IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags alex jones , infowars

Old 8th August 2022, 09:09 AM   #1001
JoeMorgue
Self Employed
Remittance Man

Originally Posted by Brainster View Post
Well, you know how it is, every time the government lies about something, it proves the conspiracy, no matter what it lies about (and it does lie, quite often). Remember back in the early days of covid, Fauci told us that the masks were useless? Then later he admitted that was just so the hospitals could glom up all the masks?

That is the classic sort of **** that CT believers go nuts over. The goverment tells us not to buy masks, so we should buy masks, to protect ourselves from... the virus that we don't believe in, so why did we buy the masks?
Because they are idiots and lying about all of the motivations?
Old 8th August 2022, 09:21 AM   #1002
ZiprHead
Muse

Well, you know how it is, every time the government lies about something, it proves the conspiracy, no matter what it lies about (and it does lie, quite often). Remember back in the early days of covid, Fauci told us that the masks were useless? Then later he admitted that was just so the hospitals could glom up all the masks?

That is the classic sort of **** that CT believers go nuts over. The goverment tells us not to buy masks, so we should buy masks, to protect ourselves from... the virus that we don't believe in, so why did we buy the masks?
Quote:
This needs context
EVIDENCE

While Fauci, along with several other US health leaders, initially advised people not to wear masks, Fauci later said that he was concerned that there wouldn’t be enough protective equipment for health care workers. This was also early in the pandemic before public health experts fully knew how contagious the disease was and how it spread.

Fauci explained that at that time, “we were not aware that 40 to 45% of people were asymptomatic, nor were we aware that a substantial proportion of people who get infected get infected from people who are without symptoms. That makes it overwhelmingly important for everyone to wear a mask.”

“So when people say, ‘Well, why did you change your stance? And why are you emphasizing masks so much now when back then you didn't -- and in fact you even said you shouldn't because there was a shortage of masks?’ Well the data now are very, very clear,” he said.

“We need to put that nonsense behind us about ‘well, they keep changing their minds,’ ” Fauci said.
https://www.cnn.com/factsfirst/polit...5-1580bc732c45

IIDB is back, baby!
ZiprHead is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th August 2022, 10:01 AM   #1003
trustbutverify
Philosopher

Originally Posted by JoeMorgue View Post
Because they are idiots and lying about all of the motivations?
Judges? Yes, we have a correct answer... JoeMorgue, you control the board.
trustbutverify is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th August 2022, 12:29 PM   #1004
newyorkguy
Penultimate Amazing

Back in February, on an Infowars 'episode,' Alex Jones defended right-wing journalist Lara Logan for likening Dr. Anthony Fauci to Nazi doctor Josef Mengele. Fox News dropped Logan over the comment. Jones defended Logan, saying he thought comparing Fauci to Nazi doctor Josef Mengele was a "very fair comparison."

In March Alex Jones' lawyers appeared in the Austin court and appealed for a delay in Jones being deposed. The lawyers argued that Jones had failed to appear as scheduled because he was too sick to come to court. The lawyers for the plaintiffs objected. Here's what happened next.
Quote:
Plaintiffs’ counsel Christopher Mattei turned on Jones’s show and demonstrated that, at that very moment, the performer was broadcasting live from his studio [in Austin] in the company of Dr. Marble, who was calling for the death of Dr. Anthony Fauci as punishment for combining a “man-made Frankenstein virus . . . into COVID-19” and thereby becoming the “greatest mass-murderer in the history of the world.” Above The Law dot com
Attached Images
File Type: jpg The total package.jpg (20.9 KB, 236 views)
newyorkguy is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th August 2022, 01:23 PM   #1005
dudalb
Penultimate Amazing

Jan 6th Commitee will get all of Jones's texts.
Jones might be paying a return visit to the commitee.

Robert Heinlein.
dudalb is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th August 2022, 01:33 PM   #1006
Foster Zygote
Dental Floss Tycoon

Originally Posted by dudalb View Post
"No! No! Not the House of Pain! Noooooooo!!!"
Counterbalance in the little town of Ridgeview, Ohio. Two people permanently enslaved by the tyranny of fear and superstitution, facing the future with a kind of helpless dread. Two others facing the future with confidence - having escaped one of the darker places of the Twilight Zone.
Foster Zygote is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th August 2022, 02:13 PM   #1007
jimbob
Uncritical "thinker"

See my previous post

You might be amused at the slightly crude tweet to which it was replying.

Originally Posted by jimbob View Post
lowering the tone a bit with the meme in this tweet

https://twitter.com/Tattydread/statu...uhxst42hbS6oEQ

and one reply to it.

Every year since 1990 the US Public healthcare spending has been greater than the UK as a proportion of GDP. More US Tax goes to healthcare than the UK
jimbob is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th August 2022, 03:26 PM   #1008
acbytesla
Penultimate Amazing

They are in possession of them all. Alex Jones admitted today that he sent naked pictures of his wife to Roger Stone.
Old 8th August 2022, 03:27 PM   #1009
trustbutverify
Philosopher

Originally Posted by acbytesla View Post
They are in possession of them all. Alex Jones admitted today that he sent naked pictures of his wife to Roger Stone.
For real?
trustbutverify is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th August 2022, 03:49 PM   #1010
acbytesla
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by trustbutverify View Post
For real?
Yes for real. The January 6th Committee said that they were in possession of the texts.

Roger Stone said that the intimate discussion was that he and Jones "prayed together"

But I guess they didn't get their story straight. Because Alex Jones said on his show he sent a nude picture of his wife to Stone.

You can't make this stuff up.

Last edited by acbytesla; 8th August 2022 at 03:52 PM.
acbytesla is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th August 2022, 04:04 PM   #1011
MBDK
Critical Thinker

I take exception to this comment, as it is incorrect. fauci did not lie. If you wish to discuss this further, please indicate so in a thread properly dedicated to the topic, such as http://www.internationalskeptics.com...357218&page=14
MBDK is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th August 2022, 04:07 PM   #1012
MBDK
Critical Thinker

Originally Posted by ZiprHead View Post
Beat me to it. Thanks. Still better to discuss further, if so desired, in the proper subject thread.
MBDK is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th August 2022, 05:00 PM   #1013
trustbutverify
Philosopher

Yes for real. The January 6th Committee said that they were in possession of the texts.

Roger Stone said that the intimate discussion was that he and Jones "prayed together"

But I guess they didn't get their story straight. Because Alex Jones said on his show he sent a nude picture of his wife to Stone.

I'll tell you... Joe Rogan's bestie is a real classy piece of work.

What garbage these people are.
Old 8th August 2022, 05:03 PM   #1014
newyorkguy
Penultimate Amazing

In a story on The Daily Beast website, it os reported Roger Stone is urging Alex Jones sue his own lawyers over sending the plaintiff's attorneys his phone texts.
Quote:
Far-right conspiracy theorist Alex Jones went on a rant about Sandy Hook family lawyers accidentally obtaining a copy of his phone from his own legal team..."I mean, there was a photo I sent my wife of her naked. Okay, they got that. So, my wife looks pretty good. The point is, there is one naked picture of my wife in there, so that’s what they got! No xxxx pics, no nothing.”

Jones didn’t return The Daily Beast’s request for comment on Sunday morning. link to The Daily Beast report
In April, as Roger Stone was doing a live interview with a host on InfoWars, Alex Jones suddenly appeared on the set shirtless. Why? Because he could, I guess.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg YUCK!.jpg (60.5 KB, 14 views)
newyorkguy is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th August 2022, 05:42 PM   #1015
acbytesla
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by trustbutverify View Post
I'll tell you... Joe Rogan's bestie is a real classy piece of work.

What garbage these people are.
Yes they are that.

Now I have no problem with Alex Jones sending naked pictures of his wife to Roger Stone. That is if his wife consented. If that is your thing it's not my business.

It's the hypocrisy and dishonesty that's annoying.
Old 8th August 2022, 05:49 PM   #1016
acbytesla
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by newyorkguy View Post
In a story on The Daily Beast website, it os reported Roger Stone is urging Alex Jones sue his own lawyers over sending the plaintiff's attorneys his phone texts.

In April, as Roger Stone was doing a live interview with a host on InfoWars, Alex Jones suddenly appeared on the set shirtless. Why? Because he could, I guess.
Roger Stone pretending to be this God believing righteous man is just too much to swallow. This is a guy who use to brag about attending orgies and swings both ways. The woman that he lives with was a Madam. Alex thinks he can do anything.
Old 8th August 2022, 05:53 PM   #1017
Segnosaur
Penultimate Amazing

I hope it was JUST pictures of Jones' wife. Otherwise there is the possibility of a naked Alex Jones as part of the official congressional records.

Sent from my moto e using Tapatalk

I'm Mary Poppin's Y'all! - Yondu

We are Groot - Groot
Segnosaur is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th August 2022, 06:01 PM   #1018
JoeMorgue
Self Employed
Remittance Man

Listen there's still like a 50/50 chance that we as the public are eventually going to see a video of a Russian hooker peeing on an ex-President and I don't know if the generation raised on Goatse and Blue Waffle are high enough percentage of those in power to survive it.

Eventually we're just going to elect one of the creatures from Bird Box to office at this rate.
Old 8th August 2022, 06:19 PM   #1019
Foster Zygote
Dental Floss Tycoon

Originally Posted by Segnosaur View Post
I hope it was JUST pictures of Jones' wife. Otherwise there is the possibility of a naked Alex Jones as part of the official congressional records.

Sent from my moto e using Tapatalk
Nudes of Alex Jones would break the world.

The burning question for me is, did his wife know he sent nude pictures of her to Roger Stone?
Counterbalance in the little town of Ridgeview, Ohio. Two people permanently enslaved by the tyranny of fear and superstitution, facing the future with a kind of helpless dread. Two others facing the future with confidence - having escaped one of the darker places of the Twilight Zone.
Foster Zygote is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th August 2022, 06:29 PM   #1020
angrysoba
Philosophile

Originally Posted by Foster Zygote View Post
Nudes of Alex Jones would break the world.

The burning question for me is, did his wife know he sent nude pictures of her to Roger Stone?
I guess she must have done otherwise why would he admit it on his show?

Of course, it hasn't stopped him saying stupid things before, but he could always have doubled down on everything and say everthing is fake.
Old 8th August 2022, 06:54 PM   #1021
Segnosaur
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by angrysoba View Post
Quote:
I guess she must have done otherwise why would he admit it on his show?
Might have done it as a case of "this is going to get out anyways so I will try some damage control".

We are Groot - Groot
Segnosaur is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th August 2022, 07:23 PM   #1022
Foster Zygote
Dental Floss Tycoon

Might have done it as a case of "this is going to get out anyways so I will try some damage control".
It's hard to know. On the one hand, it seems unlikely that someone would say, "Honey, do you mind if I send these naked pictures of you to Roger Stone?". But on the other hand, this is someone who married Alex Jones.
Old 8th August 2022, 08:05 PM   #1023
The Great Zaganza
Maledictorian

Roger Stone pretending to be this God believing righteous man is just too much to swallow. This is a guy who use to brag about attending orgies and swings both ways. The woman that he lives with was a Madam. Alex thinks he can do anything.
Seems you are not aware that the born-again LOVE to talk for hours about how bad they used to be before being saved, and how flawed they still are.
It's both a defensive mechanism and an accusation that everyone else is just as bad or more, but without the Saving Grace.
Old 8th August 2022, 08:18 PM   #1024
JoeMorgue
Self Employed
Remittance Man

Yep it is one of their most common and stupidest flexes.

"Why before I found Jesus I was blowing members of the Taliban for money to pay for my crack habit..."
Old 8th August 2022, 08:19 PM   #1025
angrysoba
Philosophile

Ah! The old limited hangout strategy!

Yeah, "Sure I sent some nudes of ma lady wife because she is a fine lady.... WHAT?! arranging with the Proud Boys to overthrow democracy! No I already told you what was in those mails so this is a FABRICATION!!! 1776!!!! 1776!!!! Get the DEMONS out of the White House!!!!"
Old 8th August 2022, 09:33 PM   #1026
Foster Zygote
Dental Floss Tycoon

Originally Posted by The Great Zaganza View Post
Seems you are not aware that the born-again LOVE to talk for hours about how bad they used to be before being saved, and how flawed they still are.
It's both a defensive mechanism and an accusation that everyone else is just as bad or more, but without the Saving Grace.
It's been saving the careers of televangelists and charismatic preachers for a long time.
Old 8th August 2022, 11:27 PM   #1027
Pixel42
Schrödinger's cat

Originally Posted by JoeMorgue View Post
Listen there's still like a 50/50 chance that we as the public are eventually going to see a video of a Russian hooker peeing on an ex-President
I thought the famous pee tape was supposed to show Russian hookers peeing on the hotel bed Barack and Michelle Obama had previously slept in whilst Trump watched?
Old 8th August 2022, 11:32 PM   #1028
angrysoba
Philosophile

Originally Posted by Pixel42 View Post
I thought the famous pee tape was supposed to show Russian hookers peeing on the hotel bed Barack and Michelle Obama had previously slept in whilst Trump watched?
That's the other 50%.
Old 9th August 2022, 05:07 AM   #1029
Horatius
NWO Kitty Wrangler

My god, this week feels like the Bizzaro Universe version of Trump's first week in office. Instead of waking up in the morning dreading the moment I learn of Trump's latest stupidity or outrage, I'm waking up to find out the latest fallout of Jones' text messages being released, and it feels fantastic!

In today's episode,

Quote:
Tucker Carlson is ********* himself” over the possibility that texts between him and far-right conspiracy loon Alex Jones will leak, a source close to the Fox News star told Confider.

Carlson and the raving Infowars ranter trade text messages on a daily basis, according to two people familiar with their relationship. If made public, these sources said, the text messages would be “highly embarrassing” for Carlson.
https://www.thedailybeast.com/tucker...texts-may-leak
Old 9th August 2022, 05:13 AM   #1030
Foster Zygote
Dental Floss Tycoon

Originally Posted by Horatius View Post
My god, this week feels like the Bizzaro Universe version of Trump's first week in office. Instead of waking up in the morning dreading the moment I learn of Trump's latest stupidity or outrage, I'm waking up to find out the latest fallout of Jones' text messages being released, and it feels fantastic!

In today's episode,

https://www.thedailybeast.com/tucker...texts-may-leak
Tucker Carlson's delicious tears.
Mod Info

Profanity filter friendly link

https://t.co/gYbYBb9EZp

Posted By:jimbob

Last edited by jimbob; 9th August 2022 at 05:47 AM.
Old 9th August 2022, 05:16 AM   #1031
gnome
Penultimate Amazing

The link has been modified to remove the naughty word, and now doesn't work.

gnome is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th August 2022, 07:11 AM   #1032
ponderingturtle
Orthogonal Vector

Originally Posted by jimbob View Post
A question I was thinking too.

Doesn't sound like something that should be covered by Discovery.
I think they were psycological records for the people in the Connecticut case. I can see the lawyer in that case getting access to them because that is the big part of the damages inflicted here. But the issue seems to be that Alex and the Texas lawyer shouldn't have had them.
ponderingturtle is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th August 2022, 07:36 AM   #1033
Gord_in_Toronto
Penultimate Amazing

Mod Info

Ha. Ha!
Quote:
Carlson and Jones did not respond to multiple requests for comment.
Old 9th August 2022, 07:38 AM   #1034
JayUtah
Penultimate Amazing

Alex can have all the evidence in any of his cases. That's pretty much in the Constitution. But as far as attorneys go, the Texas attorney should not have access to Connecticut plaintiffs' information. Even worse if he has it and releases it to a third party (i.e., Texas plaintiffs) without redaction or assertion of privilege.
JayUtah is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th August 2022, 10:43 AM   #1035
Segnosaur
Penultimate Amazing

Now I have no problem with Alex Jones sending naked pictures of his wife to Roger Stone. That is if his wife consented.
Apparently she didn't....

The wife of conservative radio host Alex Jones told Insider on Tuesday that she was "unaware" her husband sent a nude photo of her to former Donald Trump adviser Roger Stone....Wulff-Jones confirmed to Insider that she didn't know about the text message exchange, but seemed uninterested in pursuing charges against her husband.

She did have a rather cryptic statement at the end:

"I am upset that he took privilege to send the image to someone without my knowledge. However, that's really the least of my problems right now," Wulff-Jones added.

We are Groot - Groot
Old 9th August 2022, 10:53 AM   #1036
Mike!
Official Ponylandistanian National Treasure. Respect it!

Location: Ponylandistan! Where the bacon grows on trees! Can it get any better than that? I submit it can not!
Apparently she didn't....

The wife of conservative radio host Alex Jones told Insider on Tuesday that she was "unaware" her husband sent a nude photo of her to former Donald Trump adviser Roger Stone....Wulff-Jones confirmed to Insider that she didn't know about the text message exchange, but seemed uninterested in pursuing charges against her husband.

She did have a rather cryptic statement at the end:

"I am upset that he took privilege to send the image to someone without my knowledge. However, that's really the least of my problems right now," Wulff-Jones added.
... And the temperature in the room physically dropped ten degrees as she spoke those words...
Old 9th August 2022, 01:05 PM   #1037
acbytesla
Penultimate Amazing

Alex Jones's lawyers are in almost as much hot water as Jones is right now.

Keep in mind that not only are they potentially being sued by Jones for malpractice but could easily be disbarred. Not for sending documents and texts to the plaintiff's attorneys but for not sending them. As officers of the court they have a duty for disclosure. They were ordered to turn over any text that referenced Sandy Hook. They didn't.

Last edited by acbytesla; 9th August 2022 at 01:16 PM.
acbytesla is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th August 2022, 01:12 PM   #1038
Norman Alexander
Penultimate Amazing

Keep in mind that not only are they potentially in being sued by Jones for malpractice but could easily be disbarred. Not for sending documents and texts to the plaintiff's attorneys but for not sending them. As officers of the court they have a duty for disclosure. They were ordered to turn over any text that referenced Sandy Hook. They didn't.
Could Jones have instructed them not to?
...our governments are just trying to protect us from terror. In the same way that someone banging a hornets’ nest with a stick is trying to protect us from hornets. Frankie Boyle, Guardian, July 2015
Norman Alexander is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th August 2022, 01:13 PM   #1039
Trebuchet
Penultimate Amazing

Mod Info

Paywalled, at least for me. But I find it hard to imagine anything more embarrassing than simply BEING Tucker Carlson.
Old 9th August 2022, 01:19 PM   #1040
JoeMorgue
Self Employed
Remittance Man

Keep in mind that not only are they potentially in being sued by Jones for malpractice but could easily be disbarred. Not for sending documents and texts to the plaintiff's attorneys but for not sending them. As officers of the court they have a duty for disclosure. They were ordered to turn over any text that referenced Sandy Hook. They didn't.
I mentioned earlier in the thread that the most amazing part of that moment was, despite how courtroom dramas would have us think court works, those kind of "You just activated my trap card" swerve moments are incredibly rare in court and a lot of courtroom procedures and policies exist specifically to keep stuff like that from happening.

Like there's screwing up, and there's screwing up in way that's so cliche it doesn't actually happen.

Like it's unfair to say the lawyers fell for "Updog" because it's more like they went "Hey could you casually drop the word Updog into a sentence to bait me into asking 'What's Updog?" and somehow still falling for it when it happens.

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories