ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Economics, Business and Finance

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Closed Thread
Old 16th November 2019, 08:39 AM   #5041
RoboTimbo
Hostile Nanobacon

Originally Posted by Gaetan View Post
These religions are in your culture of money and you love it.
What a weird and religiously dishonest non-sequitur. Religion is in YOUR culture, not mine. Is that why you have no concern for the welfare of the children that the religious abuse?
RoboTimbo is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 16th November 2019, 09:53 AM   #5042
abaddon
Penultimate Amazing

These religions are in your culture of money and you love it.
Wow. As the only one here that has caught the disease of religion, are you telling us that you are OK with systemic child abuse?

...love and buttercakes...
abaddon is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 16th November 2019, 12:39 PM   #5043
Gaetan
Illuminator

Originally Posted by abaddon View Post
Wow. As the only one here that has caught the disease of religion, are you telling us that you are OK with systemic child abuse?
My religion says that about child abuse:

Mt 18.6 Mais, si quelqu'un scandalisait un de ces petits qui croient en moi, il vaudrait mieux pour lui qu'on suspendît à son cou une meule de moulin, et qu'on le jetât au fond de la mer. 18.7 Malheur au monde à cause des scandales! Car il est nécessaire qu'il arrive des scandales; mais malheur à l'homme par qui le scandale arrive! 18.8 Si ta main ou ton pied est pour toi une occasion de chute, coupe-les et jette-les loin de toi; mieux vaut pour toi entrer dans la vie boiteux ou manchot, que d'avoir deux pieds ou deux mains et d'être jeté dans le feu éternel. 18.9 Et si ton oeil est pour toi une occasion de chute, arrache-le et jette-le loin de toi; mieux vaut pour toi entrer dans la vie, n'ayant qu'un oeil, que d'avoir deux yeux et d'être jeté dans le feu de la géhenne. 18.10 Gardez-vous de mépriser un seul de ces petits; car je vous dis que leurs anges dans les cieux voient continuellement la face de mon Père qui est dans les cieux. 18.11 Car le Fils de l'homme est venu sauver ce qui était perdu.

Then Child abuse and money is not in my religion, Salomon had hundreds of spouses, did you check out how old they were? i already put what my religion says about money.

Last edited by Gaetan; 16th November 2019 at 12:43 PM.
Gaetan is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 16th November 2019, 12:50 PM   #5044
RoboTimbo
Hostile Nanobacon

Gaetan says he isn't concerned.

Quote:
Then Child abuse and money is not in my religion,
Don't you still use money?

Quote:
Salomon had hundreds of spouses, did you check out how old they were?
No, what is the relevance?

Quote:
i already put what my religion says about money.
Render unto Caesar that which is Caesar's. Your mythical Jesus had a treasurer, didn't he?
RoboTimbo is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 16th November 2019, 02:00 PM   #5045
abaddon
Penultimate Amazing

Mt 18.6 Mais, si quelqu'un scandalisait un de ces petits qui croient en moi, il vaudrait mieux pour lui qu'on suspendît à son cou une meule de moulin, et qu'on le jetât au fond de la mer. 18.7 Malheur au monde à cause des scandales! Car il est nécessaire qu'il arrive des scandales; mais malheur à l'homme par qui le scandale arrive! 18.8 Si ta main ou ton pied est pour toi une occasion de chute, coupe-les et jette-les loin de toi; mieux vaut pour toi entrer dans la vie boiteux ou manchot, que d'avoir deux pieds ou deux mains et d'être jeté dans le feu éternel. 18.9 Et si ton oeil est pour toi une occasion de chute, arrache-le et jette-le loin de toi; mieux vaut pour toi entrer dans la vie, n'ayant qu'un oeil, que d'avoir deux yeux et d'être jeté dans le feu de la géhenne. 18.10 Gardez-vous de mépriser un seul de ces petits; car je vous dis que leurs anges dans les cieux voient continuellement la face de mon Père qui est dans les cieux. 18.11 Car le Fils de l'homme est venu sauver ce qui était perdu.

Then Child abuse and money is not in my religion, Salomon had hundreds of spouses, did you check out how old they were? i already put what my religion says about money.
It doesn't matter what the magic book says, it matters what the religious actually do.

The religious continue to abuse children and attempt to conceal it. And you support it.

...love and buttercakes...
abaddon is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 16th November 2019, 11:49 PM   #5046
Gaetan
Illuminator

Originally Posted by abaddon View Post
It doesn't matter what the magic book says, it matters what the religious actually do.

The religious continue to abuse children and attempt to conceal it. And you support it.
There is nothing in my religion that agrees with the abuse of child or the use of money, i put he verses. You are a bunch of racist here trying to make association, it is not because a truck driver abuses of a child that all truck drivers are the same.
Gaetan is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 17th November 2019, 12:48 AM   #5047
Joecool
Master Poster

There is nothing in my religion that agrees with the abuse of child or the use of money, i put he verses. You are a bunch of racist here trying to make association, it is not because a truck driver abuses of a child that all truck drivers are the same.
And just because some tribes can live together without money doesnt mean society as a whole can do so. A kibbutz is an an example os a small group of people helping each other. But the whole of society cant function that way .
Joecool is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 17th November 2019, 08:05 AM   #5048
Leftus
Graduate Poster

You might want to re-read that. It only disagrees with child abuse if the child shares the same religion.

Besides, the qeustion was not, "what does Gaetan's religion say about ..." but what do you actually believe. Are you chopping off body parts that cause offense? It's in the non-bolded parts.

Truck drivers are not a race. People who share a religion are also not a race. Why is it OK for you to group everyone who uses money into one group, but wrong for anyone else?
Leftus is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 17th November 2019, 08:32 AM   #5049
RoboTimbo
Hostile Nanobacon

There is nothing in my religion that agrees with the abuse of child or the use of money,
Yes, as I wrote previously and you dishonestly didn't reply to. Doesn't your Big Book of Fiction say "Render unto Caesar that which is Caesar's"? Didn't Jesus have a treasurer in his posse? Don't you still use money?

Do you have anything besides religious hypocrisy to offer?

Quote:
i put he verses.
So did I. They both prove you wrong.

Quote:
You are a bunch of racist
Which race are we discriminating against?

Quote:
here trying to make association, it is not because a truck driver abuses of a child that all truck drivers are the same.
Ah, I see that you are confused. That is what YOU do when you claim all money is bad.

I guess hypocrisy IS all you've got. Typical religious.
Old 18th November 2019, 09:17 AM   #5050
Gaetan
Illuminator

Originally Posted by Leftus View Post
You might want to re-read that. It only disagrees with child abuse if the child shares the same religion.

Besides, the qeustion was not, "what does Gaetan's religion say about ..." but what do you actually believe. Are you chopping off body parts that cause offense? It's in the non-bolded parts.

Truck drivers are not a race. People who share a religion are also not a race. Why is it OK for you to group everyone who uses money into one group, but wrong for anyone else?
ESV Mt 18 At that time the disciples came to Jesus, saying, “Who is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven?” 2 And calling to him a child, he put him in the midst of them 3 and said, “Truly, I say to you, unless you turn and become like children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven. 4 Whoever humbles himself like this child is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven.

5 “Whoever receives one such child in my name receives me, 6 but whoever causes one of these little ones who believe in me to sin,[a] it would be better for him to have a great millstone fastened around his neck and to be drowned in the depth of the sea.
Temptations to Sin

7 “Woe to the world for temptations to sin![b] For it is necessary that temptations come, but woe to the one by whom the temptation comes! 8 And if your hand or your foot causes you to sin, cut it off and throw it away. It is better for you to enter life crippled or lame than with two hands or two feet to be thrown into the eternal fire. 9 And if your eye causes you to sin, tear it out and throw it away. It is better for you to enter life with one eye than with two eyes to be thrown into the hell[c] of fire.

Jesus doesn't says to fast a millstone around his neck, he says it is better. He doesn't say that some one should cut your hand, he says that it is better that you cut your hand if it sin than go to hell.

Then my religion condemn child abuse. If a Christian priest doesn't fellow what Jesus says it is not the fault of Christian religion but this particular individual. By the way, catholic, and protestant are not my religion but yours, it is your culture to use money while Jesus condemn it.
Old 18th November 2019, 09:37 AM   #5051
RoboTimbo
Hostile Nanobacon

Then my religion condemn child abuse. If a Christian priest doesn't fellow what Jesus says it is not the fault of Christian religion but this particular individual.
Doesn't Jesus say to render unto Caesar that which is Caesar's? Didn't Jesus have a treasurer? Don't you still use money? Your only contribution here seems to be religious hypocrisy.

Quote:
By the way, catholic, and protestant are not my religion but yours,
Those are Christian religions just like yours. Most of us here don't subscribe to any cults like that. Why do you continue to religiously lie about it?

Quote:
it is your culture to use money while Jesus condemn it.
Didn't Jesus have a treasurer? Don't you still religiously use money?
Old 18th November 2019, 10:03 AM   #5052
xjx388
Philosopher

The medias have already a lot of proofs

When I read this, I can’t help but think of pantyhose. “The pantyhose have already a lot of proofs...”
Old 18th November 2019, 01:35 PM   #5053
Leftus
Graduate Poster

ESV Mt 18 At that time the disciples came to Jesus, saying, “Who is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven?” 2 And calling to him a child, he put him in the midst of them 3 and said, “Truly, I say to you, unless you turn and become like children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven. 4 Whoever humbles himself like this child is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven.

5 “Whoever receives one such child in my name receives me, 6 but whoever causes one of these little ones who believe in me to sin,[a] it would be better for him to have a great millstone fastened around his neck and to be drowned in the depth of the sea.
Temptations to Sin

7 “Woe to the world for temptations to sin![b] For it is necessary that temptations come, but woe to the one by whom the temptation comes! 8 And if your hand or your foot causes you to sin, cut it off and throw it away. It is better for you to enter life crippled or lame than with two hands or two feet to be thrown into the eternal fire. 9 And if your eye causes you to sin, tear it out and throw it away. It is better for you to enter life with one eye than with two eyes to be thrown into the hell[c] of fire.

Jesus doesn't says to fast a millstone around his neck, he says it is better. He doesn't say that some one should cut your hand, he says that it is better that you cut your hand if it sin than go to hell.

Then my religion condemn child abuse. If a Christian priest doesn't fellow what Jesus says it is not the fault of Christian religion but this particular individual. By the way, catholic, and protestant are not my religion but yours, it is your culture to use money while Jesus condemn it.
Your religion does no such thing. It only condemns child abuse when the child is of the same faith.

Jesus never condemned using money. At best, he demanded his disciples to not take money when using his gifts. Which means, they were free to take money when not using his gifts.

I don't have a religion so catholics, Baptists, or unitarians are not my cohert.

Also, so we are cool with grouping people again because they share a trait? A moment ago it was racist.

No, Jesus specifically states you should be lopping off body parts. See the parts in red.

Last edited by Leftus; 18th November 2019 at 01:38 PM.
Leftus is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 18th November 2019, 01:38 PM   #5054
BStrong
Penultimate Amazing

The medias have a lot of proofs but:

There is no more blind person than one who does not want to see
It sounds like you're talking in front of your mirror.

"Dulce bellum inexpertīs." - Erasmus
BStrong is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 18th November 2019, 03:02 PM   #5055
Gaetan
Illuminator

Originally Posted by RoboTimbo View Post
Doesn't Jesus say to render unto Caesar that which is Caesar's?
He couldn't say to render to Satan what belongs to Satan because romans would kill him right away.
Old 18th November 2019, 03:19 PM   #5056
RoboTimbo
Hostile Nanobacon

He couldn't say to render to Satan what belongs to Satan because romans would kill him right away.
Doesn't someone render money unto you? You dishonestly snipped out some of the questions that answering would have destroyed your argument but you do still use money, right?
Old 18th November 2019, 04:02 PM   #5057
Leftus
Graduate Poster

So? That is the reason he was there afterall.
Old 21st November 2019, 06:00 PM   #5058
Gaetan
Illuminator

Human is the only species that pay to live.
Old 21st November 2019, 06:13 PM   #5059
RoboTimbo
Hostile Nanobacon

Human is the only animal to build cars. Thankfully, that industry, like others, is driven by money.

Human is also the only animal to find it necessary to invent gods. To our shame.

Mod InfoTopic continues here.
Posted By:zooterkin

Last edited by zooterkin; 22nd November 2019 at 03:07 AM.
Closed Thread

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Economics, Business and Finance