ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Economics, Business and Finance
 


Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Closed Thread
Old 29th October 2019, 07:04 AM   #4881
Leftus
Graduate Poster
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 1,374
Originally Posted by Gaetan View Post
You don't understand human psychology, it is a pleasure to do voluntary work but it is not to work for the goal of money.
You don't understand that when you extract a "free" electric car out of the economy without even putting the work to extract a chocolate bar, people get resentful. Because you are taking advantage of their labor.
Leftus is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 29th October 2019, 10:05 AM   #4882
The Man
Unbanned zombie poster
 
The Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Poughkeepsie, NY
Posts: 14,316
Post

Originally Posted by Gaetan View Post
You don't understand human psychology, it is a pleasure to do voluntary work but it is not to work for the goal of money.
You evidently just don't understand anything. People can find voluntary work just as distasteful as their regular work. However, they'll do it anyway because it helps others. So it needn't be the work itself they find pleasurable but the just idea of helping or having helped others. Second as already noted people don't "for the goal of money" they work for what that money can get for them. Often just a better life. The very same reason you assert people will work in your no money world. However, since your no money world obligates no recompense for labor people will be dissuaded form working. They won't feel pleasure from doing voluntary work since people have to work just for their to be anything to get 'for free'. It is the obligation of recompense that keeps people working jobs they like or even dislike. Without that obligation even working a job you do like need not fulfill your asserted goal for them of a better life nor even just their survival. People will fight, horde, steal and riot in an effort just to try to guarantee their survival. People who work as before will be left holding empty bags as others clear out markets, storage, transfer and production facilities while those who work as before toil at their jobs. Human psychology, people will generally take the quickest and easiest route to their goals, even at the expense of others.


Just look at your own assertions, you claim people want to be paid the most while their neighbor is paid the least, even zero. That psychology of screwing over your neighbor just become worse when you remove any obligation to compensate your neighbor for their labor in any way. Instead of raising the bar so people so people are obligated to compensate each other more fairly. You want to lower the bar so instead of someone being able to screw over someone else, they can screw over everyone else who is work as before.
__________________
BRAINZZZZZZZZ
The Man is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 29th October 2019, 10:47 AM   #4883
Leftus
Graduate Poster
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 1,374
Just saw an article where a retired gentleman goes into a cat rescue, brushes cats and takes a nap. He does this because, I suppose, it's a nice way to fill the day. The cats apricate his efforts. Cats are professional nappers, and having a warm body to nap on is a bonus.

He does this for free, but in Gaetans' magical fairy tale world, he would be entitled to a mansion, a fleet of electric cars, because his "work" brushing cats somehow adds to the economy.

Would I brush cats and take naps rather than do what I do to make a living right now? In a heartbeat. Do I think then the world owes me, or rather I'm entitled to keep my current lifestyle? Not even close.

Also, it would make good deeds irrelevant. Again, the man above made the news, because it's kinda cool, and we are all jealous. In the "free" world, there are no sacrifices that have to be made. Because there is nothing to give up.
Leftus is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 29th October 2019, 10:55 AM   #4884
RoboTimbo
Hostile Nanobacon
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 30,587
I've already got dibs on bikini model photographer, super car test driver and game player. Not that I have a lock on those or anything, everyone in the world would be free to do those same jobs.

According to Gaetan.

Now, where are my mansions and supercars and yachts?
RoboTimbo is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 29th October 2019, 02:59 PM   #4885
abaddon
Penultimate Amazing
 
abaddon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 19,447
Lightbulb

Originally Posted by Gaetan View Post
I didn't say that all workers don't like the job they do, what i say is that they don't like to work if it is for the goal of money.
Except the goal is not money at all, rather it is what that money can provide. People don't work to simply accumulate all of the money in piles. They use it for other things like food or clothing or a home or a car or a holiday or whatever.

Money is merely a tool like any other. Much like a hammer. One can use a hammer to build a house. One can also use it to commit murder. What you are doing is claiming that a murder committed with a hammer is the fault of the hammer. Would you really accept the defence of "I had a hammer, I saw his head. The hammer made me hit him"? Would you really? Would you put the hammer on trial for the murder?
__________________
Who is General Failure? And why is he reading my hard drive?


...love and buttercakes...
abaddon is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 29th October 2019, 06:17 PM   #4886
Joecool
Master Poster
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 2,615
Originally Posted by Gaetan View Post
You don't understand human psychology, it is a pleasure to do voluntary work but it is not to work for the goal of money.
Once upon a time, the world had no money. How much "volunteer" work did those people do? They did zero because they had to spend time finding food and shelter for their families or tribes.

People such as retirees, might enjoy volunteer work to help others, but it is because they have already secured food and shelter.

It's quite simple. Who is more likely to be seen volunteering? Middle class or rich people, or guys who live on skid row? It's clear that people will not volunteer unless their basic needs are already met.
Joecool is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 30th October 2019, 12:26 AM   #4887
Gaetan
Illuminator
 
Gaetan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 3,382
Originally Posted by Joecool View Post
Once upon a time, the world had no money. How much "volunteer" work did those people do? They did zero because they had to spend time finding food and shelter for their families or tribes.

People such as retirees, might enjoy volunteer work to help others, but it is because they have already secured food and shelter.

It's quite simple. Who is more likely to be seen volunteering? Middle class or rich people, or guys who live on skid row? It's clear that people will not volunteer unless their basic needs are already met.
People answering my posts have more money than they need like you, i' d like to know the opinion of people who don't have money or full of debts.
Gaetan is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 30th October 2019, 12:49 AM   #4888
Joecool
Master Poster
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 2,615
Originally Posted by Gaetan View Post
People answering my posts have more money than they need like you, i' d like to know the opinion of people who don't have money or full of debts.
People like me have enough money so I can volunteer to help people. People without money generally do not volunteer their services. At homeless shelters, do you see homeless bums working or people who are trying to help the homeless bums?

Why do you work for money when you could be setting the example by working for free?
Joecool is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 30th October 2019, 04:47 AM   #4889
RoboTimbo
Hostile Nanobacon
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 30,587
Originally Posted by Gaetan View Post
People answering my posts have more money than they need like you, i' d like to know the opinion of people who don't have money or full of debts.
People posting hypocritical religious idiocy on internet forums know nothing about human nature. I'd like to know the opinion of people who aren't brainwashed by religion who do know about human nature.

Do you still use money despite your religious convictions, Gaetan?
RoboTimbo is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 30th October 2019, 07:19 AM   #4890
Gaetan
Illuminator
 
Gaetan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 3,382
Money will never solve this problem but will contribute to make it worse:

Most estimates of global mean sea-level rise this century fall below 2 m. This quantity is comparable to the positive vertical bias of the principle digital elevation model (DEM) used to assess global and national population exposures to extreme coastal water levels, NASA’s SRTM. CoastalDEM is a new DEM utilizing neural networks to reduce SRTM error. Here we show – employing CoastalDEM—that 190 M people (150–250 M, 90% CI) currently occupy global land below projected high tide lines for 2100 under low carbon emissions, up from 110 M today, for a median increase of 80 M. These figures triple SRTM-based values. Under high emissions, CoastalDEM indicates up to 630 M people live on land below projected annual flood levels for 2100, and up to 340 M for mid-century, versus roughly 250 M at present. We estimate one billion people now occupy land less than 10 m above current high tide lines, including 250 M below 1 m.

https://www.nature.com/articles/s41467-019-12808-z
Gaetan is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 30th October 2019, 07:23 AM   #4891
Leftus
Graduate Poster
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 1,374
Originally Posted by Gaetan View Post
People answering my posts have more money than they need like you, i' d like to know the opinion of people who don't have money or full of debts.
Your current broke status is, probably, life choices you made.

The fact I make a good living where I'm not worried about my next meal or meeting my obligations, or even covering an unexpected bill, are because of choices I made in my life.

Again, you could resolve your status as a broke ass freeloader by making better choices.
Leftus is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 30th October 2019, 07:27 AM   #4892
Leftus
Graduate Poster
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 1,374
Originally Posted by Gaetan View Post
Money will never solve this problem but will contribute to make it worse:
Money is the only thing that will make it better.


Money is the only thing the will slow the extraction of resources. Making them "free" will only encourage it.


Let's say Jesus, or whoever, ***** you a new electric car. 5 years down the road, it breaks down, do you fix it and save resources or have the world just **** you a new one? We both know, you'd take the new one since it's been improved on and is "better" than your old one. By having a cost, people are dissuaded from wasting resources.
Leftus is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 30th October 2019, 07:42 AM   #4893
Gaetan
Illuminator
 
Gaetan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 3,382
Originally Posted by Leftus View Post
Your current broke status is, probably, life choices you made.

The fact I make a good living where I'm not worried about my next meal or meeting my obligations, or even covering an unexpected bill, are because of choices I made in my life.

Again, you could resolve your status as a broke ass freeloader by making better choices.
99% of people didn't have the opportunity to make the choice you made, don't forget that.
Gaetan is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 30th October 2019, 11:10 AM   #4894
Leftus
Graduate Poster
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 1,374
Originally Posted by Gaetan View Post
99% of people didn't have the opportunity to make the choice you made, don't forget that.
How does that excuse your poor choices?
Leftus is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 30th October 2019, 02:50 PM   #4895
Gaetan
Illuminator
 
Gaetan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 3,382
Originally Posted by Leftus View Post
How does that excuse your poor choices?
What will be the value of your money when the world will collapse skeptic?
Gaetan is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 30th October 2019, 05:32 PM   #4896
RoboTimbo
Hostile Nanobacon
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 30,587
Originally Posted by Gaetan View Post
What will be the value of your money when the world will collapse skeptic?
What will be the value of your weird religion which is trying to cause the world to collapse?
RoboTimbo is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 30th October 2019, 07:24 PM   #4897
Little 10 Toes
Master Poster
 
Little 10 Toes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 2,051
Originally Posted by Gaetan View Post
99% of people didn't have the opportunity to make the choice you made, don't forget that.
Remember that you are in that 1%.
Little 10 Toes is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 31st October 2019, 01:22 AM   #4898
Gaetan
Illuminator
 
Gaetan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 3,382
Originally Posted by Little 10 Toes View Post
Remember that you are in that 1%.
I am not in the 1% in my country but my wish is that every body has a life as those in the 1%, that's what justice means.
Gaetan is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 31st October 2019, 01:30 AM   #4899
Gaetan
Illuminator
 
Gaetan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 3,382
Originally Posted by RoboTimbo View Post
What will be the value of your weird religion which is trying to cause the world to collapse?
Molecule of pollution is physic, not religion, the science says that the end of humain will come soon, sceptic, that's what physic says. Economists who study the laws of money say where will we take the money to stop it? Stupid as you ain't it.
Gaetan is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 31st October 2019, 03:16 AM   #4900
abaddon
Penultimate Amazing
 
abaddon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 19,447
Originally Posted by Gaetan View Post
Molecule of pollution is physic, not religion, the science says that the end of humain will come soon, sceptic, that's what physic says.
Blatant lie.

Originally Posted by Gaetan View Post
Economists who study the laws of money say where will we take the money to stop it? Stupid as you ain't it.
Incoherent. Babbling gibberish does not help your case.Try harder to communicate what you actually mean.
__________________
Who is General Failure? And why is he reading my hard drive?


...love and buttercakes...
abaddon is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 31st October 2019, 08:25 AM   #4901
Leftus
Graduate Poster
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 1,374
Originally Posted by Gaetan View Post
What will be the value of your money when the world will collapse skeptic?
The world isn't going to collapse. Even if it does, between then and now, I'll be fine, thanks for asking.

So why aren't you doing whatever you can actually do, between now and whenever, to improve your life? Whinging on a messageboard isn't action. Say what you will about doomsday preppers, at least they are taking real, actual steps based on their beliefs. They aren't on a messageboard trying to get everyone to join their cult.
Leftus is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 31st October 2019, 08:26 AM   #4902
Leftus
Graduate Poster
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 1,374
Originally Posted by Gaetan View Post
I am not in the 1% in my country but my wish is that every body has a life as those in the 1%, that's what justice means.
No, but you are likely amongst the 1% of the world.
Leftus is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 31st October 2019, 08:27 AM   #4903
BStrong
Penultimate Amazing
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: San Francisco
Posts: 12,718
Originally Posted by Gaetan View Post
Molecule of pollution is physic, not religion, the science says that the end of humain will come soon, sceptic, that's what physic says. Economists who study the laws of money say where will we take the money to stop it? Stupid as you ain't it.
You should lay off your thinking bong.
__________________
Music is what feelings sound like

"Dulce bellum inexpertīs." - Erasmus
BStrong is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 31st October 2019, 12:27 PM   #4904
RoboTimbo
Hostile Nanobacon
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 30,587
Originally Posted by Gaetan View Post
I am not in the 1% in my country but my wish is that every body has a life as those in the 1%, that's what justice means.
You are in the 1% compared to the starving Christian children in Africa. Why do you flaunt your cell phone and internet access and computer in their starving faces?

Have you given up your wealth of money yet?
RoboTimbo is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 31st October 2019, 12:30 PM   #4905
RoboTimbo
Hostile Nanobacon
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 30,587
Originally Posted by Gaetan View Post
Molecule of pollution is physic, not religion, the science says that the end of humain will come soon, sceptic, that's what physic says.
As usual, because of your known penchant for making up your own facts on the spot, I'm going to require a citation for this. I've already given you citations for how the religious abuse children. If I recall correctly, you refuse to address those actual facts.

Quote:
Economists who study the laws of money say where will we take the money to stop it? Stupid as you ain't it.
Again, I think you've simply made up a story here so I'll require citations.

Sorry but as a religious you just aren't trustworthy enough to have your word taken for anything.
RoboTimbo is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 31st October 2019, 01:23 PM   #4906
Gaetan
Illuminator
 
Gaetan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 3,382
Originally Posted by RoboTimbo View Post
As usual, because of your known penchant for making up your own facts on the spot, I'm going to require a citation for this. I've already given you citations for how the religious abuse children. If I recall correctly, you refuse to address those actual facts.


Again, I think you've simply made up a story here so I'll require citations.

Sorry but as a religious you just aren't trustworthy enough to have your word taken for anything.
I see that you are skeptic but the science says that humanity will die soon because we can't avoid the climat change date limit because money. People won't survive the wars and revolt because of climat change. We have to consider climat change, disasters that will result, and the result of disasters is wars and revolts.

By the way, it is going bad in Irak, people have no job, then no money to survive, they blame their government for that, they say it is corrupted, they are in the street. Can you hire some good president in US.

Last edited by Gaetan; 31st October 2019 at 01:34 PM.
Gaetan is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 31st October 2019, 01:34 PM   #4907
Leftus
Graduate Poster
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 1,374
Originally Posted by Gaetan View Post
I see that you are skeptic but the science says that humanity will die soon because we can't avoid the climat change date limit because money. People won't survive the wars and revolt because of climat change.
Repeating a claim is not a citation. It is not proof.

Also, science says no such thing. A 1% like you, should know better.
Leftus is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 31st October 2019, 01:43 PM   #4908
RoboTimbo
Hostile Nanobacon
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 30,587
Originally Posted by Gaetan View Post
I see that you are skeptic but the science says that humanity will die soon because we can't avoid the climat change date limit because money. People won't survive the wars and revolt because of climat change. We have to consider climat change, disasters that will result, and the result of disasters is wars and revolts.
As you were told, I'll need citations that science says it's because of money. Personally, I think your religion is causing you to lie.

Quote:
By the way, it is going bad in Irak, people have no job, then no money to survive, they blame their government for that, they say it is corrupted, they are in the street. Can you hire some good president in US.
But I thought you said that no money was a good thing. LOL.
RoboTimbo is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 31st October 2019, 08:34 PM   #4909
Gaetan
Illuminator
 
Gaetan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 3,382
Originally Posted by RoboTimbo View Post
you to lie.


But I thought you said that no money was a good thing. LOL.
In a world of money, people need money to survive, in a world of no money they don't because food and shelter are free of charge. I see that you are laughing about the misery of people.
Gaetan is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 1st November 2019, 01:42 AM   #4910
curious cat
Critical Thinker
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Posts: 275
Originally Posted by RoboTimbo View Post
Do you think it sounds insane when you keep repeating the same religious mantra despite being proven wrong every time?
I think he is actually on the right track. Dr Goebbles pioneered this concept. it works.
curious cat is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 1st November 2019, 03:04 AM   #4911
RoboTimbo
Hostile Nanobacon
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 30,587
Unhappy

Originally Posted by Gaetan View Post
In a world of money, people need money to survive, in a world of no money they don't becau"se food and shelter are free of charge.
In which "no money" world would that be?

Quote:
I see that you are laughing about the misery of people.
I see that you continue to religiously lie. I was laughing at YOU.

Why did you religiously and dishonestly cut out the part of my post where you were told to provide citations for your made up "facts"?
RoboTimbo is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 1st November 2019, 12:22 PM   #4912
BStrong
Penultimate Amazing
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: San Francisco
Posts: 12,718
Originally Posted by Gaetan View Post
I see that you are skeptic but the science says that humanity will die soon because we can't avoid the climat change date limit because money. People won't survive the wars and revolt because of climat change. We have to consider climat change, disasters that will result, and the result of disasters is wars and revolts.

By the way, it is going bad in Irak, people have no job, then no money to survive, they blame their government for that, they say it is corrupted, they are in the street. Can you hire some good president in US.
If you can't even spell the word correctly you may not want to assert knowledge of the subject matter.

Or you could just give up the ESL schtick and communicate in the manner of reasonably knowledgeable persons..
__________________
Music is what feelings sound like

"Dulce bellum inexpertīs." - Erasmus
BStrong is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 1st November 2019, 06:03 PM   #4913
Gaetan
Illuminator
 
Gaetan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 3,382
Originally Posted by BStrong View Post
If you can't even spell the word correctly you may not want to assert knowledge of the subject matter.

Or you could just give up the ESL schtick and communicate in the manner of reasonably knowledgeable persons..
First of all you'll see your shares that you paid 300$ drop to 3 pennies and your money will have no value then we are better to stop the money now and maybe survive.
Gaetan is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 1st November 2019, 06:05 PM   #4914
Gaetan
Illuminator
 
Gaetan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 3,382
Originally Posted by RoboTimbo View Post
In which "no money" world would that be?


I see that you continue to religiously lie. I was laughing at YOU.
Remember Noah he wasn't a prophet of past but future.
Gaetan is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 1st November 2019, 06:13 PM   #4915
RoboTimbo
Hostile Nanobacon
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 30,587
Originally Posted by Gaetan View Post
First of all you'll see your shares that you paid 300$ drop to 3 pennies and your money will have no value then we are better to stop the money now and maybe survive.
So the people of "Irak" should all be doing pretty good, having given up money.

Are they?
RoboTimbo is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 1st November 2019, 06:14 PM   #4916
RoboTimbo
Hostile Nanobacon
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 30,587
Originally Posted by Gaetan View Post
Remember Noah he wasn't a prophet of past but future.
Remember Noah was a fictional character invented to help brainwash the weak minded.
RoboTimbo is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 1st November 2019, 06:18 PM   #4917
Gaetan
Illuminator
 
Gaetan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 3,382
Originally Posted by RoboTimbo View Post
So the people of "Irak" should all be doing pretty good, having given up money.

Are they?
He who laughs last laughs best
Gaetan is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 1st November 2019, 06:21 PM   #4918
RoboTimbo
Hostile Nanobacon
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 30,587
Originally Posted by Gaetan View Post
He who laughs last laughs best
Answer the question.
RoboTimbo is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 2nd November 2019, 01:12 AM   #4919
Gaetan
Illuminator
 
Gaetan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 3,382
Originally Posted by RoboTimbo View Post
Answer the question.
You see the deputies have no interest to stop pollution because, you know why? The money profit of the polluters. Does that answer your question?
Gaetan is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 2nd November 2019, 05:55 AM   #4920
RoboTimbo
Hostile Nanobacon
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 30,587
Originally Posted by Gaetan View Post
You see the deputies have no interest to stop pollution because, you know why? The money profit of the polluters. Does that answer your question?
Are the people in "Irak" who have no money better off now?

Yes or no, Gaetan.
RoboTimbo is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Closed Thread

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Economics, Business and Finance

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:09 AM.
Powered by vBulletin. Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

This forum began as part of the James Randi Education Foundation (JREF). However, the forum now exists as
an independent entity with no affiliation with or endorsement by the JREF, including the section in reference to "JREF" topics.

Disclaimer: Messages posted in the Forum are solely the opinion of their authors.