ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories » 9/11 Conspiracy Theories

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags heroin , korey rowe , loose change

Old 29th January 2011, 06:01 PM   #41
fitzgibbon
Master Poster

Evil's usually camouflaged as the mundane. That's why daytime soap operas are so evil.
"Television is a circus, a carnival, a traveling troupe of acrobats, storytellers, dancers, singers, jugglers, side-show freaks, lion tamers, and football players. We're in the boredom-killing business! So if you want the truth... Go to God!"
Howard Beale, "Network"
fitzgibbon is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th January 2011, 06:21 PM   #42
Thunder
Banned

why isn't this major story on Prisonplanet or WeAteChange?
Thunder is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th January 2011, 07:50 PM   #43
carlitos
"más divertido"

I remember reading in the Guinness book about that guy who ate change.

YouTube Video This video is not hosted by the ISF. The ISF can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website.
I AGREE
carlitos is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th January 2011, 10:49 PM   #44
gumboot
lorcutus.tolere

Originally Posted by Oliver View Post
Mhmmm, MIHOP or LIHOP?
You are so, so evil.

O xein', angellein Lakedaimoniois hoti têde
keimetha tois keinon rhémasi peithomenoi.

A fan of fantasy? Check out Project Dreamforge.
gumboot is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th January 2011, 11:58 PM   #45
Dog Town
Banned

Originally Posted by gumboot View Post
You are so, so evil.
Well...he's murdered more than one language!
Dog Town is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th January 2011, 12:09 AM   #46
alienentity
Illuminator

Originally Posted by Macgyver1968 View Post
Yeah...it will give "inside job" a whole new meaning for him!
Free colon cleansing...
alienentity is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th January 2011, 12:19 AM   #47
Orphia Nay
Penguilicious Spodmaster.
Tagger

Location: Ponylandistan Presidential Palace (above the Spods' stables).
Originally Posted by carlitos View Post
Rowe sounds like he needs to get some help. I hope that he does.
My thoughts exactly.

Originally Posted by A W Smith View Post
Could have a history,
http://www.reddit.com/r/conspiracy/c...elling_heroin/
Seeing as he was a producer, Where do you suppose the (2k)money came from?
It's more likely that that's where a lot of the profits went (up his arm). (Assuming he's guilty.)

"Loose Change" may have given us a lot of lulz over the years, but this is a day when the news is just sad.
Old 30th January 2011, 12:23 AM   #48
Dog Town
Banned

Originally Posted by Orphia Nay View Post
but this is a day when the news is just sad.
Where some would see Darwin.
Dog Town is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th January 2011, 12:26 AM   #49
alienentity
Illuminator

C'mon guys, don't you think we should cut him some slack? I mean, look at the horrible things that NIST has done! Shyam Sunder stuttered at a presentation - it doesn't get much worse than that!
alienentity is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th January 2011, 01:04 AM   #50
Scott Sommers
Illuminator

Originally Posted by alienentity View Post
C'mon guys, don't you think we should cut him some slack? I mean, look at the horrible things that NIST has done! Shyam Sunder stuttered at a presentation - it doesn't get much worse than that!
I think he's been framed because he's such a danger to the secret one-world government. I'm surprised it took them so long to finally get around to dealing with him.
I've seen it here and in several other places that there is no Illuminati. That doesn't even make sense. There's a Wikipedia entry that talks about it. I'm not saying that everything on Wikipedia is true, but if you read it, it's just really clear how the Illuminati controls the world.
Scott Sommers is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th January 2011, 01:34 AM   #51
alienentity
Illuminator

Yeah, the NWO isn't what it used to be...we should've stopped Rowe while the first Loose Change was in preproduction. Tsk Tsk.
Old 30th January 2011, 06:16 AM   #52
njslim
Graduate Poster

Yeah, the NWO isn't what it used to be...we should've stopped Rowe while the first Loose Change was in preproduction. Tsk Tsk.

Yeh - its so hard to get good help these days.
njslim is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th January 2011, 07:10 AM   #53
Lenbrazil
Muse

According to a more recent article:

Quote:
The arrests were made at about 4:50 p.m. on Interstate 88 near westbound Exit 13, with the assistance of Otsego deputies, police said.

Seized during the investigation was $6,400 in cash and an additional 27 packets of heroin found in Marte's possession, police said.

Rowe and Marte were arraigned Friday in Oneonta City Court and sent to the Otsego County jail, police said
http://thedailystar.com/localnews/x1...th-heroin-sale

I'm sure toofers will claim Marte set Rowe up but would not make sense since he will face a stiffer sentence. If the location correct they weren't very smart, it about 1000 feet from the NY State Police and was the closest on or off ramp

http://maps.google.com/maps?q=Inters...N&hl=en&tab=wl

Last edited by Lenbrazil; 30th January 2011 at 07:12 AM.
Lenbrazil is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th January 2011, 07:17 AM   #54
dafydd
Banned

I was expecting our resident truthers to rush to this thread and defend him.
dafydd is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th January 2011, 07:28 AM   #55
tsig
a carbon based life-form

Originally Posted by dafydd View Post
Yes, it's mighty quiet around here.

BTW: we need a cricket icon.
tsig is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th January 2011, 07:33 AM   #56
DGM
Skeptic not Atheist

Originally Posted by tsig View Post
Yes, it's mighty quiet around here.

BTW: we need a cricket icon.

"How many leaves on the seventh branch of the fourth tree?" is meaningless when you are in the wrong forest: ozeco41
DGM is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th January 2011, 07:41 AM   #57
Quad4_72
AI-EE-YAH!

There really aren't too many resident twoofers these days. Most have given up on the fantasy and returned to normal life.
Looks like the one on top has a magazine, thus needs less reloading. Also, the muzzle shroud makes it less likely for a spree killer to burn his hands. The pistol grip makes it more comfortable for the spree killer to shoot. thaiboxerken
Quad4_72 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th January 2011, 07:47 AM   #58
Thunder
Banned

maybe 9-11 Truth is gonna throw Rowe under the bus.
Thunder is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th January 2011, 10:55 AM   #59
tsig
a carbon based life-form

Originally Posted by DGM View Post
:
tsig is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th January 2011, 10:59 AM   #60
grandmastershek
Graduate Poster

Anyone know why there is such a disparity between the amount to be released on cash bail as opposed to a bond?
Old 30th January 2011, 11:19 AM   #61
triforcharity
Banned

Bail is when a person pays the entire amount to the court or the jail. Say, if Rowe's bond was $5,000, then someone paid the $5,000 cash to the court, they would release him. Once his trial was over, the amount would be paid back to him. In some jurisdictions, any court costs or fines are taken out, and the remainder refunded to whomever paid it.

Bond is when someone goes to a bondsman and pays the bondsman a fee, usually 10%. The bondsman then "pays" the court his bond, and he is released. The 10% (or whatever the fee) is kept by the bondsman.

http://www.diffen.com/difference/Bail_vs_Bond(legal) Here is a good sight that explains it.
triforcharity is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th January 2011, 11:38 AM   #62
Oliver
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by gumboot View Post
You are so, so evil.

Oh, I could go on and on about that...

"So, Korey, is it true they did that to you in prison?"

"No, that theory surely cannot be true, only a cruise missile could create such holes ..."
Oliver is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th January 2011, 11:38 AM   #63
TruthersLie
This space for rent.

Guys.

I hate to say it (I really do because he deserves it), but I do think we need to cut him some slack.

I know that he helped accuse hundreds of honest hard working individuals of being complicit in the mass murder of 3000 fellow citizens, but to mock him at a time like this shows really low class.
"There are submissions to the Journal of 9/11 Studies, but that's about as convincing as submissions to the Journal of Intelligent Design Studies." –Noam Chomsky (and this can be said of ANY and all twoof papers)
TruthersLie is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th January 2011, 11:45 AM   #64
sadhatter
Philosopher

Originally Posted by DaveThomasNMSR View Post
Yeah, he sure was (see page 4).

Hat Tip to SLC
We didn't make mistakes, we wanted you to do the research.

That is some stupid **** right there. Nixon should have used that one. Clinton should have used that one, hell, godwin be damned, Hitler should have used that one.

" Well, see united states, i really wasn't committing genocide, i just wanted see how long it would take your guys to figure it out. Show you how to see if someone really is committing genocide. That was my goal. "

Ufc fighters should use that one...

" Well ref, i didn't actually kick him in the nuts, i just wanted to show him how to know when a kick in the nuts is coming. "

Nickleback should use that one....

" See, our music doesn't actually suck, we make sure it seems like it sucks, so that you guys will know how to tell if music sucks. ."

The list could go on and on. It is by far the perfect excuse.
sadhatter is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th January 2011, 11:49 AM   #65
Oliver
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by TruthersLie View Post
Guys.

I hate to say it (I really do because he deserves it), but I do think we need to cut him some slack.

I know that he helped accuse hundreds of honest hard working individuals of being complicit in the mass murder of 3000 fellow citizens, but to mock him at a time like this shows really low class.

You're right, of course. [Even if I doubt that the usual horror stories about rape in prison are true anyway].
Oliver is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th January 2011, 11:51 AM   #66
sadhatter
Philosopher

Guys.

" I am bringing truth and light to the world exposing corruption and evil. Showing how people in the highest echelons of society break laws to benefit themselves. And rely on people's ignorance to further their plans. Now give me my bags of heroin to sell, snort and shoot."

Sounds like the perfect time to call the little bugger on being a hypocrite. He makes a living trying to say people take advantage of peoples stupidity and he is involved in the heroin scene. It doesn't get to be a much better time than this actually.

Okay, so if he was found to be setting up a terrorist act on behalf of the government , it would be one step better, but this is pretty close.
sadhatter is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th January 2011, 11:52 AM   #67
TruthersLie
This space for rent.

You're right, of course. [Even if I doubt that the usual horror stories about rape in prison are true anyway].
Not at all.

I hope that burmas and his other buddies send him some soap on a rope. We just shouldn't be revelling in it like we are. It is acting like a truther. We are soooo above that.

I personally hope that he gets the help he needs.
"There are submissions to the Journal of 9/11 Studies, but that's about as convincing as submissions to the Journal of Intelligent Design Studies." –Noam Chomsky (and this can be said of ANY and all twoof papers)
TruthersLie is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th January 2011, 11:55 AM   #68
sadhatter
Philosopher

I don't really think they can.

If this happened after the first movie, sure, they could make the case " they were afraid of him after the first one, and didn't want him getting any more of his ideas out.". If it happened during any of the sequels, they would have a weaker version of the same argument.

But as of now, his fame has faded, he has done nothing in the past while, and his entire movement is starting to fizzle out. There would be literally no reason for the NWO to give a crap about him.

While i don't see much internal consistency from the CT'ers , this would be such a large jump that i think only the wackiest of the wacky would even attempt it.
Old 30th January 2011, 12:00 PM   #69
sadhatter
Philosopher

Not at all.

I hope that burmas and his other buddies send him some soap on a rope. We just shouldn't be revelling in it like we are. It is acting like a truther. We are soooo above that.

How is it acting like a truther? WE are not making money from it, we are simply expressing amusement that someone who attempts to paint everyone in the us government as a criminal that preys on the ignorance of the average person , has been found to be a criminal that prays on the ignorance of your average person.

Ridicule is for the ridiculous , and this guy is the definition of ridiculous.
Old 30th January 2011, 12:25 PM   #70
I Ratant
Penultimate Amazing

Oh, I could go on and on about that...

"So, Korey, is it true they did that to you in prison?"

"No, that theory surely cannot be true, only a cruise missile could create such holes ..."
That's a winner.
I Ratant is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th January 2011, 12:31 PM   #71
9/11 Chewy Defense
Banned

Quote:
nokilli

We all see the love Truthers get.

And this is the easiest thing in the world to frame somebody for. A cop takes the smack out of the evidence locker, walks over to the guy whose life he wants to ruin, and arrests him. That's all there is to it.
Yeah right, like a cop's gonna do that.

This thread proves that Truthers are on drugs.
9/11 Chewy Defense is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th January 2011, 12:39 PM   #72
Thunder
Banned

what do they have to say over at the Loose Change forum about all this?
Old 30th January 2011, 01:33 PM   #73
Lenbrazil
Muse

Originally Posted by TruthersLie
Guys.

???? Isn't the underlined comment an example of "mock(ing) him" and "revelling in it"? Unless he was dealing to pay for his own habit I can't feel much sympathy for a heroin dealer, with the possible exception of crack it is the most evil drug there is.
Lenbrazil is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th January 2011, 01:41 PM   #74
njslim
Graduate Poster

If you go to other forums (ie Above Top Secret) can see the resident nuts coming out of
woodwork claiming its a set up by nefarious people/organizations

Considering large amount of heroin involved is lookingat serious time.....
njslim is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th January 2011, 03:39 PM   #75
Jackanory
Graduate Poster

Mhmmm, MIHOP or LIHOP?
He's definitley a taker!
Old 30th January 2011, 03:44 PM   #76
Jackanory
Graduate Poster

Perhaps he was on his way to supply them too?
Old 30th January 2011, 07:11 PM   #77
grandmastershek
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by triforcharity View Post
Bail is when a person pays the entire amount to the court or the jail. Say, if Rowe's bond was $5,000, then someone paid the $5,000 cash to the court, they would release him. Once his trial was over, the amount would be paid back to him. In some jurisdictions, any court costs or fines are taken out, and the remainder refunded to whomever paid it.

Bond is when someone goes to a bondsman and pays the bondsman a fee, usually 10%. The bondsman then "pays" the court his bond, and he is released. The 10% (or whatever the fee) is kept by the bondsman.

http://www.diffen.com/difference/Bail_vs_Bond(legal) Here is a good sight that explains it.
Thanks Tri, but my question was about why there was such a difference between him being released on bond ($20K) as opposed to cash ($10K).
Old 30th January 2011, 08:15 PM   #78
Sam.I.Am
Illuminator

Originally Posted by grandmastershek View Post
Thanks Tri, but my question was about why there was such a difference between him being released on bond ($20K) as opposed to cash ($10K).
To ensure that he shows up. Some people might be more inclined to skip out on 2k than on 10k of actual out of pocket cash. The 20k bond is put up by someone else who essentially take up the responsibility to make sure that they show up in court (and to hunt them down if they try to skip out). That's what a lot of that 10% goes towards. It's up to the judge to decide who seems to have the greater risk of flight and then set bail and bond accordingly.

About my avatar.
Sam.I.Am is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th January 2011, 08:24 PM   #79
akama1
Critical Thinker

was trawling google hits on his arrest and came across this
http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread656984/pg2

Originally Posted by Shadow Herder
Besides we heard that 2 Jref forum members ( 911 debunkers) were caught sharing and possesing child porn with eachother. Awaiting trial.
??? what the .... that was a new one from out of left field. also fail to see the relevance

The other thing i noticed, the debunker sites reporting on this feel sorry for korey and hope he gets professional help. The truther site, up in arms that it is a CIA setup.
akama1 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th January 2011, 08:49 PM   #80
grandmastershek
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by Sam.I.Am View Post
To ensure that he shows up. Some people might be more inclined to skip out on 2k than on 10k of actual out of pocket cash. The 20k bond is put up by someone else who essentially take up the responsibility to make sure that they show up in court (and to hunt them down if they try to skip out). That's what a lot of that 10% goes towards. It's up to the judge to decide who seems to have the greater risk of flight and then set bail and bond accordingly.
OK...but I don't think that answers why bond is 2x as much as cash.

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories » 9/11 Conspiracy Theories