs of the 1930's.

https://www.amazon.com/Days-Rage-Und...=UTF8&qid=&sr=

You know, nothing drives me more crazy on a site of alleged "critical thinkers" then the double standard so many have: their belief the evil exists ONLY on the side they oppose.
If ...heaven forbid...Trump gets back in I fully expected some of the extreme left to go the SLA/Weather Underground route.
Even then how did that compare to right wing killings by those like the KKK and such?

I know the commies at Greensboro had it coming that is why the police worked with the KKK to kill them on their unamerican death to the klan march.
ponderingturtle is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th August 2019, 08:38 AM   #128
ponderingturtle
Orthogonal Vector

Oh really?
You can ask Tim McVeigh about how gently we treat right wing terrorists.
Or the guy who drove the truck into the demonstrators on Charlottesville, and who will spend the rest of his life in the slammer.
Stop trying to claim offically lone nuts as if it was a response to right wing terror. The perpetrators get prosecuted but the movement of course does not for a large variety of reasons. Unlike the lefties who always had plenty of law enforcement going after them, the good right wing types frequently worked hand in glove with law enforcement. So then I guess Klan murders don't count, they were found not guilty and worked with local law enforcement so clearly not terrorism.
ponderingturtle is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th August 2019, 08:40 AM   #129
ponderingturtle
Orthogonal Vector

Originally Posted by Brainster View Post
Antifa and White Supremacists are equally idiots in my book and neither is likely to get anywhere, but Antifa can rely on useful idiots who will refuse to accept any equivalence between the two groups of thuggish buffoons.
Yep people protesting nazi's are just as bad as nazis. Like how Robot Santa in Futurama viewed the mob demanding extortion money and the shop owner not paying the extortion money as equally bad. Nazis are bad but being up set by nazis is just as bad.
Old 8th August 2019, 08:42 AM   #130
ponderingturtle
Orthogonal Vector

Originally Posted by phiwum View Post
There have been a number of mass shootings by white supremacists. I don't know of any similar acts by Antifa-inspired folk. (There was, of course, the ballpark shooting of Steve Scalise, but I don't know that the shooter was influenced by Antifa.)
And there is a difference between targeted political assassinations and mass violence against the people as well.
Old 8th August 2019, 08:43 AM   #131
Belz...
Fiend God

Originally Posted by uke2se View Post
One of us has blinders. The other clearly sees the difference between the extreme left and extreme right and isn't bound by a need to be an enlightened centrist.
Gods, you really hate centrists, don't you?

"My views are nonsense. So what?" - BobTheCoward

Belz... is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th August 2019, 08:46 AM   #132
Belz...
Fiend God

Not surprised by this response. Extremist always hate moderated more then they do other extremists.
Bingo. In fact, the very idea that they exist is counter-intuitive to them:

Originally Posted by uke2se View Post
What kind of extremist are you then?
Hell, he doesn't even know what the word means:

Quote:
If you were trying to say that the left doesn't like centrists, you would be correct. We don't like you guys because historically, you always tend to support the fascists.

Belz... is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th August 2019, 08:47 AM   #133
Belz...
Fiend God

Originally Posted by I Am The Scum View Post
A week ago, Republican lawmakers were calling for a group to be declared a terrorist organization. Remind me, was it the group represented by the driver, or the group represented by his victims?
I don't think many would describe the GOP as "centrist".

Old 8th August 2019, 08:48 AM   #134
ponderingturtle
Orthogonal Vector

If we're really gonna play the few bad apples... card, then do I get to write off the entirety of the conservative electorate as racists?

Overall, it doesn't make sense to me, but we should remain consistent.
That worked pretty well for conservatives until 2016. When you choose to be lead by a clear racist it becomes hard to distance yourself from them unlike a group that the sole unifying factor is a dislike of white supremacists and fascists.
Old 8th August 2019, 08:49 AM   #135
BStrong
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by PhantomWolf View Post
It's a bit of a worry when you need to go back over 45 years to find an answer
I bet it's more of a problem for the folks that claim a "We of The White Hats" defense on either side of the left/right divide.

Here's some more examples:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MOVE

MOVE is a black liberation group founded in 1972 in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania by John Africa (born Vincent Leaphart) and Donald Glassey, a social worker from the University of Pennsylvania. The name is not an acronym. The group lived in a communal setting in West Philadelphia, abiding by philosophies of anarcho-primitivism.[1] The group combined revolutionary ideology, similar to that of the Black Panthers, with work for animal rights.

The group is particularly known for two major conflicts with the Philadelphia Police Department. In 1978, a standoff resulted in the death of one police officer, injuries to several other people, and life sentences for nine members who were convicted of killing the officer.

In 1985, another confrontation ended when a police helicopter dropped a bomb on the MOVE compound, a row house in the middle of the 6200 block of Osage Avenue. The resulting fire killed eleven MOVE members, including five children, and destroyed 65 houses in the neighborhood.[2] The survivors later filed a civil suit against the city and the police department, and were awarded $1.5 million in a 1996 settlement.[3]

SF '70:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/San_Fr...tation_bombing

The San Francisco Police Department Park Station bombing occurred on February 16, 1970, when a pipe bomb filled with shrapnel detonated on the ledge of a window at the San Francisco Police Department's Upper Haight Park substation.[1] Brian V. McDonnell, a police sergeant, was fatally wounded in its blast.[2] Robert Fogarty, another police officer, was severely wounded in his face and legs and was partially blinded.[3] In addition, eight other police officers were wounded.[1]

According to the San Francisco Chronicle, "Investigators in the early '70s said the bombing likely was the work of the Weather Underground, and not the Black Liberation Army, which was implicated in the Ingleside attack."[1]

An investigation was reopened in 1999. A San Francisco grand jury looked into the incident, but the results were not immediately made public.[1][4] Secret federal grand juries were convened in 2001 and again in 2009 to re-open the Park Precinct cold case in an attempt to again tie WUO members to the deadly bombing. Ultimately, it was concluded that members of the Black Liberation Army, whom WUO members affiliated with while underground, were responsible for not only this action but also the bombing of another police precinct in San Francisco as well as bombing the Catholic Church funeral services of the police officer killed in the Park Precinct bombing in the early summer of 1970.[5]

SF '71:

https://www.nytimes.com/2007/01/24/us/24frisco.html

SAN FRANCISCO, Jan. 23 — Eight men, including seven described as members of the radical Black Liberation Army, were arrested on Tuesday on charges of murdering a police officer here in 1971 and waging a violent five-year battle against the police and federal authorities.

The arrests, in morning raids in California, Florida and New York capped an investigation by San Francisco police into the murder of Sgt. John V. Young, who was killed by a shotgun at a desk in the Ingleside stationhouse on Aug. 29, 1971.

A civilian clerk was wounded.

Is this recent enough? no deaths other than the actor, but this guy wasn't a right-winger:

https://www.seattletimes.com/seattle...ention-center/

Early Saturday morning, that man, Willem Van Spronsen of Vashon Island, returned to the Northwest Detention Center, the holding facility for the U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement, this time armed with a rifle and incendiary devices, according to Tacoma police.

Police said Van Spronsen tossed lit objects at vehicles and buildings, causing one car fire, and unsuccessfully tried to ignite a propane tank.

Officers were called by an ICE employee who saw the rifle. Soon after they arrived, officers reported “shots fired,” said Tacoma police spokeswoman Loretta Cool, although it is unclear who fired first or if Van Spronsen fired at all. The Pierce County Medical Examiner’s Office classified his death as a homicide.

Further:

https://www.lawenforcementtoday.com/...ention-center/

“I regret that I will miss the rest of the revolution,” Van Spronsen reportedly wrote. “Doing what I can to help defend my precious and wondrous people is an experience too rich to describe. I am Antifa.”

“I strongly encourage comrades and incoming comrades to arm themselves,” he wrote.

"Dulce bellum inexpertīs." - Erasmus
BStrong is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th August 2019, 08:53 AM   #136
TragicMonkey
Poisoned Waffles

Okay. It's 2019. We're equally threatened by mass shootings that occurred this week and terrorist bank robberies that occurred forty and fifty years ago. We're also at risk from East German spies.
Old 8th August 2019, 08:57 AM   #137
I Am The Scum
Illuminator

Originally Posted by TragicMonkey View Post
Okay. It's 2019. We're equally threatened by mass shootings that occurred this week and terrorist bank robberies that occurred forty and fifty years ago.
Time travelers are a very under-represented minority.
Old 8th August 2019, 08:59 AM   #138
ponderingturtle
Orthogonal Vector

Originally Posted by BStrong View Post
I bet it's more of a problem for the folks that claim a "We of The White Hats" defense on either side of the left/right divide.

Here's some more examples:
In terms of deaths from that era all those are beat out easily by just the Greensboro massacre though I guess that doesn't count because that was done with the blessing of the police.

So even then it seems right wing violence had a vastly higher body count.
Old 8th August 2019, 09:04 AM   #139
BStrong
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by ponderingturtle View Post
In terms of deaths from that era all those are beat out easily by just the Greensboro massacre though I guess that doesn't count because that was done with the blessing of the police.

So even then it seems right wing violence had a vastly higher body count.
When one has to argue that one brand name of political idiocy is better than the other brand name of political idiocy based on body count, the discussion doesn't amount to much.

My pov is that you could hang the Greensboro murderers and the BLA murderers from the same tree - I'd have no objection.

BStrong is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th August 2019, 09:10 AM   #140
ponderingturtle
Orthogonal Vector

When one has to argue that one brand name of political idiocy is better than the other brand name of political idiocy based on body count, the discussion doesn't amount to much.

My pov is that you could hang the Greensboro murderers and the BLA murderers from the same tree - I'd have no objection.
And we should have done the same with those boston tea party terrorists. Really destroying private property as a protest against the government? Hang them all. That should be something america needs to live down rather than celebrate.

But the fact is that while there was some left wing terrorism in the west 50 years ago or so it was never at the level of right wing even then. But of course it is only fighting left wing terrorism that gets any traction.
Old 8th August 2019, 09:25 AM   #141
BStrong
Penultimate Amazing

non-jumping jive snipped.

But the fact is that while there was some left wing terrorism in the west 50 years ago or so it was never at the level of right wing even then. But of course it is only fighting left wing terrorism that gets any traction.
The Tacoma incident was in July this year. The actor, like other mental defectives that have lately picked up a firearm, wrote his manifesto. If his intent isn't clear to you that's not my problem.

Old 8th August 2019, 09:32 AM   #142
ponderingturtle
Orthogonal Vector

The Tacoma incident was in July this year. The actor, like other mental defectives that have lately picked up a firearm, wrote his manifesto. If his intent isn't clear to you that's not my problem.
Yea I get it violence is only acceptable political tactic in destroying property when it is private property protesting tariffs. So we can have a second boston tea party throwing chinese steel into the bay and everyone would support that as legitimate protest but get in the way of the concentration camps and that is right out.

We need to accept that we are a nation founded by terrorists and as such a certain amount of terrorism has to be viewed as legitimate.

But yea destroying government property and threatening federal workers is only OK and gets you good press when you are on the right wing like the Bundies. FOx loved him when he was just pointing guns at feds, nothing really wrong with that clearly at least when one is on the right.
Old 8th August 2019, 11:16 AM   #143
BStrong
Penultimate Amazing

Yea I get it violence is only acceptable political tactic in destroying property when it is private property protesting tariffs. So we can have a second boston tea party throwing chinese steel into the bay and everyone would support that as legitimate protest but get in the way of the concentration camps and that is right out.

We need to accept that we are a nation founded by terrorists and as such a certain amount of terrorism has to be viewed as legitimate.

But yea destroying government property and threatening federal workers is only OK and gets you good press when you are on the right wing like the Bundies. FOx loved him when he was just pointing guns at feds, nothing really wrong with that clearly at least when one is on the right.
Those goal posts just ran off the field.

Better go up thread for the post citing the fact that the SLA murder of Marcus Foster happened 50 years ago, thereby dismissing the point.

Going back 246 years to make a point? hmmm

Old 8th August 2019, 11:40 AM   #144
ponderingturtle
Orthogonal Vector

Those goal posts just ran off the field.

Better go up thread for the post citing the fact that the SLA murder of Marcus Foster happened 50 years ago, thereby dismissing the point.

Going back 246 years to make a point? hmmm
Hey it is about what is acceptable as a political protest, we are happy and celebrate the destruction of private property as a protest against taxes. I know the police were right to stop the march on selma too, what with them not having a permit. That made them all criminals and the police needed to restore order.

The thing is that that kind of attack gets lauded but only when you actually care about the people involved. Nope let them die like the recent death of the Iraqi man who never lived in Iraq. Yep his death is a victory for the US and anyone trying to save him would be a criminal. Self defense and the defense of others is always so subjective about when they deserve to die vs when they can be defended.
Old 8th August 2019, 11:54 AM   #145
I Am The Scum
Illuminator

Dayton Shooter pt. 3 - page 48

"Actually, Cain voted for Hillary right after he killed Abel."
Old 8th August 2019, 11:56 AM   #146
SuburbanTurkey
Graduate Poster

Everyone here is afraid to ask the hard question, sacred cows and all that. I'm not a coward, so I'll just go ahead and say it.

Reports say shooter preferred Coke over Pepsi. What does that say about America's favorite fizzy drink?\

BOTH SIDES!!!!1!!
Old 9th August 2019, 01:51 PM   #147
thaiboxerken
Penultimate Amazing

I'm wondering what the political motive the Dayton shooter supposedly had. Maybe the lefts' hate of dancing and fun?
All national institutions of churches, whether Jewish, Christian or Turkish, appear to me no other than human inventions, set up to terrify and enslave mankind, and monopolize power & profit - Thomas Paine
thaiboxerken is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th August 2019, 01:00 PM   #148
mgidm86
Philosopher

This thread:

Quote:
My dick need no introduction
Your dick don't even function
My dick served a whole luncheon
Your dick, it look like a munchkin

My dick, size of a pumpkin
Your dick look like Macaulay Culkin
My dick, good good lovin'
Your dick, good for nothin'

My dick bench pressed three fifty
Your dick couldn't shoplift at Thrifty
My dick, pretty damn skimpy
Your dick, hungry as a hippie
Old 10th August 2019, 01:16 PM   #149
Safe-Keeper
Philosopher

I suppose the trumpkins are so entrenched and too deeply ensconsed in their echo chambers to fathom someone having "two thoughts in the head at the same time", as we Scandis say. You can't have both left-leaning and right-leaning stances -- if you have a single leftist thought, you must be a feminazi socialist cuck who hates Trump.

It's impossible to, say, believe AGW is a threat and that gays should be allowed to marry, and at the same time think Trump is a fine president and that immigration is bad for America.
Old 10th August 2019, 01:38 PM   #150
TellyKNeasuss
Master Poster

I had a friend in high school who was fond of saying that the political spectrum should be thought of as a horseshoe rather than as a line, because extremists on the left and extremists on the right have more in common with each other than they do with those closer to the center. Even though I think that the stated goals of the radical leftist organizations of the 60's and 70's were in general more noble the current goals of the ultra right, I don't think that their acts of violence were justified.

TellyKNeasuss is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th August 2019, 03:01 PM   #151
Venom
Master Poster

Originally Posted by TellyKNeasuss View Post
I had a friend in high school who was fond of saying that the political spectrum should be thought of as a horseshoe rather than as a line, because extremists on the left and extremists on the right have more in common with each other than they do with those closer to the center. Even though I think that the stated goals of the radical leftist organizations of the 60's and 70's were in general more noble the current goals of the ultra right, I don't think that their acts of violence were justified.
Which ones are you comparing.

Japanese Red Army and PLFP for instance would give any current "ultra right" group a run for their money, imo.

Well.... that's assuming none of the ultra right today want a Nazi-style extermination of their enemies.
Venom is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th August 2019, 07:21 PM   #152
Roger Ramjets
Illuminator

Originally Posted by Safe-Keeper View Post
You can't have both left-leaning and right-leaning stances -- if you have a single leftist thought, you must be a feminazi socialist cuck who hates Trump.
Correct. You are either with us or against us.

Quote:
It's impossible to, say, believe AGW is a threat and that gays should be allowed to marry, and at the same time think Trump is a fine president and that immigration is bad for America.
Again you are correct. thinking that Trump is a fine president and that immigration is bad for America is just common sense. But believing AGW is a threat proves you are a liberal - and therefore evil. Being tainted with even one liberal idea makes you no different from a far-left terrorist (who are everywhere, waiting for us to drop our guard so they can slit our throats!).

But why must this be true? Because there are no right-right shooters who were motivated by Trump. They are all liberals - they have to be. That is why it is so important to find at least one 'liberal' idea that they had.

When we elected Trump some liberals said "you bought him, you own him!". Well we won't. We will support everything he does and help him promote racism and misogyny and xenophobia and wacky economics without taking any responsibility for the results - because we are the Deplorables!
Old 10th August 2019, 07:42 PM   #153
ChrisBFRPKY
Illuminator

I posted this elsewhere a few years back so it's not up to date but here's a list that covers US high profile shootings up to the year 2013, Lest we forget due to media burial of relevant information....Please feel free to personally verify all posted information is indeed factual and accurate.

In 1865 a Democrat shot and killed Abraham Lincoln, President of the United States.
In 1881 a left wing radical Democrat shot James Garfield, President of the United States , who later died from the wound.
In 1963 a radical left wing socialist shot and killed John F. Kennedy, President of the United States.
In 1975 a left wing radical Democrat fired shots at Gerald Ford, President of the United States.
In 1983 a registered Democrat shot and wounded Ronald Reagan, President of the United States.
In 1984 James Hubert, a disgruntled Democrat, shot and killed 22 people in a McDonalds restaurant.
In 1986 Patrick Sherrill, a disgruntled Democrat, shot and killed 15 people in an Oklahoma post office.
In 1990 James Pough, a disgruntled Democrat, shot and killed 10 people at a GMAC office.
In 1991 George Hennard, a disgruntled Democrat, shot and killed 23 people in a Luby's cafeteria in Killeen , TX.
In 1995 James Daniel Simpson, a disgruntled Democrat, shot and killed 5 coworkers in a Texas laboratory.
In 1999 Larry Asbrook, a disgruntled Democrat, shot and killed 8 people at a church service.
In 2001 a left wing radical Democrat fired shots at the White House in a failed attempt to kill George W. Bush, President of the US.
In 2003 Douglas Williams, a disgruntled Democrat, shot and killed 7 people at a Lockheed Martin plant.
In 2007 a registered Democrat named Seung - Hui Cho, shot and killed 32 people in Virginia Tech.
In 2010 a mentally ill registered Democrat named Jared Lee Loughner, shot Rep. Gabrielle Giffords and killed 6 others.
In 2011 a registered Democrat named James Holmes, went into a movie theater and shot and killed 12 people.
In 2012 Andrew Engeldinger, a disgruntled Democrat, shot and killed 7 people in Minneapolis.
In 2013 a registered Democrat named Adam Lanza, shot and killed 26 people in a school in Newtown , CT.
In Sept 2013, an angry Democrat shot 12 at a Navy ship yard.

Clearly, there is a problem with Democrats and guns.

Not one NRA member, Tea Party member, or Republican conservative was involved in any of these shootings and murders.

Chris B.
“Racism is evil, and those who cause violence in its name are criminals and thugs, including the KKK, neo-Nazis, white supremacists, and other hate groups that are repugnant to everything we hold dear as Americans.” President Donald John Trump
ChrisBFRPKY is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th August 2019, 07:53 PM   #154
Steve
Philosopher

Originally Posted by ChrisBFRPKY View Post
I posted this elsewhere a few years back so it's not up to date but here's a list that covers US high profile shootings up to the year 2013, Lest we forget due to media burial of relevant information....Please feel free to personally verify all posted information is indeed factual and accurate.

In 1865 a Democrat shot and killed Abraham Lincoln, President of the United States.
In 1881 a left wing radical Democrat shot James Garfield, President of the United States , who later died from the wound.
In 1963 a radical left wing socialist shot and killed John F. Kennedy, President of the United States.
In 1975 a left wing radical Democrat fired shots at Gerald Ford, President of the United States.
In 1983 a registered Democrat shot and wounded Ronald Reagan, President of the United States.
In 1984 James Hubert, a disgruntled Democrat, shot and killed 22 people in a McDonalds restaurant.
In 1986 Patrick Sherrill, a disgruntled Democrat, shot and killed 15 people in an Oklahoma post office.
In 1990 James Pough, a disgruntled Democrat, shot and killed 10 people at a GMAC office.
In 1991 George Hennard, a disgruntled Democrat, shot and killed 23 people in a Luby's cafeteria in Killeen , TX.
In 1995 James Daniel Simpson, a disgruntled Democrat, shot and killed 5 coworkers in a Texas laboratory.
In 1999 Larry Asbrook, a disgruntled Democrat, shot and killed 8 people at a church service.
In 2001 a left wing radical Democrat fired shots at the White House in a failed attempt to kill George W. Bush, President of the US.
In 2003 Douglas Williams, a disgruntled Democrat, shot and killed 7 people at a Lockheed Martin plant.
In 2007 a registered Democrat named Seung - Hui Cho, shot and killed 32 people in Virginia Tech.
In 2010 a mentally ill registered Democrat named Jared Lee Loughner, shot Rep. Gabrielle Giffords and killed 6 others.
In 2011 a registered Democrat named James Holmes, went into a movie theater and shot and killed 12 people.
In 2012 Andrew Engeldinger, a disgruntled Democrat, shot and killed 7 people in Minneapolis.
In 2013 a registered Democrat named Adam Lanza, shot and killed 26 people in a school in Newtown , CT.

Not one NRA member, Tea Party member, or Republican conservative was involved in any of these shootings and murders.

Chris B.
Of course your next post will contain convincing evidence that all of those you claim to be Democrats actually are, or were. Until you do that your post is not worth the pixels used to display it.
Old 10th August 2019, 08:10 PM   #155
Steve
Philosopher

Dupe

Last edited by Steve; 10th August 2019 at 08:13 PM. Reason: Dupe
Steve is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th August 2019, 08:16 PM   #156
I Am The Scum
Illuminator

You should stop uncritically reposting nonsense that your grandpa fwd: fwd: fwd: forwards to you.
Old 10th August 2019, 08:32 PM   #157
Venom
Master Poster

Chris B.
I'm not gonna doubt the most recent shootings at least. Let's just assume you're right. But this goes to show how unhelpful it is to simply look at a mass killer or terrorist's political orientation. I think personality traits like malignant narcissism are the main drivers.

Seung Hui Cho for example might have been a registered Democrat but if you've actually seen his manifesto and behavior just before the shooting he was, like many mass killers, sexually frustrated and had major contempt for the social elites.

I don't know what Democratic Party cause or even talking point he was fighting for.

Newtown attack was in Dec 2012.
Venom is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th August 2019, 08:34 PM   #158
I Am The Scum
Illuminator

Originally Posted by Venom View Post
I'm not gonna doubt the most recent shootings
Spotted your first mistake
Old 10th August 2019, 08:37 PM   #159
Venom
Master Poster

Spotted your first mistake
Probably.

I have a (bad) habit of skimming through lists.
Old 10th August 2019, 08:40 PM   #160
phiwum
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Venom View Post
I'm not gonna doubt the most recent shootings at least. Let's just assume you're right. But this goes to show how unhelpful it is to simply look at a mass killer or terrorist's political orientation. I think personality traits like malignant narcissism are the main drivers.

Seung Hui Cho for example might have been a registered Democrat but if you've actually seen his manifesto and behavior just before the shooting he was, like many mass killers, sexually frustrated and had major contempt for the social elites.

I don't know what Democratic Party cause or even talking point he was fighting for.

Newtown attack was in Dec 2012.
Seung Hui Cho wasn't even a citizen, much less a registered Democrat.
phiwum is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics