IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags donald trump , Trump administration , Trump controversies

Old 7th August 2022, 06:57 PM   #1721
Regnad Kcin
Penultimate Amazing

Do we really need more examples of how Trump is a 310 lb. sack of liquified, rotting garbage? It’s been pretty much established for several decades now.
Old 7th August 2022, 07:36 PM   #1722
Norman Alexander
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Regnad Kcin View Post
Do we really need more examples of how Trump is a 310 lb. sack of liquified, rotting garbage? Itís been pretty much established for several decades now.
What else is there? He doesn't qualify as anything else, or do anything more useful.
...our governments are just trying to protect us from terror. In the same way that someone banging a hornetsí nest with a stick is trying to protect us from hornets. Frankie Boyle, Guardian, July 2015
Norman Alexander is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th August 2022, 08:14 PM   #1723
Horatius
NWO Kitty Wrangler

Originally Posted by Ladewig View Post
Iíd love to survey the MAGAheads to see how many refuse to believe it, how many believe it but donít care, and how many believe it and also approve of it.
...and how many do two of more of those at the same time.

Originally Posted by alfaniner View Post
Check out the video of that segment on YouTube, it's painful. Not the subject matter, but how he treats her.
YouTube Video This video is not hosted by the ISF. The ISF can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website.
I AGREE

Oh my god, the whole "Aw, ****, he's going to try to kiss me!" (twice!) body language is even more cringe than that time Ted Cruz's daughter ducked Ted's kiss.

And what was up with those jazz hands? It really feels like she suddenly had an epiphany about how awful these people are, but felt like she was committed to the bit.
Old 7th August 2022, 09:28 PM   #1724
Bob001
Penultimate Amazing

D. Trump, the masculine ideal:
Quote:
Former President Donald Trump said that former White House doctor Ronny Jackson loved looking at his body, while speaking at the Conservative Political Action Conference in Dallas, Texas, on Saturday.

"He was the White House doctor. He was a great doctor. He was an admiral, a doctor, and now he's a congressman," Trump said while Jackson looked on from the audience.

"I said, 'which is the best if you had your choice?' and he sort of indicated doctor because he loved looking at my body. It was so strong and powerful."
https://www.yahoo.com/news/donald-tr...095218936.html

Last edited by Bob001; 7th August 2022 at 09:29 PM.
Bob001 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th August 2022, 02:03 PM   #1725
eerok
Quixoticist

I don't know how much more background on Trump's presidency I can stand.

'That's what dictators do': Book claims Trump fumed over how his generals weren't like Hitler's (dailykos.com)
Quote:
In a new book by New York Times reporters Peter Baker and Susan Glasser, The Divider: Trump in the White House, the former president and his frequently tense relationship with his generals were detailed alongside other troublesome insights into his scandal-ridden term.
Old 8th August 2022, 02:18 PM   #1726
kookbreaker
Evil Fokker

Valkyrie suddenly comes to mind…

Thanks for helping me win Best Toys in Philly Voter in 2011,2012, and 2014! We won' be discussing the disappointment that was 2013.
kookbreaker is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th August 2022, 04:09 PM   #1727
slyjoe
Illuminator

CNN reports the FBI just executed a search warrant at Mar-A-Lardo. Not much detail yet.
"You have done nothing to demonstrate an understanding of scientific methodology or modern skepticism, both of which are, by necessity, driven by the facts and evidence, not by preconceptions, and both of which are strengthened by, and rely upon, change." - Arkan Wolfshade
slyjoe is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th August 2022, 05:09 PM   #1728
sts60
Illuminator

Some claims that the search had to do with materials removed from the White House.

In other words, the theft of classified materials by the Trump gang.

If so, it’s about friggin’ time.
sts60 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th August 2022, 05:16 PM   #1729
ZiprHead
Muse

It was a great raid. The best raid ever. A perfect raid. Nobody has better raids.

IIDB is back, baby!
ZiprHead is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th August 2022, 05:28 PM   #1730
Craig4
Penultimate Amazing

The Bureau of Prisons and Secret Service should probably start thinking about how they would handle incarcerating a former president. I imagine it's going to be rather complicated.
Old 8th August 2022, 05:30 PM   #1731
bruto
Penultimate Amazing

Yes, it looks as if Mr. Garland is picking up some speed. I hope so. I would be very happy to abandon the sneaking suspicion that he's a do-nothing AG, and substitute evidence that he's thoughtful and thorough.

"There is another world, but it's in this one." (Paul Eluard)
bruto is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th August 2022, 05:30 PM   #1732
BobTheCoward
Suspended

Permanent signature bet that Trump is not charged with anything related to this warrant against a Two week signature bet.

Length of time for payout to be negotiated
BobTheCoward is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th August 2022, 06:07 PM   #1733
Doubt
Philosopher

The Trump Library will end up being a wing of a prison.
Old 8th August 2022, 06:17 PM   #1734
BillC
Bazooka Joe

Apropos of nothing, obviously: https://youtu.be/Hh3bSzDQ1Po

Yeah, I know it was nothing like this. I bet it wasn't even anything like this for Jordan Belfort. But still.
BillC is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th August 2022, 06:34 PM   #1735
Segnosaur
Penultimate Amazing

Re: Raid on Trump property...
Quote:
Some claims that the search had to do with materials removed from the White House.
In other words, the theft of classified materials by the Trump gang
That appears to be the case.

Former U.S. President Donald Trump said in a lengthy statement Monday that the FBI was conducting a search of his Mar-a-Lago estate and asserted that agents had broken open a safe. A person familiar with the matter said the action was related to a probe of whether Trump had taken classified records from his White House tenure to his Florida residence...agents were also looking to see if Trump had additional presidential records or any classified documents at the estate.

So no 'official' statements yet. But, looks like it was the classified documents issue. (as opposed to the tax fraud, jan6 terrorism, or Georgia election interference.)

I'm Mary Poppin's Y'all! - Yondu

We are Groot - Groot
Segnosaur is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th August 2022, 06:36 PM   #1736
crescent
Philosopher

Originally Posted by slyjoe View Post
CNN reports the FBI just executed a search warrant at Mar-A-Lardo. Not much detail yet.
Don't worry, everything is okay. They were just recovering Hunter's laptop and Hillary's emails. Trump was keeping for safe for them all of us! Now that they have the emails and the laptop, the Qanon prophecies will finally come true!

Yay.
crescent is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th August 2022, 06:45 PM   #1737
Doubt
Philosopher

Trump spotted putting on a rabbit suit while flatly stating "My name is Donald Trump. I own a mansion and a yacht."
Old 8th August 2022, 06:48 PM   #1738
dudalb
Penultimate Amazing

Feds have raided Margo Largo in search of evidence.
Donnie has got to be getting nervous.
I ss Iwas beaten to the punch.

Robert Heinlein.
dudalb is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th August 2022, 06:52 PM   #1739
alfaniner
Penultimate Amazing

The thing is, they could be going in for the classified documents warrant, but anything else they turn up in the meantime is fair game as long as the search remains within the warrant boundaries. If there are any.
Old 8th August 2022, 06:57 PM   #1740
Segnosaur
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by alfaniner View Post
The thing is, they could be going in for the classified documents warrant, but anything else they turn up in the meantime is fair game as long as the search remains within the warrant boundaries. If there are any.
Good point.

It would be fantastic if Trump ended up going to jail over the Jan6 terrorist plot, based on evidence that was found because he just had to keep that love letter he got from Kim Jeun Un.

We are Groot - Groot
Segnosaur is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th August 2022, 07:09 PM   #1741
sts60
Illuminator

Originally Posted by Doubt View Post
Trump spotted putting on a rabbit suit while flatly stating "My name is Donald Trump. I own a mansion and a yacht."
ďAgain!Ē
sts60 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th August 2022, 07:59 PM   #1742
JoeMorgue
Self Employed
Remittance Man

I love how the Former President of the United States is under so many investigations for so much wrong-doing that there was a good hour or two there were literally nobody in the public had any idea which was this raid was in relation to.
Old 8th August 2022, 08:06 PM   #1743
Bob001
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Craig4 View Post
The Bureau of Prisons and Secret Service should probably start thinking about how they would handle incarcerating a former president. I imagine it's going to be rather complicated.
It's impossible to believe they would put a former president in an actual prison. I could imagine something like house arrest in an actual house on a military base, or building a special facility on the grounds of a federal prison. But TFG won't be making license plates.

Bob001 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th August 2022, 08:16 PM   #1744
JoeMorgue
Self Employed
Remittance Man

Trump's exactly the kind of ******* to live just long enough for some kind of special facility to be built to house his dumb ass and keep his cult members from breaking him out of it... and keel over his first day there.
Old 8th August 2022, 09:18 PM   #1745
Bob001
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by JoeMorgue View Post
Trump's exactly the kind of ******* to live just long enough for some kind of special facility to be built to house his dumb ass and keep his cult members from breaking him out of it... and keel over his first day there.
I'm thinking along the lines of a single-wide surrounded by a 12-foot barbed-wire fence. Pretty easy to roll in and set up.
Old 8th August 2022, 10:39 PM   #1746
crescent
Philosopher

Originally Posted by crescent View Post
Don't worry, everything is okay. They were just recovering Hunter's laptop and Hillary's emails. Trump was keeping for safe for them all of us! Now that they have the emails and the laptop, the Qanon prophecies will finally come true!

Yay.
I forgot to include Obama's real birth certificate.
crescent is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th August 2022, 10:40 PM   #1747
Norman Alexander
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by crescent View Post
I forgot to include Obama's real birth certificate.
And his tax returns.
...our governments are just trying to protect us from terror. In the same way that someone banging a hornetsí nest with a stick is trying to protect us from hornets. Frankie Boyle, Guardian, July 2015
Norman Alexander is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th August 2022, 12:54 AM   #1748
The Great Zaganza
Maledictorian

My thoughts go towards evidence of agreements between Trump and militant groups regarding Jan 6th: this is the most serious charge Trump currently faces, which makes it the best reason for a Judge to sign off on the warrant.
Old 9th August 2022, 12:57 AM   #1749
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by bruto View Post
Yes, it looks as if Mr. Garland is picking up some speed. I hope so. I would be very happy to abandon the sneaking suspicion that he's a do-nothing AG, and substitute evidence that he's thoughtful and thorough.
What's that saying? Oh, yes..... told ya so!
Stacyhs is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th August 2022, 01:31 AM   #1750
SteveAitch
Muse

Originally Posted by Bob001 View Post
I'm thinking along the lines of a single-wide surrounded by a 12-foot barbed-wire fence. Pretty easy to roll in and set up.
And once he's in, they can dig the alligator moat and put up a second (electrified?) fence.

A minefield and third fence would probably be a bit OTT.

Or maybe they could just get the Mexicans to build a wall around it...

Some people call me 'strange'. I prefer 'unconventional'. But I'm willing to compromise and accept 'eccentric'...
SteveAitch is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th August 2022, 01:46 AM   #1751
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by SteveAitch View Post
And once he's in, they can dig the alligator moat and put up a second (electrified?) fence.

A minefield and third fence would probably be a bit OTT.

Or maybe they could just get the Mexicans to build a wall around it...
I'd suggest the border wall style but we know how easy that is to circumvent.
Stacyhs is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th August 2022, 02:19 AM   #1752
Ladewig
I lost an avatar bet.

Originally Posted by Trump
Trump said, 'which is the best if you had your choice?' and he sort of indicated doctor because he loved looking at my body. It was so strong and powerful."
What’s with the past tense?
Old 9th August 2022, 07:10 AM   #1753
BobTheCoward
Suspended

What is up with Manafort giving polling data to Russians? I mean, it just isn't valuable. A campaigns polling data doesn't say much, and it is far less informative than using 538's polling aggregate.
BobTheCoward is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th August 2022, 07:28 AM   #1754
Segnosaur
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by BobTheCoward View Post
What is up with Manafort giving polling data to Russians? I mean, it just isn't valuable. A campaigns polling data doesn't say much, and it is far less informative than using 538's polling aggregate.
I don't know if we know exactly what polling data was passed on, but it might have been internal polling data which might examine issues in more detail.

538 aggregate polling data might provide numbers like 'X% plan to vote Clinton'. Republican polling data might have information like 'Of all democrats, Y% are concerned about the economy, Z% about foreign policy'.

Those types of details probably won't be included in broad polling data, but would be useful for the Russians to put together a targeted disinformation campaign. (e.g. knowing which issues their bots should push.)

We are Groot - Groot
Old 9th August 2022, 08:50 AM   #1755
BobTheCoward
Suspended

Originally Posted by Segnosaur View Post
I don't know if we know exactly what polling data was passed on, but it might have been internal polling data which might examine issues in more detail.

538 aggregate polling data might provide numbers like 'X% plan to vote Clinton'. Republican polling data might have information like 'Of all democrats, Y% are concerned about the economy, Z% about foreign policy'.

Those types of details probably won't be included in broad polling data, but would be useful for the Russians to put together a targeted disinformation campaign. (e.g. knowing which issues their bots should push.)
538 does examine data like that, and polls ran by the big companies ask those questions and look at those populations.

There just isn't a world where an organization is conducting internal polls and getting better or more significant results than the poll aggregators.
Old 9th August 2022, 08:56 AM   #1756
The Great Zaganza
Maledictorian

It was for directing Russian efforts to help Trump win - according to the Mueller Report.
Old 9th August 2022, 08:57 AM   #1757
BobTheCoward
Suspended

Originally Posted by The Great Zaganza View Post
It was for directing Russian efforts to help Trump win - according to the Mueller Report.
....which is a poor way to do it.
Old 9th August 2022, 09:09 AM   #1758
The Great Zaganza
Maledictorian

....which is a poor way to do it.
I'm sure the FSB will reimburse you for any suggestion on how to influence US elections better.
Old 9th August 2022, 10:56 AM   #1759
shemp
a flimsy character...perfidious and despised

Location: Out back preparing the bunker for the next Civil War
Originally Posted by JoeMorgue View Post
More likely he will just up and die before he ever sees a day in prison or even in a criminal courtroom. And then it will be the fault of Democrats who hounded him to an early grave.
Old 9th August 2022, 11:44 AM   #1760
pgwenthold
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Doubt View Post
Nice

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics