ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags Jeffrey Epstein

Old 10th August 2019, 06:26 AM   #1
fitzgibbon
Master Poster

Epstein suicide conspiracy theories

Betting the interwebz gonna be lousy with them right quick

Fitz
"Television is a circus, a carnival, a traveling troupe of acrobats, storytellers, dancers, singers, jugglers, side-show freaks, lion tamers, and football players. We're in the boredom-killing business! So if you want the truth... Go to God!"
Howard Beale, "Network"
fitzgibbon is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th August 2019, 06:30 AM   #2
Trebuchet
Penultimate Amazing

Obviously Killary disguised herself as a guard and done him in!
Old 10th August 2019, 06:31 AM   #3
Vixen
Penultimate Amazing

Prince Andrew sent in the Paris Tunnel 'hit squad'.
Old 10th August 2019, 06:43 AM   #4
Spektator
Watching . . . always watching.

Trump leaves the White House for a "golfing holiday" and his "old buddy" "commits suicide?" "Many people" are saying the timing is so "suspicious" it deserves scare "quotes."
Spektator is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th August 2019, 06:59 AM   #5
llwyd
Critical Thinker

Well, anyway, it's good to have a closure for this unpleasant business. We can now move on to actually pressing matters.
llwyd is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th August 2019, 07:03 AM   #6
GlennB
Loggerheaded, earth-vexing fustilarian

Originally Posted by Vixen View Post
Prince Andrew sent in the Paris Tunnel 'hit squad'.
That was going to be my 'joke'.
Old 10th August 2019, 07:04 AM   #7
JoeMorgue
Self Employed
Remittance Man

There were Epstein suicide conspiracy theories before Epstein committed suicide.
JoeMorgue is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th August 2019, 07:05 AM   #8
llwyd
Critical Thinker

Originally Posted by llwyd View Post
Well, anyway, it's good to have a closure for this unpleasant business. We can now move on to actually pressing matters.
Btw, as most readers are American, I have to explain that this was slightly snarkish. Not that the suicide couldn't have been genuine, most probably it is, but at the same time I suspect it was a bit of a Christmas gift for many people. But in this fallen world bad people tend to get Christmas gifts without any devilish conspiracies being necessary.
llwyd is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th August 2019, 07:18 AM   #9
The Great Zaganza
Maledictorian

I'll be even more disappointed if this is the end of the investigation.
I hope they can find his money so the victims can sue for some.
Old 10th August 2019, 08:08 AM   #10
dann
Philosopher

He had reason to kill himself. As long as the photos and tapes from his safe are safe and secure, I wouldn't give credence to conspiracy theories. However, if they suddenly disappear, it becomes much more likely that his alleged suicide may have been 'assisted' by his "powerful friends".

YouTube Video This video is not hosted by the ISF. The ISF can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website.
I AGREE
"Stupidity renders itself invisible by assuming very large proportions. Completely unreasonable claims are irrefutable. Ni-en-leh pointed out that a philosopher might get into trouble by claiming that two times two makes five, but he does not risk much by claiming that two times two makes shoe polish." B. Brecht
"The abolition of religion as the illusory happiness of the people is required for their real happiness. The demand to give up the illusion about its condition is the demand to give up a condition which needs illusions." K. Marx

Last edited by dann; 10th August 2019 at 08:10 AM.
dann is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th August 2019, 10:48 AM   #11
Allen773
Graduate Poster

Great, now *everyone* across the political spectrum is a conspiracy theorist.
Allen773 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th August 2019, 10:55 AM   #12
rgsalinger
New Blood

The British Royal Family had the most to lose here.
rgsalinger is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th August 2019, 10:56 AM   #13
Allen773
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by rgsalinger View Post
Are you saying that LaRouche was right?!
Allen773 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th August 2019, 01:13 PM   #14
dudalb
Penultimate Amazing

You are already have some people here at ISF,who normally treat conspiracy theories with contempt , who are pushing this one because they hate Trump so much.
I don''t like Donny any more then they do, but I am going to need solid evidence before I scream Conspiracy.
It is going to be a test of how skeptical some people really are;If they are willing to apply the same skepticism they apply to Conspiracy Theories in general to one they would like to beleive for political reasons.

Robert Heinlein.

Last edited by dudalb; 10th August 2019 at 01:16 PM.
dudalb is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th August 2019, 01:14 PM   #15
dudalb
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by rgsalinger View Post
Gee, Lyndon, you still alive......

Robert Heinlein.
dudalb is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th August 2019, 01:39 PM   #16
The Great Zaganza
Maledictorian

The Trump-Epstein deals should be investigated, but I don't see a lot of indication that Trump would be particularly interested in underage girls- women are a status symbol for him, something to be displayed. What's the point of having sex with a 15 year old when you can't brag about?
Old 10th August 2019, 01:57 PM   #17
dudalb
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by The Great Zaganza View Post
The Trump-Epstein deals should be investigated, but I don't see a lot of indication that Trump would be particularly interested in underage girls- women are a status symbol for him, something to be displayed. What's the point of having sex with a 15 year old when you can't brag about?
Oh, the Trump/Epstein link should be througly investigated, I just think that accusing Trump of having Epstein murdered is something that shoulld not be done without a lot of proof then Ihave seen so far.
Sadlu, though , a couple of people here who should really no better are letting their understandable loathing for Trump really overcome their common sense.

Robert Heinlein.
Old 10th August 2019, 02:00 PM   #18
smartcooky
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by smartcooky View Post
Hmm, suicide Eh?

A likely story. I wonder who put the hit out on him?
Originally Posted by BobTheCoward View Post
This is a joke right?

I'm not dismissing the idea that it was suicide, it may well have been.

What I AM saying is that this is veeeeery convenient for a helluva lot of powerful and well connected people who would surely have been crapping themselves that Epstein would roll over on them. His death is a gift from Heaven for them, and exactly what they would have been hoping for.

There is still a lot of documentary evidence in the possession of the Feds. Hopefully, that will name names, but if that evidence suddenly goes missing, then I have little doubt that we will have a full blown cover up on our hands.

ETA: And for the avoidance of doubt, much as I despise Donald Trump, I do not believe he was in any way involved in Epstein's depraved activities.

Last edited by smartcooky; 10th August 2019 at 02:02 PM.
smartcooky is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th August 2019, 02:45 PM   #19
dann
Philosopher

I do not believe he was in any way involved in Epstein's depraved activities.

Neither do I, but I also wouldn't be shocked if he turned out to be in some way:

"He's a lot of fun to be with. It is even said that he likes beautiful women as much as I do, and many of them are on the younger side." (Trump, 2002)

What's the point of Trump's "It is even said ..." in 2002 when we have seen the footage of Trump and Epstein in 1992?
"Stupidity renders itself invisible by assuming very large proportions. Completely unreasonable claims are irrefutable. Ni-en-leh pointed out that a philosopher might get into trouble by claiming that two times two makes five, but he does not risk much by claiming that two times two makes shoe polish." B. Brecht
"The abolition of religion as the illusory happiness of the people is required for their real happiness. The demand to give up the illusion about its condition is the demand to give up a condition which needs illusions." K. Marx
dann is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th August 2019, 05:56 PM   #20
Horatius
NWO Kitty Wrangler

Originally Posted by Allen773 View Post
Great, now *everyone* across the political spectrum is a conspiracy theorist.

On the bright side, this may be the event that re-unifies the country!
Old 10th August 2019, 06:06 PM   #21
Jan S
New Blood

I have a hard time believing that a rich man with a seemingly lot of info to cut a legal deal with would just kill himself in a very painful way at this early stage.
Jan S is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th August 2019, 06:19 PM   #22
JoeMorgue
Self Employed
Remittance Man

Conspiracy theories involving normal, sane people don't work because you can't keep stuff like that a secret.

Trump can't keep anything a secret.

That's why there is literally no chance that there's an alien body at Roswell. Trump would have had tweeted about it by now.
JoeMorgue is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th August 2019, 06:44 PM   #23
Axxman300
Illuminator

I'm not dismissing the idea that it was suicide, it may well have been.

What I AM saying is that this is veeeeery convenient for a helluva lot of powerful and well connected people who would surely have been crapping themselves that Epstein would roll over on them. His death is a gift from Heaven for them, and exactly what they would have been hoping for.

There is still a lot of documentary evidence in the possession of the Feds. Hopefully, that will name names, but if that evidence suddenly goes missing, then I have little doubt that we will have a full blown cover up on our hands.

ETA: And for the avoidance of doubt, much as I despise Donald Trump, I do not believe he was in any way involved in Epstein's depraved activities.
I'll wait for the investigation...but I think Epstein had only one way out and he took it. It's strange that he was not on suicide watch since he'd already tried once. I feel bad for the guards on that block because there will be 3 investigations to get to the bottom of this.

That said, Epstein and his girlfriend, Ghislaine Maxwell ran an organization that trafficked minors for sex across three continents for over 25 years. In addition to that he also appears to have built his fortune on ponzi schemes. Set aside his untimely death for a moment and one must admit Epstein was at the center of a highly successful CONSPIRACY (that's what the Federal charge is). This should be treated as an opportunity to get a close look at how the real thing is done. We're talking about a man with considerable money with equally wealthy "friends", and friends in high places.

The Feds issued a statement saying that they are not dropping the case and are asking for more witnesses, and victims to come forward.

Good riddance.
Old 10th August 2019, 08:38 PM   #24
Venom
Master Poster

for Christ's sake can't a guy just kill himself nowadays?
Venom is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th August 2019, 09:22 PM   #25
smartcooky
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Axxman300 View Post
That said, Epstein and his girlfriend, Ghislaine Maxwell ran an organization that trafficked minors for sex across three continents for over 25 years. In addition to that he also appears to have built his fortune on ponzi schemes.
I sincerely hope the Feds start turning the screws on her, really hard. She could be in possession of key and damning evidence.

Set aside his untimely death for a moment and one must admit Epstein was at the center of a highly successful CONSPIRACY (that's what the Federal charge is). This should be treated as an opportunity to get a close look at how the real thing is done. We're talking about a man with considerable money with equally wealthy "friends", and friends in high places.
100%

The Feds issued a statement saying that they are not dropping the case and are asking for more witnesses, and victims to come forward.
I hope so, but I am deeply suspicious of the DoJ under Barr. His performance as AG has been, frankly, corrupt. Barr is very much a conservative partisan - I have zero doubt that if there is the slightest hint of any Republican politician's names appearing in that investigation, he will shut it down pronto., and of course if Democrat politician's names come up, it will be all ahead full.

Good riddance.
Agree. The world is a better place without that sort of scum contaminating it.
smartcooky is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th August 2019, 09:36 PM   #26
The Atheist
The Grammar Tyrant

Originally Posted by Jan S View Post
I have a hard time believing that a rich man with a seemingly lot of info to cut a legal deal with would just kill himself in a very painful way at this early stage.
Mate, three years a member before your first post! Welcome in.

I think he was aware there were no deals to be cut this time. But yes, helluva convenient. Scalia x 1,000,000 is where this is headed.
Old 10th August 2019, 09:42 PM   #27
ShadowSot
Graduate Poster

I have trouble here.
To me, and it may not be rational, but in this instance I definitely can see the possibility, even probability of a conspiracy to quiet him.
No, not because of a hatred of Trump or Clinton.
Lots of powerful people had reason.
Now, there's supposed to be a lot of material apart from testimony thats available.
I hope so.
ShadowSot is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th August 2019, 09:58 PM   #28
ShadowSot
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by fitzgibbon View Post
Betting the interwebz gonna be lousy with them right quick

Fitz
Man I miss the days of the most nutty stuff being 911 trurhers, ancient alien types, and people thinking I was AugustusMasonicus
ShadowSot is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th August 2019, 10:05 PM   #29
Venom
Master Poster

Originally Posted by ShadowSot View Post
I have trouble here.
To me, and it may not be rational, but in this instance I definitely can see the possibility, even probability of a conspiracy to quiet him.
No, not because of a hatred of Trump or Clinton.
Lots of powerful people had reason.
Now, there's supposed to be a lot of material apart from testimony thats available.
I hope so.
I see as more likely the guy killed himself out of humiliation and shame, like a lot of people who commit suicide behind bars.
Venom is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th August 2019, 10:06 PM   #30
ShadowSot
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by Venom View Post
I see as more likely the guy killed himself out of humiliation and shame, like a lot of people who commit suicide behind bars.
OH it's definitely the more straightforward one. And it's simpler and more straightforward.
There's plenty of evidence to be presented in the case yet.
And he had plenty of reasons that would cause someone to commit suicide.
Old 10th August 2019, 10:07 PM   #31
Hans
Philosopher

[ctmode]...............how do we know he's actually DEAD. It may be a fake suicide to allow him to go into a wealthy and hidden 'retirement' far far away.....[/ctmode]
Hans is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th August 2019, 10:21 PM   #32
EHocking
Philosopher

I have one word for you - Ivanka.
You can't make up anything anymore. The world itself is a satire. All you're doing is recording it. Art Buchwald
EHocking is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th August 2019, 12:40 AM   #33
zorro99
Muse

https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...7a7_story.html

Even our president believes in conspiracy theories.
Old 11th August 2019, 12:50 AM   #34
Jimmy9
Scholar

Originally Posted by Hans View Post
[ctmode]...............how do we know he's actually DEAD. It may be a fake suicide to allow him to go into a wealthy and hidden 'retirement' far far away.....[/ctmode]
[debunkermode]... of course hes dead, someone would have talked, everyone knows people cant keep secrets [/debunkermode]

Until they become conscious, they will never rebel.
Jimmy9 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th August 2019, 01:40 AM   #35
The Atheist
The Grammar Tyrant

Originally Posted by zorro99 View Post
Even our president believes in conspiracy theories.
Considering his extreme pushing of the birther CT, it's not much of a surprise he's all over this one.
Old 11th August 2019, 02:04 AM   #36
The Great Zaganza
Maledictorian

Originally Posted by EHocking View Post
I have one word for you - Ivanka.
Ivanka is a status symbol without having to be a romantic interest.
Old 11th August 2019, 02:37 AM   #37
ShadowSot
Graduate Poster

What about him going into the changing rooms?
Old 11th August 2019, 03:06 AM   #38
Arcade22
Philosopher

The far-right wing crazies sure have been busy dusting off those old "Clinton Murders" crackpot conspiracy theories.
Old 11th August 2019, 03:54 AM   #39
smartcooky
Penultimate Amazing

Err, have you seen how he can't seem to keep his hands off her

Old 11th August 2019, 04:20 AM   #40
JoeMorgue
Self Employed
Remittance Man

Originally Posted by Hans View Post
Originally Posted by Jimmy9 View Post
[debunkermode]... of course hes dead, someone would have talked, everyone knows people cant keep secrets [/debunkermode]
*Scoffs* So you two actually think Epstein really existed?

Sheeple.

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories