ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories » 9/11 Conspiracy Theories

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags heroin , korey rowe , loose change

Old 3rd February 2011, 06:17 AM   #161
Oliver
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by sheeplesnshills View Post
I like the way he says the video quality has jumped up! Man it must have been really bad if thats an improvement!

Oliver is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd February 2011, 06:27 AM   #162
angrysoba
Philosophile

Originally Posted by Oliver View Post
That's one of the most pathetic videos I ever encountered ...
He's truly the Greg Evigan of the conspiracy theory world.
"The thief and the murderer follow nature just as much as the philanthropist. Cosmic evolution may teach us how the good and the evil tendencies of man may have come about; but, in itself, it is incompetent to furnish any better reason why what we call good is preferable to what we call evil than we had before."

"Evolution and Ethics" T.H. Huxley (1893)
angrysoba is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd February 2011, 06:34 AM   #163
Oystein
Penultimate Amazing

Quote:
So the big question is: Why am I video-blogging?
The answer given by that video is: "To solicit donations, so I can fulfill a personal dream (that of becoming an independent radio hoster)"

Somehow, that is not a particularly awesome goal to attract donors. How would it benefit the donors, or society? He doesn't go into that.
Oystein is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd February 2011, 06:35 AM   #164
angrysoba
Philosophile

Greg Evigan [not really]:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C39TiviGQgw
"The thief and the murderer follow nature just as much as the philanthropist. Cosmic evolution may teach us how the good and the evil tendencies of man may have come about; but, in itself, it is incompetent to furnish any better reason why what we call good is preferable to what we call evil than we had before."

"Evolution and Ethics" T.H. Huxley (1893)
angrysoba is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd February 2011, 10:21 AM   #165
carlitos
"más divertido"

That video really was sad. Reminds me of when Andrew Sullivan begged for money on the Daily Dish site, then took a months-long vacation afterwards.
carlitos is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd February 2011, 10:27 AM   #166
Brainster
Penultimate Amazing

Last thing I heard about Dylan:

Quote:
Dylan Avery has an announcement to make: I’m not making another Loose Change. I’m not making a documentary about chemtrails or the NWO or some random conspiracy that you think I should cover. I’m working on feature length film scripts and trying to become a legitimate director. I don’t think I can make this any clearer, but I’ll try below …

I made Loose Change because I was pissed off about 9/11. I can’t force myself to be pissed off about a particular topic just because you want a movie on the subject. My movies are my therapy, and if I keep slaving away on political documentaries my whole life so people can hand them out for free while I struggle to pay my rent, I’m going to need actual therapy to keep me from destroying myself.
BTW, Korey was working as a roofer the last I heard. Yep, from Troofer to roofer.
Brainster is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd February 2011, 10:46 AM   #167
Björn Toulouse
Cavitus Rectum

Originally Posted by Brainster View Post

Quote:
and if I keep slaving away on political documentaries my whole life so people can hand them out for free while I struggle to pay my rent, I’m going to need actual therapy to keep me from destroying myself.

What a dedicated trooper to the cause. Reminiscent of that scene in Forrest Gump when he left all those runners out on the highway after saying he was tired and was going home.

Belisarius
Björn Toulouse is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd February 2011, 11:13 AM   #168
carlitos
"más divertido"

Don't forget about this guy, who seems to be doing fine financially.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Matthew...(entrepreneur)
carlitos is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd February 2011, 11:49 AM   #169
Brainster
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by carlitos View Post
Don't forget about this guy, who seems to be doing fine financially.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Matthew...(entrepreneur)
Matt's a nice guy. He told me he bought into the theories at first, but began to have doubts as the production of AAC went on. He got burned by Korey and Dylan, who refused to pay him his share of the sales proceeds. Of course, he's not alone in that regard; they have a trail of unpaid bills from vendors including the sound mixing.
Brainster is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd February 2011, 01:00 PM   #170
Lenbrazil
Muse

Originally Posted by A W Smith View Post
shes like heroin to me, shes like heroin to me, shes like heroin to me, she can not, miss a vein.
"I am her hero, she is my heroin "

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uxqh62tYWOg

Last edited by Lenbrazil; 3rd February 2011 at 01:06 PM. Reason: added video link
Lenbrazil is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd February 2011, 01:23 PM   #171
DGM
Skeptic not Atheist

Quote:
Dylan Avery
"I’m working on feature length film scripts and trying to become a legitimate. director".
Interesting statement if you want to "read into it". Does he consider his earlier work "not legitimate"?

"How many leaves on the seventh branch of the fourth tree?" is meaningless when you are in the wrong forest: ozeco41

Last edited by DGM; 3rd February 2011 at 01:26 PM.
DGM is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd February 2011, 01:54 PM   #172
Quad4_72
AI-EE-YAH!

Originally Posted by DGM View Post
Interesting statement if you want to "read into it". Does he consider his earlier work "not legitimate"?

I do
Looks like the one on top has a magazine, thus needs less reloading. Also, the muzzle shroud makes it less likely for a spree killer to burn his hands. The pistol grip makes it more comfortable for the spree killer to shoot. thaiboxerken
Quad4_72 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th February 2011, 09:17 AM   #173
Lenbrazil
Muse

Has anyone seen any updates? The last I saw was the 2nd article in the Star. Funny this has not been mentioned yet on the LC forum or 911Blogger

http://s1.zetaboards.com/LooseChangeForums/index/
http://911blogger.com/
Lenbrazil is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th February 2011, 09:26 PM   #174
Orphia Nay
Penguilicious Spodmaster.
Tagger

Location: Ponylandistan Presidential Palace (above the Spods' stables).
I can't find anything more recent than Jan 31 at Google News.

I did find this blog post from Feb 3:

Yesterday Korey released the following statement on Avery’s facebook page:

“I did not sell heroin to the undercover police officer as I am accused of doing. I was not charged for possession because I did not posses anything I should not have had…. This is an atrocity and I apologize to the community, my family, friends and loved ones. I will make every effort to make right this awful situation as fast as possible. Thank you to everyone who has shown me such great support in these trying times. I am working with my attorneys and can make no further statements this time.”

If you did not sell heroin, and did not possess anything, why are you apologising, Korey?
Old 5th February 2011, 09:53 PM   #175
Björn Toulouse
Cavitus Rectum

Originally Posted by Lenbrazil View Post
Has anyone seen any updates? The last I saw was the 2nd article in the Star. Funny this has not been mentioned yet on the LC forum or 911Blogger

http://s1.zetaboards.com/LooseChangeForums/index/
http://911blogger.com/

Yes, it has been "mentioned" here. There is just not enough activity on that site any more. JFK spends more time lurking on JREF.

Belisarius
Björn Toulouse is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th February 2011, 07:17 AM   #176
Lenbrazil
Muse

Originally Posted by Orphia Nay View Post

“I did not sell heroin to the undercover police officer as I am accused of doing. I was not charged for possession because I did not posses anything I should not have had…. This is an atrocity and I apologize to the community, my family, friends and loved ones. I will make every effort to make right this awful situation as fast as possible. Thank you to everyone who has shown me such great support in these trying times. I am working with my attorneys and can make no further statements this time.”

If you did not sell heroin, and did not possess anything, why are you apologising, Korey?

He seems to acknowledge that he was in the car when the buy was made but deny involvement. But since the guy from the Bronx had $6400 and many other heroin packets on him it obviously wasn't the first sale of the day nor would it have been the last if they weren't busted, thus it's hard to believe Rowe was simply 'in the wrong place at the wrong time'.

Here's the link to the original.
http://www.facebook.com/iamdylanaver...07950732613159

Last edited by Lenbrazil; 6th February 2011 at 07:18 AM. Reason: added link
Old 6th February 2011, 07:21 AM   #177
Lenbrazil
Muse

Originally Posted by Björn Toulouse View Post
Yes, it has been "mentioned" here. There is just not enough activity on that site any more. JFK spends more time lurking on JREF.
I missed that as a poster there said "I'm not sure you're going to get much of a response with the current thread title. Something a little more direct with Rowe's alleged arrest in the title so that Dylan can see and respond if he knows."

Funny that some of the loons don't think he was really arrested!
Old 6th February 2011, 08:34 AM   #178
Unsecured Coins
Hoku-maniac

Remeber when the cops arrested him for desertion? Korey made it out to be a big overly dramatic affair, but never proved it?

I'm taking bets on how Hollywood he makes this
Unsecured Coins is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th February 2011, 11:52 AM   #179
Justin39640
Illuminator

Originally Posted by Unsecured Coins View Post
Remeber when the cops arrested him for desertion? Korey made it out to be a big overly dramatic affair, but never proved it?

I'm taking bets on how Hollywood he makes this
A buxom blond love interest and a 6000 round shootout with the NY State Police at the end? I can't wait.
Old 6th February 2011, 01:58 PM   #180
Orphia Nay
Tagger

He seems to acknowledge that he was in the car when the buy was made but deny involvement. But since the guy from the Bronx had $6400 and many other heroin packets on him it obviously wasn't the first sale of the day nor would it have been the last if they weren't busted, thus it's hard to believe Rowe was simply 'in the wrong place at the wrong time'.
Maybe he wasn't dealing or in possession, but maybe he was apologising for using.

Thanks for that.
Old 6th February 2011, 04:34 PM   #181
Travis
Misanthrope of the Mountains

If Dylan wants to wash his hands of the conspiracy stuff and become legitimate filmmaker I wish him the best of luck.
Old 6th February 2011, 05:24 PM   #182
Walter Ego
Illuminator

BTW, Korey was working as a roofer the last I heard. Yep, from Troofer to roofer.

Dylan Avery:

Quote:
My movies are my therapy...
I guess the therapy worked. He's not making movies anymore.
Walter Ego is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th February 2011, 04:50 PM   #183
9/11 Chewy Defense
Banned

I was over at the LCF reading their threads, they believe that Korey Rowe was "set up" and that his arrest was "fake".

When you sell, or in the possesion of, drugs and get caught, you're going to jail no matter what you claim.
9/11 Chewy Defense is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th February 2011, 07:05 PM   #184
grandmastershek
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by 9/11 Chewy Defense View Post
I was over at the LCF reading their threads, they believe that Korey Rowe was "set up" and that his arrest was "fake".
Is it shocking? In any cult the leaders are beyond question.
Old 9th February 2011, 05:11 PM   #185
dudalb
Penultimate Amazing

Hey, he's doing honest,useful work. That is a step in the right direction for him.....
dudalb is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th February 2011, 06:52 PM   #186
Thunder
Banned

so, dumbass has been charged with selling heroin.

has he made bail? when is his grandjury?
Thunder is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th February 2011, 12:27 AM   #187
NYCEMT86
Graduate Poster

This reply makes me laugh the most from FB statement

Quote:
Richard Rowell: Thanks Dylan. Why is he apologizing? @ Damien Franklin, I hope the NWO isn't using this incident for testing purposes to see how the public reacts to this situation specifically.
Oh the stupidity, it burns!!

"The most beautiful four words in the common language is: I told you so." - Vidal
NYCEMT86 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th February 2011, 04:33 AM   #188
Lenbrazil
Muse

Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
so, dumbass has been charged with selling heroin.

has he made bail? when is his grandjury?
No Jason Dumass is making pathetic begging videos, Rowe is the Stooge who got busted!
Old 12th February 2011, 04:12 AM   #189
Oliver
Penultimate Amazing

Quote:
People will still continue to do what they will in their own private lives. The DailyStar's slant on this story is ridiculous.
Quote:
if you check the dailystar's "police blotter" section, which is a daily record of crimes for the police jursidictions in their area, you'll see NO mention of rowe's name or the alleged arrest: http://thedailystar.com/policeblotter

Pffffft!

http://www.oneonta.ny.us/government/...se_2011127.asp
Oliver is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th February 2011, 11:35 PM   #190
Orphia Nay
Tagger

Originally Posted by Oliver View Post
Nice find, Oliver!
Old 13th February 2011, 09:23 PM   #191
Mr.D
Self Assessed Dunning-Kruger Expert

Originally Posted by 9/11 Chewy Defense View Post
When you sell, or in the possesion of, drugs and get caught, you're going to jail no matter what you claim.
Well, if he's smart (and not just a little lucky), maybe he can cut a deal for testimony or something.

Wonder how the LCF would try to spin THAT.
Old 14th February 2011, 01:24 PM   #192
Thunder
Banned

so did Rowe make bail?

is he gonna use his trial to finally have their "new investigation" into 9-11?

Thunder is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th February 2011, 09:44 PM   #193
SlightlyAbovePar
Scholar

Look, I think Loose Change is pure, skull-hammering douche'ness to the ninth degree. However, many of the comments posted here are completely out of line. Wishing rape on someone? Really? Making light of someone's obvious drug addiction issues?

We can all agree those responsible for creating L.C. acted in profoundly repugnant ways. Propagating easily debunked lies. Willfully distorting the truth. Gross quote mining.....and I could go on for another two paragraphs.

The point here is if we act in a way no better than those we take to task; how can we claim to be apart from that which we, rightly so, criticize?
SlightlyAbovePar is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th February 2011, 09:46 PM   #194
Thunder
Banned

Originally Posted by SlightlyAbovePar View Post
Making light of someone's obvious drug addiction issues?
be addicted to heroin all you like. that's your personal stupid suicidal choice.

but the day you SELL heroin is the day you become my enemy.
Old 15th February 2011, 09:57 PM   #195
SlightlyAbovePar
Scholar

I'm not suggesting you aren't entitled to your opinion (see your comments about selling heroin above). Not at all. Expressing yourself (the royal you) in a way that is viciously hateful, reminds me of how truthers interact with others on countless other forums.

Basically, it's not okay for us to act like them, no matter what the offense. It just isn't. It lowers us to their level.

And before anyone asks, yeah we do have to behave better. That's the way it is. That's the price we pay for being ambassadors of <hate to say it like this but, you know what I mean> the truth.
SlightlyAbovePar is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th February 2011, 09:57 PM   #196
Justin39640
Illuminator

Originally Posted by dudalb View Post
Hey, he's doing honest,useful work. That is a step in the right direction for him.....
A step up? lol
Old 18th February 2011, 11:05 AM   #197
Brainster
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by SlightlyAbovePar View Post
Look, I think Loose Change is pure, skull-hammering douche'ness to the ninth degree. However, many of the comments posted here are completely out of line. Wishing rape on someone? Really? Making light of someone's obvious drug addiction issues?

We can all agree those responsible for creating L.C. acted in profoundly repugnant ways. Propagating easily debunked lies. Willfully distorting the truth. Gross quote mining.....and I could go on for another two paragraphs.

The point here is if we act in a way no better than those we take to task; how can we claim to be apart from that which we, rightly so, criticize?
This.
Old 18th February 2011, 11:23 AM   #198
twinstead
Penultimate Amazing

This.
Seconded
Old 18th February 2011, 03:47 PM   #199
Oliver
Penultimate Amazing

Nice find, Oliver!

Oh, it took me less than 30 seconds to find the Oneonta PD and the info about the arrest ... but the reactions and laziness on their forum once again portrays how conspiracy theories come about in the first place ...
Old 20th February 2011, 07:14 PM   #200
StoneWT
Critical Thinker

When you are making chump change (a little above minimum wage for your area), The easy money from becoming a conspiracy personality ($20,000 or 30,000 for BS'ing) seems like a huge sum. After having done menial work (low-end restaurant or even manual labor), money for nothing (rambling speeches, free hotels, donations from the audience, people treating you like a royal guest in their homes) makes you feel like a millionaire.

I wonder if he had a problem before LC. Did he turn to herion after losing the big money and fame from the LC heyday? Did he have a problem before LC that was manageable and it grew worse after he became just another average joe?
StoneWT is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories » 9/11 Conspiracy Theories