ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags CFR conspiracies , conspiracy nut , Lyndon LaRouche

Old 14th February 2019, 12:11 AM   #1
Brainster
Penultimate Amazing

CFR Finally Silences Lyndon LaRouche

Possibly the guy who built the greatest conspiracy clan of the 20th century has been offed by the Council on Foreign Relations died.

I was approached several times in the 1970s by the LaRouchees. Hell, the 1970s were the golden age of crazy cults. You had the Scientologists, the Numerologists (anybody remember them?), the People's Temple and any number of other zany groups.

LaRouche is very much like Hubbard in that he managed to keep his group going and supplying him with funds. However, since he ran a political organization rather than a religious one, he required periodic purges of of the older members, to keep the younger set interested.
Brainster is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th February 2019, 12:22 AM   #2
Norman Alexander
Illuminator

Can we have his stuff?
...our governments are just trying to protect us from terror. In the same way that someone banging a hornets’ nest with a stick is trying to protect us from hornets. Frankie Boyle, Guardian, July 2015
Norman Alexander is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th February 2019, 08:46 AM   #3
kookbreaker
Evil Fokker

Every now and then I would see the Larouchies have a table near a downtown shopping mall using a space that seemed to rotate between them, the Jehovahs Witnesses, the Black Israelites, and that crazy preacher guy with the bedazzled jean jacket that spelled out the words “Jesus was White”. The LaRouche table always seemed undermanned, having only a single older guy trying to hand out pamphlets about how the Queen of England was a drug dealer, etc.

The high water mark for the LL cult in PA was when one of their members managed to make it past the primaries due to having an English last name while her opponent had a longer PA Dutch name. It didn’t go any further than a brief furor and the Local DNC made sure to all but openly mock any LL candidates in the primaries. I don’t know what successes they may have had elsewhere.

Thanks for helping me win Best Toys in Philly Voter in 2011,2012, and 2014! We won' be discussing the disappointment that was 2013.
kookbreaker is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th February 2019, 09:09 AM   #4
Donal
Illuminator

I'm pretty sure they picked up a notable mayor win or two and some legislator seats.
Donal is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th February 2019, 09:46 AM   #5
dann
Philosopher

I see people in Copenhagen hand out flyers from the Schiller Institute (Wikipedia) now and then. I don't think they go by any other name in Denmark.
"Stupidity renders itself invisible by assuming very large proportions. Completely unreasonable claims are irrefutable. Ni-en-leh pointed out that a philosopher might get into trouble by claiming that two times two makes five, but he does not risk much by claiming that two times two makes shoe polish." B. Brecht
"The abolition of religion as the illusory happiness of the people is required for their real happiness. The demand to give up the illusion about its condition is the demand to give up a condition which needs illusions." K. Marx
dann is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th February 2019, 12:22 PM   #6
dudalb
Penultimate Amazing

And nothing of any real value was lost....
I think his belief that the Queen of Great Britian was behind the international drug trade was his masterpiece of looniness.

Robert Heinlein.
dudalb is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th February 2019, 12:27 PM   #7
ahhell
Master Poster

I thought he had died years or even decades ago. Also, its larouchites, not larouchees. (said in the most condescending tone possible.) I hope the organizations sticks around, otherwise I miss seeing posters of the current president with a hitler moustache.
ahhell is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th February 2019, 12:36 PM   #8
dudalb
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by kookbreaker View Post
Every now and then I would see the Larouchies have a table near a downtown shopping mall using a space that seemed to rotate between them, the Jehovahs Witnesses, the Black Israelites, and that crazy preacher guy with the bedazzled jean jacket that spelled out the words “Jesus was White”. The LaRouche table always seemed undermanned, having only a single older guy trying to hand out pamphlets about how the Queen of England was a drug dealer, etc.

The high water mark for the LL cult in PA was when one of their members managed to make it past the primaries due to having an English last name while her opponent had a longer PA Dutch name. It didn’t go any further than a brief furor and the Local DNC made sure to all but openly mock any LL candidates in the primaries. I don’t know what successes they may have had elsewhere.
The biggest gain the Larounches ever made was in Illinois in 1986, where a couple of Larouche supporters got the Democratic Nomination for some statewide offices.forcing the state Democratic party to form a new party to run some non loons for the state offices.
Thus you had the Demoractic Candidate for Governor actually denouncing candiates on his own ticket and endorsing those of an Indepenent ticket.

Sadly, in the late 70's Larouche's moon battery went from relatively harmless to dangerous, when he embraced Anti Semitism. He claimed it was just Anti Zionism, but it was the same old "Jews are plotting to take over the world" garbage.

Robert Heinlein.
dudalb is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th February 2019, 12:38 PM   #9
dudalb
Penultimate Amazing

A fervent Larouche supporter used to post here on a regular basis.

BTW it's only fair to say that any relations between what the actual German Philisopher Schiller said and what Larouch says he said is purely coincidental....

Robert Heinlein.
Old 14th February 2019, 01:51 PM   #10
CaptainHowdy
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by Brainster View Post
Possibly the guy who built the greatest conspiracy clan of the 20th century has been offed by the Council on Foreign Relations died.

I was approached several times in the 1970s by the LaRouchees. Hell, the 1970s were the golden age of crazy cults. You had the Scientologists, the Numerologists (anybody remember them?), the People's Temple and any number of other zany groups.

LaRouche is very much like Hubbard in that he managed to keep his group going and supplying him with funds. However, since he ran a political organization rather than a religious one, he required periodic purges of of the older members, to keep the younger set interested.
I didn't know this guy had been alive all this time. I remember when he bought a half hour time slot on one of the networks (CBS, ABC, or NBC) during prime time so he could ramble on about nothing back in the 1980s. I thought he looked old back then.
CaptainHowdy is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories