ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories » 9/11 Conspiracy Theories

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags david ray griffin , loose change , nwo , steven jones

Old 29th January 2010, 10:48 AM   #1
cratorius
Student

Have DRG, LC, Gage or Steven Jones professed any belief in the NWO conspiracy

Did a search, didn't find anything.

Are there any references to NWO in their work. I have seen the loose change films, but don't remember any references. Or have these people rejected them, like they have rejected no-planers, and probably do not agree with "vic-simmers"?
cratorius is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th January 2010, 03:06 PM   #2
Luntoc
Scholar

Originally Posted by cratorius View Post
Did a search, didn't find anything.

Are there any references to NWO in their work. I have seen the loose change films, but don't remember any references. Or have these people rejected them, like they have rejected no-planers, and probably do not agree with "vic-simmers"?
Well, I've read all of Griffn's books and haven't read anything regarding the NWO. The only person that really talks about it is Alex Jones. But it's no surprise considering he believes that 80% of the world's population is going to wiped out.
Luntoc is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th January 2010, 03:11 PM   #3
Edx
Philosopher

Im pretty sure Loose Changers are NWOists.

You act like NWO belief is as crazy as Space Beams, its almost the backbone of trutherism.
Edx is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th January 2010, 06:19 PM   #4
cratorius
Student

Well, it is logical step to take, otherwise you wouldn't be able to explain why the media has been quiet about it. But the reason I asked is that I wonder if there are truthers out there who think NWO conspiracists are loons.
cratorius is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 31st January 2010, 01:45 PM   #5
grandthefttoaster
Thinker

Originally Posted by Luntoc View Post
Well, I've read all of Griffn's books and haven't read anything regarding the NWO. The only person that really talks about it is Alex Jones. But it's no surprise considering he believes that 80% of the world's population is going to wiped out.
David Ray Griffin is a proponent of a world government, so I would imagine that would be a hard belief to reconcile with an anti-NWO belief.

YouTube Video This video is not hosted by the ISF. The ISF can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website.
I AGREE
Old 1st February 2010, 08:16 AM   #6
Scott Sommers
Illuminator

This is a very good point and consistant with my statement that WAC has no ideology behind it. It's just a loose collection of ideas they believe oppose 'The Man' or whatever it is they think they oppose.

We Are Changers talk endlessly about a New World Order. Many of them listen to Alex Jones and cite Prison Planet.

Steven Jones is a Mormon. I have never heard that he believes in a NWO and would be surprised if he does.
I've seen it here and in several other places that there is no Illuminati. That doesn't even make sense. There's a Wikipedia entry that talks about it. I'm not saying that everything on Wikipedia is true, but if you read it, it's just really clear how the Illuminati controls the world.
Scott Sommers is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd February 2010, 08:17 PM   #7
dropzone
Master Poster

Unless it were a MORMON NWO! (cue the creepy music)

FTR: The Mormons I have known were kind, surprisingly tolerant, family folk. Even the one who joined because of her crush on Donnie Osmond. (God bless her, she wanted a family and was not on the top ten of anybody's dance card, but I'm sure the Saints worked that out, as Twain knew 150yrs ago.) The "South Park" episode captures it: You may not agree with their theology, but they are damned nice. Er, except ones who make up #$%^ from the whole cloth, whether it makes sense of not. Coming from a family tree full of the mentally ill I know the difference between the truth, BS, and the ravings of a madman, and Jones is full of BS.
dropzone is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd February 2010, 08:24 PM   #8
Scott Sommers
Illuminator

Originally Posted by dropzone View Post
Unless it were a MORMON NWO! (cue the creepy music)

FTR: The Mormons I have known were kind, surprisingly tolerant, family folk. Even the one who joined because of her crush on Donnie Osmond. (God bless her, she wanted a family and was not on the top ten of anybody's dance card, but I'm sure the Saints worked that out, as Twain knew 150yrs ago.) The "South Park" episode captures it: You may not agree with their theology, but they are damned nice. Er, except ones who make up #$%^ from the whole cloth, whether it makes sense of not. Coming from a family tree full of the mentally ill I know the difference between the truth, BS, and the ravings of a madman, and Jones is full of BS.
I didn't mean to imply anything about LDS, except that Jones is one. My implication was that being a member of such a belief system would make it difficult to accept the quasi-spiritual description of the NWO.
I've seen it here and in several other places that there is no Illuminati. That doesn't even make sense. There's a Wikipedia entry that talks about it. I'm not saying that everything on Wikipedia is true, but if you read it, it's just really clear how the Illuminati controls the world.
Scott Sommers is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd February 2010, 08:44 PM   #9
grandthefttoaster
Thinker

Originally Posted by scott.in.taiwan View Post
I didn't mean to imply anything about LDS, except that Jones is one. My implication was that being a member of such a belief system would make it difficult to accept the quasi-spiritual description of the NWO.
What quasi-spiritual description? I'm sure there are Mormon NWOer's. One of the original NWO promoters was Mormon and future Glen Beck inspiration W. Cleon Skousen.
Old 3rd February 2010, 09:15 PM   #10
dropzone
Master Poster

Bro, the South Park episode also notes that their beliefs are based on what adherents to (other, at this point) mainstream faiths see as complete BS. Which is something the mainstream and many of us here can come together on. Its lesson was that we can like and admire someone while ignoring other things we theologically, were we Catholic, Protestant, Jewish, Muslim, atheist, or whatever, would think is dead wrong. I was the one apologizing to my LDS friends, who already know I like them but believe they are theologically bat#$%^ crazy (and the belief is returned, but not in kind, as they think I'm merely misinformed--I really, truly, HATE nice people).

OTOH, all faiths have their outliers. Jones is either crazy, a liar, or completely incapable of getting a clue when it's handed to him along with a quarter for his troubles. I like to think he opened Door #3, but suspect he opened #2.

Last edited by dropzone; 3rd February 2010 at 09:20 PM.
dropzone is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd February 2010, 09:55 PM   #11
Sword_Of_Truth
Penultimate Amazing

Token Mormon here.

I would be surprised if Jones does not believe in the NWO. I was a mormon NWO believer and I know a few others who still are. For the record, I've read one of Skousens books, "The Naked Communist" but I skipped the follow up where he delves deep into conspiracism, "The Naked Capitalist" (I am even related to Cleon Skousen).

Generally, NWO conspiracism has fallen out of favor amongst the majority of mormons. Thought it is still strong among mormon 9/11 truthers.

The Beck-Skousen connection is not quite as clear cut as some people think. For one thing, Cleon Skousens newphew, Joel Skousen is a hardcore 9/11 truther and member of Rob Balsamos band of casual amateur traitors. While Glenn Beck, on the other hand has hammered the truthers at nearly every opportunity.

Beck has endorsed the view that extremist islam is a threat to the west (contrary to the common truther view that muslims wouldn't be upset if we weren't forcing them to live next door to jews).

Beck, after saying "I can't debunk the FEMA camps" (which he got misquoted on here a lot) brought on popular truther rage-target Popular Mechanics Editor James Meigs to debunk the FEMA camps nonsense.

Beck, after the killings of three police officers in Pittsburgh and the killing of a security guard at the Holocaust museum in Washington DC by 9/11 truthers declared that truthers are out to destroy America, which in turn resulted in a lot of hot air about a potential lawsuit by a butt-hurt truther (though considering the plaintiffs criminal record, it was possible that this was an attempt to solicit donations from the chronically gullible).

And most recently, Glenn Beck claimed his first major trophy by exposing ex "Green Jobs Czar" Van Jones as a 9/11 truther and forcing his resignation.

Becks own opinions and the content of his program may skirt the outer edge of conspiracism, but the relations between himself and the truthers is effectively a state of open warfare. A war that Beck has yet to lose a battle in (as though anyone could lose against them).

Last edited by Sword_Of_Truth; 3rd February 2010 at 09:56 PM.
Sword_Of_Truth is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd February 2010, 10:21 PM   #12
Sword_Of_Truth
Penultimate Amazing

Actually, quite the opposite. There is a scripture in the Book of Mormon that prophesies of a "secret combination" in the latter-days that will "seek to overthrow the freedoms of all nations".

The NWO as it is described in the most popular conspiracist literature fits that description. But the problem with vague religious prophecies is that many other things also fit that description. Like naziism, communism, and yes, even islamic extremism (and I fully admit to this, being one who believes in these prophecies). There has been and will likely continue to be plots to take over the world. The mormon scripture predicting this may have been a prophecy from God, or it may have been just a shrewd guess based on human nature and past history... take your pick.

Jones has taken this one mormon scripture and made it his lifes focus. My own personal opinion of Jones, as a fellow mormon, is that he has gone way off the deep end. Even into the realm of deliberate dishonesty and perhaps even racism and bigotry. And I have been very critical of him here in that regard.

Last edited by Sword_Of_Truth; 3rd February 2010 at 10:34 PM.
Sword_Of_Truth is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories » 9/11 Conspiracy Theories