ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags Jeffrey Epstein , Satanism conspiracies

Old 13th December 2019, 11:04 AM   #561
Thermal
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Vixen View Post
Put it this way: under what other context/pretext would 'good family men' representing the stolid upright citizen and even (for Princes Charles and Andrew) 'defenders of the [Christian protestant] faith, their county, government, impeccable denizens of the highest law courts, etc., get together regularly to have sex (and reports of orgies) with teenagers barely out of childhood.

Being 'rich' doesn't explain it.
In addition to what theprestige and virtually every poster on this thread had said, there is no other pretext necessary for being a perverted sicko than being a perverted sicko. And Satanism doesn't logically follow from that pretext any more than Bronyism does.

Your OP asks if Epstein was a World Satanic Ring runner. The answer appears to be no, or no evidence presented to support such an out in left field conclusion.

Or invisible submarine docks, with invisible construction, operation, and maintenance personnel that no one has seen or reported either.

Or chess being satanic. Or is it just big outside chess that is the Dark One's game? If there was a big outside hopscotch thingy, would that be satanic too?

Truth is not what you want it to be; it is what it is, and you must bend to its power or live a lie -Miyamoto Musashi
Thermal is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th December 2019, 12:08 PM   #562
Axxman300
Illuminator

There is another alleged victim named 'Rachel Johnson' who claims she was raped by Trump an then by an angry Epstein who had wanted to take her virginity, which I am hoping is fake news fantasy.
Interesting.

You choose to believe in a Satanic ring without any evidence and yet you have an allegation against our current President that was made before Epstein was arrested for the second time, and Trump openly bragged about ogling naked underage girls when he ran the Ms Teen USA Pageant.

I'm not saying the allegation is true, just pointing out there is at least a pattern of behavior.

But no, Satan.
Old 13th December 2019, 12:12 PM   #563
BStrong
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Axxman300 View Post
Interesting.

You choose to believe in a Satanic ring without any evidence and yet you have an allegation against our current President that was made before Epstein was arrested for the second time, and Trump openly bragged about ogling naked underage girls when he ran the Ms Teen USA Pageant.

I'm not saying the allegation is true, just pointing out there is at least a pattern of behavior.

But no, Satan.
And groping them as well IIRC.

"Dulce bellum inexpertīs." - Erasmus
BStrong is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th December 2019, 12:24 PM   #564
Vixen
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by BStrong View Post
Project all you'd like, but superstition and fairy tales don't control my life or my actions.

I spell it "debil" in posts because I treaT this nonsense with all the respect that it deserves.

To entertain your delusion - DEVIL DEVIL DEVIL! he must be attending to other matters because the devil didn't appear.

So much for your hand waving about fantasy (yours) v. reality (mine)
At no time have I said he exists. However, certain types of person with an occult bent like to invoke him. Whether they are doing it to be anti-establishment, for a laugh, licentiousness, hoping for wealth and riches in a faustian pact or, like Robert Johnson, meeting at a Mississippi Delta crossroads for great musical gifts, people are there flirting with it. Robert Johnson in his blues lyrics claims he did exactly that.
Old 13th December 2019, 12:26 PM   #565
Vixen
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Porpoise of Life View Post
Them wanting to do so explains it.
Satanism is no more needed to explain this than it is to explain Thai sex tourism, or alcohol abuse.
You think Prince Andrew flew over to Epstein's various locations in the USA and the Caribbean just to get his bollocks down, when he can do that any time.
Old 13th December 2019, 12:30 PM   #566
Vixen
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Jack by the hedge View Post
Do you have evidence, or even "reports", of Prince Charles and Prince Andrew getting together regularly to have sex or orgies with underage teenagers?

I find myself tending to the suspicion that you do not.
Prince Charles = close friend of Jimmy Saville (a mediocre blue collar dj).

Prince Andrew = Virginia Guiffre, a blue collar runaway, has deposited a witness statement/affdavit claiming she was trafficked to Prince Andrew and 'forced' to have sex with on three separate occasions and locations. (He denies it.)

See a pattern emerging?
Old 13th December 2019, 12:31 PM   #567
Vixen
Penultimate Amazing

When does a stone become an altar? Why should we regard this particular stone as an altar?

Is it anything more than your personal Dennis-Wheatley-style imaginings?
It's at the twelve o'clock position and is a flat head stone.
Old 13th December 2019, 12:35 PM   #568
BStrong
Penultimate Amazing

At no time have I said he exists. However, certain types of person with an occult bent like to invoke him. Whether they are doing it to be anti-establishment, for a laugh, licentiousness, hoping for wealth and riches in a faustian pact or, like Robert Johnson, meeting at a Mississippi Delta crossroads for great musical gifts, people are there flirting with it. Robert Johnson in his blues lyrics claims he did exactly that.
And Bob Marley shot the Sheriff.

The Robert Johnson story was great hype for it's time - a fairly good movie was made out of it but that doesn't mean that the story is true.

Your imaginary world exists in your head the the heads of some other folks that need a fairy story to give their lives meaning.

BStrong is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th December 2019, 12:52 PM   #569
Elagabalus
Philosopher

Sadly, a similar showdown with the Devil had no appreciable effects on Charlie Daniel's playing.
Elagabalus is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th December 2019, 01:20 PM   #570
theprestige
Penultimate Amazing

When does a stone become an altar? Why should we regard this particular stone as an altar?

Is it anything more than your personal Dennis-Wheatley-style imaginings?
I was thinking more Wilbur Whateley.
theprestige is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th December 2019, 02:54 PM   #571
bruto
Penultimate Amazing

Do you really think Robert Johnson really believed he'd sold his soul to the devil? Did Bo Diddly have a cobra snake for a necktie too?

Quand il dit "cuic" le moineau croit tout dire. (When he's tweeted the sparrow thinks he's said it all. (Jules Renard)
bruto is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th December 2019, 03:16 PM   #572
BStrong
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by bruto View Post
Do you really think Robert Johnson really believed he'd sold his soul to the devil? Did Bo Diddly have a cobra snake for a necktie too?
And Pete and Roger wanted to die before they got old, Etta James would rather go blind and John Lee Hooker's bar order was one bourbon, one scotch and one beer.

Old 13th December 2019, 04:17 PM   #573
eerok
Quixoticist

This thread needs more Satan.
Old 13th December 2019, 04:29 PM   #574
Myriad
Hyperthetical

After that, the devil wen't down to Georgia, and since the song doesn't mention him leaving, he's presumably still there.

Were any maps of Georgia found among Epstein's suspicious furnishings?
Old 13th December 2019, 04:35 PM   #575
Trebuchet
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by eerok View Post
And Satin. And Santa!

Originally Posted by Myriad View Post
After that, the devil wen't down to Georgia, and since the song doesn't mention him leaving, he's presumably still there.

Were any maps of Georgia found among Epstein's suspicious furnishings?
And Georgia is a girl's name! QED!
Old 13th December 2019, 04:52 PM   #576
bruto
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Trebuchet View Post
And Satin. And Santa!

And Georgia is a girl's name! QED!
And given Georgia's reputation, "to" is probably a misprint.

Quand il dit "cuic" le moineau croit tout dire. (When he's tweeted the sparrow thinks he's said it all. (Jules Renard)
bruto is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th December 2019, 11:04 PM   #577
Craig4
Penultimate Amazing

Put it this way: under what other context/pretext would 'good family men' representing the stolid upright citizen and even (for Princes Charles and Andrew) 'defenders of the [Christian protestant] faith, their county, government, impeccable denizens of the highest law courts, etc., get together regularly to have sex (and reports of orgies) with teenagers barely out of childhood.

Being 'rich' doesn't explain it.
You're right (although I'm not aware of Charles being implicated) being rich doesn't explain the why. Having an unhealthy fetish for underage girls is why, being rich is the how. No Satan required.
Old 14th December 2019, 03:20 AM   #578
Vixen
Penultimate Amazing

He was remarkably gifted you must admit.
Old 14th December 2019, 03:33 AM   #579
Vixen
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Craig4 View Post
You're right (although I'm not aware of Charles being implicated) being rich doesn't explain the why. Having an unhealthy fetish for underage girls is why, being rich is the how. No Satan required.
Prince Charles was introduced to Jimmy Savile by Lord Mountbatten, a great-uncle. Savile became such a close confidant of Charles, he was even invited to be Prince Harry's godfather, except that Princess Diana blocked it. Prince Charles even offered sanctuary to paedophile Bishop Peter Ball. Savile was also an acquaintance of Prince Andrew due to the association with his brother. In fact, Prince Andrew appeared on 'Jim Will Fix It' offering to host an eight-year-old girl on his navy yacht for one episode.

So why Prince Charles would be so close to an oik like Savile is anybody's guess. So we have, in recent days, been privy to the amusing sight of Prince Charles, heir apparent, and close friend of rampant paedophile, Jimmy Savile, who boasted he enjoyed being near dead bodies and wandered freely around the mortuary of Stoke Mandeville, reprimanding his brother Prince Andrew for hobnobbing with Jeffrey Epstein.

You really couldn't make it up.
Old 14th December 2019, 09:31 AM   #580
Craig4
Penultimate Amazing

Prince Charles was introduced to Jimmy Savile by Lord Mountbatten, a great-uncle. Savile became such a close confidant of Charles, he was even invited to be Prince Harry's godfather, except that Princess Diana blocked it. Prince Charles even offered sanctuary to paedophile Bishop Peter Ball. Savile was also an acquaintance of Prince Andrew due to the association with his brother. In fact, Prince Andrew appeared on 'Jim Will Fix It' offering to host an eight-year-old girl on his navy yacht for one episode.

So why Prince Charles would be so close to an oik like Savile is anybody's guess. So we have, in recent days, been privy to the amusing sight of Prince Charles, heir apparent, and close friend of rampant paedophile, Jimmy Savile, who boasted he enjoyed being near dead bodies and wandered freely around the mortuary of Stoke Mandeville, reprimanding his brother Prince Andrew for hobnobbing with Jeffrey Epstein.

You really couldn't make it up.
None of the reports indicate that Charles engaged in pedophilia. While the mind reels at the shear stupidity of maintaining the relationship with Ball, Ball never got back into full ministry in the COE.

As for Savile, Charles and he supported the same charities. I haven't seen any indications that Charles or anyone on his staff knew the extent of what he was up to. He was generally thought sort of creepy but that doesn't mean they knew about the extent of his sexual assaults.

All of this is bad and people should be held to account. That does not mean it has anything to do with a satanic cult.
Old 14th December 2019, 10:34 AM   #581
abaddon
Penultimate Amazing

Are you now suggesting that remarkably gifted people are only remarkably gifted by dint of selling their "soul" to the devil?

...love and buttercakes...
abaddon is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th December 2019, 10:44 AM   #582
Thermal
Philosopher

Originally Posted by abaddon View Post
Are you now suggesting that remarkably gifted people are only remarkably gifted by dint of selling their "soul" to the devil?
Cynic. It is well known that one has 'sold their soul for rock and roll'. Although Epstein et al may have sold their soul for...

No, I just can't.

Truth is not what you want it to be; it is what it is, and you must bend to its power or live a lie -Miyamoto Musashi
Thermal is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th December 2019, 10:51 AM   #583
Jack by the hedge
Safely Ignored

Prince Charles = close friend of Jimmy Saville (a mediocre blue collar dj).

Prince Andrew = Virginia Guiffre, a blue collar runaway, has deposited a witness statement/affdavit claiming she was trafficked to Prince Andrew and 'forced' to have sex with on three separate occasions and locations. (He denies it.)

See a pattern emerging?
I see innuendo emerging. I'll take that as a "no" to my actual question.
Jack by the hedge is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th December 2019, 10:56 AM   #584
Jack by the hedge
Safely Ignored

It's at the twelve o'clock position and is a flat head stone.
Are you saying the stone becomes an altar at twelve o'clock? I'm unclear what you're suggesting. Do you have some claim of a ceremony taking place there at noon?
Jack by the hedge is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th December 2019, 01:26 PM   #585
Trebuchet
Penultimate Amazing

Are you saying the stone becomes an altar at twelve o'clock? I'm unclear what you're suggesting. Do you have some claim of a ceremony taking place there at noon?
No, no, it's obviously a moondial for ceremonies at midnight!
Old 14th December 2019, 06:13 PM   #586
BStrong
Penultimate Amazing

He has his place in music history, but he wasn't the king of Delta Blues.

Is musical talent now an indication of satan worship? Should people turn away from musical interest before they go full metal satan and start playing chess?

Old 14th December 2019, 07:25 PM   #587
Myriad
Hyperthetical

Every rock is directly north of something*. They're all altars to satan!

*Except the rock at the South Pole.
Old 14th December 2019, 10:32 PM   #588
bruto
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Myriad View Post
Every rock is directly north of something*. They're all altars to satan!

*Except the rock at the South Pole.
All relative, though. Depending on how you look at it - if the quickest way north is through the core, then the bottom of the rock is north of the top. If you don't count that, then the edges are farther north than the center, so only the nonexistent point at the middle is truly not north of something else. If you stood on the rock, the whole thing might count as north of you. A polar explorer, in one swell foop, could turn adventure to misadventure, inadvertently Satanizing the entire planet.

Old 14th December 2019, 10:43 PM   #589
theprestige
Penultimate Amazing

Why does it have to be Epstein that runs it? Surely whoever had Epstein killed is the one running the ring.
theprestige is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th December 2019, 10:52 PM   #590
Hellbound
Merchant of Doom

Location: Not in Hell, but I can see it from here on a clear day...
Originally Posted by theprestige View Post
Why does it have to be Epstein that runs it? Surely whoever had Epstein killed is the one running the ring.
well, they are nowÖ

*dun dun duuuuuuun*
Old 16th December 2019, 03:59 AM   #591
Belz...
Fiend God

Originally Posted by eerok View Post
Dude, I'm right here!

"My views are nonsense. So what?" - BobTheCoward

Belz... is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th December 2019, 04:16 AM   #592
Vixen
Penultimate Amazing

All relative, though. Depending on how you look at it - if the quickest way north is through the core, then the bottom of the rock is north of the top. If you don't count that, then the edges are farther north than the center, so only the nonexistent point at the middle is truly not north of something else. If you stood on the rock, the whole thing might count as north of you. A polar explorer, in one swell foop, could turn adventure to misadventure, inadvertently Satanizing the entire planet.
As you know, the pole that runs through the middle of the earth comes out at the top and that's how you can tell it's the North.
Old 16th December 2019, 04:22 AM   #593
Vixen
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by BStrong View Post
He has his place in music history, but he wasn't the king of Delta Blues.

Is musical talent now an indication of satan worship? Should people turn away from musical interest before they go full metal satan and start playing chess?
I think you'll find he was. He could barely strum two chords together before he went to the crossroads (this is where, traditionally, evil spirits meet [suicides and murderers were buried in such places] and made a faustian pact with whatever he met there. Next thing we knew he was coming out with one amazing song after another and is one of the best blues guitarists of all time, with nary a guitar lesson. He paid the price and was murdered young.

When I visited the USA I had a plan to visit his grave in Greenwood (_sp?) - and also Gram Parsons' at Waycross, Georgia - but hadn't quite realised just how vast the distances are in the US so saw neither.
Old 16th December 2019, 04:24 AM   #594
Vixen
Penultimate Amazing

I don't know but I do know medieval Christians saw North as the realm of the devil.

I should think midnight was more likely as a dark night on a Thursday is when the D rides out.
Old 16th December 2019, 04:34 AM   #595
Vixen
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Craig4 View Post
None of the reports indicate that Charles engaged in pedophilia. While the mind reels at the shear stupidity of maintaining the relationship with Ball, Ball never got back into full ministry in the COE.

As for Savile, Charles and he supported the same charities. I haven't seen any indications that Charles or anyone on his staff knew the extent of what he was up to. He was generally thought sort of creepy but that doesn't mean they knew about the extent of his sexual assaults.

All of this is bad and people should be held to account. That does not mean it has anything to do with a satanic cult.
There is an interesting interview with Jimmy Savile, when out of the blue apropos of nothing he said, 'I am the eminence grise, the go-between'.

That is not your usual Yorkshire dialect, is it.

In fact, Savile was a good friend of the Yorkshire Ripper and as well as visiting him in Broadmoor (to which Savile also had free run of the place) tried to get his sentence reduced. A couple of Sutcliffe's victims were murdered within yards of Savile's home and some think he has a connection to Sutcliffe before he was caught.

Likewise, the Moors murderers. Savile bought child porn from a guy who was closely linked to Ian Brady. Brady was a neo-Nazi obsessed with the occult. Some believe Hindley took on a role of high priestess and procured children of which some were sacrificed in occult rituals on the Moors (others, indoors). This is reinforced by a couple of the murders being exactly four months apart, fitting in with pagan seasons. Children say Hindley as a motherly figure, which may be the case with Ghislaine Maxwell as a procurer.

Could Epstein have been a similar eminence grise to Savile, i.e., procuring young teens for others* as well as himself whilst enjoying immunity from prosecution?

*Two doctors at Stoke Manderville who were there the same time as Savile were charged with child sex offences. One topped himself (like Epstein) and the other was charged, found guilty and jailed.

Last edited by Vixen; 16th December 2019 at 04:37 AM.
Vixen is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th December 2019, 06:47 AM   #596
Jack by the hedge
Safely Ignored

I don't know but I do know medieval Christians saw North as the realm of the devil.

I should think midnight was more likely as a dark night on a Thursday is when the D rides out.
But the stone is not there to indicate North. It's there to indicate noon, when the sun is due South and the gnomon's shadow points to the stone.

If you wanted an altar for midnight ceremonies, putting it on a sundial would make you look like some kind of idiot who really hadn't thought it through.
Old 16th December 2019, 06:51 AM   #597
Hellbound
Merchant of Doom

Location: Not in Hell, but I can see it from here on a clear day...
But the stone is not there to indicate North. It's there to indicate noon, when the sun is due South and the gnomon's shadow points to the stone.

If you wanted an altar for midnight ceremonies, putting it on a sundial would make you look like some kind of idiot who really hadn't thought it through.
No, see, you're getting it wrong.

Obviously, when you can no longer see the stone that means it's midnight!

Perfectly sensible!
Old 16th December 2019, 07:32 AM   #598
MarkCorrigan
Winter is Coming

I think you'll find he was. He could barely strum two chords together before he went to the crossroads (this is where, traditionally, evil spirits meet [suicides and murderers were buried in such places] and made a faustian pact with whatever he met there. Next thing we knew he was coming out with one amazing song after another and is one of the best blues guitarists of all time, with nary a guitar lesson. He paid the price and was murdered young.
Please tell me you're joking...

Now I lay me down to sleep, a bag of peanuts at my feet.
If I die before I wake, give them to my brother Jake.
MarkCorrigan is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th December 2019, 10:21 AM   #599
BStrong
Penultimate Amazing

When I visited the USA I had a plan to visit his grave in Greenwood (_sp?) - and also Gram Parsons' at Waycross, Georgia - but hadn't quite realised just how vast the distances are in the US so saw neither.
It appears that religion isn't the only myth you buy into. FTR, Every musician starts out at -0-. There are no exceptions past bonafide prodigies. There are a whole list of musicians that "came out of nowhere" according to the public that spent 10+ years in the musical trenches before they were "discovered" and became big attractions.

Here's RJ's lyrics for Crossroads Blues. Please indicate the part where RJ sells his soul:

I went to the crossroad, fell down on my knees
I went to the crossroad, fell down on my knees
Asked the Lord above "Have mercy, now save poor Bob, if you please"

Yeoo, standin' at the crossroad, tried to flag a ride
Ooo eeee, I tried to flag a ride
Didn't nobody seem to know me, babe, everybody pass me by

Standin' at the crossroad, baby, risin' sun goin' down
Standin' at the crossroad, baby, eee, eee, risin' sun goin' down
I believe to my soul, now, poor Bob is sinkin' down

You can run, you can run, tell my friend Willie Brown
You can run, you can run, tell my friend Willie Brown
That I got the crossroad blues this mornin', Lord, babe, I'm sinkin' down

And I went to the crossroad, mama, I looked east and west
I went to the crossroad, baby, I looked east and west
Lord, I didn't have no sweet woman, ooh well, babe, in my distress

Here's a link to an article examining the "sold his soul" myth:

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/rober...e-my_b_1628118

Johnson never claimed to have made a pact with the devil; that boast was actually made by Tommy Johnson, known for his own intricate guitar playing on songs like “Canned Heat Blues.” According to LaVere, “the crossroads story was also told by [guitarist] Ike Zinermon, Robert’s primary mentor, and for Robert Johnson by Son House during interviews in the mid-1960s.”

RJ was not murdered. The above linked article includes a description of his death. If you've got a simple fact like that wrong..

ETA - Joe Bonamassa's take:

https://jbonamassa.com/robert-johnso...ds-devil-myth/

Written and recorded by Delta-blues master Robert Johnson in 1936, it is near impossible to separate the harrowing song from the grand mythology of Johnson’s life-changing encounter with the devil. Although the tune doesn’t specifically reference the devil, there is an air of menace and demonic power all about the tortured performance by the legendary blues figure. The song is a staple in the blues and rock repertoire, and those who have been influenced by it have churned out a seemingly infinite string of cover performances of this unrelenting masterpiece.

Last edited by BStrong; 16th December 2019 at 10:34 AM.
Old 16th December 2019, 10:41 AM   #600
Matthew Best
Philosopher

Originally Posted by carlitos View Post
Now I see how the knox thread goes on and on. It's like nailing jello to a wall.
Finally!
Matthew Best is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories