ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories » 9/11 Conspiracy Theories

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags jason bermas , loose change

Old 8th May 2008, 06:55 AM   #1
Totovader
Game Warden

Firefighter Responds to LC:FC

I found this letter to the editor in a Pennslyvania newspaper this morning:

Quote:
Filmmakers distort facts of 9/11 attacks

As a captain with Brooklyn, N.Y.'s only volunteer fire department and a first responder on that day from hell, Sept. 11, 2001, I am greatly insulted by the reckless abandon displayed by the young film makers featured in a May 3 article.
Listen up conspiracists, this is what the general public thinks about you.

He brings the point home with this statement- something I think we're all especially troubled by:

Quote:
I attended many a funeral in the following months and years of friends, neighbors, police officers and brother firefighters all laid to rest with honor. For these two youths to disgrace those memories and moreso the families, goes beyond appalling.

My only hope is that not one dime of profit be seen by these two, and if by chance a profit is realized, that the proceeds go to widows and a children's fund.
Unfortunately, the LC crew never held up to their promise to exceed donations of those from the sales of United 93, and instead have kept a majority of the proceeds as far as I know.

Full editorial here.

Totovader's 9/11 Conspiracy Challenge Still unanswered!

Last edited by Totovader; 8th May 2008 at 06:57 AM. Reason: too tired today
Totovader is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th May 2008, 06:57 AM   #2
X
Slide Rulez 4 Life

Link to letter.

Thank you, Totovader.

ETA: Nevermind. I missed the link the first time around.

[X's posts are] ...as good as having 24 hours of Justin Bieber piped into your ears! - kmortis

Last edited by X; 8th May 2008 at 07:03 AM.
X is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th May 2008, 06:59 AM   #3
Cobalt
Tobikan Judan

He raised a good question in the end there. Thanks for the link.
Old 8th May 2008, 07:15 AM   #4
Drudgewire
Critical Doofus

Originally Posted by Cobalt View Post
He raised a good question in the end there. Thanks for the link.
It wouldn't surprise me if the parents were thrilled. Let's not forget, we live in an age where a parent praises their daughter for being stupid enough to travel across the globe and stand in front of a bulldozer, then tries to sue to Caterpillar over the "injustice."
"You post a lie, it is proven 100% false, you move the goalposts and post yet another lie and it continues on around till we're back to the original lie as if it will somehow become true if it's re-iterated again. The same misquotes over and over again. The same hindsight bias, appeals to authority, etc."
-lapman describing every twoofer on the internet
Drudgewire is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th May 2008, 07:34 AM   #5
Cobalt
Tobikan Judan

Originally Posted by Drudgewire View Post
It wouldn't surprise me if the parents were thrilled. Let's not forget, we live in an age where a parent praises their daughter for being stupid enough to travel across the globe and stand in front of a bulldozer, then tries to sue to Caterpillar over the "injustice."
Nothing like a lawsuit to make Mom proud. Forget my stupid idea of medical school, I'm just gonna go slip and fall at the costco and get me a $53,000 settlement!

(bonus points for anyone who knows the reference.)

ETA: Actually, has anyone ever seen any communication with or from the 'rents of the LC boys?

Last edited by Cobalt; 8th May 2008 at 07:40 AM.
Cobalt is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th May 2008, 07:46 AM   #6
The Silver Shadow
Graduate Poster

Nothing like a lawsuit to make Mom proud. Forget my stupid idea of medical school, I'm just gonna go slip and fall at the costco and get me a $53,000 settlement!

(bonus points for anyone who knows the reference.)
Lucky from King of the Hill...
I've accomplished more without film school than most people, such as yourself, will EVER accomplish. Period. Jealousy is a bitch, and I'm sorry you're experiencing it, but don't spew ******** like that and expect to not be corrected. This is why you were banned from my forums in the first place.
- Dylan Avery on the budget of his film.
The Silver Shadow is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th May 2008, 07:47 AM   #7
e^n
Muse

ETA: Actually, has anyone ever seen any communication with or from the 'rents of the LC boys?
Dylan's mother used to post on LC. Lets not make this personal though.
Old 8th May 2008, 10:04 AM   #8
Bobert
Illuminator

I am sure that letter was planted by the NWO as a hit piece against the truth movement.
I am sure our resident truthers will be along to say
"show me proof that he is a fireman"
"yet another hit piece designed to discredit the truth movement"
"LOL firefighter ya right"
'LOL this guy is only a volunteer"
"I wonder how much he was paid to plant that"

Remember truth kids....CRACK KILLS
Bobert is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th May 2008, 10:39 AM   #9
VespaGuy
Graduate Poster

It's like having a conspiracy genie... just say Loose Change, clap your hands, and an idiot appears:

http://forums.poconorecord.com/n/pfx...tag=pr-opinion

Quote:
I am Dylan Avery, one of the filmmakers behind Loose Change.First and foremost, I'd recommend this captain to check out the numerous firefighters that have come forward disputing the official story of what happened to the Twin Towers and WTC7. Just because he's a captain of a volunteer company that responded that day doesn't make him the judge and jury of what happened.There are three versions because, as one became popular, we realized there were better points to raise and more people to interview. The Final Cut is merely a culmination of the people that have to come to us with both information and testimony that refutes what we were told.Do you still read history books from the 1970s, Mr. Fire Captain? Is it a lie that multiple wargames were going on that morning that interfered with our response?Is it a lie that there are staggering connections between lead hijacker Mohammed Atta, the Pakistani ISI, and the American CIA?Is it a lie that the official investigation into what happened was severely tainted and compromised, AS STATED BY THE FAMILY MEMBERS AND SURVIVORS THEMSELVES?We disgrace and dishonor no one. Your empty rhetoric proves nothing; all it proves is that you are more willing to hurl assumptions and accusations instead of objectively studying the information we have presented.And way to end with a personal attack about Korey and Jason Berma(S)' parents. Real upstanding of you.
Old 8th May 2008, 10:42 AM   #10
Cobalt
Tobikan Judan

Originally Posted by The Silver Shadow View Post
Lucky from King of the Hill...
Bonus points in mail!

Originally Posted by e^n View Post
Dylan's mother used to post on LC. Lets not make this personal though.
I just wondered if they'd ever had a take on it. I mean no disrespect to them whatsoever.
Old 8th May 2008, 10:47 AM   #11
TexasJack
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by VespaGuy View Post
It's like having a conspiracy genie... just say Loose Change, clap your hands, and an idiot appears:

LOL, so typical of Avery.
TexasJack is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th May 2008, 11:16 AM   #12
VespaGuy
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by TexasJack View Post
LOL, so typical of Avery.
Speaking of Dylan, has anyone seen his latest blog? http://loosechange911.blogspot.com/

He includes a fake magazine cover he found on Something Awful. The magazine is called "SOPHISM" with Ann Coulter as the cover girl, and the topics are: Ann Coulter Undresses Evolution; Pascal's Wager: Proof of God; and Loose Change: Examining 9/11.

Dylan's comment is:
Quote:
"Obviously it's not "press" but it's still hilarious."
Does he even know what sophism means? (it's got more letters than simile, so I doubt it).

Dylan... they are making fun of you and your silly video!!!

Ok, sorry about the derail...
Old 8th May 2008, 11:18 AM   #13
Spud1k
+5 Goatee of Pedantry

He probably just got all excited because someone is paying attention to his film.
Spud1k is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th May 2008, 11:22 AM   #14
Undesired Walrus
Penultimate Amazing

Quote:
it a lie that there are staggering connections between lead hijacker Mohammed Atta, the Pakistani ISI, and the American CIA?
Yes, it is.

Idiot.

Last edited by Undesired Walrus; 8th May 2008 at 11:23 AM.
Undesired Walrus is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th May 2008, 11:37 AM   #15
Undesired Walrus
Penultimate Amazing

Looking at that link to his blog, I came across this:

Quote:
To Screw Loose Change, to Mark Roberts, to Maddox, to the creator of "Dylan Avery: Shut the Hell Up", to all those people who have sent me the most vicious, hateful language humanly possible ...

You don't know me, and you never will. Just because you've watched someone on Youtube does not mean you know them, their mindset, their environment or their intentions.

None of you worthless pricks have ever taken the chance to sit down and have a rational, mature conversation with me about who I am and why I do what I do. All you've done is spread hate and attack me in every imaginable way. Yeah, I said some stupid **** back in April, 2005, but I've also apologized for it and clarified what I meant several times. And I'm not about to apologize again to stroke your *********** egos some more.

Phew. Now that that's out of the way ...

Despite what the aforementioned toolboxes would like you to believe, the movement continues to grow, and LCFC continues to spread across the country and across the world. International distributors are slowly lining up, and domestic ones are still being pursued. There are a number of events coming up that we will be present for, but, this is where you come in:
Seems like he is in some emotional pain.
Old 8th May 2008, 11:50 AM   #16
kookbreaker
Evil Fokker

Dylan has some mighty big shadows to project.

Thanks for helping me win Best Toys in Philly Voter in 2011,2012, and 2014! We won' be discussing the disappointment that was 2013.
kookbreaker is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th May 2008, 12:41 PM   #17
Pookster
Graduate Poster

Quote:
None of you worthless pricks have ever taken the chance to sit down and have a rational, mature conversation with me about who I am and why I do what I do.
I could've sworn that was Mark Roberts sitting with Dylan on that Hardfire show. I swear it looked like him. Dylan never said anything much, so it's kinda hard to do a voice verification. But I'm pretty sure it was Mark there.
Pookster is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th May 2008, 01:31 PM   #18
Drudgewire
Critical Doofus

Hahaha, few things more entertaining than watching a world-class putz as he approaches the 14:55 mark of his 15 minutes.
"You post a lie, it is proven 100% false, you move the goalposts and post yet another lie and it continues on around till we're back to the original lie as if it will somehow become true if it's re-iterated again. The same misquotes over and over again. The same hindsight bias, appeals to authority, etc."
Drudgewire is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th May 2008, 01:37 PM   #19
Sword_Of_Truth
Penultimate Amazing

I flatly reject your two-dimensional portrayal of a very complex issue.
Sword_Of_Truth is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th May 2008, 01:38 PM   #20
Stellafane
Village Idiot.

Hahaha, few things more entertaining than watching a world-class putz as he approaches the 14:55 mark of his 15 minutes.
Actually, I think we're approaching the 16 minute mark. Dylan is done; 99% of the people who know of him are either diehard truthers or debunkers looking for a cheap laugh (and he's as cheap as they come). No one else knows or cares "who he is and why he does what he does."

Poor Dylan. Can't really call him a has-been, more like a never-was.

Last edited by Stellafane; 8th May 2008 at 01:41 PM.
Stellafane is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th May 2008, 01:41 PM   #21
Undesired Walrus
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Pookster View Post
I could've sworn that was Mark Roberts sitting with Dylan on that Hardfire show. I swear it looked like him. Dylan never said anything much, so it's kinda hard to do a voice verification. But I'm pretty sure it was Mark there.
"who I am and why I do what I do."
Sounds more like he is asking for an interview on Letterman. How dare those debunkers not take the time to interview Dylan about his life?

If I was an egotistical snob, I'd be pretty pissed off that nobody was taking an interest in my life either.
Old 8th May 2008, 01:44 PM   #22
Stellafane
Village Idiot.

Originally Posted by Undesired Walrus View Post
"who I am and why I do what I do."
Sounds more like he is asking for an interview on Letterman. How dare those debunkers not take the time to interview Dylan about his life?

If I was an egotistical snob, I'd be pretty pissed off that nobody was taking an interest in my life either.
Of course, it's kind of hard to converse with someone who, if you ask him a single question he doesn't want to answer, will either cut you off or ban you (depending on the medium involved).

What a snot...

Last edited by Stellafane; 8th May 2008 at 01:45 PM.
Stellafane is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th May 2008, 01:46 PM   #23
1337m4n
Alphanumeric Anonymous Stick Man

Was that really written by Avery? He doesn't seem like the type who would spend his busy time posting on every minor newspaper.

The comment is also written weirdly...it starts off civil and polite, but towards the end there is obvious hostility showing.

Seems more like it was written by a particularly zealous Dylan fanboy. I dunno, that's just my guess. I could be wrong.

"The evidence that the attacks of 9/11 were an inside job just keeps not coming in." --pomeroo
1337m4n is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th May 2008, 01:55 PM   #24
Drudgewire
Critical Doofus

Originally Posted by Sword_Of_Truth View Post
I flatly reject your two-dimensional portrayal of a very complex issue.
*snicker*
Old 8th May 2008, 02:57 PM   #25
SpitfireIX
Illuminator

*snicker*

Take it to Politics, guys.
3) "You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means." --Inigo Montoya
SpitfireIX is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th May 2008, 03:21 PM   #26
MarkyX
Master Poster

I decided to register there due to sheer boredom and..

wow, I already made one truther admit the "family are liars" and another can't even prove thermite is used in controlled demolition.

Seriously, this is making me feel more guilty than kicking puppies.
Old 8th May 2008, 03:23 PM   #27
Thunder
Banned

volunteer firefighter my butt. this guy is a CIA agent.

=)
Thunder is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th May 2008, 06:41 PM   #28
Elizabeth I
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Dylan Avery via Undesired Walrus
To Screw Loose Change, to Mark Roberts, to Maddox, to the creator of "Dylan Avery: Shut the Hell Up", to all those people who have sent me the most vicious, hateful language humanly possible ...
SLC and Mark Roberts were hateful? Vicious? What did they do, tell him the truth about himself?

But it's okay to call first responders liars and goldbricks. That's not vicious or hateful. Oh, no...
Elizabeth I is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th May 2008, 06:53 PM   #29
Bobert
Illuminator

No wonder he was rejected by 3 film schools.
Does he know how to type in paragraphs?
Bobert is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th May 2008, 06:58 PM   #30
SpitfireIX
Illuminator

Originally Posted by Elizabeth I View Post
SLC and Mark Roberts were hateful? Vicious? What did they do, tell him the truth about himself?

But it's okay to call first responders liars and goldbricks. That's not vicious or hateful. Oh, no...

I fail to see what could be more vicious or hateful than insinuating that a man could send his own son to die in a fake terrorist attack.
3) "You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means." --Inigo Montoya
SpitfireIX is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th May 2008, 07:02 PM   #31
Unsecured Coins
Hoku-maniac

it's Amazing.... Dylan can respond to a firefighter but he won't go near my videos with a 10 foot pole...

wonder why?

ETA - I actually emailed Dylan about having a sit down talk. When I told him where I was... he... didn't want to talk anymore.

Last edited by Unsecured Coins; 8th May 2008 at 07:03 PM.
Unsecured Coins is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th May 2008, 07:03 PM   #32
Drudgewire
Critical Doofus

Originally Posted by Unsecured Coins View Post
it's Amazing.... Dylan can respond to a firefighter but he won't go near my videos with a 10 foot pole...

wonder why?
Probably because of all the dirty words, potty mouth. He's quite sensitive you know.
Old 8th May 2008, 07:59 PM   #33
Unsecured Coins
Hoku-maniac

[rule 10] him and [rule 10] you too.
Unsecured Coins is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories » 9/11 Conspiracy Theories