ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories » 9/11 Conspiracy Theories

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags Mark Basile

Old 12th February 2019, 01:43 PM   #921
dudalb
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by carlitos View Post
5 years later, that site still looks fresh and new. I almost expect to see a "Netscape Now!" button or a dancing baby animation.
In the land of the Truthers, it's always 2002....

Robert Heinlein.
dudalb is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th February 2019, 02:13 PM   #922
DGM
Skeptic not Atheist

5 years later, that site still looks fresh and new. I almost expect to see a "Netscape Now!" button or a dancing baby animation.
My favorite is the "5th Annual 9/11 Physics Debate for 2018" where they "won" by default because no one accepted the challenge to "debate". If I remember, ANETA awarded the proceeds to themselves (Mark Basile) for this.....

"How many leaves on the seventh branch of the fourth tree?" is meaningless when you are in the wrong forest: ozeco41
DGM is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th February 2019, 02:33 PM   #923
benthamitemetric
Muse

Originally Posted by DGM View Post
My favorite is the "5th Annual 9/11 Physics Debate for 2018" where they "won" by default because no one accepted the challenge to "debate". If I remember, ANETA awarded the proceeds to themselves (Mark Basile) for this.....
As far as I can tell, Rick Shaddock, not Mark Basile, runs ANETA and would thus get to keep the proceeds. ANETA is an entirely fake charity (there is no formed or registered charitable entity that corresponds with it) that uses a fake office space mailing address in a rent-by-the-hour space to lend itself legitimacy to the unwary (e.g., truthers).

When I looked into it a few years ago, I found three other similar fake charities then run by Rick:
  1. "Association for Digital Currency" (http://a-dc.org/donate/index.htm)
  2. "Association for John Kennedy Assassination Truth" (http://jfktruth.org/donate/index.htm)
  3. "Association for Barack Obama Identity Truth" (http://www.obamatruth.us/donate/index.htm)

There may be others. Rick Shaddock is probably an even bigger fraudster than "Ziggi Zugam" or Mark Basile.

I hope truthers one day wake up and realize their "movement" leaders are simply preying upon them and monetizing their predilection to believe nonsense.

Last edited by benthamitemetric; 12th February 2019 at 02:35 PM.
benthamitemetric is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th February 2019, 03:50 PM   #924
DGM
Skeptic not Atheist

Originally Posted by benthamitemetric View Post
As far as I can tell, Rick Shaddock, not Mark Basile, runs ANETA and would thus get to keep the proceeds.
I seriously doubt there was ever a real study. The amount collected was likely exaggerated to inflate the image of what was the "truth movement" during the Bush hate years (truther heyday). Shaddock even "cut off" Basile a few years ago for not getting results, what happened with that?

I seriously doubt anyone will claim fraud on this because the effort in small claims court is too great.............

"How many leaves on the seventh branch of the fourth tree?" is meaningless when you are in the wrong forest: ozeco41
DGM is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th February 2019, 04:34 PM   #925
carlitos
"más divertido"

Shaddock posted here for a hot minute. Boy was he a real beauty.
carlitos is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th February 2019, 06:38 PM   #926
Oystein
Penultimate Amazing

LOL
One is almost surprised to not see any MARQUEE tag on that page!

I giggle at Rick for pushing at the same time Chandler, Legge, Wyndham on one hand, the CitizenInvestigationTeam on the other. Could Rick Shaddock please try to agree with Rick Shaddock on whether or not a large plane hit the Pentagon?
Old 14th February 2019, 06:25 PM   #927
bknight
Graduate Poster

I thought it was a Cruise missile in
bknight is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories » 9/11 Conspiracy Theories